Skill Lag will kill WvW

Skill Lag will kill WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Seriously how long do we have to put up with this? Is this ever going to get fixed or is it better to quit the game right away and not waste time in to it? Because good gameplay is just not possible anymore, everytime you fight more than 30vs30 you get riddicolous Skill lag.

It’s is enough already Arena Net get your kitten together and fix it.

Yes im kitten ed because this is destroying the game.

Skill Lag will kill WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tots.3056

Tots.3056

I don’t understand it either. Other games can pull off the calculations, why is this one different or am I missing something here? Would really appreciate it if a Dev could enlighten us.

Collecting Loot [Bags]
Guild Leader

Skill Lag will kill WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Your right! And without doubt “Skill Delay” will gradually force people away from playing gw2 completely. The only reason a vast majority of people are still logging in each day is because of WvW and Anet haven’t even got the decency to update the community on where they stand with the issue, Don’t they realize that even a little information is better than NONE.

I think maybe their staff need to be booked on a customer relations course.

Skill Lag will kill WvW

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Have to agree. No one likes MMO games that lag.

Two competitors are in the horizon with The Elder Scrolls Online and Camelot Unchained. Some of their early development videos talk specifically about their engines and the ability to keep the FPS up via large player battles. It’s almost as if they are responding to the major player base gripes of GW2, hehe.

Skill Lag will kill WvW

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

anet has ignored WvW since the betas, don’t expect anything to change now

Skill Lag will kill WvW

in WvW

Posted by: joffmonk.1285

joffmonk.1285

Two competitors are in the horizon with The Elder Scrolls Online and Camelot Unchained. Some of their early development videos talk specifically about their engines and the ability to keep the FPS up via large player battles. It’s almost as if they are responding to the major player base gripes of GW2, hehe.

both of those game will have subscription fee’s… this one doesnt.
you have to remember that when talking about MMO’s with laggy pvp, even daoc had terrible lag in big battles and that was going strong till wow appeared on the scene.

the fact u get all of the content and pretty kitten good pvp wvw for 1 price is crazy good value for money, it might take longer for fixes because of this but i would rather not spend and extra 120+ quid a year on the chance of quicker fixes.
because lets face it bugs in subscription mmo’s aren’t fixed particularly quickly either.

Bettsy Boomstick -80 engy ! Helliz Arka -80 ranger
Keshana Devone -80 warrior ! Cherry Doomblossum -80 ele !
Titanica Teenytank -80 guardian

Skill Lag will kill WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

you have to remember that when talking about MMO’s with laggy pvp, even daoc had terrible lag in big battles and that was going strong till wow appeared on the scene.

the fact u get all of the content and pretty kitten good pvp wvw for 1 price is crazy good value for money, it might take longer for fixes because of this but i would rather not spend and extra 120+ quid a year on the chance of quicker fixes.
because lets face it bugs in subscription mmo’s aren’t fixed particularly quickly either.

I would gladly spend 15 euro a month if i get fluid gameplay in exchange and not this piece of mess we have currently.

Skill Lag will kill WvW

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I would gladly spend 15 euro a month if i get fluid gameplay in exchange and not this piece of mess we have currently.

Indeed. 15 bucks a month? That’s cheaper than a 6pack of beer and a pizza. I’d pay that as well if the performance was on par. We’ll see how TESO and Camelot handles the performance side of things in the very near future.

Skill Lag will kill WvW

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

If the skill lag was going to kill WvW, WvW would have died 7 months ago.

That being said, yes, this skill lag is really bad and some kind okittennowledgement from ANet would be super peachy.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

Skill Lag will kill WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

tbh 7 months ago the lag actually wasnt that bad. In SM three ways ya but outside of that not so much. I find alot of lag came into wvw around the guesting patch and it has been getting worse and worse ever since

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

Skill Lag will kill WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Clexzor.6351

Clexzor.6351

Ya but they also don’t take 6+ months to fix an issue that was created during Beta…I would love to pay a monthly sub for better server…15 a month is a joke and if u cant spend 15$ a month than idk lol….

Skill Lag will kill WvW

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

tbh 7 months ago the lag actually wasnt that bad.

Yes it was. It’s always been this bad.

Granted, unless one of us has videos/packetsniffs/etcetera of a three-way SM fight from 7 months ago, we can’t really argue it.

So let’s agree to “NUH-UH/YEAH-HUH!”

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

Skill Lag will kill WvW

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

tbh 7 months ago the lag actually wasnt that bad.

Yes it was. It’s always been this bad.

I do not recall seeing skill lag rage threads all over the forums every reset until the last month or so. Sure SM in EB has always been lagtastic (they don’t call it Lagmist for nothin) but I never really understood how SM alone was responsible for that “feature” of WvW when skill lag is is not a client side issue but maybe graphics lag on the client side just compounds an already existing problem to the point of noticing it.

Granted, until March we didn’t even have skill lag because we had his evil twin culling instead where we didn’t even have to see those waves of enemies attacking us. The funny thing is skill lag results in the same sort of battles as culling induced, massive fights where you can’t do anything or get killed but in cullings case it was because you could not see the enemy nor they you while with skill lag it is just a slow death as we all spam our auto attack and hope someone dies when you are down. Neither one allow for any sort of strategic play that is not some cheap use of abusing the game mechanics and not very much fun to participate in.

Unfortunately there are probably multiple factors at work here negatively affecting a lot players in game experience and causing us all lose patience and start kittening. The recent blight of DC’s is probably completely unrelated to the typical 40vs40 skill lag lock-ups, and regular client side lag due to graphics overload is likely a compounding issue for some of us, along with ISP stuff and other crazy things that are difficult to pin down. So as much as I love to kitten about this skill lag BS, I am also aware how ignorant I am of all the elements involved. I just want ANET to take notice and maybe do a little preventive maintenance in lowering the WvW map population caps so we can see how much that helps the situation.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .