So server identity is completely gone now?

in WvW

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I haven’t played Guild Wars 2 in a longer while, though I was still around for a little bit with the server linking.

Is this what they are going with now? The server linking? The whole idea seems to kill servers apart.

I played on SFR and apparently they fell right on their face for some reason I don’t know what it is. The server was extremely well in WvW in the past, and now it’s barely holding up.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

The “host” servers still get mentioned and discussed. In this way they retain some identity.

“Guest” servers have suffered more and are rarely discussed or acknowledged, other than as a way to fight alongside some well known host.

ANET are aware of the issue but have yet to come up with a solution that allows players in a matchup to know who is on their own server.

There have been a couple of posts like this one: “https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Identities-of-Linked-Worlds/first” but even in this ANET led post the options we have been offered don’t really do much to encourage server community or identity.

in WvW

Posted by: Peppel.9736

Peppel.9736

Hey,

no, not for the host servers. Only for the guest servers we lost all. Who know us? No one. We are only “mercenary” for the host servers and we fight 2 month for/with them. After this we get a other ally.

I worte this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Slow-death-of-the-forgotten-Guest-server/first#post6299696

Tinka – Whiteside Ridge WSR - It’s a game, have fun and be kind to others
Slow-death-of-the-forgotten-Guest-server

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Could we just remove WvW and servers and add 2 hour match gamemode?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I believe that’s called EoTM…. and we all know how much ‘fun’ that place is… not.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I believe that’s called EoTM…. and we all know how much ‘fun’ that place is… not.

I spent about an hour there yesterday leveling up my wvw watching a commander praise himself on wiping a group smaller than our zerg and talking about how his commanding style is unique. He then went on to say he is well known for wiping zergs and using tactics to outsmart the enemy zergs. He also loved setting up siege in every tower and defending.

If that is the future anet is planning, a 3 hour match with commanders like these I’m quitting the game.

It was incredibly boring, dull, and uneventful for the most part.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I haven’t played Guild Wars 2 in a longer while, though I was still around for a little bit with the server linking.

Is this what they are going with now? The server linking? The whole idea seems to kill servers apart.

I played on SFR and apparently they fell right on their face for some reason I don’t know what it is. The server was extremely well in WvW in the past, and now it’s barely holding up.

Your entire post makes no sense. Server identity has nothing to do with server population/rank. SFR fell because people left the server. Simple as that. Nothing to do with links. Everything to do with SFR not being fun to be on anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Your entire post makes no sense. Server identity has nothing to do with server population/rank. SFR fell because people left the server. Simple as that. Nothing to do with links. Everything to do with SFR not being fun to be on anymore.

This. People simply stop playing after 2 or so years (like you did), and thus servers “died.” Server linking was merely ANET’s response to that reality, not the reason it occurred. Whether or not it helped with player retention is something else.

However, trying to explain the new scoring, and server linking to a new player (or returning player) is going to be off putting. They won’t even understand the purpose of a hidden stat like glicko…

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

EotM matches are 4 hours. That’s too long. We need 2 hour matches, good rewards and match statistics.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch