So many Mesmers and Guardians

in WvW

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

Getting a little sick of seeing so many Mesmers and Guardians in wvw, both awesome in roaming and zerg play.

Maybe time for the balancing guys to look at these two classes and tome them down a little?

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’m surprised you can see them with the forest of warriors blocking the view.

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

I only see warrior guards and necros. Warrior by far the most.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

It just looks like a lot of mesmers, that kinda the point of the class

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Divide the number of mesmers by 4.

Then multiply it by 60, that’s the number of warriors that you’ve seen.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: blackoil.2673

blackoil.2673

I think it would be funny to see a 40 Mesmer zerg…. and 5 seconds later it’s only 10-Mesmer group *giggle"

Same for asura necros going minions…. a 70-zerg and they’re really 10 muahaha

Myself I think there are too many thieves… just because I hate them since it’s the only class I can’t beat succesfully… all the hiding and backstabbing stuff x.x

But I don’t complain… I think it’s pretty well balanced, since other classes thieves are a just a joke.

What I’d advise is try to play mesmer or guardian for a while and you will find their weaknesses, or you will realize they’re not as OP as you thought they were.

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

Divide the number of mesmers by 4.

Then multiply it by 60, that’s the number of warriors that you’ve seen.

lol

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Getting a little sick of seeing so many Mesmers and Guardians in wvw, both awesome in roaming and zerg play.

Maybe time for the balancing guys to look at these two classes and tome them down a little?

Mesmers are hard for zerg play, not “awesome” for it. Most mesmers are only set up to play minor support roles like dropping veils and null fields. It takes a pretty good amount of work and skill to play a mesmer that can do real damage to a zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Mesmers are hard for zerg play, not “awesome” for it. Most mesmers are only set up to play minor support roles like dropping veils and null fields. It takes a pretty good amount of work and skill to play a mesmer that can do real damage to a zerg.

Not really, PU shatter with Veil and Nullfield. Traiting glamours only requires an extra 10 trait points for CD reduction (Which you don’t actually need), and you can get blind on glamour easy as you’re in Illusions anyway.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

I have a feeling this is sarcasm.. You’ve got to read between the lines sometimes.
And yes, I agree. Nothing but Guardians (Warriors) and Mesmers (Necromancers) these days..

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

where are u playing?!?!?o.0 its like the opposite. we can barely find mesmers for portals. awesome in zergplay?!?!? what aoe? what toughness, what skills are they using that actually makes them viable in a zerg again apart from stupid veilbbotting and tw? i really dont know i we are playing the same game. but wvw is dominated by warriors, then guard and staff ele and necro. the rest is utility or useless.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Not really, PU shatter with Veil and Nullfield. Traiting glamours only requires an extra 10 trait points for CD reduction (Which you don’t actually need), and you can get blind on glamour easy as you’re in Illusions anyway.

oh and confusion deals soo much dmg vs those weak healing signets right?
i use glam and all that and no its weak even with perplexity. 1 necrowell will do twice as much dmg! and what on earth are u shattering in a zerg? the clones die before they even reach or right after they popped.
try that build vs 35-70 man zergs with tons of aoe.
believe me i play wvw every day with organized guilds vs top servers and i’ve tried a ton of builds and atm none of them can even closely keep up with the current wvw meta.
anet cripplet the mesmers core mechanic confusion and took away over 50% of our aoe dmg. phantasms might get a few hits out there, but in a zergfight i survived and killed better on my uplevel necro than my lvl 80 ascended trinkets and weapon geared mesmer.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I agree, there are never enough mesmers running with a group when you need that clinch veil or time-warp.

What’s frustrating is when you have a lot of rangers and none of them seem spec’d for DPS.

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

warriors and guardians are the most i see, i only see necros rarely but when i do theres a ton of them together.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I think it would be funny to see a 40 Mesmer zerg…. and 5 seconds later it’s only 10-Mesmer group *giggle"

Same for asura necros going minions…. a 70-zerg and they’re really 10 muahaha

Myself I think there are too many thieves… just because I hate them since it’s the only class I can’t beat succesfully… all the hiding and backstabbing stuff x.x

But I don’t complain… I think it’s pretty well balanced, since other classes thieves are a just a joke.

What I’d advise is try to play mesmer or guardian for a while and you will find their weaknesses, or you will realize they’re not as OP as you thought they were.

My guild actuAlly had a mesmer night, about 8 of us total. It was hilarious. I had never seen so many people run away. Oh, and half of us used the ascalonian mage potion

in WvW

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

I see a lot of mesmers. Tons of them. Thieves too. Those of you who see only warriors should maybe stop running solely in the blobs….

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Lately I see many upscaled rangers.

in WvW

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

I see tons of warriors, and I roam all the time, sad part is 90% of them run as soon as they see my guard, they don’t even try to fight. I use to see almost never a necro, now, I see them the most next to warriors. I also agree I see the mesmer count going up, but still very few compared to warriors and necros. I seldom see another guard when roaming, but a good number in zergs. I see thieves from time to time, just when I do they tend to be killing off a yak or the like and run as soon as they see something, very few that fight. Engis I see from time to time also, but the number seems to have gone up in the past month or so from my own personal encounters. Eles I see almost never, and when I do they are with a zerg, very VERY few do I ever see while roaming, and rangers I see almost never and when I do see them they are almost always upleveled.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

in WvW

Posted by: Axz.8430

Axz.8430

I’ve been wondering about this also for some time. For all the hype about warriors and thieves on the forums in practice the current meta seems to be guardians (for zergs) and mesmers for roaming. Warriors and thieves are both way less common on my server.

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Basically this. The majority of enemy players I encountered were these warriors with stunhammers flying across the screen.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

ha! So true.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: sofired.6071

sofired.6071

Yeah its amazing how many groups of 4 messes I get melted by :p

WSR – GW2’s #1 ranked server that starts with a W.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I see a lot of all classes really but maybe it is specific to a server or you have rose colored glasses on. I will say I do see a lot of perma stealth thieves though. Then again I am biased and hate how they can just reset a fight.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: Meecat.2510

Meecat.2510

Getting a little sick of seeing so many Mesmers …awesome in roaming and zerg play.

As someone with a level 80 mesmer, I don’t think you have actually played a mesmer in wvw. They are squishy and difficult to play in zerg fights.

In havoc squads mesmers are pretty good though, along with thieves. So i’ll give you that.