So we get Armor and only Invader Jewelry

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

The Karma gear in Orr is not only easier, and faster to get, compared to the costs of the new armor we can get from badges AND GOLD, but we don’t get access to Jewelry, except Invaders Jewelry.

I would like to think they forgot to give us our Ascended merchants, but at this point in time I just can’t tell.

This patch has been a major let down, and now I’ll have to replace my Karma Armor I purchased, for badge armor, just so I can buy the Karma jewelry.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: lemora.1304

lemora.1304

Don’t worry, you can always get lv 70 exotics with (slightly) lower badge cost than before! /sarcasm
These new armor skins are also a huge let down.We can get those skins anywhere else. Why must Anet force us into dungeons in order to get the dungeons skins? I hate dungeons!

Lv 80 Guardian , Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer and Mesmer
[GoF] of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

A majority of that armor wasn’t available via karma. Karma should always be the easiest way to get armor…. i mean it’s worthless for anything else and you have it stockpiled. That’s like saying it’s easier to waypoint than to run somewhere. I’m glad they put it in to fill the gaps (cloth rabid chest piece = 20g on tp or farming a dungeon, boots = 10g last i checked). It would’ve been nice to see decent skins, and ascended gear… but it’s a start I guess… and i’m pretty much done getting ascended on my main (QQ for my other 7 alts).

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yeah I like what they’ve done with the armor and the armor skins although I think the amount of badges required is still a bit too much but I’ll be using to fill in the blanks rather than outfitting a character fully using it.

But the lack of jewelry options is a clear oversight.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Joriel.1530

Joriel.1530

how many badges we’re talking about?
edited, k i checked 950 for set, i think its reasonable, i could get 3 sets with the badges i got, and i got a job…

i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz | GTX 780 | 8GB GSKILL RAM @ 1866mhz

(edited by Joriel.1530)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

how many badges we’re talking about?
edited, k i checked 950 for set, i think its reasonable, i could get 3 sets with the badges i got, and i got a job…

Yah i could get about 4 sets myself. But thats because ive been playing WvW for over 6 months. Daily, pretty hardcore. And with a lowered badge cost.

Suddenly its just three sets, compared to the time investment of getting a set of gear through PvE. Which comes with runes, better looks, the stats you like. And instead of costing gold (like WvW needed another goldsink…) you earn gold while getting your set.

“Its a start”
What?! 8 months down the line and all we got was “a start”? When they pushed out an entire new tier, with proper vendor and enhancement support, unique models and whatnot after just 4 months. Another 4 months wasnt enough to add a simple NPC to WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: aathomas.4638

aathomas.4638

I think they did an amazing job with the WvW armor. If you solely lvled your toon in WvW by the time you hit lvl 80 you would easily have enough badges and gold to instantly buy a full set of exotic armor. Also its a good way to get access to previously dungeon only armor stats you can’t craft. The badge cost of the armor is also greatly reduced from before the patch.

Grumpy Jugo
[AZRG]
Dragonbrand