Small QoL improvements

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anet isn’t going to give any real attention to WvW anytime soon (if ever).

The best we can hope for are very small QoL improvements that can be easily implemented. Let’s give some suggestions for these. Anet can implement them and then hype them as “major updates” as they are wont to do. Win win for everyone (kinda).

Proposed format: give your suggestion and the dev time required to implement it. Then give an extra lazy version of your suggestion (with dev time) that’s so easy even Anet might consider implementing.

So here’s one:

• Position NPCs that are near supply huts so that the chance of interacting with them by accident (when intending to pick up supply) is lessened.
  • Dev time required: 15 – 30 minutes.
  • Extra Lazy Version: Just do Red Keep in EB where the supply hut is in a corner and a couple NPCs are very close to it making accidental interaction almost guaranteed.
  • Dev time required: 2-3 minutes.

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Nah, you are supposed to wait 10 years for the massive perfect patch that will solve everything and make WvW the best game mode ever for the 0 people still around to play it by then.

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Craft Superior siege in bulks. Theres already a system live to do that through craft stations but not sure how long it would take but hell, would provide CONVENIENCE to this game and less FRUSTRATIONS – Poor mouse. Poor fingers.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Pull back the area around spawn that gives invulnerability. This is especially annoying with that little crevice on the bl sw camp.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

This is a great idea but if changing the color of commander tags takes a year, I can’t think of anything simpler they can do in less time.

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

This is a great idea but if changing the color of commander tags takes a year, I can’t think of anything simpler they can do in less time.

Heard the trained monkey just found his crayons and is working on it – done in 2051.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Add a filter for the type (light, medium or heavy) of armor on the TP.

[HUE]

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Not sure if this is the correct forum for suggestions, but here goes..

• Guards, archers and workers no longer interact with F-key.
    • These NPCs do not have anything interesting to say. When they stand on top of a supply depot or a siege weapon, and they often do, they prevent you using them.
    • Dev time required: 1 calendar year.
  • Remove camera spin when using siege.
    • The camera spin is not needed and rather annoying. Especially when you are refreshing dozens of sieges. Or when you leap to a ballista to get a shot off before zerg rushes over you. Or when siege is placed close to a wall and camera starts jittering in and out of the wall.
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Korgov.7645

• Display Righteous Indignation timer on supply camps on the map mini-map when the effect is active.
    • It is a bummer to lead your team into supply camp only to realize the camp cannot be captured for another 3 minutes. Most players do not have second monitor or window to display the timers with an external application.
    • Dev time required: 2 calendar years.
  • Redesign the Bloodlust icon to convey the number of stacks and sources of the effect.
    • As it stands there is no way of telling which borderlands are providing the Bloodlust effect. The current icon is easily mistaken for a boon. The only way to tell how many stacks you have is to open the tooptip.
    • Similar to the triforge amulet icon maybe?
    • Dev time required: 9 calendar months. Artist time required: 1 day.
  • Display the Bloodlust event text only when player is in the ruins area or when enemy has the timer ticking for Bloodlust.
    • The event hits you like a wall of text. The event fills valuable screen estate even when the event is not active. I can minimize the event, but every now and then the event pops open again. The text could be more compact.
    • Dev time required: 1 calendar year. Designer and translators time required: 5 calendar days.
    • Bonus goal: display dynamic icon on the event showing which ruins are taken by which faction.
    • Dev time required: 5 calendar months. Artist time required: 1 day.
  • Automatically increase luck when essence of luck is looted.
    • These items cannot be used for anything else anyway. Double-clicking the items away in masses is not fun.
    • PvE dev time required: 2 calendar weeks.
  • Option to automatically vendor gray items when picked up.
    • These items cannot be used for anything else anyway.
    • Bonus goal: extend the option to auto-vendor armor/weapons below user selected treshold.
    • Bonus goal: extend the option to auto-sell armor/weapons on TP when more profitable.
    • PvE dev time required: 2 calendar weeks (can be completed within same sprint as the essence of luck automation).
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Korgov.7645

• Rework the build siege/repair progress bar behaviour.
    • It consumes even number of supplies only. For example if you carry 15 supplies and have full Build Mastery, building consumes 10, then 4 then 1 supplies.
    • If siege gets built before you have exhausted your supplies you get stuck; unable to use skills or move (you can /dance your way out of that condition).
    • Supply Mastery 4 (chance to recover supplies) only kicks in after the progress bar finishes instead of granting extra supplies into your current channel.
    • Dev time required: 2 calendar years.
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

The best we can hope for are very small QoL improvements that can be easily implemented.

I think the best I can really hope for at this point is for them to arbitrarily rename things and shuffle merchants around, as that seems to be all the attention WvW is getting lately…

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

The best we can hope for are very small QoL improvements that can be easily implemented.

I think the best I can really hope for at this point is for them to arbitrarily rename things and shuffle merchants around, as that seems to be all the attention WvW is getting lately…

Shuffling merchants around is pretty much all my suggestion is about, so maybe we can actually get that in an update? Anet can advertise it as a “Major WvW update” as they are wont to do.

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Hey I actually thought of one.

• Let me move the UI around. I’ve hated since launch how the target is right in the middle of the top of the screen blocking my view. And I really don’t want to see all that crap in the upper right corner either.
  • Dev Time: Probably infinity since they made it this stupid way in the first place and probably can’t change it.
  • Extra Lazy Version. Just move the thing somewhere outta the middle of the screen. And allow me to turn off the junk in the upper right.
  • Dev Time: A couple of days I would think.

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Hey I actually thought of one.

• Let me move the UI around. I’ve hated since launch how the target is right in the middle of the top of the screen blocking my view. And I really don’t want to see all that crap in the upper right corner either.
  • Dev Time: Probably infinity since they made it this stupid way in the first place and probably can’t change it.
  • Extra Lazy Version. Just move the thing somewhere outta the middle of the screen. And allow me to turn off the junk in the upper right.
  • Dev Time: A couple of days I would think.

Was just about to post this myself. The same goes for when people in your party have stacks running into the middle of your screen because they are running xp boosters, guild flag bonuses, etc. It kills me that you could adjust the ui in GW1 but you still can’t in GW2.

LGN

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Korgov.7645

• Extend the keep/castle waypoint contested period by 5 seconds.
    • Currently there is a small delay after a waypoint has been contested and before it becomes contested again. Defenders attempt to enter the waypoint during that few second delay.
    • The map chat is filled “timer?” questions followed by frantic click spam on the waypoint when timer is near 0.
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Korgov.7645

• Fix loot tables in WvW to have more relevant items and less PvE related items.
    • Currently there is so many crap items, you need to have breaks for sorting backpack, salvaging, selling in Trading Post (with the annoying Error attemping to sell bug) or vendor.
    • As level 80 character having exotic quality armor and weapons I have no interest in anything lesser.
    • I do not care for any gray items either. Nor seasonal PvE items: like tokens for some living story episode.
    • I would be interested in:
      • Siege blueprints; especially the superior ones
      • Gold
      • Armor, weapons of appropriate level
      • Badges
      • Sigils and runes of appropriate level
      • Consumables
    • PvE dev time required: 2 calendar weeks (can fit in the same sprint with all other content)

PS. Do not touch EotM loot tables. The loot tables are spot on for the types of players there are.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Korgov.7645

• Display server points breakdown in the WvW window.
    • Currently one needs a calculator to tell tally points from other points in WvW. In typical matchup the other sources account for 40% of total points.
    • Roaming would be more appreciated if the results were more easily visible to everyone.
    • Display a breakdown as the points and the percentage from all points:
      • Tally points
      • Capturing sentries (+1 each)
      • Dolyaks reaching destination safely (+3 each)
      • Dolyaks killed (+3 each)
      • Stomping downed enemies (+0 .. +3 each)
    • Dev time required: 6 calendar months.
  • Display gained server points as floating combat text.
    • Having the points visible throughout a gaming session would turn players focus more on winning.
    • For example when player stomps an enemy a white bold +1 text floats from character towards WvW button at top of the screen. The button flashed once then text hits it.
    • Consider carefully who to credit the points text. For stomped enemies all friendly players that took part in the kill should see the text. For sentries, all players standing in the circle at time of capture shall see the text. And so forth.
    • Bonus goal: Display a line in log. “You earned +3 points for your server by killing a dolyak.”

PS. Solve the issue when downed enemy player disconnects, uses Vapor Form or Vengeance to prevent a stomp points. And underwater combat!

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Make ballista shots lead their target.
Reasoning: Ballistas are nigh useless for this one problem. The shot does not lead a moving target. This means you can miss an entire 40 man blob with a shot even if you target the commander in that blob.
Dev time: 8 working hours: breaks down to: 30 minutes to copy the [module] definition from player attacks to the ballista’s attacks, 4 hours to test it, and 3.5 hours to surf the internet with.

No lazy mode version of this as it is already simple enough and pretty much already implemented.

Little red Lioka

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Korgov.7645

• Make commander tags visible across all 4 maps.
    • The mini-map should still only show the current map’s commanders.
    • As a small server we often have just 1 commander for all maps. When commander needs to switch maps, some followers get lost. One commander has even adopted a way of walking the team through an Asura gate instead of waypointing order to keep the group together.
    • Entering WvW one wants to see where the commanders are. Currently you need to visit 4 maps to get a full view.
    • Seeing who are commanding and on which maps can help coordinate the effort when server has multiple commanders online.
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Let us save build templates. Now that you can retrait on the fly there is no reason this can’t be implemented.

-Dev time required: Since this would be a big QoL improvement for PvE as well, they would probably crank this out in a month.

LGN

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Korgov.7645

• Display guild name of claimed nodes.
    • Today the banners of claimed camp/tower/keep/castle only show the guild embled. The guild name should be available somehow, too.
    • For example tooltip when hovering mouse over the banner. Or some dialog when talking with the lord.
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

lioka qiao.8734

I had another really simple one this weekend.

• When upgrades are finished move the worker NPC’s resting spot so that it’s not right on top of the supply depot.

Have no idea how many times I had to re-position myself so I don’t “talk” but “take supply”.

Little red Lioka

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Korgov.7645

• Display time remaining in the World vs. World window.
    • For example
      • 1 day 22 hours remaining in current match; 182/672 point tallys.
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Was just about to post this myself. The same goes for when people in your party have stacks running into the middle of your screen because they are running xp boosters, guild flag bonuses, etc. It kills me that you could adjust the ui in GW1 but you still can’t in GW2.

Use simple Party UI.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Thats QoL changes are TOO hard, Ain’t Nobody Got Time for That. Instead Arenanet is working in the next EotM map, Frontiers of the Mist, takes Karma train at a whole new level.

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They don’t even have time to open photoshop and change the hue of the commander tag icon so that we can have a choice and coordinate groups. Even after acknowledging that it was a good idea…

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

They don’t even have time to open photoshop and change the hue of the commander tag icon so that we can have a choice and coordinate groups. Even after acknowledging that it was a good idea…

The funny thing is, by the time they do it, there won’t be enough people playing WvW anymore to make it worth having two tags. That time is fast approaching.

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

lioka qiao.8734

They likely don’t have the budget to change the color of the commander tag icon. They have to assign probably 8 man hours to changing it:

• find a spot in the UI to put this feature
  • code that UI change
  • code the flag into the player data (in a way that doesn’t consume bandwidth too much)
  • test it to make sure queensdale doesn’t disappear when someone changes their cmdr tag color.

Considering the lack of attention WvW gets outside of bug fixes I would assume they don’t budget many hours toward it. Probably no more than 40 hours total to divide across a team of 1-3 people.

If you want them to put more attention to WvW: buy more gems from the gemstore. Don’t just use gold for gem purchases, but actually buy them. Put a budget in their hands so that they can actually make fixes to WvW that we want.

Little red Lioka

Small QoL improvements

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

If you want them to put more attention to WvW: buy more gems from the gemstore. Don’t just use gold for gem purchases, but actually buy them. Put a budget in their hands so that they can actually make fixes to WvW that we want.

If you are planing to invest in wvw devs or improvements you are wasting your money. Nobody trust on them anymore, and that is arenanet fault with all those useless GDI or whatever.