Smack Talk on WvW

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I always enjoyed the fact that you can be mostly annonymous for your opponents on WvW, until last week.

I was running around with 2 other people, not grouped, when some enemy players appeared. We killed one of them while the others escaped to defend a keep nearby.
I got a group invitation and, thinking it was from the other 2 from my team that were next to me I accepted wihout looking to the name.

It was actually from the dead enemy player we just killed, and he started to smack talk in /p… I droped group after that just to recieve a lot of tells telling me to leave map and all the crap about hunting me down and so on…

And after that saw it happens with other people on the map also…

I hope something is done to avoid this kind of thing, so you cant send group invites to enemies on WvW…

The guy also seems to be on my “followers list” w/e that is…

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Someone who has multiple copies of the game so there is no way to stop them besides blocking them yourself.

The bigger matter is guilds that do this just to log in to a server they are playing against and sabotage them by wasting supplies.

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: crimsonbro.3126

crimsonbro.3126

“followers list” w/e that is…

That would be people that have you on their friend list, but you do not have them on yours. At least that is my understanding.

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Alternatively, temporarily joining a party with the enemy can be fun.

I sat at the top of JP with some Devona’s rest players and chilled in party chat with them.

It isn’t too hard to find out if they are friendly or enemy. The party system isn’t broken, you just have to check out who you are with if you don’t know them.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

Can’t believe people actually cry about this.

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Don’t accept random group invites if you’re the sensitive type?

Maybe revel in the idea people are upset enough to go to efforts to flame?

I personally prefer the latter.

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

Don’t accept random group invites if you’re the sensitive type?

I’ll fix that for you: “Don’t accept random group invites if you’re an adult that finds the sexually frustrated rage of teens and manboys tiresome”

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

^

Accept invites of people you know.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

I’ve had this happen more often in the match we are in currently (SoS,JQ,SOR), out of the 10 or so times this has happened, only once has it been for smack talk. The rest of the times its been friendly banter.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

I love messaging people on the other side sometimes. It’s fun once in a while to talk to THE ENEMY…you remember that for the most part they’re just people playing a game, too.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

This option still shouldn’t exist in my opinion on most WvW borderlands/EB. So many times I’ve been asked to stop killing “friends”, while servers transfers were still free… Please hop on the same server if you want to play together.

It’s also easy to play the spy game, of course you can do the same on any voice chat outside the game, but the game shouldn’t be promoting this kind of behavior.

I just hope they will include a Arena/BG style that will promote duelling from same/different servers, so that WvW stays a WvW place where peoples hop on to fight others servers.

I understand right now that this “option” or bug gives some peoples a way to chill out together in some nice duels between servers, and that there’s no other substitute right now for this kind of entertainment, but I hope it’s not gonna stay that way forever.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Wait, what? You can make a party with the enemy?

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sins Vorkag.5218

Sins Vorkag.5218

Dun take tha fun out o’ tha game.. they already took out says being seen by everyone.. if’n ye dun like it dun read yer chat.

Dread Pirate Sins
The Shadow Legion (TSL) for WvW and
The Shipwrecked Pirates (TSP) on Tarnished Coast

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Yams.6082

Yams.6082

Yeah I’m wondering about that too. Whenever I click on an enemy the only option I get is Report.

Yams One/Two/Three/Four/Five/Six
SBI

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

Yeah I’m wondering about that too. Whenever I click on an enemy the only option I get is Report.

Click them, hit p, click invite or join.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

I hope something is done to avoid this kind of thing, so you cant send group invites to enemies on WvW….

I hope it remains like this. Just because you can use a knife both to cook and to kill someone it doesn’t mean we should destroy all the knives in the world.

Actually I found a lots of friends this way and I managed to organize duels and small group fights. You can always reject a party invitation or, if he keeps whispering you, block him. I still chat frequently with a friend in deso, and I still organize duels against some of my friends from other servers

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Heru.5427

Heru.5427

./ignore
Problem solved.

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I personally don’t mind it. Grouping with the enemy can be fun sometimes, like setting up duels, congratulating others on a good fight or other friendly banter. But like others said, be cautious of random group invites if you’re the sensitive type.

That said, I think the common sense rule says that being able to form a party with the enemy is a coding oversight on Anet’s part and is probably something that will be fixed eventually.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Seriously partying with enemies can be fun. Especially if the WvW match is like STUPID lopsided and one server is just dominating….Then you can party with someone from another server and go around and cap camps together then just alternate… Being happy that you are really confusing the enemy… And if the person you are in party with gets attacked by someone in your server let them have it out… Usually the person you are in party with will win… You can also kindly tell them that you are working together… I never understand why people don’t do this more often! If one server is dominating then get the two lower servers to work together and just alternate who keeps what… It will be a really good way to shut out the one server….

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ravien.4823

Ravien.4823

So many times I wish I could have told a player “good fight” or otherwise compliment them.

I think it should be an option to allow enemies in WvW to /whisper you, with the default being off.

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fizzlepip.5218

Fizzlepip.5218

I’ve had some great conversations and met some cool people doing this. I’ve had great duels and grouped with people afterward to talk about it.

It’s not broken and shouldn’t be changed.

Ink The Stained, Fizzlepip, Playground Bullies [SNFU]
Darkhaven
…beware the unicorns.

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’m always curious as to how the player feels when he tries to group with me and learns he was just killed by Bamby.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

With random invites I usually ask in map chat what the person wishes to do.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

With random invites I usually ask in map chat what the person wishes to do.

If they’re the enemy, they can’t read your map chat.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Yep, map chat will only be seen by nearby friendlies. If someone answers, you know it’s a friendly. If silence … it’s the “dark side”.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Porky would probably say this, but I will just guess. Stealth teams probably should not party up with the “dark side” while on their covert missions; that blue dot just gives too many useful clues.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

I’ll fix that for you: “Don’t accept random group invites if you’re an adult that finds the sexually frustrated rage of teens and manboys tiresome”

Basically this.
Angry little PvPers will be angry.
Report for Verbal Abuse. Then block and continue on your way.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sanxxx.5126

Sanxxx.5126

It adds nothing and is almost certainly an oversight on Anet’s part, hopefully something they’ll fix at some point.

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

It adds the ability to set up duels with skilled enemies and is generally just a fun option to have in the game.

I always end up having some “arch-enemies” with each server I play against, people I focus in fighting and who focus on me, so being able to chat with them other than with directed taunts has been nice.

If you get flamed by some random guy then it means you are doing a pretty good job and should pat yourself on the back for that.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: snacktime.1082

snacktime.1082

Ya most of the time it’s quite useful. If someone you killed griefs you with it, probably just means that person really really can’t handle losing. Next time just tell them hey, who’s the one lying on their back dead? Then drop group.

Smack Talk on WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Wick.1280

Wick.1280

lLobo.7960
Who cares what you and your anon-do. You got one thing right, you and your weak friends killed him. Shut up and play.