Smallman's/setupfight's change the meta

in WvW

Posted by: Lazz.2081

Lazz.2081

Hello, my name is Copyycat from Fort Aspenwood. I would like to take this time to really encourage people in the gw2 community to get into serious pvp the way it should be. Enough of the zergs, the keep humping, the whining. Does this game have flaws? sure. I’m not here to argue that fact but I would like to get peoples inputs on all getting together and putting a stop to all this trash pvp that is going on in Wvw. We need to get a few servers or one tier where people are willing to just smallman roam, I.E 2-6 man groups looking for other smallman fights where skill really comes into play and people can feel rewarded for a good fight. Myself and the people I play with would also like to set up some type of IRC where we could have setup fights of different sizes to really challenge and grow as players. I think this type of gameplay would really improve the WvW scene despite of the lack of changes that may come to improve these types of things in the future. Please respond to this post and let me know if anybody is willing and please talk to your community on the other servers to try and encourage something like this happening. I know alot of people would prefer that type of game play over the current meta.

Thanks-
Copycatt

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

Support this 100%… yes zerging is fun, but I’m sure lots of people would like to see a roaming/small-man scene that can set up fights through IRC as well! Or just pitch each other in the same borderland…

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Please don’t take this as a troll post because its not, I’m just curious why you think this is needed. A little back story, since the patch I have been running my new Nerco to get in on the WXP train. As of the last few days I have been back to playing my thief full time and back to solo to small group roaming. Long story short, there has been no shortage of small fights. Doing the normal supply camp circuit I’v found endless amounts of duels and small fights.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Convenant.7092

Please don’t take this as a troll post because its not, I’m just curious why you think this is needed. A little back story, since the patch I have been running my new Nerco to get in on the WXP train. As of the last few days I have been back to playing my thief full time and back to solo to small group roaming. Long story short, there has been no shortage of small fights. Doing the normal supply camp circuit I’v found endless amounts of duels and small fights.

You were running solo, right? In the event of running a 5 man of good players, no groups of equal number can defeat your 5 man . That is the issue I think needs to be addressed.

in WvW

Zikory.6871

I’m not sure I understand, are you saying there is a issue with 5 mans that are more dominant then other 5 mans? I think its going to be more common for some one to run across a strong 5 man group as its easier to “train” as a group. But same with zergs a guild group with normally win over a “pug” group because they practice or work better together.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Convenant.7092

I’m not sure I understand, are you saying there is a issue with 5 mans that are more dominant then other 5 mans? I think its going to be more common for some one to run across a strong 5 man group as its easier to “train” as a group. But same with zergs a guild group with normally win over a “pug” group because they practice or work better together.

There are no 5 man groups around except for us when we play. It’s the current reality in T2.

in WvW

Zikory.6871

My post wasn’t to debate his request, rather I support it but I was only interested in why he thought this was needed. Being on Blackgate in T1 all 3 of our servers zerg but I have had no issues finding the small fights I have been looking for. Yes it has been less often then pre WXP and I do run into zergs but see it being a huge issue. From my perspective NA T1 WvW is a great mix of everything right now. I can be a zergling and follow the commander or I can roam in a group or solo and still be effective and/or have fun.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Zikory.6871

There are no 5 man groups around except for us when we play. It’s the current reality in T2.

Sorry I must have misunderstood. As Its from my perspective in T1 as I don’t know whats going on in your tier.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Convenant.7092

Sorry I must have misunderstood. As Its from my perspective in T1 as I don’t know whats going on in your tier.

No problem, sir. That’s very understandable I’m glad you find such fights in T1. All three servers look like respectable opponents; I hope the T2 community shifts itself in such a way also.

in WvW

Posted by: Chasan.3521

Chasan.3521

Serious question, why not just do tpvp?

Texas – warrior SoR
Kalima – ranger
resident rally bait

in WvW

Zikory.6871

To be honest, I’m quite surprised TC and Kain (I don’t know much about FA) don’t have havoc squads running about. I remember quite a bit of fun with their small groups when we faced them. Then again it was pre WXP.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Chasan, you’ll get a lot of different answers for this question but for me its just a different beast. I find WvW to have more freedom to go about and do what I want and I’m not limited to 15 minute organized fights. I tend to find more people across the skill spectrum from “newb” to “pro” and I have Incinerator so I like looking at my footsteps lol

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Genocidal.8615

Genocidal.8615

To be honest, I’m quite surprised TC and Kain (I don’t know much about FA) don’t have havoc squads running about. I remember quite a bit of fun with their small groups when we faced them. Then again it was pre WXP.

We do. One whining post doesn’t make his perception reality.

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Tis true, I know JQ and SoR have known havoc squad group/guilds and I rarely run into them (probably better for my repair bill >.<) but there are still quite a few others out there.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Doing the normal supply camp circuit I’v found endless amounts of duels and small fights.

This 1000x over.
I roam all the time in T2, when i’m not in the mood for zergy, or my guild isn’t having an event. I’ve met all kinds of roamers from FA and KN, solo, or in small groups. I’ve even made it a point to join/invite them into a party after an say gf^^. Its a really great way to scout for your main force, flip camps/sentry/yaks earning points, and have fun. I run solo sometimes, in pairs, or even in a 5 person group, usually depending on who I run into on my side and what they’re in the mood for. My server, most servers, even have dedicated roaming/havok team guilds.

I don’t understand what all the Q _ Q is about, about not having small group fights, when they’re everywhere. (I’ve been in T4, T3, and T2, and have never had a problem finding a fight roaming on my necro)

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

That’s odd, I’ve encountered a fair share of 4-5 man squads in T2 other than AoN, from FA, TC, and Kain.

It is harder to find them with seas of zergs everywhere after the wxp patch, but in that respect, I like the OP’s idea in organizing small-man fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Kain do have havoks still, just less from our organized guilds (at least less than we used to do, although I can’t speak for the 4pm crew of my guild, they likely have a group alongside a zerg)

I think OP is more referencing the multiple 5-10 mans versus the one 40 mans and a havok play style.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Convenant.7092

What is your definition of Havoc Squad? I think the OP is talking more about 2, 3, 4, 5 man groups rather than 20 man squads. And even if they did exist, the OP simply stated they he wants to get them on IRC so they can set up fights. What’s wrong with that?

in WvW

Zikory.6871

I would think a havoc squad would be more defined by the duty’s then its size. Though size would matter. Personally I wouldn’t consider 5 people running around looking for fights a Havoc squad rather 5 to 15 people running camp to camp, harassing the enemy zerg, killing yaks, and other wise doing the dirty work that needs to be done.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Laii.2780

What is your definition of Havoc Squad? I think the OP is talking more about 2, 3, 4, 5 man groups rather than 20 man squads. And even if they did exist, the OP simply stated they he wants to get them on IRC so they can set up fights. What’s wrong with that?

I completely missed that one constructive point of the post T.T all I read was

Enough of the zergs, the keep humping, the whining. Does this game have flaws? sure. I’m not here to argue that fact but I would like to get peoples inputs on all getting together and putting a stop to all this trash pvp that is going on in Wvw

i.e. Q _ Q zergs

Prearranging fights in WvW seems silly thos, that’s what >>fight club<<(fuunn!) is for, or tPvP~

in WvW

Convenant.7092

I completely missed that one constructive point of the post T.T all I read was

Enough of the zergs, the keep humping, the whining. Does this game have flaws? sure. I’m not here to argue that fact but I would like to get peoples inputs on all getting together and putting a stop to all this trash pvp that is going on in Wvw

i.e. Q _ Q zergs

Prearranging fights in WvW seems silly thos, that’s what >>fight club<<(fuunn!) is for, or tPvP~

It’s good to get away from the zerg once in a while, no? :P

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Tpvp is more about avoiding fights than wvw is. You stand in circles all day hoping no one comes by. If a fight with even sides breaks out someone kittened up and shouldent have engaged. All we want to do is kill each other, and as zergy as it is wvw supports that over tpvp.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Laii.2780

It’s good to get away from the zerg once in a while, no? :P

Yush, it is^ ^.

tPvP has only one game mode, and if you don’t enjoy it you’re out of luck. Plus, tPvP has terrible gear choices, and ontop of that, unless you’ve played 1,000+ games you’re gear looks turrubul too, lol~

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

erm depends on what time u normally play, but during oceanics FA has a lot of small groups running around.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood