So is everyone happy with the stab change?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Q:

So is everyone happy with stab change or do you guys think it could have been better?

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Just focusing on stability vs cc’s, I think it is actually more balanced now in terms of functionality. The availability of cc/stab is another issue that’s left to work on. In the past you could basically stack stability to get a permanent duration and run through all cc’s, that was one extreme because there was no counter for cc’s. When they changed stability to have stacks, it went to another extreme because there was no balance with the amount of cc’s that could be applied, so stability could be instantly stripped and sometimes useless, this lead to pirate shipping. Now with the internal cool down that prevents all stacks from being instantly stripped, it is a lot more balanced. Now stability can counter cc’s, and cc’s can counter stability, so it works out a lot better. They also changed the target limit on certain cc skills like static field, so while cc’s are still strong, certain sources have been brought more in line, without being made useless.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Seems satisfactory.

CC is still really strong, but you can counter it much easier.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I think that stripping of stab could change from 0,75 to 0,85 of second.

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

Just focusing on stability vs cc’s, I think it is actually more balanced now in terms of functionality. The availability of cc/stab is another issue that’s left to work on. In the past you could basically stack stability to get a permanent duration and run through all cc’s, that was one extreme because there was no counter for cc’s. When they changed stability to have stacks, it went to another extreme because there was no balance with the amount of cc’s that could be applied, so stability could be instantly stripped and sometimes useless, this lead to pirate shipping. Now with the internal cool down that prevents all stacks from being instantly stripped, it is a lot more balanced. Now stability can counter cc’s, and cc’s can counter stability, so it works out a lot better. They also changed the target limit on certain cc skills like static field, so while cc’s are still strong, certain sources have been brought more in line, without being made useless.

Old stability was hardcapped to 10 seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

It’s fine for me now… Mass stun where you can’t use any of your spell is really annoying and maybe should be nerf. Because actually you are chain stun and then you can’t do anything except dying.. But CC and stab are fine.

in WvW

X T D.6458

The way it functioned, made it possible to be rotated, essentially allowing it to be permanently maintained

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

It is much better now. Balancing is endless process and much can be improved, but this was good step.

in WvW

Posted by: Badass.7492

Badass.7492

I like the changes, even as a backliner(necro). Not that our frontline, if we have one, is able to leap in without sticking on one of the many guardian walls, but also i’m able to follow up without stabi, due to the fact that cc-walls disappear after having effected 10 people. Furthermore I’m finally able to use my escape spell (plaque) to escape and not being pushed around because the 3 stacks lasted for 0.2 sec when the enemy had the possibility to cast cc in you.
The only negativ aspect is that the protection the frontlibe recieved from the spectral wall is also reduced to 10, woth the wall instantly disappearing after that. I would prefer it, if the limit is only depending on the ammount of enemies being feared away or having lost one stack of stabi (e.g. the veil of mesmers was untouched and is still able to cloak a very large ammount of people)

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

The way it functioned, made it possible to be rotated, essentially allowing it to be permanently maintained

That is a big difference to “boon stacking”. It requires coordination (squad/group setup, stab 1, stab 2) and works only with voice coms properly.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

It is OK, but could use some improvements in some specific class areas.

For example, since the stab changes went live I am already greatly feeling the lack of it on my druid and have switched to my guard as default toon for WVW, and the rest of my toons are between the 2 of these extremes.

Though druid, being a druid and not a ranger, is not as completely useless as rangers were, it just can’t compare. I did not have enough time yet to thoroughly play through my other characters, we’ll see how it feels on them as time goes by.

So far though, great for my guard and I would imagine any toon with plenty of stab, not so good for any class that has hard access to it or has it poorly implimented, stab without built-in stun-breakers etc.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I think its fine. I honestly forgot they even changed it, but then I remembered that recently I hadn’t been getting ragdolled around after procing a stability in the middle of a zerg.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

As a support/water ele I’m loving the change. Yes, I have been perma stunned and killed a couple of times by well co ordinated guild groups when my attention wonders but it’s also nice to be able to push in with the melee again.

