Snuffles Thief OP build

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: THIHUYNH.7182

THIHUYNH.7182

i am really confused
this thief i fought in WvW has over 2000 toughness and seems to be condition proof and still does A LOT of dmg, backstabs were 6k-8k
then he says he only has 20% precision yet hes critting me all over

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

hahahahahahahahahaha. Nice troll thread.

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

I’ve been using this build since forever:

0/30/30/10/0

Berserker gear+weapons, Cavalier accessories

(Edit: To reach 2k+ toughness you have to use a few pieces of Soldier instead of Berserker, but there isn’t really a need to stack it thathigh)

(edited by Sunflowers.1729)

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Lanceor.2763

Lanceor.2763

A thief can 100% crit chance you by going stealth and hitting you with the first strike, I remember they have a trait for it.

Jade Quarry

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

He can be near full PVT and/or PVC. Grandmaster trait in his Crit line gives him 100% critchance attacking from stealth.

[DONE]

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Thief is op and can’t die in www.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Keiel.7489

[DONE]

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

this is probably the build I was talking about earlier that the t1’rs had no idea what I was about lol

So much to be done with variety in wvw – I have a few ideas I wanted to try myself – but not mentioning them on the board because I’d like to see my server do it first.

The trinity is not dead – it actually evolved if you look carefully! ( even that might be saying too much to those who get it )

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

THIHUYNH.7182

Most broken build ive ever seen
it was a tanky zerk 3v1ing us
nerf please

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

I find it pathetic you have to BUY a vendor item to deal with thieves. They need like 2 classes with stealth detection skills.

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

As a thief, I say bring on more stealth detection, please! I hate that we have so many scrubs relying on perma stealth. It’s ruined this class.

OP’d thief, lol

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Keiel.7489

I find it pathetic you have to BUY a vendor item to deal with thieves. They need like 2 classes with stealth detection skills.

If you are talking about the stealth trap, then I think that is the most ignorant thing I have ever seen. Stealth trap is intended more for large fights, where mesmer viel and Mass invis can change the tide of the battle. Using a stealth trap to fight a thief is nothing more than selfish and a waste, but if that is what you think is -required- to beat them, then go ahead.

[DONE]

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Meriem.3504

If you are talking about the stealth trap, then I think that is the most ignorant thing I have ever seen. Stealth trap is intended more for large fights, where mesmer viel and Mass invis can change the tide of the battle. Using a stealth trap to fight a thief is nothing more than selfish and a waste, but if that is what you think is -required- to beat them, then go ahead.

No the issues is with thieves and how easy the move through WvW. And calling people ignorant is an easy way to start a fight. I would suggest you tone down you hostility.

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Keiel.7489

No the issues is with thieves and how easy the move through WvW. And calling people ignorant is an easy way to start a fight. I would suggest you tone down you hostility.

What vendor item stops them or anyone from moving through WvW? your post makes no sense at all.

[DONE]

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Meriem.3504

What vendor item stops them or anyone from moving through WvW? your post makes no sense at all.

I am not going to elaborate since you really don’t want to have a civil discussion.

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

THIHUYNH.7182

no he wasnt a D/D thief
he was D/P
here are his stats:

20k hp
100% crit dmg
20% precision
3000 power(but can easily get 3400 with might stacking)
over 2000 toughness

ive killed all kinds of thieves fine but this one was just ridiculous

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

3/10, fail troll.

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

no he wasnt a D/D thief
he was D/P
here are his stats:

20k hp
100% crit dmg
20% precision
over 2000 toughness

I can theory craft a thief with similar stats, just not the 20k HP. 17.5k is the highest I can get it while keeping power (not attack) at 2991 with a crit chance around 20% and 102% crit dmg. with around 1996 toughness ( a bit over 3k armor)

he will need 25 stacks of Bloodlust
full stacks of guard leech and applied fortitude and hold the 3 bloodlust map buffs in order to have those #’s though.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/thief/?7.0|8.5c.h2.a.5c.h14.d13.0.d13|5.5c.h4.d13.0.0|1p.7e.1c.7e.1p.7e.1c.7e.1p.7e.1c.7e|2v.d13.2v.d13.3v.d19.2v.d13.3v.d19.2s.d13|a3.u13c.u45b.0.0|6f.1|57.5e.5c.5b.0|e

Go to manual to add the power/vit/toughness he should have with the buffs I mentioned above.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

D/P thieves do not handle control well. Use a stun or immobilize to deal with them. They will probably SS away but it takes pressure off, burns some of their initiative and makes them consume their condi removal/last ditch escape mechanism. Half the time they freak out because their chain is broken and it makes them easy prey.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

the problem with that toughness though is that thief scaling is horible; if you give same toughness to warrior for example they get way more out of each point

i ran full toughness/condi build on my thief before; it is pathetic how survivability is just slightly (something like 6% dmg redux) better than zerker

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

no he wasnt a D/D thief
he was D/P
here are his stats:

20k hp
100% crit dmg
20% precision
over 2000 toughness

You say you kill lots of different kinds of thiefs just fine but on this one occasion you happen to meet a good thief and now you feel the need to make a thread to nerf an entire profession. People like you are what ruins games and should not be aloud to post your ridiculous thoughts on public forums.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

-Hidden killer = 100% crit chance from stealth
-Shadow’s Embrace = 1 condition removed when going into stealth + 1 every three seconds while in stealth
-Hidden Assassin = 2 stacks might when going into stealth + 2 stacks every 3 seconds while in stealth (20 second stacks)
-Exotic armor + 300 toughness from Shadow Arts = 2,300 toughness

I think D/P is a tad ridiculous, but you know what? The only class that 100% should die to it is a worse thief. Every class has the ability to deal with thieves…the only class that usually a free kill is rangers because most of them are zerker plinky dinkers, not a bunker that can easily outlast and pressure out a D/P thief. Warriors, guardians, necros, and mesmers that die to theives are just doing it completely wrong. Eles and engis are hard to play, but the good ones deal with theives no problem too.

BTW though, 2,300 toughness is crap in WvW if you’re thinking that somehow a lot. Heavies can easily be over 3,000, if not 3,200 and still do good DPS while laughing at a GC thief trying to win with backstab.

Assuming OP is not trolling anyway.

(edited by zen.6091)

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

From my experience, Eles have 2 reliable builds for dealing with thief. They can run the full burst S/D build and pray they down the thief before they get downed. They can also run a bunker focus build and win through control.

Unfortunately both of these builds aren’t very good outside of 1v1 situations so the odds of you finding an ele that actually runs one is low.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

From my experience, Eles have 2 reliable builds for dealing with thief. They can run the full burst S/D build and pray they down the thief before they get downed. They can also run a bunker focus build and win through control.

Unfortunately both of these builds aren’t very good outside of 1v1 situations so the odds of you finding an ele that actually runs one is low.

can said ele kill the thief?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

It is not the thief problem in my opinion, but a way how the game works, this game since its DPS based, full DPS classes (or classes designed to be the main DPS’s) will always be stronger than others that have more support skills no matter how many nerfs possible, all classes need a serious workout wich is a problem that is being hided becouse most only blob and spam 1 key.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

Oh, look, it’s another thread for people whining about thieves.

The only silly thing about thieves is perma stealth really. Everything else is perfectly manageable and anyone who is atleast decent at his class has a good chance of beating a thief of equal skill. The only thing thieves are good at is roaming and escaping anyway, and how much of an impact has that on WvW exactly? Yes, very little. Thieves are very lackluster when it comes to zerg warfare, as are the other medium armor classes. They are good at catching some baddies off guard on their way to their blob who can’t bother to improve themselves and come to the forum first to whine about how they can’t deal with something.

Rather than coming up with more stupid stealth counters they could just fix how stacking stealth works. On the subject of eles, I thought handling thieves with a D/D elementalist was pretty easy with the plenty of interrupts and control you have.

I would be more worried about the condition meta getting out of hand. Perplexity still remains untouched, and now you have condition damage oils because apparently those conditions weren’t doing enough damage yet.

Member of TUP on Gandara

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The only silly thing about thieves is perma stealth really. Everything else is perfectly manageable and anyone who is atleast decent at his class has a good chance of beating a thief of equal skill. (…)

Actually that is not entirely true, no matter how many rolls or armor u have there are some builds in 3 classes that can instadown any player in 2 seconds.
The game is not that balanced how many players think it is.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It is not the thief problem in my opinion, but a way how the game works, this game since its DPS based, full DPS classes (or classes designed to be the main DPS’s) will always be stronger than others that have more support skills no matter how many nerfs possible, all classes need a serious workout wich is a problem that is being hided becouse most only blob and spam 1 key.

Tell that to a regen warrior. They are stronger than any DPS class.

As for the OP: I like the thread. I miss all the thief QQ threads. Unfortunately, most good players can easily beat a thief these days so it is nice to know there are still some people that thieves can beat.

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I am ashamed to be associated with some of the arrogant and mean spirited thieves in this thread. oP makes some good points, but the thief posse jumps into defend a few broken mechanics.

OP’d thief, lol

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

The only silly thing about thieves is perma stealth really. Everything else is perfectly manageable and anyone who is atleast decent at his class has a good chance of beating a thief of equal skill. (…)

Actually that is not entirely true, no matter how many rolls or armor u have there are some builds in 3 classes that can instadown any player in 2 seconds.

If you are referring to the 4 signet thief build then i agree nothing will survive the burst. The build requires you to take 4 signets and basilisks venom as your slots skills and you pretty much have to use d/d. You trait 30/30/0/0/10 and you become a 1 trick pony with base vitality and toughness. You have to pop your heal, 3 utility signets, basi venom and then do the burst combo. You will have 22 stacks of might when you do the cloak and dagger precasted into steal and you can hit for INCREDIBLE damage. I once hit a mesmer for 17k or 19k on the mug, C&D, and air sigil proc. The mesmer downed before i even got to use my backstab.

If you want to beat this build you just dodge 1 time. The thief will be 900 range when (s)he does the steal, alternatively you can just watch for the c&d animation, and then you just dodge role 1 time. The thief will be left with only 9 of his/her initiative left and will have no heals, utils, or an elite. You can then auto attack the thief down for ridiculous amounts of damage. Last time i did this build i missed my cheese on a warrior (wearing knights armor) and the warrior was able to hit me for 16k with a single whirling axe (i think only 2 or 3 hits proc’ed on me).

Literally every class in the game can make an incredible burst combo (although i think necro might be the hardest to burst with). The counter play is extremely easy on most of these cases though.

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

the problem with that toughness though is that thief scaling is horible; if you give same toughness to warrior for example they get way more out of each point

i ran full toughness/condi build on my thief before; it is pathetic how survivability is just slightly (something like 6% dmg redux) better than zerker

6% damage reduction would be like adding around 150 toughness…

Toughness ‘scales’ better at lower numbers (except that light armor/ranged classes don’t tend to get hit as much anyway). And of course ‘effective HP’ from toughness scales with max HP.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

If i’m awake the only class i struggle against a solo thief on is my zerk built ranger- but that is built for a specific purpose and I don’t expect to be able to beat most soloists on it anyway.

Usually I see 2 or 3 thiefs together these days which causes problems and can be a bit annoying as it’s basically exploiting a broken mechanic to win – but at the end of the day the chances of Anet bringing in a real counter to stealth is about the same as me winning the lottery, so learn to live with the fact that sometimes something will pop out of stealth and wipe you before you can move.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

Like pantsforbirds said, signet thief is one build that can achieve that. You can get some insane damage numbers, but one well-timed dodge or a decent enough reaction time (stun break the venom and dodge out), and you’ve basically won the fight. As the thief has little iniative and no utilities left you should be easily able to down him, as he’ll be incredibly squishy.

The signet thief is a one trick pony that is basically useless after the first kill, if he pulls it off. I don’t see any imbalance there, and the build has no appeal to me at all, as there’s no diversity in it whatsoever, and it seems incredibly boring.

Member of TUP on Gandara

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

If i’m awake the only class i struggle against a solo thief on is my zerk built ranger[…]

The reason is because zerk and ranger. This is the main target GC thieves are strong vs.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

(edited by Zephyrus.9680)

Snuffles Thief OP build

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

As a thief, I say bring on more stealth detection, please! I hate that we have so many scrubs relying on perma stealth. It’s ruined this class.

Yeah, the problem here is really that Dagger/Pistol Thieves have become sort of an “Easy-Button” build for PvE players looking to dabble in WvW, but who aren’t in a decent WvW guild and absolutely do not want to die under any circumstances (this describes more people than you probably think it does). Dagger/Pistol builds have kind of broken stealth in WvW because of their ability to easily stack 7 seconds or so of stealth and run away from any fight that goes south, without really needing more than a below-average skill level.

I’ve tried probably 12 different Thief builds since release, and most of them are reasonably balanced, imo. The Dagger/Pistol build has always been slightly overpowered, however, and as such it remains popular for people who are just getting into WvW roaming and people who just love to troll, etc.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]