SoR/BG/IoJ

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

Hey I am from IOJ (ND). Just out of curiosity, can I ask why SoR loves Pangloss when they should not get it…? I mean they always try to steal it from us when they should get other towers or supplies. I would understand if it is strategically right but.. I think they always just want it for the sake of getting it.

Zergs use supply camps to fill up on supply on the fly. that is why they normally just hit it, drain it, and leave.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Sweetevil.9208

Sweetevil.9208

Holy BG!! I think those guilds that were boycotting WvWvW came back into the fight!! BG is everywhere!! I can’t escape you!! Go to sleep already!! lol!

Just a wave to the Thief that ran away from a Necro @ Lowlands supply on SoR BL!
I would of killed you if you didn’t go invis and run away! =D Beaten by a chick playing a Necro. I don’t think it get’s worse than that lol <3

It was probably Pwning from LoTD, he has a kitten for that lowland camp in SoR, I will let him know he is a pansy… we always suspected it of him lol

Cheers from LoTD!

BEASTGATE!

Don’t let him try and say I had back up lol It was a fair 1vs1! I wish I was a fly on the wall in your TS to hear him get the grinds lol <3

SoR [RUN]

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: aarias.4016

aarias.4016

Don’t let him try and say I had back up lol It was a fair 1vs1! I wish I was a fly on the wall in your TS to hear him get the grinds lol <3

I saw a bunch of RUN playing with IoJ last night…what’s up with that?

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

It is a different RUN

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Sweetevil.9208

I saw a bunch of RUN playing with IoJ last night…what’s up with that?

Nope you didn’t sweetheart. RUN was on BG Bl last night at the epic Sunnyhill fight. Also doing other stuff on the map as a guild.

Sorry to burst your bubble

Attachments:

SoR [RUN]

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

IoJ also has a [RUN] guild. It is different from the SoR [RUN] however.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: aarias.4016

aarias.4016

IoJ also has a [RUN] guild. It is different from the SoR [RUN] however.

That explains it, thanks!

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

The zerg is mighty with BG 24/7. How did you guys get kicked from T1?

Just outplayed? Your coverage seems pretty good.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Sweetevil.9208

That’s it BG, go back to boycotting WvWvW. Seriously lol. What the heck guys!!

Attachments:

SoR [RUN]

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Zavien.5197

Zavien.5197

While in T1 BG rarely had a queue the first week in T1 when I played, and our coverage was not the same as the other two. So even dominating on the weekend/early week we where just out-manned later in the week due to coverage.

Weeks 2 and 3 I found the out-manned buff in all but EB (and sometimes there) was normal. What was surprising (well not really, we have a godly crew) is that we didn’t get blown out as I rarely saw out-manned on either JQ or SBI. The zerg sizes on the enemies always seemed to be massive compared to ours. But thankfully with the out-manned buff I usually made out like a bandit.

I would say that with a little better coverage all around we are more than the JQ/SBI. During equal coverage times we have usually dominated hard.

T2 has been fun, and I don’t recall the last time I’ve had a queue for over 5-15 minutes in EB on any day other than Friday night server switches. (well, even in T1) and BL’s have almost been instant or nearly so.

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Ferris Bewler.9706

Ferris Bewler.9706

Great fights this week, been really fun.

Pheras Bewler Lvl 80 Ranger (JINX-BG)
Frozen Man Lvl 80 Guardian (JINX-BG)
Frozen Moo Juice Lvl 80 Warrior (JINX-BG)

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Pretty good yes. Not good enough, consistently (which is the key word here) though, to match SBI. When SBI wants to win, they will win … that about sums things up right now. We got dropped out of T1 because BG on the whole basically gave up on T1. Many guilds still fought their kitten off, but the casual militia stopped playing, and SoS gained enough rating to get in. Then they WON, creating a pretty solid rating gap between T1 and T2.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Indo.8629

Unless there’s another shakeup of the servers, T1 and T2 are probably staying the same for a while.

80k kills and counting

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

That’s it BG, go back to boycotting WvWvW. Seriously lol. What the heck guys!!

If IoJ and SoR want to stack BG we’ll be happy to fight in T1 with you all. It’s been a blast so far. =)

-KNT- BG

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Alpaca.9410

Alpaca.9410

You know whats kitten I was swimming around minding my own business. Then I see at the temple of storms a SoR commander. I activate my awesome and attack. This was a long fight, She was an elamentalist And I’m more a tanky guardian. So we did not do much damage to each other. But in the end I outlasted her and on multiple occasions almost killed her, but she would mist away and heal. And it would restart. Eventually though I was getting close to killing her again, I could taste her blood. Then her friends showed up and owned me. Man, I just really wanted to kill her, All offence you SoR can be a real pain in my rear. What I hate even more though is when you get downed by some people, then some random dude who wasn’t even there comes and finishes you off. DUDE YOU DONT EVEN DESERVE THIS!

Haha, the ele commander you fought was definitely me. I was minding my own business solo-ing the kraits on the island when i realize something was draining my HP fast and I saw you, and yeah, as you said, the battle lasted for quite some time before a few of the regular SoR players swam over and attacked you. It was a fun match and if you want, maybe we can arrange for a rematch one day, just you and I somewhere XD

Commander Alpaca Owl:: Commander Yuno Owl
Sanctum of Rall, [choo] guild, council
Blood sucking Elementalist out to BITE people :d

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Liquid.9672

Unless there’s another shakeup of the servers, T1 and T2 are probably staying the same for a while.

Yep I’d agree with that. Moving up and down tiers requires winning and losing by larger margins than what’s happening right now in T1 and T2. JQ losing 40 rating doesn’t help if BG also loses rating for winning a match, but not by enough of a score differential to gain rating (I’m not calling a BG win btw … the match is far from over … just using the current scores for my example).

Overall I’m cool with this though. This is the rating system doing what it’s supposed to do, and should create fun competitive matches more often than not, even if it’s against the same servers week after week. This could cause the whole experience to get stale though. I guess time will tell.

[KnT] – Blackgate

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

a very simple sloution to the teir system could be this

- 1st place go up
- 2nd place stay were your are
- 3rd place go down

you would get 2 new servers to battle each week or is this too simple.

At the end of the week your sever gets points based on were the finished over all for example we hav 24 servers in the NA region so the 1st place sever in T1 gets 24 points last place server gets 1 point.

This rewards you for staying in the top teirs

what do you think

(edited by ghostchipz.2341)

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Liquid.9672

- 1st place go up
- 3rd place go down

you would get 2 new servers to battle each week or is this too simple

I think it sets up the chance for too many blow out matches, which is worse than playing the same servers each week.

[KnT] – Blackgate

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

- 1st place go up
- 3rd place go down

you would get 2 new servers to battle each week or is this too simple.

At the end of the week your sever gets points based on were the finished over all for example we hav 24 servers in the NA region so the 1st place sever in T1 gets 24 points last place server gets 1 point.

This rewards you for staying in the top teirs

what do you think

Theres no good solution. Too few worlds that can compete. Eventually top servers will get bored and stop competing allowing others to move up.

Sanctum of Rall

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Indo.8629

Scores are all still pretty close, don’t think anything is set yet.

Though it seems BG has overall better coverage through out the day again so it may win out.

Unless IoJ and SoR manage to gang up on BG for a significant period of time, may get the same results as last week.

IoJ doesn’t seem to have as much as SoR, and SoR doesn’t seem to have as much as BG.

Though the primetime fights, when all 3 sides have a presence, they are quite epic.

80k kills and counting

(edited by Indo.8629)

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Score update anyone please?

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Not near enough drama in this thread! I have video proof of 27 SoS players, swapping servers for 12 minutes, just to hack non-existant orbs from each of IoJ, BG, and SoRs Garrisons, only to swap back to SoS WITH the orbs. Also Dear Hunter kills our own Yaks.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Sweetevil.9208

15 minium blah blah blah blah

Attachments:

SoR [RUN]

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

ghostchipz.2341

Not near enough drama in this thread! I have video proof of 27 SoS players, swapping servers for 12 minutes, just to hack non-existant orbs from each of IoJ, BG, and SoRs Garrisons, only to swap back to SoS WITH the orbs. Also Dear Hunter kills our own Yaks.

LOL maybe this is because we have finaly found 3 servers that respect each other and are just wanting to play this week has been EPIC

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Scores are all still pretty close, don’t think anything is set yet.

Though it seems BG has overall better coverage through out the day again so it may win out.

Unless IoJ and SoR manage to gang up on BG for a significant period of time, may get the same results as last week.

IoJ doesn’t seem to have as much as SoR, and SoR doesn’t seem to have as much as BG.

Though the primetime fights, when all 3 sides have a presence, they are quite epic.

Part of the reason it seems BG has better coverage is because we are doing a server wide push started Monday. So a lot of guilds are calling everyone and doing over hours. I imagine the coverage difference will become less when the push is over. We don’t want to give up #1 spot in T2 without a fight:)

Blackgate Engineer

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

SOR WTB Aussies/EU

Will pay in cookies, pie and other assorted desserts.

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Liquid.9672

Part of the reason it seems BG has better coverage is because we are doing a server wide push started Monday. So a lot of guilds are calling everyone and doing over hours. I imagine the coverage difference will become less when the push is over. We don’t want to give up #1 spot in T2 without a fight:)

Yeah this is a good point. There are people on BG playing right now that might not have been without the call to arms that went out on Monday. The normal coverage difference may not be as big as it appears right now under normal circumstances. Playing when you don’t really want to only lasts so long.

[KnT] – Blackgate

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

SOR WTB Aussies/EU

Cupcakes?

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Burl.9567

SOR WTB Aussies/EU

Cupcakes?

We can do cupcakes, but our speciality is pies. Our TS is dominated by pie talk at times much to the disliking of our humble (Indo?) commanders.

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

SOR WTB Aussies/EU

Cupcakes?

We have several Asura that look like marshmallows. Marshmallows > cupcakes.

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Burl.9567

SOR WTB Aussies/EU

Cupcakes?

We have several Asura that look like marshmallows. Marshmallows > cupcakes.

Asura = Master Race

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Playing when you don’t really want to only lasts so long.

People want to participate in WvW but as discussed several times before, alot of people are waiting for the WvW changes to take place before they invest outrageous amounts of time there. Fractals is without a doubt a decent distraction while they get the WvW patch completed.

I personally have enjoyed WvW right from the beginning but I think there were some serious design flaws in it right from the get go which people are starting to realise now that the honeymoon phase of the game is over.

I must say regarding this week’s match up (As an oceanic player) our guild has had an absolute blast! This thread is the perfect example of what the WvW community should be like which is such a contrast to some of the other matchup threads on here.

Keep up the good fight all!

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

RQ left; we NA lost a lot of confidence and we just rolled over.

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Indo.8629

Yeah BG’s NA is decent, but your Euro/Aussie is pretty solid.

IoJ seems to have just fallen apart this match too now. Should just xfer the oceanics off IoJ to SoR and lets give BG a run for their money, I’m sure they’d love that too.

80k kills and counting

(edited by Indo.8629)

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

ghostchipz.2341

well if you want to get oceanic players you will need to offer

Pavlova and a BBQ

its the summer over here

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Sweetevil.9208

Summer oh how I miss you. I am sitting in snow up to my knee’s and it’s -30 today.
I can offer you a icicle, and hot chocolate!! =D
Snowball fight!!

SoR [RUN]

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

Yeah BG’s NA is decent, but your Euro/Aussie is pretty solid.

IoJ seems to have just fallen apart this match too now. Should just xfer the oceanics off IoJ to SoR and lets give BG a run for their money, I’m sure they’d love that too.

IoJ already lost its oceanics

it’s sad you don’t even know the state of the servers you fight

IoJ is a TIER 4 server. Tier 3 at best. We’ve lost so many guilds that frankly we’re HoD/ET level right now except for the fight in whoever is left

and your statement is sad, because if you think about it

if everyone transferred off

we’d all end up in the same server

pathetic so-called “pvp’ers” but is actually reality

people only want to stack up on a server, very rarely do you actually have people staying where they are and suffering thru the beatdowns

sad but true

transfer off! everyone just transfer away!! that’s the magic bullet

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

SoR’s Na presence coupled with IOJ’s Aussie Presence would be an unstoppable force. Probably would blow out Tier 1 to be honest. Would be funny to watch.

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

most any server + other servers would be an unstoppable force imo.

-Desirz Matheon

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

As Charlie said, IoJ’s oceanic presence is small.

Playing during Oceanic prime is like 30 people for BG, 30 people for IoJ, and 20 people for SoR. None of us have any Oceanic players, it’s just 30 beats 20 everytime.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Indo.8629

I see it as 3 category of servers.

Live, Growing, and Dying.

Basically we need the dying servers to xfer to the growing so that we have 6-9 competitive servers that are all capable for T1.

It’s not perfect, but the way Anet created their tiered WvW system, it’s the only way you are going to have enough servers capable for fighting for the top.

Having 24 servers, with majority of them empty or half empty in WvW doesn’t make sense. Stack the top 9 servers and go at it.

80k kills and counting

(edited by Indo.8629)

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Scores as of 11pm GMT

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Sucks SoR and IoJ can’t merge. We would be known as sanctum of janthir and be kitten near unstopable. Both while maintaining individual player quality and not a bunch of bandwagoners :p

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

CharliePrince.2071

SoR’s Na presence coupled with IOJ’s Aussie Presence would be an unstoppable force. Probably would blow out Tier 1 to be honest. Would be funny to watch.

you’re about 2-3 months too late

in case you didn’t know

IoJ’s Oceanics already transferred off to Jade Quarry

what’s really annoying me is the inability of Tarnished Coast/Fort Aspenwood to kick Janthir out of tier 2

we simply are not a tier 2 server right now losing so many Oceanics, NA, and our EU guilds (2)

the sad truth to accept is the longer we stay in tier 2, the more we lose guilds. We are hemorrhaging a guild a week so for the love of god TC/FA KICK US OUT OF THIS kitten TIER ALREADY

pretty much every single pvp guild on janthir is on the verge of transferring off because you cannot fight abandonment

when people jump ship, it’s over

and guild wars 2 is a dying game that is not getting any new players so activity ACROSS ALL SERVERS are down

so what do you do? what eventually happens if you LOVE PVP?

you transfer off “Where the action is” and we all end up in the same 1-4 servers

is that healthy? is that the game we want? frankly speaking i am just thankful this dying crap of a game has no subscription. i’d personally have cancelled a long time ago

arenanet simply doesn’t give a kitten about their kittening game at least not the wuvwuv aspect all they give a kitten about is pve and trying to make it a legitimate esports kitten wuvwuv and this game’s dying player base

in 2pac’s words

they don’t give a kitten about us

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I know you say that, but we demolished Tarnished Coast back when we were in Tier 3. We scored 500k+ for the week if I remember. Believe it or not, your server probably has a stronger WvW population than FA or TC do.

You’d almost certainly dominate that Tier 3 bracket.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Liquid.9672

Ouch. IoJ wiped off all 4 maps today. You guys were really holding strong this week too, even during your coverage gaps. This slot is arguably BG’s strongest time period against both servers, after Oceanics go to bed and before NA logs on, which is the EU primetime where BG still has solid coverage. Still, sad to see IoJ drop to 0 PPT, even if it may only be a short while.

[KnT] – Blackgate

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

CharliePrince.2071

Ouch. IoJ wiped off all 4 maps today. You guys were really holding strong this week too, even during your coverage gaps. This slot is arguably BG’s strongest time period against both servers, after Oceanics go to bed and before NA logs on, which is the EU primetime where BG still has solid coverage. Still, sad to see IoJ drop to 0 PPT, even if it may only be a short while.

it’s the login issue more than anything

that’s the reason, in case you didn’t know we didn’t get wiped off the map

we could not even login at all there’s a big difference

BG took the perfect time because nobody on ioj can log on and play

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

A-net really needs to merge servers. Get rid of the bottom two or so tiers and WvW would be back to being awesome. Not only would it spread out the thinning population of WvW but it would make servers more competitive and give many more servers 24/7 coverage so it is more a more fair fight.. I have no clue why they added three more servers in the first place. The servers are dead now anyway. The way world vs world is going right now in around a year you will probably see the bottom four tiers gone anyway. And in 2-3 years I would assume we would only have maybe 2-3 tiers if lucky.

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Yeah, I still don’t get the scoring system. It seems like it tries to make everyone in a tier reach a median. Despite the fact that BG is winning, it is loosing substantially in over all rating, and despite the fact that IoJ is loosing, it is gaining substantially in overall rating. This tells me that the future will consist of all of us playing again and again. For now, I’m fine with that. We’ve had great fights. But will this get stale after 4 or 5 weeks? What happens if BG wins every match, but only by 5000 points? The same thing will happen with tier 1 and 3, so there is little chance of the 3rd place finisher in tier 1 bumping down and the 1st place finisher in tier two going up. Same thing between tier 2 and 3. This is what baffles me about the scoring.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

SoR/BG/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

If I can offer some support in regards to that, it is important to encourage an attitude in your own guild, then to others to stick it out through the tough times. Pragmatism with the server hopping is something of a mixed blessing- sometimes you get a few gems, other times you get a bag of brick’s around your neck that seem to want to drown you!

But, as long as there is a ‘core’ of original people on the server willing to commit, it does make a difference, just don’t expect it to be easy, there will be tears and you will cop a flogging every now and then which makes anyone go ’ah jez… wtf was that!"

On a personal level.
Talent gets you a little way in, but I know tonnes of talented nobodies.
Ability will get you some peer credibility, but often it doesn’t shine past the moment
Persistence… counts for everything.
Being the guy(s) that never, ever, give up is what gets the job done at the end of the week. Encourage it in yourself, your guild and your server.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate