So this is boring

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I play on SoS, and this week we are against maguuma and FA while losing pretty hard. For the first two day (Friday and Saturday) we hung in there, but by Sunday the server had apparently given up and the past two days have been totally dead. Nobody ever thought we would be competitive in the matchup and this has caused most of the server to take the week off.

Two days of action and now apparently 5 days of retaking towers when the other servers are done with them. And that’s boring.

Alpine is less roamer friendly than Desert, so even that’s boring.

Wasn’t the idea of server linking to put most servers on at least an even footing? The numbers game here isn’t working.

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I’m all about learning experiences, re-evaluating procedures and protocols, collaborating with fellow gamers, and creating a better experience for everyone but seeing a game mode in beta close to 4 years in is alarming.

I don’t treat emergency situations as learning experiences. These guys better get it together at anet or the ship will sink.

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

I’m all about learning experiences, re-evaluating procedures and protocols, collaborating with fellow gamers, and creating a better experience for everyone but seeing a game mode in beta close to 4 years in is alarming.

I don’t treat emergency situations as learning experiences. These guys better get it together at anet or the ship will sink.

Lol…your statement made me recall another game that has been in Beta for the longest time, MechWarrior Online. The real content took years to roll out, and last I saw they were still tweaking community warfare, which was supposed to be the centerpiece of MWO, but Piranha Games is still alive, as is the MWO title. From my perspective in playing and waiting for content in MWO, Anet has it much more together than Piranha.

So this is boring

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

I play on SoS, and this week we are against maguuma and FA while losing pretty hard. For the first two day (Friday and Saturday) we hung in there, but by Sunday the server had apparently given up and the past two days have been totally dead. Nobody ever thought we would be competitive in the matchup and this has caused most of the server to take the week off.

Two days of action and now apparently 5 days of retaking towers when the other servers are done with them. And that’s boring.

Wasn’t the idea of server linking to put most servers on at least an even footing? The numbers game here isn’t working.

I’m on SoS/GoM, too, and have noticed as of Sunday the drop in our paired server’s participation. I’ve actually seen more familiar faces from GoM lately than the larger SoS guilds.

Perhaps when the smaller incremental scoring is implemented and servers don’t end up as far apart and have a chance at catching up, and the night-capping points not being so lopsided, then it might keep players interested in continuing the fight rather than giving up once a 20-40k point spread exists after 3 days.

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

I’m on SoS/GoM, too, and have noticed as of Sunday the drop in our paired server’s participation. I’ve actually seen more familiar faces from GoM lately than the larger SoS guilds.

Perhaps when the smaller incremental scoring is implemented and servers don’t end up as far apart and have a chance at catching up, and the night-capping points not being so lopsided, then it might keep players interested in continuing the fight rather than giving up once a 20-40k point spread exists after 3 days.

pretty sure many SoS players don’t like being paired to GoM and simply don’t play or afk in spawn until more SoS commanders show up.

So this is boring

in WvW

Hesacon.8735

I think that’s just it, after 3 days being so far behind with knowledge having played the other servers many times that there is no coming back; most people give up for the week.

pretty sure many SoS players don’t like being paired to GoM and simply don’t play or afk in spawn until more SoS commanders show up.

I like the GoM commanders.

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

try being in t1 where BG has the week wrapped up Saturday…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Synergy, I’m a SoS player and although I can only speak 100% for myself, I believe the gist of what you say for many is incorrect. I personally GREATLY appreciate all that GoM has brought to the table since the pairing – with commanders and players.

And as a matter of fact, I’ve been following GoM commanders almost as much as SoS commanders, especially lately. And, I agree – for the last 10 days or so, there seems to be more GoM commanders tagging up. Some of these fine folks I know are GoM commanders; others are unknown names to me, so they’re either new to commanding and/or could be from GoM. (Note: I’ve been on SoS for over 1.5 years, so I know most of the regular SoS commanders.) Regardless, I think we’re missing people on SoM (SoS/GoM) as of late due to other games being in beta/general release. (Some folks have told me that’s what they’ve been doing.)

GoM – Hat’s off to you! I’m glad we’re paired! And I’ll follow your commanders into Mag’s garri… any day of the week! (And I promise to “try” and stay on tag! )

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

Synergy, I’m a SoS player and although I can only speak 100% for myself, I believe the gist of what you say for many is incorrect. I personally GREATLY appreciate all that GoM has brought to the table since the pairing – with commanders and players.

And as a matter of fact, I’ve been following GoM commanders almost as much as SoS commanders, especially lately. And, I agree – for the last 10 days or so, there seems to be more GoM commanders tagging up. Some of these fine folks I know are GoM commanders; others are unknown names to me, so they’re either new to commanding and/or could be from GoM. (Note: I’ve been on SoS for over 1.5 years, so I know most of the regular SoS commanders.) Regardless, I think we’re missing people on SoM (SoS/GoM) as of late due to other games being in beta/general release. (Some folks have told me that’s what they’ve been doing.)

GoM – Hat’s off to you! I’m glad we’re paired! And I’ll follow your commanders into Mag’s garri… any day of the week! (And I promise to “try” and stay on tag! )

I’m not saying the whole SoS server hates GoM. We actually played with many SoS players and they were great people. I tend to log on a bit late on reset and at random times when there’s queue and after everyone has set off from spawn I’d notice people just sitting around doing nothing and in say chat would talk about how they are waiting until their guild gets in from the queue and/or a SoS commander. Meanwhile we’re getting outnumbered with one tag and 30ish people following, with no havoc group at all capping anything on the map. So people are either afk and/or dueling.

Also had an instance on a quiet night with few people in EB where a SoS commander logged into EB late, over tagged, spammed join SoS TS and join his squad. Everyone who wasn’t on GoM pretty much quit the TS and squad and switched over which was fine. But 2 minutes later he told everyone to go to another map.

(edited by synergy.5809)

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

A lot of the GoM commanders seemed to pull back a bit after the link at first. Maybe deferring a bit to SoS commanders and maybe getting used to new tactics and the idea of leading blobvblob.

It’s nice to see more of them tagging up lately. Probably starting to feel more comfortable or noticing the lack of tags. GoM has a lot of good/fun pugmanders/havoc tags…really useful for low and disorganized numbers. Also a few good guild commanders from TM/Bliss/ART/etc/etc.

Maybe we’ll get a more favorable matchup next week and get things rolling again. Between the two servers we should have enough commanders to have tags just about everywhere.

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

There’s always roaming opportunities. There’s never 100% map coverage. I don’t understand how it’s worse for roaming now

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

So this is boring

in WvW

Hesacon.8735

There’s still value into fighting for #2. Last week second place wasn’t decided in T3 until Friday.

A lot of the GoM commanders seemed to pull back a bit after the link at first. Maybe deferring a bit to SoS commanders and maybe getting used to new tactics and the idea of leading blobvblob.

It’s nice to see more of them tagging up lately. Probably starting to feel more comfortable or noticing the lack of tags. GoM has a lot of good/fun pugmanders/havoc tags…really useful for low and disorganized numbers. Also a few good guild commanders from TM/Bliss/ART/etc/etc.

Maybe we’ll get a more favorable matchup next week and get things rolling again. Between the two servers we should have enough commanders to have tags just about everywhere.

I think GoM commanders have done a great job adapting. GoM also has a different coverage than SoS had/has. SoS is light on NA vs. other servers and GoM makes up for that to some degree.

There’s always roaming opportunities. There’s never 100% map coverage. I don’t understand how it’s worse for roaming now

Falling damage everywhere. I know people hated on Desert for lack of mobility, but that was corrected and it was easier to traverse than Alpine. Alpine’s citadel has to be the worst feature of the map, once you get south of the garrison it’s fine, but north of it? Pain in the kitten .

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Nightcapping makes up about 90% of SoS’s score. The scoring change is going to hit your server way harder than most.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

So this is boring

in WvW

Hesacon.8735

It will, because not being able to be on from 8pm to midnight EDT makes one a second class citizen.

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Dlarnkk.1068

Dlarnkk.1068

The world linking was designed to help utilize grouping, and causing the worlds to be more lively again, after it’s decrease. The WvW developers was seeking for a solution to remedy the population, and give it a great boost in numbers over the map.

They decided by world linking. For the first course, and second course of this week. Everyone’ll be disorientated, confused, and trying to figure out how to coordinate, and communicate. Some world pairings got together faster than other world pairing, while some argues, and bickers.

Of course that’ll change eventually, and they’ll learn to accept each others. Another thread called it great idea, and yet calls it poor execution.

Let not forget that if you’re born in United state. Your grandparent, or yourself if you’re very old, underwent the change yourself. Gradually accepting someone of a different side. We’ll eventually accept this other world, since we fought them alot. Now we’re just pals fighting another enemy together.

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

It will, because not being able to be on from 8pm to midnight EDT makes one a second class citizen.

Well the alternative is for things to remain the same where your night crew carries the server through ppt, forcing you into matches like the current one where you all don’t stand a chance and people get so demoralized they rage quit the game.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Arsoras.4058

Arsoras.4058

Nightcapping makes up about 90% of SoS’s score. The scoring change is going to hit your server way harder than most.

^ This. Also seems to me like GoM is one of the best servers to get paired with tbh.

Maguuman – Professional Casual
[Oath] [VR] [PA] and some other baddies in the past.

(edited by Arsoras.4058)

So this is boring

in WvW

Reh.5986

From what I’m seeing we lose every week anyway. Just slowing the score down will probably more than compensate.

Aside from that I just want more even fights. I don’t care for capping empty stuff and I don’t care for getting our keep flipped 6 times a day because we have 5 to 10 defenders and the 60 to 70 man horde has three times that just in staff eles.

This is a beta though so I guess we’ll see what anet does with it eventually.

So this is boring

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

Thanks for all the GoM compliments! I’ve enjoyed teaming up with SoS and following their commanders as well!

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

The linking needs a bit of work. All they did in NA was link the servers backwards. Highest population gets the lowest. Second highest population gets the second lowest. Etc. Etc.

There wasn’t anything else taken into account. Nothing like BG or TC having a very strong WvW presence and servers like Maguuma or JQ not having many at all. I think both Maguuma and JQ have maybe 2 or 3 guilds that run regularly and the rest are just pugs, however they are also marked as full like BG or TC. Its getting pretty boring and lame. I’m in a GvG guild that is stuck having to pull in pugs because we can’t fight the numbers on other servers. Then we drop down in rank and stomp everyone because they aren’t used to the fighting. Its rather frustrating.

Maguuma Guardian

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hi

Another SOS player here, just thought I’d comment a bit on some stuff, give some examples, some other info and whatnot.

First off, thank you to all the GOM players, you guys are good sports and pretty cool to play with. there are a few kinks which I am sure can be worked out.

SOS right now is indeed in its repetative down cycle which goes something roughly like this:
1. 2-3 guilds come to or form on SOS and start running raids, everything is fine and dandy, figths are awesome. This is currently the case, except they have recruited not just SOS but some GOM players too.
2. They recruit from the people they run with etc. Make the fights even better, WVW picks up in overall quality.
3. The said guilds start running closed / private raids.
4. In addition to #3, people do simply take breaks or become very casual, that is also currently the case since we have been running heavily since the patches started.
5. People left in WVW start showing up less, or show up for just fraction of the time due to lack of raids, all the PUGs basically leave WVW because tehre is nothing to do there except run in groups of 10-20 text based into organized map blobs and repeatedly wipe.
6. Once the pugs leave the private raid guilds die out due to lack of players to recruit or transfer out before that happens.
7. SOS WVW is basically almost empty except occasional raid here and there and some roamers.

That is the SOS pattern since for freagin ever. Basically, pure fight guilds form then die as the pugs leave and people take breaks, then there is hardly anyone left in WVW.

Now we have linked servers and you guys from GOM are seeing this happen.

That all said, there is always room for improvement, for example, last sunday, for half a day I was in WVW, we had a raid of 40ish vs double map ques or pretty close to it, so it was hard for us, but to boot, there were only about 5-10 (about 7-8 most of the time) of us on TS at any time of the raid despite giving out the info all the time, so we were unable to coordinate and win any fights vs the FA and MAG organised groups. In addition, most of the people that were following the tag were running some sort of PVEish zerker builds falling over when breathed on funny or completely unable to do push when needed, another words, out overall quality sucked major kitten . This goes equally towards SOS and GOM alike as it was a mix of both. Remember, you no longer have a decent support core to carry that as those people have gone to the private guilds and are gone.

Consequently after couple days of this everyone stopped logging in. Private raid guilds can’t cause there are no call outs for them etc. cause there is hardly anyone left to do so, so they have no fights like they want, pugs are gone cause sick and tired of getting constantly rolled over due to lack of support from the guilds, etc.

It is sad, but it is a very distinct and repeated pattern. If more people got on TS, ran a bit better builds and the guilds would stay at least somewhat open, things would be different. But unfortunately, that is just not the case. Last guild I see on SOS that still runs open raids on NA prime is Rx, hats off to them for their persistance and sticking it out through thick and thin.

Things will get better eventually, but that may be a long while until new guilds that can take turns at leading server raids come into play.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

SoS has ticked under 100 once since this match started. Compare that to FA which has seen hours of sub 100 ticking. A few hours ago SoS was rampaging around EBG with a T3 SM. Even the total score put SoS around 25k from second place which is by no means a blow out.

Sure getting beat by numbers in NA prime isn’t the most fun but it isn’t like this match has gotten away from your server. SoS doesn’t even really have many dead spots. Log on to FA during a dead spot when you can count the number of players across all maps on your fingers and toes with no commanders while the two other servers are raging with 30+ man blobs… that sucks. I don’t think FA even has a keep WP right now.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Sapphirah.6234

Lady Sapphirah.6234

Some of our drivers are away atm. It is great to have GoM with SoS… been having a blast and good fights since the merger thingy… just this past couple of weeks it has been slack due to coms taking a break. Thanks GoM guys for helping and leading as well

(edited by Lady Sapphirah.6234)

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Log on to FA during a dead spot when you can count the number of players across all maps on your fingers and toes with no commanders while the two other servers are raging with 30+ man blobs… that sucks. I don’t think FA even has a keep WP right now.

That sounds like Darkhaven atm. If I have to wait 2 more months to get out of this major outnumbered spot we’re in, I might start using my alt and put my main down till things are worked out in 2018. At least we have Overwatch now bois….

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

There’s still value into fighting for #2. Last week second place wasn’t decided in T3 until Friday.

I think GoM commanders have done a great job adapting. GoM also has a different coverage than SoS had/has. SoS is light on NA vs. other servers and GoM makes up for that to some degree.

Falling damage everywhere. I know people hated on Desert for lack of mobility, but that was corrected and it was easier to traverse than Alpine. Alpine’s citadel has to be the worst feature of the map, once you get south of the garrison it’s fine, but north of it? Pain in the kitten .

I agree and was hoping to see the safe area greatly shrunk so we could fight in the city rather than it being empty fluff.

So this is boring

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

SoS has ticked under 100 once since this match started. Compare that to FA which has seen hours of sub 100 ticking. A few hours ago SoS was rampaging around EBG with a T3 SM. Even the total score put SoS around 25k from second place which is by no means a blow out.

Sure getting beat by numbers in NA prime isn’t the most fun but it isn’t like this match has gotten away from your server. SoS doesn’t even really have many dead spots. Log on to FA during a dead spot when you can count the number of players across all maps on your fingers and toes with no commanders while the two other servers are raging with 30+ man blobs… that sucks. I don’t think FA even has a keep WP right now.

Well, looks like FA is going to end up close to 40k higher than SoS, so yeah, the deficit was non-recoverable.

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Yeah timezones and coverage wars is lame huh. Just want to log in and play/get fights. Hopefully the new low cap worlds and linking will help us all out, if they decide to do it.

JQ subsidiary

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Does anyone know if there Server linking is actually basing it’s stats of active average wvw population across the week. Or is it just overall server pops?

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Well, looks like FA is going to end up close to 40k higher than SoS, so yeah, the deficit was non-recoverable.

As I noted SoS only had a handful (three I believe) ticks that fell below 100. That basically means SoS had some force on some set of maps most of the time. Even though they lost the PPT to Mag and FA during peak hours, SoS never really had any stagnant hours or terrible times to log in.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

So this is boring

in WvW

Reh.5986

As I noted SoS only had a handful (three I believe) ticks that fell below 100. That basically means SoS had some force on some set of maps most of the time. Even though they lost the PPT to Mag and FA during peak hours, SoS never really had any stagnant hours or terrible times to log in.

Naw just means a handful of us lunatics were back capping stuff like mad. Back capping is boring as hell though. Will admit to finding some decent camp fights while the opposing blobs were ktraining our stuff.

Most times we’d try to get everything flipped back right off ri. It’s the only way to stay close but then you get punished for the effort in the next matchup anyway.

Some of it was our fault though. Seems like a lot of people saw the matchup and decided to take the week off…making bad numbers worse.

So this is boring

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Does anyone know if there Server linking is actually basing it’s stats of active average wvw population across the week. Or is it just overall server pops?

for na it was bare bones simple rank 1 + 24, rank 2 + 23, rank 3 + 22 etc. That in itself was far too simplistic. What made it worse was the links were made before the true effect of pop movement / returning pop right before and after patch drop had a few weeks to sort servers out… BG, DB, and maybe Tc gained peeps. Jq and Yb lost peeps.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB