Skill Lag is So Much Better

in WvW

Posted by: Vic.1754

Vic.1754

I don’t know what you guys have done but thank you. Skill lag still isn’t perfect but at least in Tier 1 it is aeons better. I also noticed that we are in a different server. Borlis Pass instead of Anvil Rock.

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

Vic Almighty – Guardian | Commander
Almighty Leader of Knights of the Temple [KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

I thought it was just fewer people hammering the servers due to the first week coming to an end. Is it still good after reset?

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Or it’s cause you’re just not in the big 3 match anymore.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Trading JQ for TC probably doesn’t make a huge difference population-wise at this point on reset night. I’d be willing to bet TC can fill all 4 maps for the first few hours at least.

If reset night has better lag than the other nights had they probably fixed something.

in WvW

Vic.1754

We have fought TC many times in the last couple of months. I can assure you that there is always really bad skill lag. I don’t even have a gauge to tell you how much better it is. It is that noticeable. Our maps are still queued longer than normal. Its still Seasons. Something has definitely changed and its for the better.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Trading JQ for TC probably doesn’t make a huge difference population-wise at this point on reset night. I’d be willing to bet TC can fill all 4 maps for the first few hours at least.

If reset night has better lag than the other nights had they probably fixed something.

Anet programmer guy did state small incremental changes but yea, sounds like they are on the right track.

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Probably upgraded from their Pentium 4 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

SBI matchup must be on the crappy server, getting insane amounts of skill lag.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in WvW

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

They did nothing i promise you, there are less people in WvW because most of the PvE players have their achievements finished.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in WvW

Vic.1754

They did nothing i promise you, there are less people in WvW because most of the PvE players have their achievements finished.

Ya, I think you’re wrong. For the past year every time we went into WvW the “server” we were on if you scrolled over a guildie or party member was Anvil Rock. Today it was Borlis Pass. Tier 1 in the past has always experienced server lag even when WvW was losing interest a couple months back especially in EBG. Today things were not just noticeably better they EXTRAORDINARILY better. Also maps were queued all night which throws out your theory of less people.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Also had less lag, I did play on a borderland that wasn’t Q’d.

also ran with about 15 people, but when we faced 50+ we were still able to cast at times..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Ya, I think you’re wrong. For the past year every time we went into WvW the “server” we were on if you scrolled over a guildie or party member was Anvil Rock. Today it was Borlis Pass. Tier 1 in the past has always experienced server lag even when WvW was losing interest a couple months back especially in EBG. Today things were not just noticeably better they EXTRAORDINARILY better. Also maps were queued all night which throws out your theory of less people.

Also noticed “Anet” tagged characters following zergs and large battles around. Am sure they are there to log the encounters and going over the stress numbers in their followup meetings.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Total lag fest across the entire map in Gandara EB whenever a major battle takes place.

No improvement at all.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)