Skirmish Chests are terrible.

in WvW

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

Specifically the number of clicks required to open a stack of them. You’d think with all the clicking required to open loot in this game they’d be toning that down, but nope. 5-7 clicks per chests to get one bloody item, rinse and repeat. I kinda doubt any dev has opened more than a few of them because it’s incredibly tedious.

Quick fix: one of the vendors in WvW gets a new tab that allows you to use Skirmish Chests as currency to purchase one of the selectable rewards from the chest. This is huge because unlike the “choose-your-own-reward” loot boxes, the vendor UI actually allows you to buy more than one item at a time. Bam, problem solved.

Be a bro Anet, just think of all the mice that are gonna break opening all those chests, don’t leave us hanging

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Ooo, I like the currency vendor idea.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Good idea, I approve.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

just open them as you get them, why would u collect a stack of them before opening?
I got a lot of those and didn’t had any problem opening them every time I clear inventory

[DIE] Death is Energy

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Yes, the inventory UI is not fit for large amount of items. It is lacking the obvious multi-select, repeat action for all selected items feature. There is a disconnect between the WvW loot tables with hundred boxes per day and the inventory UI’s no more than 1 item per day designs.

Allowing to use boxes as currency at vendors would be just another workaround to overcome the shortcomings in the designs. Like the salvage kits’ Salvage All option. It would relieve the users’ frustration, but one can clearly see there is no end to such workarounds.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

just open them as you get them, why would u collect a stack of them before opening?
I got a lot of those and didn’t had any problem opening them every time I clear inventory

Why would you waste all that time clicking them open all the time? lol.

I stack all my stuff I get alot of in my inventory at the bottom of it. Means alot less trips to the merchant and alot less salvage work. Makes more sense to only have to click “salvage all” and “deposit all” once u amasss a large amount of items…in this case ur amassing months of items instead of doing multiple more months of clicking “salvage all” and “deposit all”

Anyways there are tons of benefits to keeping ur skirmish chests atm.
a. they might add new items to them
b. you can potentially sell them to guilds
c. you can donate them all to ur guild at once for status/powah.
d. can use them to give ur guild a good reason not to kick you
e. you can use them in general to showoff how cool you are
f. you can just leave them there for an eternity and save u rself alot of clicking.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

And you can open them when you actually need some kitten items.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I agree with the exchange system for badges/proofs to tickets, also agree that outnumbered buff needs to be changed/nerfed.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s out of control! I won’t say no to loot, but the combination of reward boxes and skirmish chest is quickly rek’ing me.

It’s not even been 2 weeks since the new pip system came out.

Attachments:

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Nighteyess.2149

Nighteyess.2149

+1 To this just opened a stack of 70 and it was ridiculous

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Anet really likes their matroesjka style with loots. bag from a bag that came from a chest which was in a chest just to get 1 item. Would think they’re affiliated with some mice brands to make some money.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.