So Anet are you...

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Going to do anything anytime soon?

Nobody is happy right now, the attrition rate of players is staggering and the feedback from you is next to nothing.

We (the people who play your game and keep it rolling despite the silence) are dwindling daily.

We just want feedback, tangible feedback, not innocuous polls.

I love this game and I love WvW but every single day my friends list is diminished.

Please help.

(edit) Apparently people were fixating on one sentence. Have some clarity. God bless.

CCCP….

(edited by Trajan.4953)

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

People who publically command and then don’t do so usually because of the playerbase, not because of Anet. Average players don’t get on any VOIP system, they don’t run builds that are beneficial to an organized WvW group, they don’t coordinate with their squad. You can’t really blame Anet for that. EU tends to be different from NA in this regard because the average EU player is far more interested in contributing to team/group play than the average NA player. NA players will do “group play” via solo style like scouting rather than true team play via skill combos and party boons/comp. The only thing you can blame Anet for is the class balance/combat experience.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Chaba, I just don’t… I can’t, just wait…

Ok, you seemed to have missed the whole point of this post but I know you have a bunch of forums on rotation.

Please reread. <3

CCCP….

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Whats Anet gonna do to create more commanders? Summer camp? Slavery?

Commanders loosing interest is natural. You cant force them to play any more than you can force sPvP players to become ESL quality. Changes in WvW will do very little to affect that.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Wonder what makes you guys think OP is talking about commanders….

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Wonder what makes you guys think OP is talking about commanders….

At a guess, it looks like OP deleted a sentence from the original post that was causing that particular contention, and none of the previous jokers thought to quote it.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Iriadne.7098

Iriadne.7098

Or when anet match up are betweeen servers with triple population than the other, the competitive game is gone and the abusive play game of bullies and vicious players have become.
I have been one year playing, of which 3 months of wvw and we have been already matched up with servers 5 tiers higher than us.
people leave because of the frustration because they dont have fun anymore.
Something needs to be done right now. check other posts and ideas because from week to week people is disappearing and you maybe think that would make them change server and earn yo a few more dollars,no no, I would find another game.
thanks for reading.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Well a lot of my friends, including myself, are busy with college as it has just started back up recently. So don’t conflate real life events with disappointment of the game.

I am a teef
:)

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

So Anet are you… Going to do anything anytime soon?

We’ve been asking that question for the last 2 years as if eventually they’ll say something else than “no, want more deployable kitten?”. Just let it be, they don’t care or don’t have the competences required to fix things.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Chaba.5410

He mentioned about commanders leaving the game. The point still stands that Anet has nothing really to do with that. Commanders burn out or as another poster above mentioned, real life changes happen.

Addressing your edited post about people leaving and friends list getting smaller, I’m not exactly sure what you expect to happen after four years. In the first year of this game my WvW guild died when the GL quit. Half of them never logged on ever again. The other half went their own ways. Today there’s maybe three people of that guild left still playing this game, myself included. We’ve all moved on to other social circles, made new friends, etc. The GL quit back then for many of the same reasons people quit right now: dead game, “all the good players have already left”, burn-out, numbers imbalance, real life.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: TasosEG.1976

TasosEG.1976

People who publically command and then don’t do so usually because of the playerbase, not because of Anet. Average players don’t get on any VOIP system, they don’t run builds that are beneficial to an organized WvW group, they don’t coordinate with their squad. You can’t really blame Anet for that. EU tends to be different from NA in this regard because the average EU player is far more interested in contributing to team/group play than the average NA player. NA players will do “group play” via solo style like scouting rather than true team play via skill combos and party boons/comp. The only thing you can blame Anet for is the class balance/combat experience.

In Fort Aspenwood, people have completely dropped WvW. We had 2-3 good Guilds who could completely destroy BG (top NA server) in fights and was always ready for fair fights. But Siege Wars became a thing, and people got really bored of WvW. We couldnt get any decent face-to-face fight at all. Plus, since WvW is the least rewarding game mode(?) nobody wants to play. We all had the fun of playing with lots of people and organized groups before, but it’s not worth it anymore. WvW is just a place to truly test your gear with your skill. Or if you like Siege Wars then that’s the place for you. If you want gold and good gear it’s by far the least rewarding place to go. Plus, not many good players are roaming. Everyone just goes with zergs, so there’s not much you can do with a 3-4 man group. The fun in WvW is occasional. PvP is a lot more fast and has a lot more experienced players.

(edited by TasosEG.1976)

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

i’d command if they didn’t ask for 300g for a tag. Already have enough trouble getting gold to dump into WvW.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

WvWers have proven time and time again to be ingrates when it comes to anything new while PvErs can never get enough.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Chaba.5410

In Fort Aspenwood, people have completely dropped WvW. We had 2-3 good Guilds who could completely destroy BG (top NA server) in fights and was always ready for fair fights. But Siege Wars became a thing, and people got really bored of WvW. We couldnt get any decent face-to-face fight at all. Plus, since WvW is the least rewarding game mode(?) nobody wants to play. We all had the fun of playing with lots of people and organized groups before, but it’s not worth it anymore. WvW is just a place to truly test your gear with your skill. Or if you like Siege Wars then that’s the place for you. If you want gold and good gear it’s by far the least rewarding place to go. Plus, not many good players are roaming. Everyone just goes with zergs, so there’s not much you can do with a 3-4 man group. The fun in WvW is occasional. PvP is a lot more fast and has a lot more experienced players.

In Fort Aspenwood we had an experienced fights commander who would tag up in EBG every Wednesday during NA EST Prime. He didn’t quit because of Siege Wars. He got burned out really quickly on the difference between leading a guild full of people who are devoted to improving their gameplay and leading random militia players.

Militia want to also win, but for various reasons tend to not adopt the best practices guilds use for success. This isn’t simply a Fort Aspenwood problem. Public commanders struggle with this in any server. The number of commanders who are willing to deal with public commanding is dwindling.

As for roaming, I hear differently from friends who roam since FA finally stopped facing T1 servers. T3-T4 has been way more active for roamers than kitten.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

You bunch of ingrates.
They wanted to give you mobile cannons and you didn’t want it.
They wanted to give you repair hammers and you didn’t want it.
They gave you scoring changes all you do is argue over numbers 3 2 1 2 1 1 5 4 3 100 99 98.
They proposed more worlds to dying wvw and you said no.
Then people wanted mercenary worlds which is the same but you can’t agree on it because identity crisis.
Anet proposes 1 dbl 2 alp, you say no, vote says yes, anet checks on scrapping dbl, you say no, anet checks for 1 dbl 2 alp again, you say yes.
Then cry about veterans not playing for 2 years didn’t get a fair vote, you need bunch of ranks and a bunch of wvw hours to vote, you cry the vote was rigged cause pve players care about a wvw map.
Then you cry about the empty red borderland when the other two borderlands are also empty, while ebg is over queued every night.
You cry for population balance, they lower the threshold to keep bigger worlds from getting bigger, you cry about it to players from 20+ dead servers, we’re gonna die if we don’t open up!
They gave you golem week and you cried about a minor golem buff exploit.
They gave you some new commander tag colors and you cry about every other color not available.
They gave you reward tracks and you complain about not getting a legendary backpack.
They put gift of battle in the track and you complain about not getting a years notice before so you can buy it with free badges.
They took away crafting stations and you cry about not being able to skip a loading screen.
They gave you you a “big giant sized” guild hall with a “small dinky” arena to do your gvg’s and you cry about it.
They reorganized the wvw upgrades into your guild halls and you complain about the minor cost of spending months in pve.
They gave you fun to use banners and you complain about it being op.
They gave you extra upgrades to scout for you and all you do is complain about small groups.
Big fancy airships to make the big castle in the middle of ebg feel more epic you cry about it killing you every 15 mins.
They put a big fat cannon in the middle of dbl to promote fights every 3 hours, you cry about lag so they take it away, and then you cry about it being empty and no bloodlust.
They gave you new elite specs to freshen up classes after 3 years of getting old and boring, and you cry about imbalance pfft like that didn’t exist before.
They gave you boons to counter the increased damage but you complained no one was dying, so they fixed it after months and months and months of hard testing, and then you complain about dying to conditions.
They made conditions good so you don’t feel limp in zerg fights and now you complain about spreading it.

Pfft.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

There was not really any good content added to WVW. Most of the content they added was pretty bad(Banners, T3 Gates, hardened siege, DBL, etc) making the gamemode worse. WVW is pretty much go after the same towers and keeps that mean nothing to most people. How can WVW get new fresh players when the only thing that would make people come into WVW is the gift of battle? I mean, you get 250k kills in WVW and get a title and that’s it? If something is broken in WVW it takes anet forever to fix it (boonshare). Maybe there would be more commanders if you got rid of stupid 1200 pulls and moa’s in wvw. GVG is totally unsupported and ignored by ANET not to mention the meta in wvw for gvg is trash and needs fixing. WVW should be guild wars end game because the players can make the content but ANET just don’t care about WVW and it should be obvious after 4+ years.

Native Maguuman

(edited by jamesdolla.3954)

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: heydurian.6459

heydurian.6459

i’m very disappointed anet do nothing for wvw
i don’t have any reason to open gw2
T1 already killed by anet
every week only reset can play with other people
in the other time, i just see a lot of afk and karma train…
pve so boring,but they just focus on their “funny” living world
i will not present gw2 to my friends when it have new dlc

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: casantis.3106

casantis.3106

I think they don´t care anymore. How many time with no improves now? Just some “fixes” here and there, but is not enough.

Population balance is horrible right now. I am at Blackgate and we are a ghost town until NA prime, compared to the population of Maguuma.

Por la Razón o la Fuerza [CL]

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

I think they don´t care anymore. How many time with no improves now? Just some “fixes” here and there, but is not enough.

Population balance is horrible right now. I am at Blackgate and we are a ghost town until NA prime, compared to the population of Maguuma.

Same thing for maguuma during sea. They don’t have anyone. Not much you can do.

Native Maguuman

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Addressing your edited post about people leaving and friends list getting smaller, I’m not exactly sure what you expect to happen after four years. In the first year of this game my WvW guild died when the GL quit. Half of them never logged on ever again. The other half went their own ways. Today there’s maybe three people of that guild left still playing this game, myself included. We’ve all moved on to other social circles, made new friends, etc. The GL quit back then for many of the same reasons people quit right now: dead game, “all the good players have already left”, burn-out, numbers imbalance, real life.

Generally the population is dwindling though and its dwindling faster than other modes, at least thats how it appears, megaserver may cover up PvE losses. I think its almost unarguable though that had anet developed the mode better that it would have more players now and be a far better experience.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: alairus.4521

alairus.4521

You bunch of ingrates.
They gave you scoring changes all you do is argue over numbers 3 2 1 2 1 1 5 4 3 100 99 98.
Then people wanted mercenary worlds which is the same but you can’t agree on it because identity crisis.
Anet proposes 1 dbl 2 alp, you say no, vote says yes, anet checks on scrapping dbl, you say no, anet checks for 1 dbl 2 alp again, you say yes.
Then cry about veterans not playing for 2 years didn’t get a fair vote, you need bunch of ranks and a bunch of wvw hours to vote, you cry the vote was rigged cause pve players care about a wvw map.
Then you cry about the empty red borderland when the other two borderlands are also empty, while ebg is over queued every night.
You cry for population balance, they lower the threshold to keep bigger worlds from getting bigger, you cry about it to players from 20+ dead servers, we’re gonna die if we don’t open up!
They gave you some new commander tag colors and you cry about every other color not available.
They gave you reward tracks and you complain about not getting a legendary backpack.
They put gift of battle in the track and you complain about not getting a years notice before so you can buy it with free badges.
They took away crafting stations and you cry about not being able to skip a loading screen.
They gave you you a “big giant sized” guild hall with a “small dinky” arena to do your gvg’s and you cry about it.
They reorganized the wvw upgrades into your guild halls and you complain about the minor cost of spending months in pve.
They gave you extra upgrades to scout for you and all you do is complain about small groups.
Big fancy airships to make the big castle in the middle of ebg feel more epic you cry about it killing you every 15 mins.
They put a big fat cannon in the middle of dbl to promote fights every 3 hours, you cry about lag so they take it away, and then you cry about it being empty and no bloodlust.
They gave you new elite specs to freshen up classes after 3 years of getting old and boring, and you cry about imbalance pfft like that didn’t exist before.
They gave you boons to counter the increased damage but you complained no one was dying, so they fixed it after months and months and months of hard testing, and then you complain about dying to conditions.
They made conditions good so you don’t feel limp in zerg fights and now you complain about spreading it.

Pfft.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: alairus.4521

alairus.4521

I AGREE WVW PLAYS ARE INGRATES!! I’ve been playing since launch and no matter how much Anet tries to make things better you ppl are never happy. I for one love WvW and I want to say thank you WvW team. I love this game

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

You bunch of ingrates.

Pfft.

Where do I vote you for president ?

I’ll also add :

• They gave you objectives that’re worth more PPT when they upgrade but you don’t defend them.

(edited by ThomasC.1056)

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Honestly, what is going to happen is they’ll ignore this game mode. Then the xpac will come out and you’ll see advertising, heavy hype train, and promises yet again made that will never be fulfilled with a large price tag yet again. It’s a rinse and repeat cycle with anet, hopefully players don’t fall for it.

I think Boogie explains it best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDTg8gADBHU

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Suntiger.7396

Suntiger.7396

Is that ingrate to want some improvements in WvW ? No, we just care of it and encourage Arenanet to be focused on this game mode which has so much potential. If you don’t understand issues WvW, it’s not our fault
We like this game and spent so much time and fun in WvW but sometimes, we can feel as we lack of attention. Unlike PvE or PvP, we didn’t have many communications or news things recently about what’s the plans for WvW but I don’t know what WvW’s team is doing ; maybe they are preparing something and can’t tell us right now ?
If we agreed or not with some changes, it is not for the pleasure of complaining. We gave our opinion to improve the game. Some ideas could be great on paper but not on the ground.

If developers read my post, I have some observations and suggestions :

To start with desert borderland. I love this map design which has a lot of great places for fights. But, there are some issues which can curb players :
-> The map is too vertical, it’s great for PvE where you can glide, but not for WvW. So it give you the impression to run/jump half of the time. It’s a lot of work, but I think you have to rework on the architecture at this point and making it more “flat” :/
-> Many people see Oasis as a waste of space you could replace it by something like sm in EB. I think it could be both attractive and interesting.

We also know issues with lags but I don’t know when it comes and if you could fix it :/

Another thing I can say is ; contrary to PvP and PvE, anything in WvW give a reasons for players to come. Many things from PvP can be transposed into WvW. I enjoyed tornaments and hope they’ll be back once main issues will be solved.

Of course, I don’t pretend having the relentless truth, you can contractict some points.

Again, we WvW players love this game and this game mode you made. Please Arenanet, don’t abandon your works on it because you’re not so far to make something fantastic !

Thank you for reading my post and have a nice day.

PS : Forgive my english, it’s not my native language

(edited by Suntiger.7396)

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Translation: “I want an Anet dev to reply to every post on the WvW forums, where a tiny fraction of players actually visit regularly and usually loudly voice their uninformed opinions as if they are speaking for the masses.”

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

So Anet are you...

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Translation: “I want an Anet dev to reply to every post on the WvW forums, where a tiny fraction of players actually visit regularly and usually loudly voice their uninformed opinions as if they are speaking for the masses.”

Apparently they did, the masses have left.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

When you tell your community that the copy/pasted PvP rewards and server linking is the “Huge WvW Overhaul” they’ve been working on for 2 years what else can you expect from them other than pessimist comments?

Everyone I know has either left the game or barely plays because of the massive letdown the “WvW Overhaul” was.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Everyone I know has either left the game or barely plays because of the massive letdown the “WvW Overhaul” was.

Is this Alternative Fact? Everyone I know remembers that the “WvW Overhaul” was essentially scrapped and WvW placed in “beta”. We don’t have battle groups. How can you be letdown by something that was never implemented?

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Chaba.5410

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Additional-World-Linking-Information/first#post6172091

“We had/have another, much more elaborate, solution to world population imbalance. However, we decided to table it (perhaps indefinitely) in favor of World Linking for three primary reasons:”

“a complex solution would have taken longer to implement, and have been harder to get players to understand and accept.”

Chaba Tangnu

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

4am central time I go into ebg and for 2 hours straight it’s a fight for hod red keep with CD and DB. Game so dead.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Lol major overhaul, who of you guys actually believed they worked 1.5year on it and suddenly scrapped it. Good joke.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Lol major overhaul, who of you guys actually believed they worked 1.5year on it and suddenly scrapped it. Good joke.

Of course not, it was just a well timed lie to go push HoT’s release. Therefore the quotes, there is no way a development studio can be that unproductive.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

“a complex solution would have taken longer to implement, and have been harder to get players to understand and accept.”

WvW players won’t bother to understand or accept anything tbh… Arena Net should just do whatever they want in hopes of getting new players to it instead of trying to make these grumpy old bums happy.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Chaba.5410

WvW players won’t bother to understand or accept anything tbh… Arena Net should just do whatever they want in hopes of getting new players to it instead of trying to make these grumpy old bums happy.

There’s a subset of players who would be happy with 40v40 battle arena.

Chaba Tangnu

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

You bunch of ingrates.

Pfft.

I think you need to put in an /sarcasm somewhere in there, because there’re people who’re actually believing you.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: HiTandMayhem.1378

HiTandMayhem.1378

There’s a subset of players who would be happy with 40v40 battle arena.

I think actually there might be players who would pay for a private instance like the private PvP arenas.

I do think though it would both fix something and break a couple other things. Namely it might leave WvW mostly full of people hiding behind walls and clinging to siege instead of coming out and fighting.

Maybe not.

[UNIV] – Guild Leader, [DSM]- founding member
[TLC] – MicroCenturion
Fort Aspenwood Community Member

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: PaladinVII.1647

PaladinVII.1647

WvW is awful right now for two reasons: Balance and Playerbase.

I’ve given feedback many times about balance, I’m not wasting further time.

There is a good amount of toxic trash playing the game. They stick to broken, wimp-out classes, kill you when they get lucky, then jump on your corpse, siege burial, etc. A.net is only part of the problem. The rest is the community.

My solution? Until they do something about the balance, switch to character select on down or just before. I’m sick of grawl in heat defiling my corpse.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

WvW player stick around MUCH longer than PvE players PvE players tend to hop in for new living story then leave as soon as they finish it. Honestly WvW is a million times better than it was pre HoT. sure there is room for improvement and anet REALLY hates making improvements outside of major patches so that the major patches feel more major. But honestly its getting better and better since launch.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Of course not, it was just a well timed lie to go push HoT’s release. Therefore the quotes, there is no way a development studio can be that unproductive.

Which is why customers should be wary of their next expansion or supporting anet…….

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

i’d command if they didn’t ask for 300g for a tag. Already have enough trouble getting gold to dump into WvW.

If you want gold, if you need gold, start doing the Silverwastes. An organized event and after, Silverwastes.

Not stay in Silverwastes, just do the events once or twice a day, consume all the blues and greens above your threshold (mine is still 2 silver – everything below that is consumed as magic find salvage).

With a 5X multiplier and the fact that Auric Basic is getting an undeserved nerf, Silverwaste events and the train that follows for either Pac-Man or a “shovel train”, you will do well with ‘loot’. Popping food and tools creates a good MF base for getting all kinds of loot, including the two precursors I’ve found in WvW – yep, WvW.

There are also many items that are wanted on the TP that people can and do make for ‘cash’, a tiny bit of research can show you what consistently makes gold to support our WvW experience.

Taking a guild buff furthers any map or event (Halloween, Christmas, New Years) magic find, but I see many who don’t have the buff even though they have fully formed guilds. WvW track boost makes quite a difference.

The track I take in WvW is usually Bloodstone Fen and I do the daily there everyday. Others use Bitterfrost or Ember Bay for Ascended backpieces and trinkets, which makes it even easier in WvW. So many hate crafting, it’s nuts. I get it.

Fleshing out your magic find and doing events where you get needed mats (not just T6 and remembering that t-5 mats can be promoted), is key to making the gold we need to do more in WvW.

Anyone else who can add to my list, great, gold isn’t that hard, even in WvW, but you have to have the magic find to support you first.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Considering the time some people here invest on WvW, I’m impressed yall don’t have gold… Unless you’re one of these guys who trasfer out every week…
It was pretty bad before, I know, but that’s no longer the case. I’m currently sitting at 2k gold with at least 5 full sets of ascended armor, an ammount that I only dreamt about reaching by selling a legendary.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Depends on what you do in game, roamers, havoc, scout/defender players obviously wouldn’t be gaining the same amount of rewards of a zerger. If you’re still building magic find a lot of gear is broken down instead of sold. And yeah transfers, especially those guilds that like to move every couple months. Selling the mats you build up in wvw every couple months can net you a decent amount though.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

So Anet are you...

in WvW

atheria.2837

Or when anet match up are betweeen servers with triple population than the other, the competitive game is gone and the abusive play game of bullies and vicious players have become.
I have been one year playing, of which 3 months of wvw and we have been already matched up with servers 5 tiers higher than us.
people leave because of the frustration because they dont have fun anymore.
Something needs to be done right now. check other posts and ideas because from week to week people is disappearing and you maybe think that would make them change server and earn yo a few more dollars,no no, I would find another game.
thanks for reading.

THIS is the reason we are losing people in WvW.

Six servers against one – who ‘now’ doesn’t have a ‘link’ are going to lose – period.

It’s not about skill.

It’s most definitenly about coverage 24/7, which a server without a link can’t possibly do compared to five or six servers.

Anet ignores the real “end game” in its own game and people are tired of being not only ignored, but overwhelmed by what is no more than a messed up idea of what ‘linking’ was supposed to be.

Example:

If you had the smallest servers NOT linked with LARGER servers but only with small servers, and then only counting the WvW population that would be different than linking a huge server (including my own once upon a time) to any other server, that would be ‘fair’.

Linking just needs to be done away with if it’s not going to be managed with WvW only populations in mind.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

You need to stop gripping in the “X servers against one” argument my friend… It’s about how much people your server have and how much people the linked servers have. You really think it would be fair to put Yak’s Bend versus Eredon Terrace or Isle of Janthir? Seriously, it’s time you let it go and find another excuse for why YB disapear when they have no linked server.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

atheria.2837

You need to stop gripping in the “X servers against one” argument my friend… It’s about how much people your server have and how much people the linked servers have. You really think it would be fair to put Yak’s Bend versus Eredon Terrace or Isle of Janthir? Seriously, it’s time you let it go and find another excuse for why YB disapear when they have no linked server.

Apparently you read part of my posting and didn’t take mine or the others seriously enough to read them.

It’s not about YB or any of the servers in specific – it is about the fact that three times your population being decimated by nothing more than numbers and the fact that Anet is ignoring the WvW population rather than just counting those who play more than one or two hours a week.

WvW is nothing more than a numbers game, which FC was fine with when it was ‘linked’ to YB.

When a game doesn’t honor a game mode, doesn’t count only those in that game mode, all problems and issues are dismissed.

WvW is the most ignored and abused of the game modes in GW2.

So Anet are you...

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

i hate to say it because i would hate to see it reduced to such a thing but eotm has a valid concept due to how many servers compete at once on the same map there is rarely an imbalance in team sizes. perhaps every week all the servers get shuffled into a new color and we all fight over a single set of battle grounds. extra players could be redirected to overflows that dont count for the score but do count for participation and rewards. while they are there they would be in queue for the real battle to ensure it always has thriving population on all 4 maps.