So, the higher the elevation, the further a treb can fire...

in WvW

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

So why is it that I, as a Ranger, can be at the top of a cliff and see a fight below, but if I attempt to shoot anyone I get an out of range message? Does gravity not work on arrows in GW2? I could DROP and arrow and be guaranteed it will hit the ground, so how can anything be “out of range” straight down.

in WvW

Posted by: Fyrestrom.3094

Fyrestrom.3094

A little something called “balance”.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Projectiles despawn after a set range, for example my fireballs can with some aiming hit about 1500 away (tooltip range is 1200, iirc). Any further and it despawns. So you do get some additional range from a higher elevation, but not infinitely so.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Projectiles despawn after a set range, for example my fireballs can with some aiming hit about 1500 away (tooltip range is 1200, iirc). Any further and it despawns. So you do get some additional range from a higher elevation, but not infinitely so.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Do you know about “weight”, right? With an actual physics your ranger abilities should work worse because of lack of weight arrows have, wind and such silly thing as gravitation.

in WvW

Posted by: Sisho.5431

Sisho.5431

Just so you guys realize, in Guild Wars 1 arrows did fly further if you were up on ledges and such, and arrows CAN fly further in real life as well when firing from higher up. Generally the reason why in medieval times archers didn’t stand on a flat plain and fire >.>

The guy isn’t talking about making arrows fly over 2000 range or anything, but yeah they should be able to go a bit further depending on height.

Level 80 Elementalist/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer
Leader and founder of [BIO] on Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

They do fly further, but power decreases with range.

But ok, you kinda right with a possibility to just drop an arrow from height and it will do at least some damage to things below. Then I demand an infinity range for magic =P

in WvW

Posted by: Elfez.2613

Elfez.2613

I find this most annoying when it comes to firing Barrage (so not aimed as such, just area arrow spam) from an elevated point: I often can’t fire down at enemies, but they can quite happily fire AOE up at where I’m standing.

This can be mitigated in some circumstances by jumping on to the ledge of a parapet, but that doesn’t always work.

It would be nice to have this somewhat illogical situation fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

If arrows worked like that, Longbow Ranger would party up and camp high spots just to snipe targets

I hit 5k-6k Longshots in WvWvW

With +3 ranger and propper timing we could kill a target in 3s or less

Snipers team

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land