So we like don't change colors any more?

in WvW

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I don’t really visit this forum much, and I’m not really interested in trying to use their handicapped searching (something -site:blahblah -grep -pewpew /prices /erflik —++QQ 1!ELEVEN2?TWO), so apologize if this has been asked and answered.

We don’t change colors any more? Like the past two months, my server (eBay) has been red. Before that, there was a nice long stretch where our color changed almost every week, with the occasional back-to-back same color weeks.

Is that an intentional change, or just something about their matching and color assignment system that has got us stuck in some sort of rut? Should there be some sort of ‘courtesy color’ change built into the system?

in WvW

Posted by: Togo.7094

Togo.7094

I think it has something to do with your worlds current rank in the tier you are in. so if your servers rank hasn’t changed then neither does the color.

in WvW

notebene.3190

Except I thought they used to change it around based on matching us up above and below our ‘set’ group of 3 closest to us in ranking?

So like this

We are 12, so normally we’d match against 10 and 11, which we are this week, and 10 and 11 are switched, but we’re still in the 12 ‘red’ spot.

I’ve seen other weeks where we might be fighting the 13,14 folks (I think?), or maybe just one of them and one in our bracket, and again, we’re red.

There’s gotta be some sort of insurance plan to knock you out into some blue or green spaces, regardless of who you are matched up with that week, if you’ve had a streak of ‘n’ reds in a row?

in WvW

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Your weekly position is based on your Glicko +/- a random number… up to 100, I think? Maybe it’s smaller, that seems too big.

So, for example, Ebay’s 1489 glicko could have been adjusted up to 1564 making them blue for the week.

You’ll notice the randomization take effect more when you’re closer in glicko to other servers. Since Ebay is ~50 behind NSP and about 80 ahead of DB, they’re not switching much.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in WvW

notebene.3190

Ah, OK. Thanks, that’s interesting.

We need some bigger Geico swings.

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Same here but ours won’t change. ET is always gonna be smaller than us so they are red. We are the middle server so we are blue. Then whichever incredibly more populated server they put us against is always green.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Except I thought they used to change it around based on matching us up above and below our ‘set’ group of 3 closest to us in ranking?

I think they stopped using that alternating maps when World Completion no longer required WvW POIs and vistas. That was the main reason they did the rotation to start.

BTW, Red on EB is best slot — it’s the only one that is able to treb SM directly from the keep.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

BTW, Red on EB is best slot — it’s the only one that is able to treb SM directly from the keep.

The red keep is also raised on a hill, making it more difficult to attack and much easier to defend.

Being in range of all surrounding towers except Mendon’s also helps. It’s commanding position means it is more able to support them with trebs or take down their walls for a force to retake. That makes being red a significant advantage if the sides are otherwise roughly equal.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I disagree with both of you, Jayne and Serious:
Yes you can treb SM from the Red Keep but it can also be trebbed from SM and trying to get that treb out might be difficult as usually the strongest server holds it.
And yes it’s on a hill and there’s a hill opposing it – perfect for 8 trebs and 16 catas, leaving you no chance. But on the plus side, wasn’t that keep the only keep where you can’t reach both gates with one set of rams?
My favourite Keep is Blue Keep, but I think Green Keep might be the easiest to defend.

Edit: OP, I kind of feel you, we’ve been blue on IoJ (when I was there) for at least 3 months. Had the negative side effect that afterwards I ran into all blue camps to grab supply – took a while until I noticed that it wasn’t ours.

Edit²: Surrounding towers and defensive siege from the Keep:
Red Keep: you can defend OW, Vel, Anz. Keep can be trebbed from Mendons, but not the other way around.
Blue Keep: You can defend Langor and Bravo, not Durios, not QL.
Green Keep: You can defend Jerri, Aldons and Klovan, and probably WC if you’re fast and smart. You can also do a lot with some trebs in Jerri.

(edited by Jana.6831)