So close...

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

It’s like the old school tv antennas. You adjust adjust adjust just trying to get that one station in with something you want to watch. It suddenly clears up for a second but then reverts to unwatchable. You scream a psychotic, soul rending scream and then throw the tv through the wall.

For a couple weeks there…just a couple. Queues, fights, wvw craziness, stuff happening everywhere. Things couldn’t be ktrained because they were actually defended. If you wanted something you had to take it by force.

It was glorious! It was so much closer to what I wanted wvw to be. And then everything reverted.

Now we spend most every day getting blobbed off every map. BL crying for help over a group of 15 while EBG is struggling against 15 while a 50+ ktrains the other side.

The keep and garri are flipped constantly. If you engage a group with close to even numbers they bat phone in 30 or 40 more. Havoc groups have to deal with full zergs because we literally can’t give the zergs anything else to do. Oh 5 people capping our tower? Let’s roll stab up frontline eles and necros get ready to bomb get on portal stack might.

Back to population and coverage problems again. 90% of the time it actually feels worse than before.

Honestly screw the score. If anet could just find a way to balance everything so we get those fights back. No more 70 man blob rolling over your corner because you have maybe 10 defenders on all maps combined.

I get that it’s not an easy thing to fix. Might even be impossible without a full rework. Just really hoping anet will come up with something brilliant.

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I hear ya. Another week on T1 against the incredibly overstacked server that is BG. Don’t get me wrong…..the fights the first few weeks were awesome. And there have been some since then. But recently, I see less YB and TC action. BG is just rolling everything.

Funny, but it reminds me of T8, just exponentially less player numbers. 1 server horribly outnumbering the other two.

It might eventually even out over time, it might not. Biggest problem for me is I am just longing for different matchups, as this one is getting really stale.

Fortunately, I have a second account that I can retreat to, on an entirely different server, and matchup.

I don’t know how to fix it all…..maybe increase precursor drops and high end drops for the horribly outnumbered servers in matchups?? Might that possibly fight stacking?

I don’t know. I am still enjoying wvw……but the blob stuff is getting old……a little bit of that goes a really long ways.

And go ahead and laugh and burn me…..I still love wvw after the linking……but it needs a lot of tweaking and work, still.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Ironically, the song below reminds of what wvw is, so close but so far away in the end. This train is leaving soon. I think it’s honestly over for good. They can megaserver all they want, they can add all the rewards they want, they can call in unicorns and sell all the coffee cups and t shirts they want, and hold all the 4 year old late polls they want, the mmo world is just ships passing in the night and guild wars 2 is just another mmo ship passing in the night going off into the fog never to be seen again. They had the mmo crowd in the palm of their hand but blew it.

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I get that it’s not an easy thing to fix. Might even be impossible without a full rework. Just really hoping anet will come up with something brilliant.

“Might”… It is impossible to fix. Even if you pit three servers with the exact same population against each other, this scenario will still happen at some point or another. Anet cant control how much each individual player plays. Anet cant control their skill.

If you want proof that it doesnt work on a “controlled” micro level either, just look at sPvP. 5 vs 5 in short matches and you are still either going to be “blobbed” down 1 vs 2/3 on every point, someone drop out so its 4 vs 5 and assured loss or you got that guy next to you in default armor that plays cleric Warrior with double rifles. How many rounds are perfectly balanced nailbiters eh?

WvW is the same thing. It’s just more players and week long.

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: michelada.2947

michelada.2947

I wanted to play some wvw yesterday at 7 p.m. TC server, all the maps were dead, not a single map had a queue, GG anet you really know how to kill your game

So close...

in WvW

Reh.5986

“Might”… It is impossible to fix. Even if you pit three servers with the exact same population against each other, this scenario will still happen at some point or another. Anet cant control how much each individual player plays. Anet cant control their skill.

Thing is it doesn’t have to be perfect. Just don’t leave me in a 10v50v70 for much of the day. I really don’t mind being outnumbered. It’s when it gets so bad that all you can do is pick off a blob’s tail and then back cap. Ok in small doses but not as the bulk of each match.

This isn’t a skill thing either. Give me 40 pugs from my server against your 50 guild group and I’m fine. We probably won’t win most of the time but we will get some stomps and we won’t just watch our stuff being taken with no counter play.

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

This isn’t a skill thing either. Give me 40 pugs from my server against your 50 guild group and I’m fine. We probably won’t win most of the time but we will get some stomps and we won’t just watch our stuff being taken with no counter play.

The most common thing I see in those scenarios, is that the 40 pugs log out after 1-2 wipes, and you’re stuck with 50 vs 10.

That mentality might be the single largest problem with WvW.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

So close...

in WvW

Reh.5986

The most common thing I see in those scenarios, is that the 40 pugs log out after 1-2 wipes, and you’re stuck with 50 vs 10.

40 pugs defending stuff with siege and buffs is dangerous. Enough to make a guild group work a little for the cap at least. 40 pugs vs guild group open field is something else entirely and just asking for morale problems lol

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: Petez.2975

Petez.2975

Bottomline : Population balancing is done badly in T1 N.A.

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Fairweathering is a problem in T1 N.A.

FTFY. People come out and “help the server win” when the server is already doing well. They disappear when the server isn’t doing so hot. Leads to some really awkward population issues.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

40 pugs defending stuff with siege and buffs is dangerous. Enough to make a guild group work a little for the cap at least. 40 pugs vs guild group open field is something else entirely and just asking for morale problems lol

Those 40 pugs are only dangerous if the guild group or any group for that matter, bothers to stick around. Most probably won’t since defenders will likely bail on final breach.

The issue isn’t just one of numbers, cowardice also plagues WvWvW. Many simply do not have fighting spirit but want to feel like they’re winners. You see it on various scales.

• The 20 man guild group that refuses to engage a similar sized force unless another guild group is there to help
  • The pugmander who drops open field siege against a smaller force
  • The 5 people standing on a wall watching 2 roamers and only jump down in an attempt to overwhelm when 4 more allies show up
  • The small squads that immediately dash away from a structure if even it’s only half their numbers that show up to resist
  • Anybody running condi Chrono (lol sorry had to :P)

There’s no patch Anet can release that will fix that.

Whispers with meat.

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

My question is why aren’t servers actively double teaming BG at this point?

I know BG population and coverage are hard to deal with, but morale is the biggest thing that affects servers. If players want to play for second or roll over and go do something else, there’s nothing Anet can do about that, that’s a player problem.

Other reason BG has massive numbers still is because their morale is high so all their pugs and hibernators are coming out to play, meanwhile the other two servers go in hiding because it’s the easiest way to deal with it for them… then run in here and blame anet.

70 man blobs can’t be everywhere, learn to deal with that. The two weaker servers need to stop hitting each other because it’s “easier”, use better map politics and learn to frustrate those blobs.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

So close...

in WvW

Teon.5168

My question is why aren’t servers actively double teaming BG at this point?

I know BG population and coverage are hard to deal with, but morale is the biggest thing that affects servers. If players want to play for second or roll over and go do something else, there’s nothing Anet can do about that, that’s a player problem.

Other reason BG has massive numbers still is because their morale is high so all their pugs and hibernators are coming out to play, meanwhile the other two servers go in hiding because it’s the easiest way to deal with it for them… then run in here and blame anet.

70 man blobs can’t be everywhere, learn to deal with that. The two weaker servers need to stop hitting each other because it’s “easier”, use better map politics and learn to frustrate those blobs.

Completely agree. The majority of the blame lies with the playerbase. Part of it is due to the staleness of the matchup, and part of it is due to YB and TC not teaming up together to fight BG. Have seen his sort of thing happen on other servers, in other matchups. After a few weeks of no battles, the top server will even begin to lose numbers, as people lose interest as the fights become even more lopsided and pointless.

And maybe this is what Anet was hoping for. This will certainly change server numbers in the long run and redistribute players some. Hopefully it will also change the upcoming matchups and pairings.

Also, the lopsided fights this weekend might have something to do with the US holiday. Lot of players probably not even near their computers this weekend.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

The thing with 2v1ing a server is that in a way it’s rewarding them. Why provide entertainment for those who so poorly decided to stack things absurdly out of proportion? Let them sit idle with nothing to do. Let them wait in queues. Let them run across the map in order to flip the one camp that isn’t green. Make it as boring as possible until the players quit. It’s not even a fairweather thing. It’s a form of punishment for the bandwagon mindless blobs who aren’t even interested in the fights. They don’t deserve a 2v1.

Instead, continue the fight between YB and TC. So far it’s been good stuff.

So close...

in WvW

Teon.5168

The thing with 2v1ing a server is that in a way it’s rewarding them. Why provide entertainment for those who so poorly decided to stack things absurdly out of proportion? Let them sit idle with nothing to do. Let them wait in queues. Let them run across the map in order to flip the one camp that isn’t green. Make it as boring as possible until the players quit. It’s not even a fairweather thing. It’s a form of punishment for the bandwagon mindless blobs who aren’t even interested in the fights. They don’t deserve a 2v1.

Instead, continue the fight between YB and TC. So far it’s been good stuff.

You certainly have some very valid points. And yes, the fights between YB and TC have been good.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

> mfw people complain about pvdoor from OCX/SEA so they move to T1 for stable fights
> JQ knocked out of T1 just because
> YB/TC don’t have OCX/SEA since they were T2
> complains about pvdoor from BG who were there because they wanted to leave the pvdoor behind
> BG’s fault

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Why not just transfer down to a less blobby tier?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

So close...

in WvW

Teon.5168

Exactly why I have a second account on a less blobby tier.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Because you can’t transfer to ANY host. If you transfer to a guest you may end up back where you started when worlds are re-linked and it cost you gems to do it….. The suggestion might work if there was open host servers….

Alt accounts are great, until they end up in the same tier as mine are…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Fairweathering is a problem in T1 N.A.

FTFY. People come out and “help the server win” when the server is already doing well. They disappear when the server isn’t doing so hot. Leads to some really awkward population issues.

That happens everywhere indeed. Being on YB, I personally look to dropping for a break from BG. I didn’t’ play much when we were doing the same to T2 – it just isn’t fun to be on either end of those matchups.

What makes it so bad now is even if a BG guild wanted to move, all the hosts are full. I wouldn’t leave BG for a nomad server. Heck I don’t think I’d leave any host….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Think allot of us on T1 simply dont care anymore. BG wants to blob and ktrain, well enjoy, the map is all yours. Most are not gonna play a game they stand no chance in, why keep having to respawn, and offer BG more bags?? Just pointless.

Things always change, think most the casuals look at the score, and figure why bother if its not even close. So for now, think allot of us simply avoid WvW, let BG have the map, wait and hope things change soon. What other choice do we have???

I was even talking to a couple of BG players, they are getting bored with no one to fight. Think they are getting just as tired of it being so lopsided as the rest of us.

(edited by tym.3791)

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Really? I ran into a BG player (after fighting and chasing down a TC into a camp) and he just ran around the ring after getting bursted. I stood there waiting for him to heal and try to fight again. After sitting idle I whispered and asked why he’s not interested in fighting since there’s no point in holding a silly camp when they’re ahead like 200k every week. Basically the response was PPT oriented. Then 3 more showed up (I guess he called for help to save a T1 camp?) and so he came out of hiding to fight. Go figure.

Odd how they would complain about having nobody to fight but when given the chance to have an even fight they often opt out in favor of PPT stuff. Meh.

(edited by Dhemize.8649)

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Raise your skill level. Good guild groups can easily be zerg busters.

Maybe transfer to EU and learn how to fight?

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

I think when the scoring changes, and the server link changes, the matches may be a bit for fun. I just firmly believe the casuals wont play when the server is loosing by that much, and at the same time, BG has allot more players playing because they are winning by so much.

Be interesting to see how all this plays out. See how the fights go if the playing field is more level. I have been in open field fights with both TC and BG, both servers put up a great fight. You can say this or that server runs away, or won’t fight fair, or bla bla bla. Well we are all guilty of doing the same thing we accuse others of doing.

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

OP, I sarcastically said on day one of the Beta, “BG wins the Beta! See you in 3 months….”. It may have been sarcastic but, I meant it too. On that first reset, BG had 335 players in queue, plus a queue of 2 in OS. That’s more than 400 players over the required amount to fill all four WvW maps. The number of BG and ET players are astronomical. How the Dev’s didn’t adjust this after the first week, it’s unfathomable. To think that we’re only on week 5 and have another 7 more weeks of this is just, Oy!

For the general population decline, yes I noticed two weeks ago that the interest in WvW on JQ/IoJ was declining rapidly. Players lost interest pretty darn fast. For me personally, it’s kind of emotionally difficult to play when we’re facing so many Ex JQ in the match. “Red is Dead” loses it’s meaning when you know who that Red player is.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

It’s like the old school tv antennas.

What if…

World = Fighter

WvW is turned into a King of the Hill…All Out…No Holds Barred…Brawl?

All Fighters (NA and EU) can choose to fight anybody in the room & Fighters can only engage 1-3 during this Brawl Event.

If 6 Fighters chose to attack 1 Fighter…that lone fighter could only engage 1-3.

Require any Stronger Fighter to wear Boxing Gloves when hitting a Weaker Fighter.

Also, give the Weakest Fighters (3 NA and 3 EU) in the room…Brass knuckles when attacking the Top Fighters ( 3 NA and 3 EU).

Have the Brawl last for 1 week…then Rank all Fighters & Reward them for their earned Rank.

Do you think the following week the Brawl Event will be different?

Put in a better antennae…then…Let the players fight over changing the channels to watch instead…imho

How’s that for a simple & elegant solution at fixing your TV reception?

Yours truly,
Diku

Possible Better Long Term Solution – Google Search – Reboot Base Map Mechanic

(edited by Diku.2546)

So close...

in WvW

Teon.5168

Because you can’t transfer to ANY host. If you transfer to a guest you may end up back where you started when worlds are re-linked and it cost you gems to do it….. The suggestion might work if there was open host servers….

Alt accounts are great, until they end up in the same tier as mine are…..

If that happens, I will either just enjoy it, or move my second account to another small server with a small transfer cost. Since it is not my main account, I don’t really care what server it is on. It just serves as an account that offers some sort of change of pace from my main account.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

So close...

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s because the merges did nothing to solve the game mode’s problems. So now we’ve fallen back to where we were before the merges.