Skill Balance Incoming

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

It’s little things like this that would get me caught out if I was an undercover agent during war times haha!

filthy scot, get em! haha jk.
:P
on another note, my brother some time ago said that “ack” (don’t know if I typed that right) was a thing, something one says in exasperation. is that true?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It’s little things like this that would get me caught out if I was an undercover agent during war times haha!

filthy scot, get em! haha jk.
:P
on another note, my brother some time ago said that “ack” (don’t know if I typed that right) was a thing, something one says in exasperation. is that true?

lolwhat no snipples? so I was right I guess…

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

My prediction….

DH will see a solid buff and a very minor nerf. Mesmer particularly Condi Chrono remains intact. Thief will get another weapon set hammered. Warrior will get some clunky skill fixed but passive defense will remain intact. Scrapper will get an equal amount of nerfs/buffs that basically net each other out. Necro will get a nerf on skills/traits nobody cares about. Ele and Ranger will have a host of changes that don’t matter. Revs won’t have any of their numerous broken skills/traits fixed in a useful way.

I really hope I am wrong. They could surprise and take a shot at passive defense buffs, stealth stacking, condi burst, etc.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I have reasonable expectations.

Attachments:

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

<3 it. Perfect pose.

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I’m wondering what “condi burst” is. My condi takes time to build up while solid zerk power builds burst me down.

I build appropriately, to survive long enough to get my conditions built up, keep stacking as long as I can before the power builds burst me down, get my shroud up asap to try to hang on a little longer while it’s being power burst down.

But, if I do stack the conditions, which is not easy, they are effective. But, I wouldn’t consider them “burst.”

So, I’m wondering what “condi burst” is so I can rework it in my build.

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

They make changes for PvP mainly, only once in a blue moon for WvW.

People that complain about high mobility and such small scale builds, that are broken, shouldn’t expect too much. Like those people who complain about thieves, who are mostly useless outside of ganking, roaming against squishies/zerg builds, some 1v1s and scouting.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I’m wondering what “condi burst” is. My condi takes time to build up while solid zerk power builds burst me down.

I build appropriately, to survive long enough to get my conditions built up, keep stacking as long as I can before the power builds burst me down, get my shroud up asap to try to hang on a little longer while it’s being power burst down.

But, if I do stack the conditions, which is not easy, they are effective. But, I wouldn’t consider them “burst.”

So, I’m wondering what “condi burst” is so I can rework it in my build.

Ironic unless you simply dont know how to play the game.

Any condi build worth their salt will do 10-20% damage a second within a few seconds of engagement unless the target is very tanky or got condi cleanses and heals coming out its kitten .

This isnt PvE, we dont need to stack 30K dps over minutes on a lobotimized boss with a million billion hp. We only need to occupy them until the big hitters is on cd again.

A condi ele can put 20K+ burn damage instantly on a target at 1200 range with the press of a single button. What do you call that, a friendly tap on the shoulder to say “oh you… you’re so hot”?

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

As far as I have overflown it condi builds are now even more powerful and not a single trait has been touched while the traits are the main problem since June 2015. But oh well…
I was wrong, some traits have been changed.

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Lol that patch…

Adrenal Health: The amount healed by this trait has been reduced by 10% in PvP only.

Because AH isnt at all OP in WvW (also lol at 10%).

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

No epidemic change either. Nothing to see here, it’s mostly PvP changes as expected, although the light field change seems to benefit WvW more.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Very disappointed that one of the biggest issues here wasn’t addressed. Why was epidemic not even so much as mentioned in the patch notes? It really needs a fix. At the cost of only requiring a handful of coordinated necros and proper gear, this skill alone carried certain guilds in zerg v zerg fights. There is also the scenario (which isn’t too uncommon) that if you and a group are standing next to a lord and trying to dps it down, all it takes is the literal push of a single button from 1 enemy necro, and 5 people will instantaneously die (30+ stacks of bleed and dozens of stacks of other condis all at once. This WILL kill you in one tick if you don’t have resistance on beforehand). This is a problem, things like this shouldn’t exist in the game.

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Very disappointed that one of the biggest issues here wasn’t addressed. Why was epidemic not even so much as mentioned in the patch notes? It really needs a fix. At the cost of only requiring a handful of coordinated necros and proper gear, this skill alone carried certain guilds in zerg v zerg fights. There is also the scenario (which isn’t too uncommon) that if you and a group are standing next to a lord and trying to dps it down, all it takes is the literal push of a single button from 1 enemy necro, and 5 people will instantaneously die (30+ stacks of bleed and dozens of stacks of other condis all at once. This WILL kill you in one tick if you don’t have resistance on beforehand). This is a problem, things like this shouldn’t exist in the game.

once again only pve and pvp were really considered… mind blown this wasn’t changed.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

World vs. World
General

• Being killed while outnumbered no longer grants any war score to the enemy team.
  • All siege devices and traps have been changed to gizmos that are consumed once they are placed.
  • This change was made to help solve bugs in which siege devices and traps weren’t being granted back properly when they weren’t placed.
  • Siege bundles now stay in your hands until players drop, cancel, or run out of siege.
  • Changed the Potion of Ascalonian Mages to work similarly to combat tonics. The transformation now allows for all player skills to be used. The transformation is removed after 30 minutes. Clicking the potion again will remove the transformation.

Alpine Borderlands

• Garrison’s back gate that enters the lord’s room now has secured, reinforced, and fortified states like all other gates.

Desert Borderlands

• Removed the floating gargoyle at the Shrine of Fire.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-February-22-2017/first#post6504219

Fire Water Air
FA

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Did they really buff the Ghost Thief build?

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Alpine Borderlands

• Garrison’s back gate that enters the lord’s room now has secured, reinforced, and fortified states like all other gates.

I’d call that a win, it was about as cheese as you could get.

Really disappointed Warrior’s immunity to being killed survived.

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Condi builds got a boost… check.
Epi in tact… check.
Ghost Thief still running… check.
DH still has a ridiculously low skill floor… check.
Warrior passive defense unmangled… check.
Thief weapon set nerf only in PvP… check.
Zerg composition the same… check.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Condi builds got a boost… check.
Epi in tact… check.
Ghost Thief still running… check.
DH still has a ridiculously low skill floor… check.
Warrior passive defense unmangled… check.
Thief weapon set nerf… check.
Zerg composition the same… check.

thats would be the balance Anet likes, a low skill foor to maintain alot of badies thinking that they are good @ something…

Inovation they say….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I thought I read that wrong too……looks like it with caltrops and traps lol

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Yes…. Yes they did….

I am so completely disappointed by this balance patch that I have no desire to log on. Think I’m going to fix a drink and do a little reading. God I can’t wait for a new RvR game to come out….

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Frontline Guardians are now stronger than before (Stronger virtues, stronger GS, Recieve the Light buffed)… lol k. We also see a nerf to the evil DH pull.

Ele staff has some small buffs, and thank god Overload Air was only PvE nerfed

And they actually fixed Garrison Gate. Only took 4 years!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Yes…. Yes they did….

I am so completely disappointed by this balance patch that I have no desire to log on. Think I’m going to fix a drink and do a little reading. God I can’t wait for a new RvR game to come out….

Back to Dragon Age Inquisition and a glass of wine for me.

Disappointed as usual but plenty of other games to play and purchase!

Dtox

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

im lauging so hard on this update…. they said they focused warrior banners…. form 5 to 10 targets….LOOOOL

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Amazing, they managed to make a big deal of balance changes and didn’t touch the 4 most broken things in the game which are condi mesmer/necro/warrior and thieves mobility. What a joke lol.

Edit: I forgot to mention the heal ele lol…

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

(edited by XTR.9604)

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Phantasmal Duelist: In addition to its previous effect, this skill now fires a slow-moving homing bullet that cripples its target if it hits

That one word: LOVE it!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

kitten went and posted in the wrong skill balance thread, moving my post here..

Patch summary…

02/21/2017 – February 21st Release Notes
Profession Skills
General:

• Increased damage to a bunch of skills across all professions.
  • Lowered cool downs to a bunch of skills across all professions.
  • Increased condition damage and stacks to a bunch of skills across some professions.
  • Light Field: Blasting a light field will now cleanse a condition from allies in a radius of 360. This previously granted retaliation.

I guess we weren’t killing fast enough.

The important stuff.

World vs. World
General

• Being killed while outnumbered no longer grants any war score to the enemy team. (Listen closely you could probably hear Maguuma screaming in the background.)
  • All siege devices and traps have been changed to gizmos that are consumed once they are placed. This change was made to help solve bugs in which siege devices and traps weren’t being granted back properly when they weren’t placed.
  • Siege bundles now stay in your hands until players drop, cancel, or run out of siege.
  • Changed the Potion of Ascalonian Mages to work similarly to combat tonics. The transformation now allows for all player skills to be used. The transformation is removed after 30 minutes. Clicking the potion again will remove the transformation.

Alpine Borderlands

• Garrison’s back gate that enters the lord’s room now has secured, reinforced, and fortified states like all other gates. (After 4 years construction was finally completed.)

Desert Borderlands

• Removed the floating gargoyle at the Shrine of Fire.

Dat ghost thief buff lol.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Ghost Thief hybrids may have gone from annoying to outright dangerous.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

At least yall can blast light fields to clear conditions instead of crying that you all died to epidemic.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Well, guardians and eles have better cleanses, so that indirectly helps.

lol @ ghost thief. Anet be trollin.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Any condi build worth their salt will do 10-20% damage a second within a few seconds of engagement unless the target is very tanky or got condi cleanses and heals coming out its kitten .

This isnt PvE, we dont need to stack 30K dps over minutes on a lobotimized boss with a million billion hp. We only need to occupy them until the big hitters is on cd again.

I think that’s one of the biggest problems when it comes to pve type players understanding pvp. These are the same skills we are using on ourselves, and players don’t have the massive amount of hitpoint that npcs do.

Pve players generally don’t need to care about balance in numbers they’re just throwing the skills on npcs, all they want to do is kill faster that means throwing more damage as fast as possible.

“Why can’t we have skills hitting for 25k on a 2 minute cooldown?!?! it’s only 5% of the npcs health!!!”
- Because you’ll be one shotting someone in pvp every 2 minutes.
“So? who cares?”

So it isn’t possible until Anet learns how split skills or to cap damage on skills in certain areas of the game, (Surprised they haven’t as even Everquest a 20 year old game manage to have an adjustable cap on pve spells for damage on players in pve zones).

So yes that’s why balance is done mostly according to pvp side of games.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

This is awesome: Being killed while outnumbered no longer grants any war score to the enemy team.

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

This is awesome: Being killed while outnumbered no longer grants any war score to the enemy team.

That might be something worth celebrating if outnumbered was a local buff instead of map wide…… or if the score actualy mattered….

LGN

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

As a thief….. ghost thief did not need a buff. That is just silly.

Pancakes
Thief

(edited by TehHobNob.4687)

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

That might be something worth celebrating if outnumbered was a local buff instead of map wide…… or if the score actualy mattered….

^ This lol.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Frontline Guardians are now stronger than before (Stronger virtues, stronger GS, Recieve the Light buffed)… lol k. We also see a nerf to the evil DH pull.

I’m not sure PvE and WvW are now considered as separate since as a general rule WvW is still considered part of PvE. Can anyone confirm Overload air is still the same in WvW ?

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I’m not sure PvE and WvW are now considered as separate since as a general rule WvW is still considered part of PvE. Can anyone confirm Overload air is still the same in WvW ?

All changes not listed as “PvP Only” are currently affecting WvW. If it’s intended or not, it’s up Arena Net to say.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

All changes not listed as “PvP Only” are currently affecting WvW. If it’s intended or not, it’s up Arena Net to say.

Right so basically as it stands now, OA has indeed been nerfed in WvW. :-(

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Really? That’s odd since in the past they stated whether a change affected WvW or not. Still though I’m glad that thief’s evade spam was lowered in both PvP and WvW

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

It’s stronger in WvW, so it’s safe to say it’s what exactly what it said— pve only.

And yes, I know the Bloodlust thing affects matters. EOTM has it as 716 vs 669 in pve. Which is a difference of 7%. And yes, I had a food buff that expired during this but rest assured that changed nothing because I don’t have any +stats food

Attachments:

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Dev’s are answering questions about the balaance patch in the general section https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Official-Skill-Balance-Thread-22-February-Update/page/5

Let ’em have it.

LGN

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Dev’s are answering questions about the balaance patch in the general section https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Official-Skill-Balance-Thread-22-February-Update/page/5

Let ’em have it.

Thread is closed buddy.

Good riddance though because that was just terrible, with a lot of negativity, a lot of comments ignored and mostly empty and vague answers except for one constant comment “lack of resources”.

Wonder if the “lack of resources” has anything to do with the continuing downward spiral of GW2 financial results – which are likely not to change in the short term and, even if the expansion hits, with the continuing style of development, not likely in the long run either.

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

OriOri.8724

I think lack of resources are more tied up in ANet trying to do too many things at once. They have at least 70 devs working on the next expac (number taken from an AMA a while back, I’m sure that number has just grown since then), devs working on fractals, devs working on WvW, devs working on PvP, 2-3 teams working on LWS3 (I say 2-3 because we don’t know if team 1 will have another episode to complete or not), devs working on raids and more. Its no wonder they have trouble finding time to balance something…..

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Let ’em have it.

Thread is closed buddy.

Good riddance though because that was just terrible, with a lot of negativity, a lot of comments ignored and mostly empty and vague answers except for one constant comment “lack of resources”.

Wonder if the “lack of resources” has anything to do with the continuing downward spiral of GW2 financial results – which are likely not to change in the short term and, even if the expansion hits, with the continuing style of development, not likely in the long run either.

Closed literally 1 minute after I posted here. I think they sensed they angry mob grabbing their torches and pitchforks lol.

Speaking of torches I just wanted to thank anet for the massive improvement on ranger’s throw torch skill, nothing like getting more direct damage on a purely condi weapon, that was definitely the buff rangers needed…. smfh

LGN

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So apart from eles meteor shower this whole balance change is a power creep for every class. Given the power creep since HOT is that really what anet wants to do?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

So apart from eles meteor shower this whole balance change is a power creep for every class. Given the power creep since HOT is that really what anet wants to do?

Well they nerfed sharpened edges on rangers, they also nerfed their unblockable attack. This makes playing glassbow or crit bleed a lot less effective. In turn they buffed the bunker build by giving the pet more damage if you are playing great sword.

I think their goal is to just destroy every last shred of build diversity to make balance patches as easy as possible.

LGN

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Let’s see…

• WvW,
  • PvP,
  • Story,
  • Raids,
  • Fractals,
  • Expac,
  • Balance and skills
    I think OriOri is right. They seem very thinly spread, and I suspect that this will lead to that disappointing decision we all dread. The one we don’t talk about, you know?
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Dunno why they would close that thread when they said they would be looking at it the next few days especially when players get a chance to play them out.

Figures they wouldn’t answer anything to ghost thieves.

I expect the next q&a or ama to return to reddit next time.

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Dunno why they would close that thread when they said they would be looking at it the next few days especially when players get a chance to play them out.

Figures they wouldn’t answer anything to ghost thieves.

I expect the next q&a or ama to return to reddit next time.

Maybe the elementalist and mesmer players spamming complaints got to them?

They don’t tend to do well under pressure.

It’s a shame, there were some genuinely good questions there I was looking forward to seeing answered. I hope they take a good look through what was posted anyway.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

OriOri.8724

I think it has more to do with they didn’t want to let it go all night and have to go through a 10 page thread in the morning where most of it is full of stupid questions or insults thrown at the devs. I hate that it was locked, but I understand why they would want to

Skill Balance Incoming

in WvW

Posted by: Fenda.1398

Fenda.1398

I don’t quite understand why most people only ever mention the ghost thief build as unhealthy, overpowered, cancerous when the same applies to condition chronomancers. Those are far more disgusting. Speaking of the matter though – while i do not play ghost thief as i do enjoy S/D, it seems that power based thief builds get pushed back patch after patch in comparison to most other classes, thus creating almost something like a need to play some cheap OP condi cancer in order to stay competitive. Especially in smallscale a thief is more and more forced to run and reset – and when you do look at the PvP-only changes, ArenaNet clearly seems to think that thieves have no right to successfully 1v1 anything other than a thief without greatly outskilling their opponent.

Yes, the permanent stealth of the ghost thief is annoying, as is the constant restealthing of D/P or constant evading of S/D. But face it, if you take that from thieves, they’re useless. ArenaNet enforces this basicly, you cannot fight toe to toe with thief vs x class.