Overall feels in a better place than it has been for a while. Still a lot of tweaks to be made but the little changes of fields have made them a lot easier to make out too, which is helping people see my water fields, etc – as I’m a non-ts player (for reasons:P) I have to time my fields based on what I see, and being able to see another water field already up makes my job a lot easier.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I think it’s alright but I do think they need to address the availability and how you get stability. Stability on dodge was an interesting idea and I was willing to see how it went but now I don’t think it’s a great thing and should be removed or linked to skills.

In smaller scale stability is very strong again but not much has changed there but now it’s no longer useless in bigger fights.

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

In my opinion the frequency at which stab is removed should be buffed from .75 seconds to .80 or .85. If that’s not possible so can we get more stacksick of stab when we pop stand your ground or other stab skills and if that’s not possible so maybe lower cooldown on the skill?

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

My only problem after the changes is Spectral Wall.
I could be wrong but I think this necro skill removes all stability stacks at once.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

I need to preface this by stating I am in T2 and a part of a “front line focused” guild group.

Stability doesn’t need to be buffed. Period. With the 0.75 removal internal cooldown (icd) it’s nearly the same (75%) in effectiveness as old stab.

Factor in current resistance (granting complete immunity to conditions) you can no longer be soft CCed.

Add in the availability of damage reduction (foods, protection, and Rev Dwarf +50%)

You basically get a melee blob that cannot be stopped. Or doing so would require people wailing on each other for 15 minutes doing no damage.

In composition, you basically need 2 guards, 1 frontline rev, 1 aurashare ele, and 1 whatever. Then copy paste that group a bunch of times.

TLDR: In short, due to the unnecessary CC caps in conjunction with the above there is very little stopping power left in this game in 15+ group environments.

And no, you don’t need much coordination to spam boons or stability in this composition. My guild does this when enough are online. At best you only need to say stab rotation. I am not talking about roaming (that has more issues with condi being the meta).

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

I need to preface this by stating I am in T2 and a part of a “front line focused” guild group.

Stability doesn’t need to be buffed. Period. With the 0.75 removal internal cooldown (icd) it’s nearly the same (75%) in effectiveness as old stab.

Factor in current resistance (granting complete immunity to conditions) you can no longer be soft CCed.

Add in the availability of damage reduction (foods, protection, and Rev Dwarf +50%)

You basically get a melee blob that cannot be stopped. Or doing so would require people wailing on each other for 15 minutes doing no damage.

In composition, you basically need 2 guards, 1 frontline rev, 1 aurashare ele, and 1 whatever. Then copy paste that group a bunch of times.

TLDR: In short, due to the unnecessary CC caps in conjunction with the above there is very little stopping power left in this game in 15+ group environments.

And no, you don’t need much coordination to spam boons or stability in this composition. My guild does this when enough are online. At best you only need to say stab rotation. I am not talking about roaming (that has more issues with condi being the meta).

I mean if you try to do 20 v 40 the 40 is most likely to win because the amount for ccs they have and enough stab..

in WvW

X T D.6458

That is a big difference to “boon stacking”. It requires coordination (squad/group setup, stab 1, stab 2) and works only with voice coms properly.

My point is, it was possible, and it was a common thing. The stab changes presented the biggest problem for organized groups that were very hesitant to move away from that hammer train meta. My biggest problem with the original stab changes was that there was no balance with cc’s sources/mechanics/amount in game, I saw it pretty much as a nerf of stability that encouraged people to just spam cc’s at range. Now I think its more balanced in terms of functionality.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

I mean if you try to do 20 v 40 the 40 is most likely to win because the amount for ccs they have and enough stab..

I wasn’t suggesting anything about Xnumber vs. Xnumber. If their comps are the same, the large would win the fight obviously. However, if the 20 use the above comp, they will train down the 40 random pug blob. Moving on to what I was trying to say.

Let me rephrase this. Target capping offensive skills hurts smaller groups. In this case, CCs were hard capped to basically 10 people. I am saying, since they “fixed” stability, the cap to CCs wasn’t necessary. Furthermore, there are defensive buffs that don’t take into account the “fixed” stability (such as resistance and damage reduction) since they were balanced in an era of “bad” stability.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta