So now that the newmatchups have happened, how badly is night capping wrecking your server?

So now that the newmatchups have happened, how badly is night capping wrecking your server?

in WvW

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

Seriously, I would like to hear what people think. We’ve had a full night for people to be utterly destroyed by off hours guilds. But how bad has it really been after the new set of server match-ups?

Post here! Is your server being dominated? Is all your hard work during the day being undone by the evil off-hours alliance of players who have the same right to play the game as you? OR are the match-ups more equal, and combat across 24 hours is evening out the issue?

Lets hear it, guys! What’s the situation?

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

Give it 6 more months, I’m sure it will even out with this flawless match making system.

/sarcasm

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Dark Haven – 30k
Sanctum of Rall – 29k
Sorrow’s Furance – 28k

Sorrow’s Furnace is catching up at this moment though. It’s really, really competitive and it is a blast! So good news for these servers at least.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

Tarnished Coast 33k **
Ehmry Bay 32k
Maguuma 25k *

So far so good here. Decent matchup.

Give it 6 more months, I’m sure it will even out with this flawless match making system.

/sarcasm

I take it that means your in a group where one server holds 99% of the map? How about you post your server group’s numbers?

(edited by Eliteseraph.4970)

in WvW

Posted by: Rabidmax.4106

Rabidmax.4106

Gunnar’s Hold: 33.5k
Desolation: 32.2k **
Augury Rock: 25.9k *

Seems this bracket is more balanced than our previous Desolation v FS v VZ

in WvW

Posted by: Rodarin.6058

Rodarin.6058

weekends shouldnt be too bad, the real test will be Monday night.

in WvW

Posted by: mard.6319

mard.6319

Stormbluff Isle 39,708 (3 orbs, 265 PP)
Eredon Terrace 28,741 (220 PP)
Henge of Denravi 24,662 (205 PP)

HoD has had a potential point lead over ET, and is catching up to them (was much worse this morning). When I got online around 10am, SBI had a 30% lead over 2nd place and has maintained roughly +300 pt for most of the day and all three orbs.

(edited by mard.6319)

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

If the scores are pretty close, loosing is not a big deal cause it was fun.

Just when the matches are lopsided.

Ya, was figuring about 6mo after the game released till we get a good reading on what is what and Arenanet fixes/tweeks/resolves issues over all.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: rndmize.9274

rndmize.9274

Jade Quarry – 37k (295)
Crystal Desert – 27k (200)
Dragonbrand – 26k (200)
1 orb held/world

Jade Quarry | Feign Disorder | Guardian
Interested in discussing WvW strategy? Contact me in-game.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Dark Haven – 30k
Sanctum of Rall – 29k
Sorrow’s Furance – 28k

Sorrow’s Furnace is catching up at this moment though. It’s really, really competitive and it is a blast! So good news for these servers at least.

This match is going great, constant battle for control and even our offpeak population is currently matched well. It will be interesting once the weekend is over though, things might change drastically once everyone starts going back to work. I hope it continues on its current path though.

I really like going up against Sorrows Furnace. Two weeks in a row against you guys and I’m really enjoying the battles we have.

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Well last night we (Ferg crossing) we pulling ahead. I’m sorry for not having a screen shot, but I have some from a few minutes ago. Kinda sucks.

Attachments:

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Aephyx.2351

Aephyx.2351

Dark Haven – 30k
Sanctum of Rall – 29k
Sorrow’s Furance – 28k

This match is going great, constant battle for control and even our offpeak population is currently matched well. It will be interesting once the weekend is over though, things might change drastically once everyone starts going back to work. I hope it continues on its current path though.

I really like going up against Sorrows Furnace. Two weeks in a row against you guys and I’m really enjoying the battles we have.

I’m jealous, you guys seem to have gotten a proper match up. I’m on Anvil Rock and we are sitting at

64k Northern Shiverpeeks
16k Anvil Rock
16k Ferguson’s Crossing

When I went to bed last night at around 2:00 Am EST, we had two orbs. Going to sleep and waking up changed all of that. Oh well. As you can see we are basically against another Yaks Bend…

in WvW

Posted by: SteelRecon.3824

SteelRecon.3824

Avilrock player here.

Yea its not the best. Same kind of game play as last week, where even with NSP having twice or 3 times as many players as us and 3 orbs we beat them in open fights and during the day. First day was dead even. then they nightcapped the entire map and nobody wants to WvW. So much fun, ah well.

Level 53 Thief [Hero] IoJ

in WvW

mard.6319

It will be interesting once the weekend is over though, things might change drastically once everyone starts going back to work. I hope it continues on its current path though.

This must be why Anet decided to reset servers on Fridays, to give the peak weekend players the best possible experience?

in WvW

SteelRecon.3824

64k Northern Shiverpeeks
16k Anvil Rock
16k Ferguson’s Crossing

This must be an exaggeration? There aren’t that many points available yet.

they had the entire map for 12 hours.

in WvW

mard.6319

Retracted that post, realized that kills count and there is probably spawn camping included in those figures.

in WvW

SteelRecon.3824

So getting spawn camped. Woo

WVW so much fun.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: omegajimes.2471

omegajimes.2471

Well last night we (Ferg crossing) we pulling ahead. I’m sorry for not having a screen shot, but I have some from a few minutes ago. Kinda sucks.

I chose Ferg because we kickedkitten during beta, but we get dominated every day now.

At least I know the 1.2 gold I dumped into reinforcing Redvale went to good use :/

in WvW

mard.6319

1.2 gold into a supply camp? Dude, noooo.

in WvW

Posted by: Ascleph.2147

Ascleph.2147

Imagine how fun it was for Kaineng and DR to fight NSP… srsly, how did they get that low in the first place?

in WvW

Posted by: Lupulin.9751

Lupulin.9751

I’m from NS and have been since the start. Here’s a somewhat quick explanation of what our server has been through since launch, that ends with us in the current state of WvW

Ascension Alliance tried to foster a huge community on NS and succeeded. This is why we were placing so high during the initial test rounds of WvW. Unfortunately, this crowded the server and they could not get enough AA people into WvW. Ascension Alliance left us a week or so after launch and server was in tatters. We quickly dropped to the bottom of the match making ladder, getting stomped even on the lowest tier.

An attempt at organizing the remaining few guilds failed due to low moral and an overall sense of “this is FUBAR” and this ended in another exodus of guilds not too long after.

Then about a week ago a few small guilds (20~members) each decided to take the reigns, create an ‘alliance’, expand up to 100+ members each , utilize TS, chat, etc. A few guilds that left in the second exodus then returned and now we are making our way back up the ladder to be matched against equal opponents.
EDIT: ‘Angry Army’ with their extremely large, WvW focused guild also decided to transfer over due to our non-existent queue times. I suppose this helped the moral massively as we started gaining ground the instant they transferred over.

personal note
I have noticed some animosity towards NS on a few forums and it’s kind of disheartening to see. We’ve worked our a**es off to rebuild from something that really seemed FUBAR. There is a great community on NS and it’s the reason I decided to stay through the rebuilding period. It just so happened that they began 1 week matches when we started to get our stuff together, so now those servers we are matched with, aren’t quite equal opponents.

Malt [War] – Asura Elementalist – Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Lupulin.9751)

in WvW

Posted by: wdspeck.8723

wdspeck.8723

personal note
I have noticed some animosity towards NS on a few forums and it’s kind of disheartening to see. We’ve worked our a**es off to rebuild from something that really seemed FUBAR. There is a great community on NS and it’s the reason I decided to stay through the rebuilding period. It just so happened that they began 1 week matches when we started to get our stuff together, so now those servers we are matched with, aren’t quite equal opponents.

I literally just posted a topic about this!! Basically asking why there are so much complaints about us and all the hate. I also brought up that there have been some comments about how we were basically left to die by AA and how we came back. Which, I do feel is pretty kitten phenomenal, considering. I almost left after AA left but I figured I’d stay around and see what happened and I’m really glad I did because we do have a great community and good leaders in WvW

Westleyy – Ranger Lanan – Thief
Northern Shiverpeaks
Argonauts of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: mrperea.9580

mrperea.9580

Im from Ruins of Surmia, and were holding off our position for second place right now, which means were right behind first!

Current scores,
Fissure of Woe- 7966 (10)
Ruins of Surmia- 10703 (
5)
And at the bottom,
Dzagonur- 88422 (+680)

So… pretty much what happened in our match up is at the start of our match we had 30-40 Dzag at the south gate of Hills and Bay, at the same time, pounding the doors in. We pushed them off a few times by putting all our people in one place, but eventually we tried to hold both keeps, and with only 15-20 defenders at each one we lost em. If being out numbered wasnt bad enough, Dzag was verry cordinated, and their plans were well thought out, with big guilds hitting each objective, so my hats off to them.

Apparently this didnt just happen on our map, but I was looking at FoWs map too, and looks like the same plan was in place there. Pretty much we lost our own borders so those of us that didnt log off went to EB, where we fought till we lost everything there.

And….. in the time to write this post, the scores are now
Fissure of Woe- 7969 (0)
Ruins of Surmia- 10710 (
0)
And at the bottom,
Dzagonur- 89328 (+695)

Oh, and if any Fissure of Woe people see this, send me a PM, and lets figgure out what were going to do.

in WvW

Posted by: Richard.8207

Richard.8207

To the NS players, don’t take it personally. Last week, every server that was dominating their match had a lot of people trash talking the players. People just want competitive matches, and were wrongly taking it out on you guys for not getting a competitive match.

The only two matchups that look totally lopsided this week are the bottom two brackets (Kaineng, Dev’s, Borlis; N Shiverpeaks, Ferg’s, Anvil). Both have first place with over three times the score of second place.

in WvW

Posted by: Kishandreth.2798

Kishandreth.2798

Looks like DragonBrand’s night crew woke up, and realized supply camps are points too. Actually planning on running a few coordinated groups for supply camps after work tomorrow. Sure they’re easy to lose, but 120 points and starving the enemy of supplies feels worth it to me.

double checked and already lost 2 camps to crystal desert, but still in the +points per timer lead

last in total points by 11k

**EDIT: Just took Stonemist Castle

current scores:
Jade Quarry : 44,125 (200)
Crystal Desert : 33,333 (
225)
Dragonbrand : 32,342 (+270)

keep up the good work, and for the sake of my sanity give me an app/ site i can check for wvwvw scores while at work

(edited by Kishandreth.2798)

in WvW

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

So getting spawn camped. Woo

WVW so much fun.

Haha.. Yak’s Bend did that to Dark Haven last week as well. I even said to my friend that it was so kitten cheap.

in WvW

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Isle of Janthir 49,019 (215) **
Sea of Sorrows 31,282 (
190)
Fort Aspenwood 29,750 (+290) *

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

Borlis Pass 89k (585)
Devonas Rest 12k (30)
Kaineng 10k (80)

our borderlands has a queue for the first time in a long time, that’s the only reason we have those 80 potential points.

Attachments:

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

Borlis Pass 89k (585)
Devonas Rest 12k (30)
Kaineng 10k (80)

our borderlands has a queue for the first time in a long time, that’s the only reason we have those 80 potential points.

borlis pass has next to no night population in wvw. same goes for daytime.

we are just the best out of the bottom 3. we owned 100% of the map within a few hours of this reset.

niehter kaeneng nor daeavona’s put’s up much resistance to us. when my guild has been in with 10-15 we’ve driven back groups of 20-30+ into your spawns on a regular basis.

we mixed it up with lowbie wvw night last night, and keaneng’s managed to route us once after 10 minutes at the far northern camp of their borderlands, and daevona’s guild LaZy routed us twice after rushing us 3:1 from their spawn at bluewater in seperate engagements.

to be fair though, whenever we move up a tier, our server rage quits within the first 3 hours of a new match, basically giving away the match to who ever got bumped down.

which is better for my guild as we prefer target rich environments. in fact we’d love to move to keaneng or daevona’s at this time but a month’s worth of bank etc upgrades has us stuck on borlis pass dealing with zerg guilds that only actually contribute when there is no resistance.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in WvW

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

Blackgate – 158k
Gate of Madness – 85k
Yak’s Bend – 75k

Blackgate is basically on 24/7.

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

To give an explanation to what Perea said:

RoS was doing good initially, we were a good server and we would own a lot of the map (like 350-450 points) during primetime, but our night crew was non-existant, We had some queue in EB and our own borderlands sometimes. Sometimes even in another BL. But because the enemies started to Night cap, we would wake up seeing it all blue or all red, etc…
So during our first week long matchup, the bigger WvW oriented guilds left to vabbi mostly and more followed. After that there were few ppl left, and then even PvE’rs left because there are hardly people in the maps now.
Then we started to get ourkitten handed to us, fighting Whiteside Ridge and Drakkar lake, both with a way bigger player base AND WvW base than us.
A few of us got together, some small guilds transfered in because they didn’t like the queue on the bigger servers.
We got 3 commanders now (3 transfered away), around 6-7 Pretty active but small guilds, around 5-9 people each that are active ? But we managed to have a 3minute queue in EB for a bit, but our own BL got empty, we barely manage to fill 1 and a half map, the others are practically empty besides 5 or so people each who like to PvE or ninja capture camps.

On top of all that, Dzagonur and Millers Sounds’s WvW base have decided to stay in 1 server and in the bottom ranked Tier matchup, during previous matchup they were in Miller’s Sound, now they’re all in Dzagonur.
We still have no night crew.

But besides all that, we managed to take half of EB yesterday, and the peopl in RoS BL managed to atleast take the garrison and the 2 towers.
FoW only seems to do good enough when we’re hitting Dzagonur, but for some reason they decide to come for us instead of Dzago, so we stopped helping them out and just took their keep

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia