So what's the deal with the lag?

in WvW

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Just since the new match-up started, lag has been much worse than usual…at least for our server. I’m on Borlis Pass, currently matched up against IoJ and DB. Since this new match started, many people (including me) are experiencing excessive lag in terms of skill lag, warping and long pauses in the game before it “catches up”. Many people are also disconnecting regularly.

WvW is almost unplayable for me at the moment…it’s very difficult to have any kind of fight when things keep pausing for 3-5 seconds at a time and then warping instantly to new locations. Getting disconnected (just happened again a minute ago) regularly also doesn’t help.

As far as I can tell, this is only occurring in WvW, not in PvE (at least not out in the open world where I’ve been).

Did the hamsters inside our server get tired? Do they need some red bull?

in WvW

Posted by: jonwar.4186

jonwar.4186

Im on isle of janthir. fighting you guys at your garrison last night then having dragonbrand show up caused so much lag and disconnects for alot of us that were there. it was utterly unplayable. something hit me, my game froze for 20 seconds( I counted) when it unfroze i was dead and didnt see how or by what.

p.s. the server maintence announcenment was a nice “lol” factor on our teamspeak too. because you know, that would totally fix the lag issues that were occuring at the time. Anyway, I feel your pain and no offense but I’m glad we werent the only ones suffering from it.

Sword Dagger Thief
Ferguson’s Crossing [MAIN]

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

I experienced this problem since friday. It was weird, not only did it affect wvw, but also pve, dungeons, fractals and spvp. But it seems okay now. Weird indeed.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

The lag and disconnects have continued…it seems to be isolated to the Borlis Pass Borderlands map, however. I can play fine in EB or other borderlands.

To the other servers (IoJ and DB), are you only getting lag / disconnects on BPBL?

in WvW

Posted by: Jharkin.9357

Jharkin.9357

To the other servers (IoJ and DB), are you only getting lag / disconnects on BPBL?

It’s only on BPBL, which is a pretty big advantage. Whenever IOJ sends a group over there half of them disconnect and go somewhere else. We had a 20+ omega rush of bay and only 10 of the original pilots actually made it to the gates. There was a different incident in EB this matchup where the game crashed for our entire zerg, while the enemy zerg remained online.

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Me and some other from my guild have experienced lag spikes, its completely random and unexpected, it can last for almost 10 seconds in my case

in WvW

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.4320

TheLaughingMan.4320

anet is broke as kitten, on t1 servers with the 3 servers fighting, skill lag gets terrible.

Anet knows about it, and just won’t spend the money to upgrade servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Equinox.4195

Equinox.4195

We were experiencing the same problem trying to find fights tonight. Everywhere we went and every group we fought there was horrendous skill lag. It was nearly unplayable. Normal fights were on-par with 3-way SMC battles in terms of the lag.

Equinox the Undying – Thug Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/EPEquinox

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

because the servers are processing too many mesmers rain…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Equinox.4195

Equinox.4195

We raided AFTER the quick-patch for the mesmer bug….

And I’m still experiencing it now in WvW. Is this going to be patched before Leagues?
Hopefully it’s patched before the GvG we have planned for tonight or tomorrow.

Equinox the Undying – Thug Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/EPEquinox