So obvious has happened..

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

the less obvious as we all know new elites > old ones
so u pretty much forced to buy this kitten while it offers nothing new to WvW…

amazing seriously i dont mind paying for stuff but getting absolutely nothing back for it for years already isnt rly nice

in WvW

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Yea it’s quite underwhelming but ppl are already “throwing money” at the screen , eh im not surprised this is why content devs. pump less and less content while they tag it as an expansion.

Where are the new dungeons , pvp maps , wvw zones ? New raids ? next year maybe

play hard , go pro.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Are you referring to Anet selling power? That news is as old as HoT. If you’re still here, you’ve either learned to deal with it or have been living under a rock.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I still play base necro, mesmer, and guardian in wvw. I do play druid and daredevil, though. So it’s mix and match.

I could see for some classes being able to pick from core or either specialization and not being wrong, just filling different roles.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Also keep in mind for WvW/PvP, Anet confirmed that they will not hold on to updates for expansions. The updates to those modes will be released as soon as they are ready to.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Its more EASY pve and story content. Buy the expansion if you want more of the Ls3 maps/story, you will enjoy it. That’s the only reason to buy the expansion.

UNFORTUNATELY anet doesn’t have to do anything for wvsw to make you feel inclined to buy it for the sake of playing wvsw. And that is because of the new specializations they will force on all modes automatically.

Also keep in mind for WvW/PvP, Anet confirmed that they will not hold on to updates for expansions. The updates to those modes will be released as soon as they are ready to.

I don’t know why they announced that. Are we supposed to be happy that the current stream of updates won’t be presented in bulk a few months later than their creation dates? In reality it tells us there is to be no update shipped with the expansion to the actual mode. Meaning no thought was given to wvsw when designing the expansion content. And given their need to ship copies of the expansion, with the history of hot release, we know that the new specializations will be made overpowered and replace existing builds in damage/tank/sustain/mobility if not more categories. And we know that they don’t make wvsw specific changes to combat abilities, and that its the same as what we find in pve.

Given that the expansion will include 0 wvsw updates, coupled with the complete failure of the ‘beta period’, their love of pvp specific ability/balance changes, and inability to provide wvsw specific ability/balance changes……. it is safe to assume that no thought was given to the effect these new classes will have on wvsw. So expect a RANDOM kittenstorm where OP things tussle together to create a new meta that will be anyones guess as to what it looks like. Expect alot of classes to become completely irrelevant/dwarfed moving forward. Could even have a meta where just one class is chosen and spammed enmasse.

It further means that the updates we have seen in this ‘beta’ period will continue in the fashion they have previously….
Anyone paying attention to the supposed updates should be feeling the opposite effect as to what this announcement probably intended to.

Besides the more they update things the more of a mess they make…having a few extra months before the next disaster would help the community die slower. They shoulda held onto content for expansions. Furthermore it would allow them to actually plan and think out what they end up releasing. Atm it feels like they randomly visit the mode every month and think up ‘one thing’ they can make/change and implement in a days time. I still remember their one change of changing the score points from 123 to 345 or whatever it was. And they announced it as a 1-2 months thing. They inflated the values of all the scores, and wrote it off as their update for the next 2 months. Since at the end of the first or second month they just reverted it….and that reversion was the next month’s ‘update’. So much troll going on here its not even funny. And most of the community bought into updates like that. I still remember being completely flabberghasted that people who I and others explained it to COULD NOT accept the thought that anet made a change that sought to complicate the scoring in order to trick people into thinking winning their next skirmish would close the score gaps since it gave a rly high number!

I realize how NEGATIVE this all sounds, but I mean its true! This stuff happened….and I for one can’t just forget it and look to the future when so many elements are pointing to a repetition of last years failures. I’d like to say I hope I am wrong…..just there is little hope to be had atm. So I guess to a positive outlooker that translates from “I hope I am wrong” to “I am wrong”. Cheers to you if you can think that.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)