Skill lag gone?

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: The Hero Warrior Il.7681

The Hero Warrior Il.7681

I was playing in sm in eb a three way and had no skill lag at all someone else notice less skill lag? (not lag but skill lag)

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: Steeroth.9684

Steeroth.9684

Last night they released a small patch, release notes only reveal this :

Bug Fixes
Improved server performance.

Would be nice to know what specific performance has been improved :p

Ênvy [eV]
Far Shiverpeaks EU

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: SyLaR.3628

SyLaR.3628

Hey all just wanted to update real quick! We’ve been investigating an issue that was introduced recently which we suspect could be causing increased lag in WvW. Today, we’ll be doing a hotfix to improve server performance with the hope that it mitigates the lag we’ve all been experiencing.

Keep an eye out once the hotfix is live and let us know if you notice a difference!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Looking-for-info-on-lag-in-WvW/page/6#post3844964

Slacking till CU/CF.

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: Xoranium.6481

Xoranium.6481

Wow, I guess we will have to wait till we see proof of the prime time pudding.

Hats off to Anet if they have fixed skill lag.

Fingers crossed

[WvW]Xoranium – Thief – Treb Master of Gandara

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Fingers crossed

Skill lag/lag still exists, just get into a SM fight…..

Mag Server Leader

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

it didn’t get totally fixed but it did improve. I still had it really bad in EB last night long after the patch. But at least I can do the other maps.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: Xoranium.6481

Xoranium.6481

Fingers crossed

Skill lag/lag still exists, just get into a SM fight…..

:( we live in hope

[WvW]Xoranium – Thief – Treb Master of Gandara

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

There’s still skill lag from my end… Ah well, probably just my connection tbh. Can’t be helped if you’re connecting from across the Pacific

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Last night DB got into some threeways with SOS and Mag at EB and we had some decent skill lag there. So no.. it’s not gone. It’s just not as strong as it used to be.

It’s not skill lag per-se either. It’s selective disabling of AOE skills that aren’t attached to weapon auto attacks. Any single target skill (warrior stance, self heal without AOE) still works but any AOE skill (guardian “Stand Your Ground”, ele 25pt burst heal, engie heals, grenade kit, etc) gets disabled.
This is why the skill lag sucks: it fundamentally alters the way classes work to conserve bandwidth. My raid leader last night was on a guardian and lost his survivability to skill “lag”. If skill lag is truly necessary to make sure servers don’t choke out then ANET needs to lift a few restrictions on skills while it is in effect:
Elite skills and self heals (skill 6) should never be disabled

Well that’s it really. Arguments could be made for every skill that fits someone’s build. Its just the self heals and elites that should be spared from disabled during high traffic situations.

Little red Lioka

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Last night DB got into some threeways with SOS and Mag at EB and we had some decent skill lag there. So no.. it’s not gone. It’s just not as strong as it used to be.

It’s not skill lag per-se either. It’s selective disabling of AOE skills that aren’t attached to weapon auto attacks. Any single target skill (warrior stance, self heal without AOE) still works but any AOE skill (guardian “Stand Your Ground”, ele 25pt burst heal, engie heals, grenade kit, etc) gets disabled.
This is why the skill lag sucks: it fundamentally alters the way classes work to conserve bandwidth. My raid leader last night was on a guardian and lost his survivability to skill “lag”. If skill lag is truly necessary to make sure servers don’t choke out then ANET needs to lift a few restrictions on skills while it is in effect:
Elite skills and self heals (skill 6) should never be disabled

Well that’s it really. Arguments could be made for every skill that fits someone’s build. Its just the self heals and elites that should be spared from disabled during high traffic situations.

Yeah I pretty much always rely on (traited) Virtues now, because I know I can count on them activating in the biggest fights. Whereas shouts are very hit or miss during the heavy skill lag periods. So its pretty much a lot of standing around and Staff #1 while waiting on virtues to recharge, then retreating if it gets too hot…..Its pretty ridiculous to say the least.

Mag Server Leader

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: lordmeowalot.8135

lordmeowalot.8135

They did an update and yesterday it was better but now it is WORSE. Skill lag in SM still makes everything almost unplayable but now rubberbanding is more frequent and everyone is teleporting a few steps on my screen.

EU (Piken)

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Skill lag still exists on the borderland maps as well.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

There was less skill lag yes, but it was still brutal enough to the point I had to leave SMC because I couldn’t cast any skills to clear conditions.

It’s one thing to run around spamming 1 and hoping to win; it’s a whole other thing to have a barrage of conditions on you that you cant do anything about.

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

So long and nothing really fixable when big blobs face each other, not that they are not trying to and I am sure they are. But maybe it’s impossible to actually do it when wvw becomes a big party.

Sometimes I wonder if any other mmo developer company with gw2 on their hands can do much as anet does. I am glad to play 90% of the times this great pvp game with no lag issues.

I think the solution would be create 1-2 more borderlands or even more if necessary, then decrease the cap limit. That way could fix the lag and performance issues as the blobs wouldn’t be that big.

Skill lag gone?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Just a thought, and I by no means expect ANet to implement such a thing, but I would consider extra large maps to somewhat resolve the issue of blobbing. Say we make a map twice, or at least one and a half times the size of EotM. People are always going to blob, but if we have massive, massive maps like that, Especially if only 1 or 2 waypoints are available, I would bet we’d see a lot more small scale warfare. People would branch off in to large havoc groups of 15 – 20 and you’d find a bunch of groups wandering around instead of one gigantic one versus another gigantic one. It wouldn’t be efficient to have everyone in one place on such a massive map because it would take too long to get to the desired locations in time to either defend or capture.
This wouldn’t necessarily prevent skill lag, but it could possibly help if not everyone is in one place at a time.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma