Skins and decorations

Skins and decorations

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

Is there any chance WvW could get siege skins, castle-keep-tower-camp decorations?
Either from the gem store or by crafting, It would be nice to take something and make it holiday themed or something.

Also this might be something a lot of people might hate, but wouldn’t it be fun if in some holidays a world boss or something appeared randomly in WvW wrecking walls and stuff?

Skins and decorations

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I can get behind the decorations and perhaps boss skins or temporary holiday lords, but please don’t put game-changing stuff in like a huge, wall-wrecking, Teqzilla NPC.

Skins and decorations

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I was thinking this thread was about wvw decorations for guild hall and I was all excited by the idea.

They tried doing Living Story stuff in wvw and people freaked out. Toxic events. I think during winter’s day we get dolyak and siege projectile changes. And NNC always has holiday lights strung up.

Skins and decorations

in WvW

Posted by: Chunky Milk.2130

Chunky Milk.2130

They tried doing Living Story stuff in wvw and people freaked out. Toxic events. I think during winter’s day we get dolyak and siege projectile changes. And NNC always has holiday lights strung up.

Those stupid Scarlet probes all over too. I don’t remember if they had the massive knockback radius on them in actual wvw, but i’m sure the ones that were in EoTM did. On that note, I think those probes are actually still in eotm, in the bottom layer of the center.

[Hide]/[DP]

Skins and decorations

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Living story stuff in WvW could be pretty cool if done right. It’d have to be cosmetic or a tactical change that people had the option of using. Meaning, it couldn’t just be flat out better than everything else.

Skins and decorations

in WvW

Posted by: MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

Is there any chance WvW could get siege skins, castle-keep-tower-camp decorations?
Either from the gem store or by crafting, It would be nice to take something and make it holiday themed or something.

Also this might be something a lot of people might hate, but wouldn’t it be fun if in some holidays a world boss or something appeared randomly in WvW wrecking walls and stuff?

Agree on both points. Actually I always thought it would be cool if a dragon or something came in to attack a castle if a server was just completely dominating their opponents. Sometimes it can be boring if you dont have a good fight, and a dragon attack would help temporarily balance until more people arrived/logged on and then it could fly away.

Skins and decorations

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I was thinking this thread was about wvw decorations for guild hall and I was all excited by the idea.

Having actual pve events that interrupt game play and decorations are two different things. No one has a problem when they decorate for the holidays, shouldn’t be a problem having themes for claimed structures. They should have explored having different skins for structures and siege years ago, they went on a run with finishers for a while and that’s about it. Their art team is mostly set on gliders, black lion weapons and an outfit every month.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Skins and decorations

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

• World vs. World siege skins have been temporarily changed in celebration of the Lunar New Year.

I would like to see the return of these siege reskins from the Lunar New Year 2015.

Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-02-10

If I remember correctly, they were clad in a rich dark reddish hue and some gold bits here and there. Looked really nice.