SoHowComePeopleDont do the baseevents

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I notice that people dont do the base events in WvW. why is this?
wasnt this a new feature added to WvW? But I have never seen people stand in based together to trigger it.

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

The breakout events are sometimes used as a diversion while more devious skullduggery and general mayhem are propogated.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Well mostly guilds use them to get a little extra help because it requires 10 people in one spot waiting for the event and people don’t like to wait

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Well mostly guilds use them to get a little extra help because it requires 10 people in one spot waiting for the event and people don’t like to wait

but is the reward for doing it weak or something?

in WvW

Posted by: Parsee Komeiji.2049

Parsee Komeiji.2049

You actually get a pretty hefty reward. Free siege, free supply, a free Champion NPC…

They practically hand you a free tower with full supply, unless a large chunk of your enemy’s entire server is specifically out to stop you.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

in tier 8 theyre quite common

we often run into coverage issues and the related towers change hands fairly often, so theyre pretty useful (and very frustrating for the opponents defending)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i myself want to know the Champion NPC loot table like mentioned by Freelancer in the Tales of Tyria podcast…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

if the champion does drop loot it is not worth it as killing him will only enable the opossing team to unleash another breakout event.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

oh… what if he does have Dawn/Dusk in his loot table ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

oh… what if he does have Dawn/Dusk in his loot table ?

we still get nothing, whites, junk and blues out of all champ mobs i dont really have hopes for this particular champ lol. but if anyone wants to kill him do it at the right time at least not while the enemy is trying to use him as a distraction to make your whole server focus on the breakout event and they go cap your whole map.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

if a map is all one color it may be appropriate to just do a breakout and grab one tower.

it may also be more appropriate to start by grabbing the NE/NW tower or going fast and silent into the garrison… all depending on your long term plans for the map.

my point being there are numerous strategies available and going for the easiest tower to get first isn’t always the best strategy… but sometimes it might be.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I sort of see them as cheating. Not that I don’t do them but they just feel cheap to me.

But it does seem like the times we really need him we can’t find 10 people on the map anyway. Go go tier 7 in the morning!

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

In my experience nobody has patience for them.

They typically wait 30 seconds to try get enough people then go off and do something else.

Once you get your 10 people and the event triggers you suddenly have 30 people standing next to you -.-

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”