So... how you finding it without the orbs?

in WvW

Posted by: Daevinia.9184

Daevinia.9184

First week match here much closer.. but somehow stalemated with no where much to go. Everyone muchmore upgraded & holding on better than previous… more time to?

Any better for you?

~ nothing is constant but change~

Currently: 3619 kills ~ all for Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Redundancy.7325

Redundancy.7325

It’s nice that you don’t have the same complaints about hacking or the snowball effect that orbs caused. But as a warrior with a lot of vit+toughness for WvW, i really miss the extra hp that even 1 orb provided. I’ve been feeling much squishier in general after the patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Loving it. I’ve been on both sides of the tale, and it’s either lead to not enough enemies on the map when you have the orbs, or not enough of your players because they only play fair weather style and don’t stick around when your getting schlacked.

No orbs this week = absolutely great week to date. Been much more close, and stalemated, but pretty sure that’s more around peak times and playerbase then anything.

#orblessWv3ftw

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Even in lop-sided matches there is still a good fight to be had. So removing the orbs has been great for the bread and butter gameplay.

Objective-wise, in the big picture, it would be nice if they could add them back. It would give us something more to fight for. But only if they aren’t game-breaking again.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Removing the orbs has made the fights a lot more fun. And as a positive side effect people aren’t giving up playing just because they aren’t leading with points. It’s definitely removed the snowball effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Good and bad in my opinion. Good for obvious reasons. Bad because it made the BL maps nothing more than capping points, and made WvW a bit more boring. Hopefully they come back in some form in the future. They just need to find a way to balance them so they’re not overpowered but still worth grabbing and defending. Oh and remove or limit the ability to exploit them of course.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

It could be my imagination but it seems like our matchup is closer and queues are full for more periods of the day.

Regarding what liquid said: I think one way to do that would be to provide bonuses that aren’t directly associated with an edge in battle but give some other bonus to your server (e.g., players on your server have more magic find or more success from crafting nodes or something, I don’t know).

(edited by Shlamorel.8714)

in WvW

Posted by: Daevinia.9184

Daevinia.9184

So.. if orbs gave PvE bonuses there might be more players that don’t usually PvP?

So.. if orbs gave PvE bonuses there might be more players that don’t usually PvP?Thing is dub v dub is a steep learning curve…

~ nothing is constant but change~

Currently: 3619 kills ~ all for Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

Much better, if I lose a battle, i will blame it on myself, and not some unfair stat advantages

in WvW

Posted by: Ezkeal.7589

Ezkeal.7589

I love not having the orbs, keep them out do not bring them back at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

Less exploiting….. that’s how I find it.

in WvW

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Being on HoD, we’re often outmanned and can only hold onto one map. So since there’s no orbs, we’re not at a huge disadvantage on that one map!

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

in WvW

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

I think it’s a good thing. Even matches while outnumbered feel more fair without the orbs on the side of the winning team. And when I’m on the winning team I don’t have to rely on the orb handicap when fighting players on the other team. Overall, I think it’s a great change.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Classes feel a heck of a lot more balanced imo.. Always thought the buffs were a horrible idea anyways.. I like the idea of orbs, but not for such an imbalanced reward..

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

I think it’s better. After seeing things play out without them, it’s so much easier to see how much of an advantage they gave, too much so.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

in WvW

Posted by: trapline.8541

trapline.8541

I think it’s great, things feel more level now.
I think the undermanned buff needs some love still like:
1. carry maybe 2 or 3 extra supply in home borderlands
2. stronger walls and doors
3. slower decay rate of siege equipment inside towers and keeps
4. siege costs less supply to build

some ideas like that, stats are stats, but when underpopulated it’s really mechanics you fight, like having enough people to build things and defend them.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

Absolutely love it – far more balanced .. gives servers who are lagging in points a fair shot at regaining territory and ticking points.

Makes WvW more about coverage, which is better imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

Defintely better without the orbs. Now I can blame my own skill rather than some buff for outcomes.

But yeah, objective wise, they need to come back. Make them generate the outmanned buff type thing, and make the current outmanned buff be the triple orb bonus. The way it always should have been.

in WvW

Posted by: Asklepious.6014

Asklepious.6014

I have mixed feelings about it.

On one hand it brings a lot less people to the borderlands which I think is a very bad thing. Before it was a global strategy on all four maps, now the strategy is focused on one map for the entire server for the most part. (I’m not saying the entire server focuses one map now I’m saying guilds planned attacks based on where other guilds were at the time to achieve the most optimum out come for the orbs / points) now it’s focused on just capping.

On the other hand having the orbs did favor the already winning. Which is a horrible design.

With this being said I do not understand why the same stats that the orb gave you is not applied to the under-maned buff instead of the + karma experience and magic find. If the orbs increased the amount of magic find karma and experience than that just seems more fair especially if you tied in the badges of honor drop rate to the amount of orbs you have. It would benefit the server to have the orbs through purchasing more siege with them but it wouldn’t be directly like the stats were.

Its the only solution I can see at the moment to have the orbs mean something and to bring more people back into the borderlands and not so strongly favor the already winning.

Donn Asklepious – Necromancer
Guild Leader: Get of Fenris [GoF] of Blackgate
http://www.getoffenris.com

in WvW

Posted by: Wyverex.2409

Wyverex.2409

Fights and matchups are SO MUCH BETTER now. I am really happy with the change.

And yes, as people mentioned, some kind of PvE bonuses for orbs could work well (Karma, Exp, Magic Find, or even Influence could all work)

in WvW

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

it’s more fun with out the Orb’s + i do Farm Orr alot so fight a player is about the same as the undead mobs in orr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

in WvW

Posted by: Chochotte.7482

Chochotte.7482

I think it’s very boring withtout the Orbs.

Yes forces are more balanced, but now there is no objective that really worth holding. Orb was great because 2 server would fight one in order to get it, because you need to think about defending it while you hit other maps. Because it was very vulnerable a many points (when up north, or when someone carry).

It was also the only thing that made a huge planned attack worth it….. now what’s the point of fighting for hours for a fortified keep, that will be vulnerable as soon as you take it since it’s not fortified and worth no more that the deserted keep on the other side of the lake. With the orb it was a totally different story since EPIC battles in which you starves supply, use many tricks with siege and last forever had more chance to happen and worth it….. since the reward was something that will give the advantage to your server.

Please bring the orb back!

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

I’m really missing orbs as an objective. I’m not missing the buffs they provided, however.

I really hope the 15th patch is more than just PvE fluff stuff, WvW needs some love.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: krieb.6039

krieb.6039

It’s so much more fun. Having a great time now. =)

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

The incoming damage difference is much more noticeable especially if you’re used to have 3 orbs.

Without orbs I’ve been practically instant gibbed MANY times by warriors. They blow their haste, do Greatsword skills and dump 12,000 damage in 3 seconds on me when I have over 3,000 armor.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

my guild never used the orbs as an excuse to begin with, so it’s a bit drier i guess because we were winning battles out manned and out orbed before, and knowing we were at a disadavantage and winning or holding out for as long as we did so regularly, made those battles extra special and added an extra epicness factor.

i hope they get returned in a state that is still meaningful and makes them worthy of capture and fighting over. i suspect this will not be the case though, and if they are, then they will go back to being being the primary excuse for losing alongside beign outnumbered, doubel teamed, night capping, population, arrow carts, and so on that has popped up since or was beign whined about en masse before, instead of people trying to find counters to these things.

who doesn’t love wow clones?