So called WvW guilds

So called WvW guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Brooke.9741

Brooke.9741

Why do some guilds claim to WvW oriented when they clearly are not?
For example, a guild advertised in WvW borderlands claiming they were an organized WvW oriented guild with 300 people. After a few question asked to the recruitment person, I was happy to join them thinking I’d get some good groups.
At first look, I counted 100 people online. I thought this is going to be fun, but to my disappointment it anything but… checking guildies whereabouts I counted less than 10% in WvW, this hardly improved at all throughout the days. They had daily WvW events, where all people were expected to attend, but only around 20% of online people attended.
So, why advertise as WvW guild, when you are majority PvE guild?

(edited by Brooke.9741)

So called WvW guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Mirage.2597

Mirage.2597

Lots of guild leaders , say what ever they need to say to keep their numbers up all so they can run their lottery and make the gold

So called WvW guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Make gold through guilds?

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

So called WvW guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

The numbers you gave are pretty decent. 300 members doesn’t mean 300 people show up every day or at the same time and 100 online doesn’t mean they all want to do WvW that day. But getting 20 (20% of 100) people out to WvW during events means the guild can make some difference. I see a lot of WvW guilds on my server getting around 20 people out every time they are on so whatever guild you joined is doing as expected really.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

So called WvW guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

That’s the reality with a lot of wvw focused guilds. Fotm for ascention gear and legendary’s being achievable in only pve has cause a lot of wvw focused people to heavily reduce the amount of wvw they do. The ones that are doing wvw are the few that don’t care about those pieces of gear.

So called WvW guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Mara.5372

Mara.5372

Lots of guild leaders , say what ever they need to say to keep their numbers up all so they can run their lottery and make the gold

Hi there, Leader of EPIC here. I’m poor. Can I enter this lottery? I spend all my money on keep and tower upgrades.

Leader Mara [EPIC]| Sanctum of Rall Commander

So called WvW guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Hi there, Leader of EPIC here. I’m poor. Can I enter this lottery? I spend all my money on keep and tower upgrades.

Dont bother spending that gold. We are going to take those towers and keeps from you anyway

On topic, ask yourself if you really want to be in a guild that invites anyone who asks for an invite. Also with 20 people online, you should be able to do some fun wvw. I dont really think wvw with 100 people would be fun tbh

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

So called WvW guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Mirage.2597

Mirage.2597

You don’t enter the lottery as a guild leader you run one in your guild once a week give out 1/3, guild (you) keep 2/3

So called WvW guilds

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

PVE people help with influence.

-Desirz Matheon

So called WvW guilds

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

In my MMO experience since 1999: the larger the guild the worse the experience. Members become numbers, there’s small inner groups causing drama and the quality of people is far lower because they took aboard basically anybody without screening to reach those numbers and suck at quality control which allows them to keep said numbers.

So called WvW guilds

in WvW

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

My guild has a bunch of members but it’s always the same 10-20 who play WvW. I am perfectly fine with that because it means you learn how to work together over time resulting in a better overall WvW experience.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”