So, let's talk about WvWvW...

in WvW

Posted by: zombiemeerkat.5960

zombiemeerkat.5960

or WWvW, as we might as well have called the previous cycle on Kaineng.

For the first “cycle”, our lower population server ended up against two higher population servers: Ferguson’s Crossing and Denovah’s Rest. As if that weren’t bad enough, we were stuck on the lands BETWEEN them. Any chance to compete was futile, as not only could we not pull the numbers needed to defend and attack, we couldn’t pull the numbers to defend against both opponents, let alone one. That’s fine. Eventually, the cycle is supposed to pit us up against opponents more evenly matched to us, right?

Sure. We got a new opponent: Northern Shiverpeaks, which as I understand, is also low pop. But guess what? We’re matched up with the outnumbering Denovah’s Peak…AGAIN. Not only that, but we stuck in between our opponents…AGAIN. As I speak, we’re able to capture one node for a total of 2 minutes before it’s zerged out from underneath us. Okay then, we’ll just take the fight to Shiverpeaks’ land and let Denovah’s have ours. Oh but no, Denovah has enough numbers to attack Shiverpeaks’, too. Must be nice. I might add, Shiverpeaks is nowhere to be found. I can only assume they’re in the same situation as us, but apparently faring slightly better.

So, tell me, ArenaNet. Is this working as intended? I don’t mind a challenge and all, but this is no challenge, we stand absolutely zero chance against a server that outnumbers us 3-to-1. When do those of us on Kaineng (and possibly Shiverpeaks) get to finally ENJOY WvWvW like most of the other servers get to? Can we get an immediate fix to what is obviously a broken system? Or is this simply just not a concern and I need to worsen the problem by transferring to one of the higher pop servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Devona’s Rest is actually a low pop server that only fills a map when PTX or another larger WvW guild fills a map. In fact, we are usually out numbered by the Ferguson’s Crossing server…we are just mostly made up of WvW guilds that work together and we perform super well during prime time. In fact, we don’t have enough late night or early morning presence yet to hold what the prime time players do and FC always takes everything again over night and it keeps us stuck down in that bracket…for now.

I understand your frustrations though, it sucks being the bottom bracket because its the one left the most unbalanced. I am constantly on the forums on guru trying to get more people to spread to the lower pop servers and try to mention Kaineng first for NA primetime players wanting to escape their queues.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Raptor.9863

Raptor.9863

NSP here and I feel your frustration.

Raptor – Human Guardian
Northern Shiverpeakes

in WvW

zombiemeerkat.5960

While on the other hand, we’re losing players on our server due to the imbalance. Basically, we got a late start and can’t get off the ground now.

I mean, can you blame them? The choices are “pay a lot of repair costs and deteriorating morale” or “suffer a queue and reap rewards”.

It would be nice to have more participation within the WvW. Kaineng gained a couple of guilds for WvW as well (like Oni and Guru), but the numbers are killing us. Hard to recruit what simply isn’t there, or won’t be there for very long given the current circumstances.

During the whole Fergies and Denovahs battle, we’d put up a fight, but in the end, just got overwhelmed from both sides. And yeah, there were ALWAYS a lot of Fergies on.

in WvW

Velron.3729

Give it time…eventually people will stop being idiots sitting in 5 hour queues and transfer to servers like Kaineng for WvW. Its the exact thing that’s been slowly happening on Devona’s Rest.

What you need is for those servers that have transferred there already…to actively recruit more. That’s what we’re doing at DR.

Edit: Fwiw, I know I at least have respect for the Kaineng that get out there and always make it a point to grab some kitten and not let us take it.

in WvW

zombiemeerkat.5960

I was aiding a defense against DR earlier. I’d often find myself alone because my team kept running away.

I think we lost a few of those leaders that led that big epic standoff we tried to pull off last week. They’re either burnt by the imbalance or have just transferred. I’m still there, swinging away at a sea of red…..for about 5 seconds before I’m standing in front the repair NPC, watching myself go broke.

in WvW

Velron.3729

Yeah its rough, the server really needs a couple larger WvW guilds to transfer to it to give it the jump start it needs. Trust me when I say we wish the matchup was a more even WvWvW as well!

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I would like it if the organized DR and fergie guilds actually left us alone on our borderlands.

I’m prettykittenburnt right now about the whole thing. Anet needs to provide incentives to switch to disadvantaged servers. real incentives, and they need to do this yesterday.

Something like a +magic find boost for a week or something substantial like perma outmanned buff in pve and pvp for a week (as long as you dont switch off).

You have a serious disconnect where people are whining and moaning and whining about ‘broken’ queues and you have servers out there that cant even lock a zone and get a queue in the first place.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Kaden.3162

Kaden.3162

far as i remember WvW is not designed to be balanced, you want balance you go sPvP.
its also not that you didnt have enough players because that happens at different times on ALL servers, if i connect in the morning i get, like you would have, a massive buff i think its actually called “outmanned” which gives some hefty buffing to you server.

when we have alot of ppl online we tend to get a push when ppl are co-ordinated but during certain times its quiet and we get pushed, like most battles there is never a time when you are always at your best, which is why the battles last for so long vs a match based system.

and its not really in the control of the devs to have foresight over how many ppl wake up and go WvW vs doing PvE.

tbh it just sounds like you got beat and need to complain.
but bear in mind ever server has times where they are thinking omg this is unfair as well.

again if you want PvP with proper structure go sPvP. WvW is a sporatic uncontrolled enviroment with which to wage war, be it fair or not, because life and real wars are not always fair.

in WvW

zombiemeerkat.5960

far as i remember WvW is not designed to be balanced, you want balance you go sPvP.
its also not that you didnt have enough players because that happens at different times on ALL servers, if i connect in the morning i get, like you would have, a massive buff i think its actually called “outmanned” which gives some hefty buffing to you server.

when we have alot of ppl online we tend to get a push when ppl are co-ordinated but during certain times its quiet and we get pushed, like most battles there is never a time when you are always at your best, which is why the battles last for so long vs a match based system.

and its not really in the control of the devs to have foresight over how many ppl wake up and go WvW vs doing PvE.

but bear in mind ever server has times where they are thinking omg this is unfair as well.

again if you want PvP with proper structure go sPvP. WvW is a sporatic uncontrolled enviroment with which to wage war, be it fair or not, because life and real wars are not always fair.

Wow. Just wow. Your post is just so useful.

If I were any more sarcastic right now, I’d have to charge you hourly for it.

in WvW

Velron.3729

You are wrong. Kaineng is in need of help, it needs people.

I am not on Kaineng, I say this as someone on DR who fights the poor server all the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

Kaden, I believe that Anet’s goal is to have some sort of balance in WvW, so the match ups will be competitive. If this were not true, there would not be constant shuffling of the servers.

I’ve been on both sides of the issue. Recently I logged onto WvW only to find one server had every map controlled. There is no compelling reason to play when all your spawn points are camped by 50 players of the dominate server.

Im currently on Ferguson’s Crossing, so I know the frustration you guys felt. If it is any solace, we got clobbered the next server match- up.

FC does not have a large population either. When it is matched up against a high pop server, it struggles too.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

in WvW

zombiemeerkat.5960

Right now, Kaineng is once again in last place. There’s maybe 7-10 people on. NSP is controlling roughly 99% of the map. NSP is even outnumbering us. It’s THAT bad.

Yeah, that’s right. Kaineng is bottom of the barrel. Screwed. We can’t win. Period.

Thus, I’m about ready to just give it up and find a different game.

in WvW

Posted by: willwill.9318

willwill.9318

Or you can transfer servers while it’s still free

www.the-darkhand.com <DDH>

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

Right now, Kaineng is once again in last place. There’s maybe 7-10 people on. NSP is controlling roughly 99% of the map. NSP is even outnumbering us. It’s THAT bad.

Yeah, that’s right. Kaineng is bottom of the barrel. Screwed. We can’t win. Period.

Don’t give up. Some guild will transfer there to avoid queue times and things will turn around.

I would guess that’s why NSP is outnumbering you now. We had a large guild transfer to us to get off Henge and get away from the queue times.

The same will happen to Kaineng.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Unfortunately I saw this coming from the very start of the BWEs.

If you design a competitive optional portion of a game, where You are punished for losing (wasting time, and spending money on repairs), you will find that the losing team will continue to do worse in a downward spiral, while the winning team continues to win. It really isn’t that complicated. Why would someone on a server like Kaineng spend time losing in WvW? They would just continue to suffer, when instead theY could either 1. Leave the server or 2. Continue to PvE where rewards are endless (even when you fail dynamic events).

in WvW

Posted by: Iron Savior.4752

Iron Savior.4752

/facepalm

All points on a triangle are between the other two.

sigh

in WvW

Posted by: Doxshund.9235

Doxshund.9235

Merge The bottom 3 servers.
If Anet wont, least the guild on them can talk and pick one sever to move to.

Asura > all

in WvW

Posted by: Omega.8573

Omega.8573

I’m completely astonished so few people saw this coming…this is what happens when you take out crowd control in a game.

In a game that the developers boast that it is “skill” based, numbers should have nothing to do with it. In dark age of camelot, groups of 8 killed entire zergs if they were smart enough.

in WvW

Velron.3729

Merging isn’t needed. Spreading out is.

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

AHAHA omg i did a facepalm

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

zombiemeerkat.5960

Or you can transfer servers while it’s still free

Err, that’s what I meant. Different game other than Kaineng vs Denovah.

in WvW

zombiemeerkat.5960

/facepalm

All points on a triangle are between the other two.

sigh

You’ll want to look at the map again and factor in Mist.

in WvW

Posted by: Orz.5091

Orz.5091

Kaden, I believe that Anet’s goal is to have some sort of balance in WvW, so the match ups will be competitive. If this were not true, there would not be constant shuffling of the servers.

I’ve been on both sides of the issue. Recently I logged onto WvW only to find one server had every map controlled. There is no compelling reason to play when all your spawn points are camped by 50 players of the dominate server.

Im currently on Ferguson’s Crossing, so I know the frustration you guys felt. If it is any solace, we got clobbered the next server match- up.

FC does not have a large population either. When it is matched up against a high pop server, it struggles too.

Unfortunately the balance you speak of isn’t available when free server transfers at this time allow people to stack the deck 2 servers versus 1. This is happening as we speak.

in WvW

zombiemeerkat.5960

Unfortunately the balance you speak of isn’t available when free server transfers at this time allow people to stack the deck 2 servers versus 1. This is happening as we speak.

Sad, but true. Really, though, what other option do we have to take? It’s either find a server you can actually be rewarded with or pretty much stick it out with the constant losses. Oh, then there’s that queue thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Trismegistos.3046

Trismegistos.3046

our last opponents were canadians on a french server, and it was just ridiculous, during the day all map was green, during the night it was all red. no fighting anywhere lol.