Skirmish Reward Chest changes..

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

So I’m skimming through the Patch Notes and come across this change;

WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets have been reduced in the last chest of each division but have been added to every chest.

My immediate thought is “Yay! Nice change!” but then I start thinking about it;

How and, probably more importantly, when, will this be implemented?

I am hoping it will be on Friday during the weekly matchup changes and the anticipated reset of the chests, since otherwise this could be problematic for some players and unfairly beneficial for others.

What happens if I already finished Diamond? Does the chests reset to Wood and allow me to obtain them all again? 350 tickets for those that “nolifed” the first days and didn’t have jobs to go to in the morning? Less tickets to those that were counting on having until Friday as usual and therefore didn’t go “all in” the first few days?

If the chests do not reset, what if I finished 5/6 Mithril? Does that mean I now “forfeit” the tickets from the first 5 Mithril chests and only get the “reduced” ammount from the 6th Mithril chest?

Hopefully you already thought about all this and either set a cap so people still can’t gain more than 175 tickets this week, or delay the changes to the chests until next reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

So I’m skimming through the Patch Notes and come across this change;

WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets have been reduced in the last chest of each division but have been added to every chest.

My immediate thought is “Yay! Nice change!” but then I start thinking about it;

How and, probably more importantly, when, will this be implemented?

I am hoping it will be on Friday during the weekly matchup changes and the anticipated reset of the chests, since otherwise this could be problematic for some players and unfairly beneficial for others.

What happens if I already finished Diamond? Does the chests reset to Wood and allow me to obtain them all again? 350 tickets for those that “nolifed” the first days and didn’t have jobs to go to in the morning? Less tickets to those that were counting on having until Friday as usual and therefore didn’t go “all in” the first few days?

If the chests do not reset, what if I finished 5/6 Mithril? Does that mean I now “forfeit” the tickets from the first 5 Mithril chests and only get the “reduced” ammount from the 6th Mithril chest?

Hopefully you already thought about all this and either set a cap so people still can’t gain more than 175 tickets this week, or delay the changes to the chests until next reset.

I hear you, as I am on the first diamond chest..

But really.. I am not going to begrudge people who happen to be starting this out in.. let’s say bronze… I am pleased that with the change, it will not take 2 years to get both the back pack and a set of legendary armor.

I hope we don’t split hairs about when it starts.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I haven’t finish diamond and mithril yet….sad….reduced reward, this is unfair!

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: jucep.2094

jucep.2094

no more Ticket cap , i just got 14 tickets on the first Diamond Chest after finishing diamond tier.

in WvW

Najten.2418

Nooooo! The weekly cap was the only GOOD thing about the old system!

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

no more Ticket cap , i just got 14 tickets on the first Diamond Chest after finishing diamond tier.

This is unintended. There is supposed to be a weekly ticket cap and we will be fixing this.

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.8613

Vagrant.8613

I finished the gold and plat chest earlier today before the update so I missed out on a bunch of tickets. Oh well, the pip and ticket increase in this update was desperately needed.

in WvW

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

Please don’t change it. WvW doesn’t need a ticket cap there are enough time gates as is.

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

This is unintended. There is supposed to be a weekly ticket cap and we will be fixing this.

Is the increased amount of tickets unintended as well?

in WvW

Najten.2418

I finished the gold and plat chest earlier today before the update so I missed out on a bunch of tickets. Oh well, the pip and ticket increase in this update was desperately needed.

Oh I totally agree the increase was needed, and I’m loving the fact that the rewards are not as focused on the last chest of each tier as they were before, I’m just kind of upset such a huge change is implemented on a Tuesday (which unfairly benefits those that had time to finish their chests early this week) instead of at the weekly reset (which would’ve been fair for all).

in WvW

Posted by: bambuuPANDA.5037

bambuuPANDA.5037

Please don’t change it. WvW doesn’t need a ticket cap there are enough time gates as is.

Think of all the salt from the raid players who went for lege armor if there is no cap. They were capped with their LI per week.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

While you are at it, can you also credit those of us who already got most of the skirmish chests for the week (but haven’t hit diamond yet) with the ticket difference from the new increase per tier?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Please dont change it……
Just keep it as it is some of us dont mind playing wvw for hours and hours why cant we get the rewards for it ??

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Ewon.5903

Ewon.5903

With this fix, can those of us who already capped this week receive the new cap retroactively please? I doesn’t feel great being shafted just because I WvW on the weekends and capped with the lower 170 tickets.

in WvW

Posted by: Dafortminor.4802

Dafortminor.4802

Honestly I think its better to leave it, it is already hard to get the items and takes x2 as long as PVE. Diamond chest which gives 70 tickets now take a while to get, you need to play for a few hours just to get those its better to leave it honestly I think. Its a shift in the right direction I think.

in WvW

Posted by: Seda Khold.5428

Seda Khold.5428

With this fix, can those of us who already capped this week receive the new cap retroactively please? I doesn’t feel great being shafted just because I WvW on the weekends and capped with the lower 170 tickets.

Seconding this sentiment.

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Sorceress.2387

Mighty Sorceress.2387

Thank you for taking our suggestion to distribute the tickets! It is much appreciated and people are gonna have more incentive to keep going!

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Please dont change it……
Just keep it as it is some of us dont mind playing wvw for hours and hours why cant we get the rewards for it ??

Instead of playing for hours and hours just do an hour, get what you need and play another game.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I think what is meant is that there is a cap, but the cap has increased to 365 tickets per week, and the diamond chest gives +14 repeatable until you reach the cap.

Or at least that is what the wiki is saying

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: mwobey.6702

mwobey.6702

Out of curiosity, why is unlimited ticket potential not a desirable feature? The psychology of a weekly cap makes the grind feel much longer, when in reality many of us (especially those who aren’t receiving double pips through years of backlogged WXP) won’t actually be playing enough WvW for it to be relevant. Additionally, the closest analog to tickets, ascended shards of glory, don’t appear to be similarly gated with a seasonal max. I’d love more insight into the thinking behind some of the differences in design choices between the two paths.

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Well if it’s unintended, consider leaving it alone for this first week.

Those that are finished or in the progress of finishing the chest progress over the weekend will be at a disadvantage. The new weekly limit won’t be attainable due previous ticket progression earned, prior to the new limit.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Actually you should leave it alone. Players want this.

in WvW

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

No need to rush on this fix. It’s fine how it is.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I think what is meant is that there is a cap, but the cap has increased to 365 tickets per week, and the diamond chest gives +14 repeatable until you reach the cap.

Or at least that is what the wiki is saying

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

So if that’s the case hopefully it stays that way so those who already got all their skirmish chests have a chance of reaching the new cap this match.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Hollywood.7450

Hollywood.7450

Please consider leaving it as is, wvw is really fun again. I want to be rewarded for the amount of time I spend in a game mode. Thank you.

[NS] Nightsh̨ft РYelloww

(edited by Hollywood.7450)

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

While you are at it, can you also credit those of us who already got most of the skirmish chests for the week (but haven’t hit diamond yet) with the ticket difference from the new increase per tier?

That’d be appreciated indeed

in WvW

Posted by: TeaPotty.5941

TeaPotty.5941

Please leave it this way. There is no real reason for tickets to be capped. PvP tickets aren’t capped. Why punish players who mainly play WvW?

People are happy now, PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THIS BACK.

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Please leave it this way. There is no real reason for tickets to be capped. PvP tickets aren’t capped. Why punish players who mainly play WvW?

Because raid “tickets” are capped.
The logic would be to make pvp currency capped as well, or give other ways to get LIs.

I’m not for timegates but if you remove all timegates but raids, it becomes really unfair for raids. Let’s not forget you currently need 23 weeks of raids for second/third armor.

in WvW

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

look at all these missed opportunities for repeating diamond chests.. i support leaving it this way

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: TeaPotty.5941

TeaPotty.5941

The logic would be to make pvp currency capped as well, or give other ways to get LIs.

I’m not for timegates but if you remove all timegates but raids, it becomes really unfair for raids. Let’s not forget you currently need 23 weeks of raids for second/third armor.

Raid tickets rewards are better, so its not directly comparable.

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Raid tickets rewards are better, so its not directly comparable.

If you cap WvW tickets to at least 350, then it will take 18 weeks just for the Insights for the armor

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Please keep it

Finally the only mistake in favor of WvW rewards ever, activity is high even in lower tiers which is awesome

There’s already massive gold sinks to the legendary armor in wvw, the skins aren’t anything special so there’s no reason to have a time cap as well

GM – [Ark]ham

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

PvP chest is repeatable, I don’t see why WvW variant shouldn’t be. Please leave it as is.

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Please dont change it……

Instead of playing for hours and hours just do an hour, get what you need and play another game.

What if I don’t wanna play another game? What if I enjoy staying in wvw?
Who are you to tell me how long I should play for or what I should play?

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Please dont change it……

Oh yes, that’s what WvW needs. Less reasons to log into the game mode.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

LEAVE IT AS IT IS !!!!

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Angryjanitor.5940

Angryjanitor.5940

Haven’t logged into the forums in years, but I did today just to say LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS NOW. I like WvW and I like to feel like I’m getting rewarded.

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Get your tickets NOW xD

in WvW

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Devs be like: " Rewarding players for investing their time in our game ?! WE CANT HAVE THAT ! "

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I agree with all the others – PLEASE LEAVE IT AS IT IS! It actually feels rewarding now.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

The weekly cap is 365. Those of use who finished before the patch got 175. I’m just trying to GET to 365 this week.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

this it what happened to me:

Idid reward 4 of 6 of the diamond chest before yesterdays patch.

I did not get the 4 x14 skirmish claim tickets for unlocking the 4 of 6 chests. Only thing left i can get out of the diamond chest are 5 and 6 which give me 34 tickets.

best regards

in WvW

Posted by: Gop.8713

Gop.8713

But until they fix the bug you’ll be able to repeat diamond which ppl who don’t get there before the fix won’t be able to do. If not for the bug I would sort of see the point. I still don’t think it would be a big deal but I do understand that some ppl want to be the ‘first’ to get things and it isn’t surprising that those ppl would gravitate towards a competitive game mode so okay, this should have been an expected reaction to the patch . . .

But since there is the bug, who cares . . ?

in WvW

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

I would honestly suggest considering keeping the repeatable tickets and if necessary lower the amount you get that ARE repeatable. It feels so much better this way.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in WvW

Posted by: Gop.8713

Gop.8713

Idk, I see both sides of it. Making diamond repeatable would be really nice, but it also eliminates a time gate, and time gates are part of what makes nice things nice . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Seiken.3176

Seiken.3176

Plz don’t fix, WvW need repetable chests and tickets (like PVP!)

in WvW

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Don’t mind the potential repeat for people that have the time to do so personally, but speaking as one that will never have the time to reach Diamond every week, the spreading out of tickets is a very welcome change.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in WvW

Posted by: Emopandagurke.3497

Emopandagurke.3497

For the sake of god please dont fix it, its great!

-Elona Reach-

in WvW

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

So wait, I’m at the last chest (reward 6 of 6) and instead of 40 tickets I’m going to get 20 tickets instead? A warning would have been nice or even better you should have implemented this on reset. Anyone know if I can contact support to give me the missing 20 tickets cuz it sucks that I finally had time to reach Diamond due to vacation instead of Platinum and instead of getting 175 tickets I’m getting 155 tickets…. And please spare me “It’s only 20 tickets”, they are the ones that made a mistake and I would like for that to be corrected……

in WvW

Najten.2418

Out of curiosity, why is unlimited ticket potential not a desirable feature? The psychology of a weekly cap makes the grind feel much longer, when in reality many of us (especially those who aren’t receiving double pips through years of backlogged WXP) won’t actually be playing enough WvW for it to be relevant. Additionally, the closest analog to tickets, ascended shards of glory, don’t appear to be similarly gated with a seasonal max. I’d love more insight into the thinking behind some of the differences in design choices between the two paths.

I’d say, because of people like me.
If there was no weekly cap I’d struggle to do anything but WvW even when I’m not in the mood for WvW “just cuz Shinies!”, “gotta get most possible tickets!!”, and that is not healthy gaming. Now I hit the cap and don’t feel “obligated” to do more WvW that week and can focus on other things in the game that I enjoy more at that time. Sure, it can be WvW, but that’s not always what I feel like doing, all the time. I really hope the cap goes back in, if it’s increased though that is perfectly fine, but there has to be a cap.