So why don't ruins give any WXP?

in WvW

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Disregarding my opinion the bloodlust buff and the effect it gives (Which is something for another thread), why don’t you get WXP at all for the urines?

As a guy who spends most of his time roaming (I like good fights more than anything), it’s gonna take a lot of effort/time to catch up to others in terms of stuff like defence against guards. I also don’t feel any incentive to cap the ruins while roaming, I’d rather go kill people some more than stand there motionless for 30 seconds.

I guess it’s fair for actually capping the ruins to not give WXP because of the fast turnover time making them farmable, but I with a small 4 man team capped the whole thing while outnumbered – turning the bloodlust buff in a borderland to your team, ultimately the goal of the whole thing, also gives 0 WXP.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Official reason is the speed at which you can flip the ruins, giving wxp/karma etc would encourage farming/exploiting. Personally I think capping a point should give you a 1min swiftness buff. And I wouldn’t mind seeing a “mastery” line for ruins capping, to get buffs for killing enemies on a point/holding a point/etc and other benefits (faster capping maybe).

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I wouldn’t mind them if they added at the very least some Exp to capping it. This would make Up-Levels have a purpose to try and hold the ruins for their server, while also getting the chance to level up via WvW.

Basically, Up-Levels helping their server via Ruin capping, and getting some Levels in the process!

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

To easy to cap, 1 player cap it in 30-40sec with only standing there, so 2 players can walk in cap, walk out other cap and so on.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I think this needs to be rewarded at least a little. I mean fair enough its too quick to cap a point. But say if you capped a point which led to you earning the buff then you get WXP for doing so. And like they said, these buffs are very important for a server. People aren’t going to just let players take it. Its too important to keep.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

or give bonus wxp for a player kill in the runes.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

The build on October 1st is going to add WXP consumables to player kills, which should make a pretty sizable dent in this. It is the case that making the events themselves reward WXP is problematic at best because of how easily they cycle. All that said, we’ll make more adjustments as needed to make this a better place to play WvW. A bonus for kills in the area isn’t a bad idea at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

The build on October 1st is going to add WXP consumables to player kills, which should make a pretty sizable dent in this. It is the case that making the events themselves reward WXP is problematic at best because of how easily they cycle. All that said, we’ll make more adjustments as needed to make this a better place to play WvW. A bonus for kills in the area isn’t a bad idea at all.

Any update on when the Bloodlust stats will be removed?

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Any issues apart from wxp that you are going to address in communication with your community? So far wxp is the least of the issues that people are worried about. And its the only one you are communicating about. Is there a chance to address more pressing maters like Leagues and the buff itself?

in WvW

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

Lately all WvW has been is PvD for both the stacked and the underdog servers, so WXP cycles fast in a zerg (faster than in the ruins, unless you’re in T1). How would adding WXP consumables to player kills allow roamers to catch up to zergers in WXP when the zergers still most likely will kill more players and obtain the consumables too? The bonus to kills in ruins would be the better options.

PS Bloodlust is bad and snowballing stacked servers.
PPS WXP should be account bound. Stop being stubborn about this, coming up with convoluted methods and pretending that alts and non-zergers are treated equally in WvW.

(edited by Car.3805)

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Currently there is a buffer to prevent zergs farming each other from getting a tonne of Wxp because their Wxp value is far less the less time they’ve been alive. This helps to keep control of how much more Wxp zerging awards as opposed to focusing on objectives or small scale play.

If you award Wxp as an item drop, zerging will not only be able to capture objectives faster, but wiping other zergs will also be far more rewarding than small scale gameplay.

Roamers and small scale players that have no chance of getting loot from 20-50 man zergs will be left behind in the dust by this.

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

How about the liquid Wxp for badges you said was coming, is the also in this patch?

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Incomingray.8075

Incomingray.8075

Hopefully that doesn’t mean the usual 50 man group that wipes a 40 man gets tons of wxp compared to us small groupers..

I bet the ruins would be far far more active if the buff helped to take structures back, it’s feeling like a super small scale detached spvp map for the most part that the majority of players dont even care about, people dont even seem to talk about bloodlust on DB or care, they just want to take towers/keeps as usual, I bet they’d all be far more involved if it actually helped them unlike the silly stats and stomps they don’t get.

in WvW

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

Last month you stated in a post that we would be able to buy liquid wxp from a vendor for badges + another currency, is there any news on this? It sounded like a great way to level alts so I’m really hoping it will come soon

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Last thing we want is zergs heading into the ruins to farm WXP, be happy it doesnt reward any imo.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Insert Rabble about badges to Liquid WXP here
(While we’re on the subject of rewards who was it that said they were going to add more non-crap things for badges like the other ascended trinkets?)

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I think actually taking part in flipping the ruins and winning the bloodlust should give some wxp. It can only be done 1x every 5 minutes anyway, and couldn’t be farmed any more than flipping camps in succession could.

in WvW

Posted by: Dreary Yew.5187

Dreary Yew.5187

Any update on when the Bloodlust stats will be removed?

I lol’d

[STUN] Guardian and Altoholic
i7 4770k Haswell 4.8GHz GTX 780 16Gb DDR3

in WvW

Posted by: Dreary Yew.5187

Dreary Yew.5187

Problem is, this will just encourage more and more zerging… More players = more loot bags = more wxp and wxp consumables.

[STUN] Guardian and Altoholic
i7 4770k Haswell 4.8GHz GTX 780 16Gb DDR3

in WvW

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

How would adding WXP consumables to player kills allow roamers to catch up to zergers in WXP when the zergers still most likely will kill more players and obtain the consumables too?

Here’s a small reality check:
Most castles/towers were not taken by single players. Most wars weren’t one by single people unless they were assassins or politicians (so that pertains more to the Queen Jennah events :P ).

In other words, zerging isn’t a bad thing. If WvW wasn’t about zerging, that’d be very weird. For smallscale combat there’s a separate PvP mode, so it makes sense to focus the other one more on medium~large scale efforts. If not, why have two modes in the first place?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

PPS WXP should be account bound. Stop being stubborn about this, coming up with convoluted methods and pretending that alts and non-zergers are treated equally in WvW.

Personally, I think that the solution for the whole account bound WXP debate has an easy fix. Make the WvW WXP account bound, but make it that each character can spend their points out separately. Such as, lets says you are wvw rank 100. On your warrior you have your 100 points mostly into siege power, such as ram and cata mastery. While on your Engineer, you have your 100 points mostly into siege building and supplies, such as supply mastery, capacity, and the build/repair masteries.

This way, you can spend your points differently on each of your characters, but you now have the freedom to play on any character and still contribute to your WvW rank (since it would be account bound)

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I like that concept, good work.

However, can we at least have WXP for flipping the buff on a certain borderland? It’s no easy task, and it doesn’t exactly cycle fast.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Personally, I think that the solution for the whole account bound WXP debate has an easy fix. Make the WvW WXP account bound, but make it that each character can spend their points out separately. Such as, lets says you are wvw rank 100. On your warrior you have your 100 points mostly into siege power, such as ram and cata mastery. While on your Engineer, you have your 100 points mostly into siege building and supplies, such as supply mastery, capacity, and the build/repair masteries.

This way, you can spend your points differently on each of your characters, but you now have the freedom to play on any character and still contribute to your WvW rank (since it would be account bound)

This wouldn’t work; it’d be a form of respeccing, which they’ve explicitly said they don’t want to have as something you can do on demand. I have 7 80’s, and I’m at about rank 250 in total; I’d be able to get almost every single upgrade with some combination of my classes.

Just have the entire page account-wide.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

The build on October 1st is going …

I think he meant “player stomps” and “bonus for stomps” and simply misspoke.

We all know he wants to turn WvW into a recruiting ground for spvp, which is Arenanet’s number one obsession.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Sounds good. How about adding this to “defend” events, as well?

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in WvW

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

A bonus for kills in the area isn’t a bad idea at all.

Something like this is definitely on the right track.

As roamers, we love the new map, but the rewards just don’t keep up. The wxp flows like water in the zerg, but you can’t even throw us a bone for taking an orb? The bloodlust points are no more farmable than sentries or supply camps.

Wxp consumables for kills isn’t helpful either. The idea is to close the wxp gap between roamers and zergers, not increase it!

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

God, I miss the mountain of badges I used to get.