So, where should the rest of DB move to?

in WvW

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Post best servers to bandwagon to please, DB is royally destroyed. Bonus points for maguuma appearance!

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Don’t transfer. I have only called one server home in GW2 since launch, and that has been SBI. We dropped just like you are dropping, but I stayed. Whether you are #1 or #15, it doesn’t really matter, you can still have good fights and fun in WvW. I remember, before the random mathups, facing mag and cd alot, and even though mag won all the time, it was fun, and we had some epic battles. cd and us would switch between 2nd and 3rd place alot in those days.

So, don’t waste the gold to transfer servers. You will eventually settle out into a spot, and have some great fights. Who knows, maybe in the future, guilds will transfer to your server and you will once again move up the ladder.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Post best servers to bandwagon to please, DB is royally destroyed. Bonus points for maguuma appearance!

You are on a server that was nicknamed dragonbrandwagon and now that people are running away from it, you are surprised?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

FC

no wait
we chase bandwagoners out cuz they think theyre better than us

you could always just uninstall en masse, then no one has to deal with bandwagons. better for everyone.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Any Tier 1 or SBI.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: tanachiouz.7628

tanachiouz.7628

Runescape……………

[RAGE]Emberz Bladeswift FA

in WvW

Posted by: tanachiouz.7628

tanachiouz.7628

anywhere but FA plz we have no desire want or need for fairweathers plz transfer to tier 1 with the rest of your failures

[RAGE]Emberz Bladeswift FA

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Obligatory Maguuma appearance :P

Honestly, go to a stable server of the tier you want fights in unless you want to do the same thing over and over. So definitely don’t put league ranks/manipulation into the consideration because that’s a guaranteed bandwagon.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Seems like DB is in a good spot for silver league, should be about the middle of the league. Lots of target rich match-ups and a good chance at a balanced match or two.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Seems like DB is in a good spot for silver league, should be about the middle of the league. Lots of target rich match-ups and a good chance at a balanced match or two.

Exactly this. DB is weakened, but nowhere near dead. Their SEA is probably still unmatched in silver league for one.

DB will be in a much better place once leagues start and they stop rolling rank 6 and above servers.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Runescape……………

Your posting should be banned. That just isn’t funny.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

pretty sure sbi gathered entire bandwagon population..

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Runescape……………

I see your Runescape. And raise you a Club Penguin.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in WvW

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

SBI! SBI! SBI!

Please go to SBI if you just want to bandwagon and not contribute to a community.

noice

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

SBI is probably the best bandwagon server right now as they are clearly worthy of Gold League but a slew of low ranked matchups over the last few weeks has kept them artificially low. They will win every week in Silver league.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

If you want constant action around the clock then JQ is the server for you! We have been fighting outmanned ever since we entered T1 but we have stayed strong through it all. Currently we are sorely lacking everything outside of NA prime time to be even on a remotely close level with BG and SoR in the upcoming leagues, but if you are NA I’m sure we can fit you in to.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Asguard.4621

Asguard.4621

Be like the other bandwagons and go T1 with leagues starting its going to be a easy ride to the top with whoever has the most bloated population.

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

DB has certainly been hit by a number of guilds leaving…but frankly I would hardly say destroyed lol. Transfer to some of the bottom tiers and pop into WvW

Right now we’ve had some tough roll’s with the RNG getting matched up well out of our league, but we are still able to put up some fight against TC when we can muster it. Once we get matched up with a server more our WvW size right now it will make for a much more enjoyable matchup IMO.

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Borliss Pass!

1. Transfers to Borliss are currently on sale.

2. Borliss will be competitive in its league but not so competitive that your efforts will not be instantly respected.

3. Borliss has a good active population but it still needs to be organized into true WvW guilds. Your guild could grow!

4. Borliss has all the amenities that everybody expects a legit sever to have.

5. Go to a website that tracks WvW rankings, look at the upward arrow trend line. The last time Borliss outright lost a matchup (3rd place) was way back in August. Who was dominating that matchup? Oh yeah it was Dragonbrand.

6. Remember two weeks ago when everybody was saying that people on Borliss should transfer because we would be #12 in the 12 server league. Who transferred? Nobody. People were saying the server should try to tank, but who tanked? Nobody. This server has the right kind of agressive stupidity to win wars.

7. But forget about real wars, who has the best forum warriors? Obviously Borliss Pass. Just look at any of our old fight threads, especially ones involving Emhry Bay.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

What is wrong here?

The perception that transferring is a bad thing.

Why is this wrong?

Because any player, who bought this game with his own money, can do with it as he will.

And any player of whom no longer likes the environment or community should be able to move for greener pastures.

You will eventually find a place where you will fit in. And I am sure those who transferred to or off DB would be so.

So, instead of QQ as to why your acquaintances left a server for another server or even another game, simply think of what to do about it; so the remaining will stay, and also new transfers will come.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

What is wrong here?

Why is this wrong?

Because any player, who bought this game with his own money, can do with it as he will.

That’s so generic a reason that you might as well say there is no right or wrong and nothing has meaning and nothing should ever be discussed.

14 months of growing population inequality between last place and first place is wrong and it’s wrong it should continue. You think it’s right that the population difference between tier 1 and TC is so huge? That the difference between TC and ranks 5 and 6 is so huge? Do you think it is not wrong that the situation only gets worse every month?

There’s different directions for the game, trends, and some things can be right and wrong or well, kinda meh, heh, but being “people bought the game so they can do whatever” is just careless. The game has systems and incentives in it and we can judge and debate those systems based on the pros and cons. I mean, what else are these forums for? And what else are hobbies for?

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

What is wrong here?

Why is this wrong?

That’s so generic a reason that you might as well say there is no right or wrong and nothing has meaning and nothing should ever be discussed.

14 months of growing population inequality between last place and first place is wrong and it’s wrong it should continue. You think it’s right that the population difference between tier 1 and TC is so huge? That the difference between TC and ranks 5 and 6 is so huge? Do you think it is not wrong that the situation only gets worse every month?

There’s different directions for the game, trends, and some things can be right and wrong or well, kinda meh, heh, but being “people bought the game so they can do whatever” is just careless. The game has systems and incentives in it and we can judge and debate those systems based on the pros and cons. I mean, what else are these forums for? And what else are hobbies for?

1. I am entitled to my thoughts and opinion kitten are you. So, I shared it here in the forums. Whether you agree with it or not is up to you.

2. I think it bad game design. But those questions are not related to my reply to you but something you concluded on your own.

3. But that’s the truth, people can do as they wish. Play the game by the rules or quit or change. It is a choice. And as for things, you simply add meaning to it based on your own perception of things. A rock can be worth 100m to someone and trash to another.

4. Sticking to the topic, based on our current game system, simply make a home for your community and they will stay. Or you might go with them. As such are hobbies, you mustn’t treat it as work.

5. We use these forums so the devs will learn how to make a good game. But in the process there will be opinions like yours and mine which will not agree on things. Got to learn to accept that.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

What is wrong here?

Why is this wrong?

1. I am entitled to my thoughts and opinion kitten are you. So, I shared it here in the forums. Whether you agree with it or not is up to you.

2. I think it bad game design. But those questions are not related to my reply to you but something you concluded on your own.

3. But that’s the truth, people can do as they wish. Play the game by the rules or quit or change. It is a choice. And as for things, you simply add meaning to it based on your own perception of things. A rock can be worth 100m to someone and trash to another.

4. Sticking to the topic, based on our current game system, simply make a home for your community and they will stay. Or you might go with them. As such are hobbies, you mustn’t treat it as work.

5. We use these forums so the devs will learn how to make a good game. But in the process there will be opinions like yours and mine which will not agree on things. Got to learn to accept that.

I accept that, of course. I just wanted to give a counter opinion on whether transfers a problem. I think they might be the biggest one WvW has.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

They should have made only 3 servers and these three will fight for being the top 1 and focused on a bigger open world pvp with lots of maps. It would be awesome!!!

Consolidate all servers into three, then allow players to choose which they’ll join for free.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Wherever you want to make a home at I would assume.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

What is wrong here?

Why is this wrong?

Transferring is not bad, bandwagoning is bad. They are free to do with the game as they will as it is their money, just as I am free to view them pathetic fails for doing it.

The motto of GW2 is ‘compete by getting bigger, not better’.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

Gotta love all the servers recommending SBI. xD They are still bitter, I guess.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

This is so wrong.

Folks on DB, rebuild and avoid the bandwagons. It’s a very long process (look at SoS) but it leads to more stability in the long run.
You still have a fairly strong server and once the feeling of “free fall” ends, you will regroup, your morale will return, and I think you’ll be a solid T3 server for a while; then you can try again at moving up.

Best of luck to all of you.

in WvW

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

DB has certainly been hit by a number of guilds leaving…but frankly I would hardly say destroyed lol. Transfer to some of the bottom tiers and pop into WvW

Right now we’ve had some tough roll’s with the RNG getting matched up well out of our league, but we are still able to put up some fight against TC when we can muster it. Once we get matched up with a server more our WvW size right now it will make for a much more enjoyable matchup IMO.

O-hai gama.

Yes indeed the rolls have been bad, but they’ve been bad for a really long while now. It’s gotten to a point where people generally give up and since hardcore guilds took their leave, what do we have? SEA was never an issue, although we lost a lot of hardcore SEA players, as well, but the lackluster NA due bandwagons created a terrible experience if you want to take the day long presence into account. Outmanned in own BL most of the time is just silly. People enjoy to come in more casually to WvW when there is something happening, unfortunately nothing has been for a long time and itll end up driving even the moderate WvWers out to PVE. Or bandwagon. Or quit game.

What a garbage situation.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in WvW

Posted by: Reiko.1560

Reiko.1560

Your drop isn’t even that bad… the people that stayed on HoD, ET, IoJ and even SBI had/has it worse.

I find this all amusing since your server laughed and taunted while spawn camping us many times… welcome to the club.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Once the “bandwagon taint” has washed off and you hit bottom, you can rebuild from there. You still have good SEA and your NA won’t be so outnumbered once you roll down a little.
As long as NNK and the rest of your SEA are willing to stick it out, you’ll have something good to build upon.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Tis pretty bad. It’s got to be at least 30vs1 anytime I’ve played non-peak times.

Reiko don’t see how it’s amusing… We had a pile of catholes jump on our server, put the locals off L.A. & WvW, and now they gone, leaving nothing but a mess… It’s funny cause the cathole’s that were mean to you, moved on and now get carried by another serv’s population? (I hear most even had there gem transfer given to them)
Or it’s funny because DB became toxic for doing good at WvW & the nice people now suffer?

in WvW

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

I’ve been on DB since the beginning (completely random, just what I happened to pick) and am considering transferring in anticipation of the leagues. I’m not a super avid WvW’er, but I ’ve played enough to know why people hate DB – the months and months of NA players waking up every morning to find entire maps turned overnight and enormous zergs (at one point!) during primetime. Wagonbrand and all that, I understand.

So everyone’s enjoying the fall, which is fine. For myself, it’s not that I mind losing as long as there are good fights to be had (not that the past few weeks of being spawn camped at 2:30 in the afternoon by no-lifers on the big three is much fun). It’s more that the environment in DB WvW has gotten really toxic. No one likes to lose, and no one likes losing because strong guilds bail on you. I get all that. But there’s way too much negativity for the experience to be fun. Map chat (and not just in WvW, Lion’s Arch too) used to be where people would say they needed more people or whatever; it’s turned into a non-stop whine fest. People don’t even really want to play together anymore, and it’s a crummy cycle – fewer people want to play, we get rolled more, less fun for all.

So all in all, still deciding between finding a place in T1 or picking a different server in T2.

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

pretty sure sbi gathered entire bandwagon population..

The bandwagon population is still on BG, JQ and SoR. At the end of free transfers most of them went to JQ and SoR. As time went on JQ slowly faded and BG poached some guilds from other servers (including SoS as the bandwagons jumped ship once it stopped being first place – it didn’t even need to drop out of T1 before some of the big guilds still currently in T1 left the place for the next WvW easy wins server). SoR and BG continued to get bandwagons in and eventually JQ toppled, but without free transfers not enough people could leave their comfortable first place server (but many of them did) and they took a distant third. More transfers, some from BG to JQ, more cannibalising of lower ranked servers to sustain the top tier position blah blah.

tl;dr the bandwagon population is in T1 already. Whatever is happening on SBI doesn’t come close to what happened and continues to happen every week on T1 servers. The score difference between SBI, Maguuma and FA is nothing compared the score difference between any T1 server or TC when they play against those servers.

Honestly DB is doing well in the current match (it’s only 30k poins below the 5th ranked server). It will likely do well in the silver league. Why would you leave a server in that position?

in WvW

Posted by: sas.6483

sas.6483

So all in all, still deciding between finding a place in T1 or picking a different server in T2.

I thought about this for a while too recently, after coming back from a work related break to find WvW on DB a wreck. I’m hesitant to leave, at least for the time being.

For transferring to a server that is stable and probably about what DB was a couple of months ago, the best choices seem to be Mag, FA or SoS. My guess is that at least one of those is going to be getting smashed every single week in gold league, and at least one will be facerolling nearly every week in silver, so good fights might be tough to come by. TC I thought about too, but my guess is they’ll be getting smashed nearly every week also and have worse queues. … speaking of which, will probably be a problem in any T1 server. I think that there will end up being a lot of people ending up disappointed with their transfer, no matter the froms and tos.

Then again, if you think the environment is toxic and if it’s “can such-and-such server be any worse than DB” instead of “will such-and-such server be better than DB,” it might be time to move or take a break. I can sort of see why you think that, no commanders on any map, constant 3-5 on 1 numbers against PvE geared DB militia vs organized and experienced TC WvW guilds, TC players who refuse to fight on the rare even player number matchups that happen, etc. does not make for a fun WvW experience. But I am guessing (hoping) that things will change soon enough. There are new commanders starting to pin up occasionally, and we’ll see how it goes. T1 and T2 will always be there and hungry for new players, there’s no rush.

- Dr Ebola

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I thought about this for a while too recently, after coming back from a work related break to find WvW on DB a wreck. I’m hesitant to leave, at least for the time being.

For transferring to a server that is stable and probably about what DB was a couple of months ago, the best choices seem to be Mag, FA or SoS. My guess is that at least one of those is going to be getting smashed every single week in gold league, and at least one will be facerolling nearly every week in silver, so good fights might be tough to come by. TC I thought about too, but my guess is they’ll be getting smashed nearly every week also and have worse queues. … speaking of which, will probably be a problem in any T1 server. I think that there will end up being a lot of people ending up disappointed with their transfer, no matter the froms and tos.

Then again, if you think the environment is toxic and if it’s “can such-and-such server be any worse than DB” instead of “will such-and-such server be better than DB,” it might be time to move or take a break. I can sort of see why you think that, no commanders on any map, constant 3-5 on 1 numbers against PvE geared DB militia vs organized and experienced TC WvW guilds, TC players who refuse to fight on the rare even player number matchups that happen, etc. does not make for a fun WvW experience. But I am guessing (hoping) that things will change soon enough. There are new commanders starting to pin up occasionally, and we’ll see how it goes. T1 and T2 will always be there and hungry for new players, there’s no rush.

hope for tc to endure the being smashed for weeks. im on fa and the t1 matchups have left quite the footprint on our morale. people are very tired after these intense matchups. jq’s smashing matchup was ver discouraging for us. we tried hard, but jq even bought a big na guild from us and stuff like this made us lose our fighting spirit a little.
im sure we will recover though.after all fa has ben smashed by tc for weeks in t3. i hope for tc to stay strong and hold out till the leagues are over. dont let t1 steal your good guilds.
i think fa is not logging in that much this week as we kinda need a vacation after jq. but when we are out in force we kick kitten. so if we drop to silver i wish for any t2 server that gets put in gold to hang in there.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood