Skirmishes and ppk not working together

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I think skirmishes and ppk do not work together. I see more and more people run away from fights, especially when the skirmish is within a few 100 points of each others and they are worried to loose because of dieing too often. This especially applies to servers with a bad k/d ration. they run away all day now.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Servers with bad k/d always run away, lol. That’s usually why they wipe so easily to begin with instead of holding their ground.

PPK do matter alot more now with the skirmishes than before yes but PPT is still the primary reason for winning a round. If the points are within a few hundred and the enemy zerg keep running… spread out and win in coverage instead. A single 50 man zerg that doesnt want to fight is no contest for five 10 man groups – whenever they encounter a zerg, slip away and let the other 4 groups cap and keep backbacking everything.

We need actual data on the detailed and separated score per skirmish to determine whether it “work together” or not.

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

Yes because ppt matters they run away from fights. They can just sit in their objectives and wait for the 2hours to go over. If they fight and loose all the time having more objectives wont help them to win, so they rather avoid fights completly and focus on ppt all day.
So for skirmishes to work we need to tone down ppt from objectives

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

If they are sitting inside a objective for 2hrs they are losing objectives elsewhere… Divide and conquer. Force them to divide. Unless your group isn’t competent enough to fight without being 50 people holding hands too.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Oh groan… Is it just me or does wvw just keep going downhill?

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

No, they’re working well. If they’re running from fights, it lets you know they’re bad. Just like before, PPT is important, but PPK can make or break the skirmish. A server who is failing on PPT but is getting all the kills can stay competitive with those who have all the PPT but barely any kills.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Your argument doesn’t seem convincing, OP. Having both PPT and PPK allows servers to gain score in multiple manners.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

Your argument doesn’t seem convincing, OP. Having both PPT and PPK allows servers to gain score in multiple manners.

If they run away from fights you cannot get points via ppk.

in WvW

Rotteny.8743

If they are running away from every fight, they aren’t defending their ppt.

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

Then it comes down to who karma trains fastest to win. Since t0 gives the same points as t3 you can just cap faster than the enemy to win and just not defend at all.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Oh groan… Is it just me or does wvw just keep going downhill?

I always thought uphill was harder? Downhill sounds easier. Guessing the devs follow that philosophy as well.

Think I’ll find a new woodworking project to do this fall instead of playing gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Then it comes down to who karma trains fastest to win. Since t0 gives the same points as t3 you can just cap faster than the enemy to win and just not defend at all.

Hit it where it hurts them (hint hint: t3 keeps) and they will come to give you all the sweet bags and ppk you want.

Also I agree: servers have been running away before as well and since one or two boxes of greens are still everything you get from winning people who run away to avoid ppk would be just plain stupid. Also you can’t really seperate it that harsh…if a server is confident to beat you in a battle they will fight you before and after the update. If they are plain bad and get stomped every time you meet them they’ve been running before and will keep running after the update.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Sounds like a fair way to discourage blobbing. PPK should be tied to the outnumbered buff. xD

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I think skirmishes and ppk do not work together. I see more and more people run away from fights, especially when the skirmish is within a few 100 points of each others and they are worried to loose because of dieing too often. This especially applies to servers with a bad k/d ration. they run away all day now.

Thank you for pointing this out. I’ve said elsewhere that increasing PPK will in fact decrease fights, not increase them. Yet, I received moans, groans, and back talk for pointing out such obvious behavior. If you folks want unlimited fights, decreasing the penalty for death accomplishes this. Players will then YOLO carefree all day long. As long as death counts more heavily toward the score outcome, players will play intelligently and avoid fights.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Rotteny.8743

Thank you for pointing this out. I’ve said elsewhere that increasing PPK will in fact decrease fights, not increase them. Yet, I received moans, groans, and back talk for pointing out such obvious behavior. If you folks want unlimited fights, decreasing the penalty for death accomplishes this. Players will then YOLO carefree all day long. As long as death counts more heavily toward the score outcome, players will play intelligently and avoid fights.

People already avoided fights long before PPK was introduced. These people now just use PPK as an excuse for their innability in fighting and refuse to improve.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

It’s good at PPK is mattering more tbh. PPT is a good measure of relative activity and population within a tier, but not very useful for determining where a server should be placed in relation to glicko.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

Sounds like a fair way to discourage blobbing. PPK should be tied to the outnumbered buff. xD

I dont know, I think the french blobs are usually equal in size

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

People already avoided fights long before PPK was introduced. These people now just use PPK as an excuse for their innability in fighting and refuse to improve.

Yes, there are those that simply don’t like to fight or die. Now, we have those of us that are using it tactfully and mindfully.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

having PPK worth more in these skirmishes because of the 2 hour duration is a good thing. People running away from fights has always been a thing we all complain about. If anything, I would develop a mechanic to get everyone to stop running away, rather than not increase the gains from PPK over PPT. Perhaps like open field objectives with no walls that will attract fights.

I feel like Arena Net tried this with the Desert map but failed when they added Dinosaurs and the entire event lagged. If it were not for that. People would fight over this mechanic, because it can change the flow of the map very quickly so they feel like they must do something.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I dont know, I think the french blobs are usually equal in size

I can’t speak to the French blobs. All I can say is that players are punished if they do try to fight while outnumbered.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Blaming skirmish for causing people to run away from fights is lame.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

This.

The ones out there for fights aren’t interested in score whether it be PPK or PPT, it’s the fight not the score.

The other ones who are there to win now have PPK as a reason to fight more and the ones who PPT now have a valid excuse to run.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Step one;

Encourage others to play the way you enjoy by making it enjoyable for them as well.

Step two;

Pay attention to the fact that you can not force others to be you.

Step three;

Adapt.

good luck

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Step three;

Adapt.

good luck

2hard4the average player…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

Adapt you say? Here’s another issue with PPK being TOO high. The third place world can feed so many points to the first place world, that the second place world cannot catch up no matter what they do with PPT. The Omni-blob shouldn’t be rewarded.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.