Slight oversight from ANet

in WvW

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

It’s great that wvwers will have a method to acquire Hero points in wvw, but according to this quote from the blogpost it sounds like the Proofs we’re getting from wvw ranking up won’t be retroactive, subsequently EOTM will be crawling with wxp farming wvwers since it is far easier to gain wxp and badges of honor there than WVW.

“we didn’t want to allow any WvW players who may have been stockpiling liquid world experience to instantly rank up a bunch of times and immediately begin unlocking the new expansion hero challenges the moment the expansion released.”

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

How is this an oversight?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Seems reasonable to me.

in WvW

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

Well ANet wanted to help wvwers but they might end up doing wvwish content that doesn’t contribute to their server at all, and a wvwer in eotm is also not a wvwer in the new borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

At this point I am cautiously hoping that retroactive rank points can be used, but not optimistic. Honestly, I will probably spend offraid time grinding in EotM, however being red most of the time could hamper that signigicantly.

Gotta do some PvE to get the guild halls so maybe grab some PvE HP here and there. Dunno. Kinda disillusioned by the whole thing personally.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Sorry but anybody who thinks that they should get retroactive scrolls from their prior rank ups is just fooling themselves. Its instant full elite specs which is clearly unreasonable.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Sorry but anybody who thinks that they should get retroactive scrolls from their prior rank ups is just fooling themselves. Its instant full elite specs which is clearly unreasonable.

But its not unreasonable for the average veteran PVE player to be able to do instant unlocks because chances are he already has tons of Hero Points stockpiled just from playing the way he wants ?

• shakes head *

in WvW

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

But its not unreasonable for the average veteran PVE player to be able to do instant unlocks because chances are he already has tons of Hero Points stockpiled just from playing the way he wants ?

Now I’m just speculating, but based on how they emphasized there being a difference between HoT HPs and standard HPs, its entirely possible anet is planning on making the existing HPs not work for the elite specs (though I think it’d unnecessarily complicate the issue). This would create the sort of level ground anet wishes for it appears with their not (or at least not appearing to) applying the HPs (or rank up rewards) retroactively to wvw players.

Then again its equally possible anet just doesn’t want wvw players to have nice things.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Now I’m just speculating, but based on how they emphasized there being a difference between HoT HPs and standard HPs, its entirely possible anet is planning on making the existing HPs not work for the elite specs (though I think it’d unnecessarily complicate the issue). This would create the sort of level ground anet wishes for it appears with their not (or at least not appearing to) applying the HPs (or rank up rewards) retroactively to wvw players.

Then again its equally possible anet just doesn’t want wvw players to have nice things.

If you read the blog again you’ll see that the new rank to HP conversion allows you to “buy” hero points from both the old maps (Tyria) and the new ones (Magumma). So stands to reason then that players pre-launch HPs will still count towards unlocking elite specs.

in WvW

Helly.2597

If you read the blog again you’ll see that the new rank to HP conversion allows you to “buy” hero points from both the old maps (Tyria) and the new ones (Magumma). So stands to reason then that players pre-launch HPs will still count towards unlocking elite specs.

With the new Maguuma points being more expensive. So either they want you to get the tyria ones first just cause they want HoT completion to take a little while or there is a difference in what you get.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in WvW

morrolan.9608

• shakes head *

Number of skill points needed greatly exceeds those available in regular Tyria, pvers need to do maguuma hero challenges to get the full elite spec. Given how many WvW ranks most WvW players would have stockpiled they would be able to unlock everything immediately. Its not perfect but its entirely understandable and its more than most would have expected.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Helly.2597

• shakes head *

Number of skill points needed greatly exceeds those available in regular Tyria, pvers need to do maguuma hero challenges to get the full elite spec. Given how many WvW ranks most WvW players would have stockpiled they would be able to unlock everything immediately. Its not perfect but its entirely understandable and its more than most would have expected.

I’m not sure what the exact numbers that the elite specs are going to need are, but it seems 210 is what people are saying is for everything. Now if I make a new ranger, tome it to 80, unlock only what I need to use the spec I am going to use in HoT minus the elite spec stuff, I have 270 skill points left over. I think most PvE players will have enough stocked up, and this gives WvW players a way to get them too. I like their solution, but I still think people are going to be able to instantly unlock stuff.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in WvW

morrolan.9608

• shakes head *

I’m not sure what the exact numbers that the elite specs are going to need are, but it seems 210 is what people are saying is for everything. Now if I make a new ranger, tome it to 80, unlock only what I need to use the spec I am going to use in HoT minus the elite spec stuff, I have 270 skill points left over. I think most PvE players will have enough stocked up, and this gives WvW players a way to get them too. I like their solution, but I still think people are going to be able to instantly unlock stuff.

If you pick and choose maybe but to unlock everything no. From the figures I’ve seen there are 210 hero challenges in tyria but 250 will be required to unlock everything.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Helly.2597

If you pick and choose maybe but to unlock everything no. From the figures I’ve seen there are 210 hero challenges in tyria but 250 will be required to unlock everything.

Yes you’re right the numbers were 250, I had my head turned around.

Its all useless though talking about it, we’ll all find out in 4 days time.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Well ANet wanted to help wvwers but they might end up doing wvwish content that doesn’t contribute to their server at all, and a wvwer in eotm is also not a wvwer in the new borderlands

This is extreme speculation. You’re thinking of this based on what current rewards in regular WvW is compared with EOTM. We don’t know how rewards are going to be with HoT and the new map.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast