SoR in a nutshell, thank you Indo!

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

At least JQ had some humility when they were winning .

I don’t know how to explain to everyone around me why I suddenly burst out laughing.

Every server that has been #1 has thought they have been humble about it, and every single one of them was wrong.

JQ is still leagues ahead of the closest T2 competition, but your star has passed and it’s time to accept this fact with the dignity you never had when you were on top.

I’m sure it’s rough for JQ, as they were #3 or maybe #2 so many times and now see history repeating itself, as the same people who stacked HoD and SoS have now stacked BG and SoR to a point you cannot compete.

Yet, ask yourselves why you haven’t gotten transfers since SF and PRX at the end of free transfers? SF could respect you, having been in the same boat for so long, and PRX was insulted that SoS kept winning without them.

Since then? Your server is stacked, with full population and all hours coverage. You can break out your theories about WvW population vs. total population; but that’s not it.

The truth is that you ticked off so many people, that they stacked on two other servers just to take you down.

If anything, you should sit back and applaud how much effort it took to do this; but it’s about time you accept it.

Tourettes? I don’t know but I’m from Blackgate which is clearly stated in my sig. So…..

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

This video is old, put out near the start of march. It was discussed a lot then, what is the value of going around that circle again?

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hi guys,

I hope you took the time to check the OP’s posting history and the angle of his posts in general. A couple of things:

1. I am not sure if Kefro is in SOR actually.

2. Also, his views does not reflect the views and feelings of the general populace of SOR. To be honest, I am embarrassed about the post. (not the video)

3. I pop into WvW throughout the day in NA, OCN, EU and help out in SEA. A huge majority of the guys are on the ground don’t share the kind of chest thumping Kefro is going on about.

4. In fact, the silent majority of SOR folks have friends in JQ and BG communities and have respect for them.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

So he’s proud that his server is now even more stacked than BG and JQ?

In before the “JQ and BG are full, SoR isn’t” rebuttal.

I prefer the “we went from third place finisher to first from 1 EU guild transfer.”

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

I’m sorry but personally I find that video and speech embarrassing. I could understand how SoR would find it inspirational but to every other server it looks like a try hard kitten. I mean you say your community is great but your so called leader has to resort to flaming other servers in order to pump up your players.

Everyone is impressed with SoR, they have done a great job but your guys look pathetic constantly chest thumping at every turn. At least JQ had some humility when they were winning (excluding a few forum warriors).

GG SoR. Let us know when Indo has a more creative speech that wasn’t the bullet points of every match up thread we have.

That was when SoR was getting PVD big time and constant third place finishes. But we always showed up no matter what the odds. Pretty much the opposite of BG

in WvW

Posted by: Godsend.3815

Godsend.3815

Im curious how long this thread can stay open…..

Either BG nor JQ haven’t trolled us enough in this thread, or the mods are better trolls for keeping this open :P

Käï | Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

OP plays on SoR and has for quite awhile.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

That does’t mean anything, all you have to do is take another post and re-post it.

Look at his post history lol, supposedly was on BG then transferred to JQ then transferred to SoR.

Interesting server history.

in WvW

pot.6805

He has been on SoR for at least 4 months. Pretty elaborate conspiracy to somehow “troll” 4 months later.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Jahn.7019

Not really, because you don’t know if he really transferred.

And look at his post history, it’s basically repeating the same thing over and over again with a link of the video, lol.

If that’s not troll I don’t know what is.

Gotta hand it to him though, look at how this thread exploded. Pro troll is pro. Is that your alt account Pot?

edit: The mods should delete this thread, it’s obvious this is just a troll post from someone looking to bring hate on SoR.

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in WvW

pot.6805

ain’t nobody got time for ’dat.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Jahn.7019

ain’t nobody got time for ’dat.

And yet you somehow manage.

in WvW

pot.6805

The No True Scotsman fallacy.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Thyophelis.8035

Thyophelis.8035

all I see in the Video is a guardian running strait into 15-20 enemys, no dodge, just spamming 1 and if he has to use any 7-9 skills he clicks it with the mouse.

and there s some talk till your ears bleed about beeing outnumbered while he s zerging the crap out of his enemys.
If you want to see some good guard gameplay check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlOB4BZQ9wU

did I miss something?

Aurona- fugly white bark sylvarie ele
MS-Mondsucht, pure small scale forever !
Kodash-we thrife on outmanned

(edited by Thyophelis.8035)

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

SoR is number one, and deservedly so. They have the best coverage, and the best NA in the game. Their core is a solid grouping of guilds that are all strong in their own right, and they have the addition of some of SBI’s strongest guilds, then later TSYM and now IRON who can finally give those great NA guilds way-pointed keeps to fight around, rather than having to break the oppositions. They have a lot of to proud of, and I imagine they will keep the number 1 title for a long while.

That being said, they can be beaten…by themselves. Pretty much like every number 1 before them. That’s what keeps the system rolling. Until then, enjoy the ride!

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Jahn.7019

That being said, they can be beaten…by themselves. Pretty much like every number 1 before them. That’s what keeps the system rolling. Until then, enjoy the ride!

This x 1000.

All Rallians should keep that in mind because it’s true.

in WvW

Posted by: Kale.9562

Kale.9562

There’s a big difference between a 30-player zerg and a 30-player army. SoR coordinates very efficient armies in TS. There’s some excellent commanders on this server, and the leading guilds seem to recognize the long-term value of keeping the map chat positive and enthusiastic.

Dinosaur Kale – GSCH – Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Best community of GW2 = TC

Can’t wait to build shame rams in front of your spawn again.

CAN’T WAIT!!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Stephen.9852

Stephen.9852

I don’t know how to explain to everyone around me why I suddenly burst out laughing.

Every server that has been #1 has thought they have been humble about it, and every single one of them was wrong.

JQ is still leagues ahead of the closest T2 competition, but your star has passed and it’s time to accept this fact with the dignity you never had when you were on top.

I’m sure it’s rough for JQ, as they were #3 or maybe #2 so many times and now see history repeating itself, as the same people who stacked HoD and SoS have now stacked BG and SoR to a point you cannot compete.

Yet, ask yourselves why you haven’t gotten transfers since SF and PRX at the end of free transfers? SF could respect you, having been in the same boat for so long, and PRX was insulted that SoS kept winning without them.

Since then? Your server is stacked, with full population and all hours coverage. You can break out your theories about WvW population vs. total population; but that’s not it.

The truth is that you ticked off so many people, that they stacked on two other servers just to take you down.

If anything, you should sit back and applaud how much effort it took to do this; but it’s about time you accept it.

I cannot think of a single PRX that was insulted that SoS stayed on top, they were glad. Ask any of the SoS guilds that kept in contact, plenty of people from PRX stayed on SoS after the move because of loyalty to the server.

Razethh [ONE] Leader – Sanctum of Rall
fightasone.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

I sincerely hope that you by now have realized that the guy who posted is, in fact, from BG and was saying that JQ had humility from an outside perspective. Makes your entire post look rather silly in hindsight doesn’t it…

[IX]

in WvW

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

^ Forum warriors don’t have much by way of perspective.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Ah yes,, kefro, I remember him and all those “JQ is stacked and is killing WvW” posts a few months ago.

As to those posters pointing out he lives under a bridge (avoiding infraction trick number 1) and is only a lone voice. Well he seems to be getting quite a bit of support from other posts in this thread and the T1 match up thread as well. The spider dude telling everyone that only SoR uses combo fields and have thieves that can kill folks is most amusing.

As Neuromancer elsewhere this sort of post just reinforces the new name for your server.

“Sanctimonious of Rall”

The Sanctimonious of Rall name is bestowed due to the many recent “our community is the best ever” posts by a small but vocal section of the SoR community and is in no way intended to be a slight on the name Rall.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

pot.6805

You took my name for SoR Kreen.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Between this, Sanctum of Blob, and Blobgate… I can’t decide which one I like most ;P

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

SoR here, since… it doesn’t even matter, does it. though, i would like to add a little something. i was lucky enough to have chosen this server, with my wife, who introduced me to guild wars. mainly, because we thought the name was cool. ; )) then not long after, we find out about the legacy behind the naming of the server. even better.

then we joined our first guild through a very successful first time venture into AC story mode, and made a friend. and though we don’t get to play together as much anymore, the guild leader i stay in touch with outside of gw2 more than anything. a real friend, dare i say. then on another fateful day, i met Miasmic from CDS, and as we (me wifey and i) were starting to have a stronger focus on WvW we were privileged enough to join. and our journey doesn’t stop there…

true, i may not have been able to play as much.. but even without the two instances above, most people i’ve met on the server are very nice, humble and all know how to have a good time. the WvW-ers especially might i add have tenacity, always fight hard and the ones i am close to and spend most time with, are extremely respectful. commanders are great. allies are tremendous. and people DO see it.

and here’s the kicker – i’ve guested to other servers, talked to others on the forums, pm’s, tells… i’ve made friends with people on, YES, BG, JQ, TC, etc etc WHILE we were fighting one another.. and some of my better friends are not only limited to SoR, but also other servers. i am a firm believer that like all things in this world, even in video games, even in GW2, that all servers, all homeworlds out there are perfect for someone. and there’s a place for everyone. i love Sanctum of Rall.. and i know others love their own servers as well. and i think that’s the way it should be.

so please, no more slandering of other worlds, or guilds, or individuals.. it gets you nowhere. let’s be humble. let’s use life giving words, instead of toxicity. what’s positive is what will bring you up and how we can keep buildnig our great communities that we so believe in and have come to love.

and, yes, i am specifically speaking to those few on my own server who do use their words slightly in a more than reckless manner. don’t get me wrong, i am not putting you down, but we need to choose our actions and words more carefully. i urge you to! i know we’re better than this!!! i, too, think it’s amazing we’ve come such a long way!! and thank you to all those who put in extra timea nd efforts to bring eveyrone together, i can count more than 2 hands full. in your light, i wish i could do the same adn more for my own server!! nevertheless, i couldn’t be more proud that we’re sitting at the top now, so here’s a /cheer for SoR! and here’s a /cheer for JQ! a /cheer for BG! a /cheer for TC, SoS, SBI and the many more servers we’ve and i’ve personally fought against. anything can happen in the game, as anything can happen in the world, so while we’re on the very top, let’s at least act like we belong here. not because we deserve it. not because we’re better than others. but because we’re privilegeled enough to be here.

i know many of you won’t agree with me. i know many of you won’t like what i had to say. but i couldn’t let it sit in me. sure it’s a video game, but this is real people we’re dealing with here. nor am i imposing my ways of life unto you, you can take what you will from this… i can’t speak for the server. and i can’t apologize for those who’ve offended others.. as i do believe each and every individual ought to take ownership of their own words. and to a certain extent guilds. but as i say this, i take off my hats from any guild, server, race, profession and say… personally, i would take a humble defeat over a pompous vitory any day.

so let’s try to focus on that. strength and unity through humility, only to further build our already great community. only to achieve greater things.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

(edited by akamon.2769)

in WvW

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

Best community of GW2 = TC

Can’t wait to build shame rams in front of your spawn again.

CAN’T WAIT!!

SoR… this type of post is what makes y’all come off so poorly and why you have such a bad reputation. I have seen this type of post in various match up threads about matchups that y’all aren’t even in. Why? I mean, really.. what’s the point?

Personally? I think that spawn camping is the cheapest way to win. Play with dignity, die with dignity.

/end

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

The day you convince me that SoR is not the most stacked WvW zerging server out of those 3 is the day I get to make a spiderpig pet.
I mean really, grats on #1. That goes without saying. It’s good that you’re happy but don’t deny why you got there.
You did not get #1 with fewer WvW’s than the other servers that’s all I’m trying to clear up because that’s what you implied as well as “calling-out” other servers.
Yes you got number one. Yes there was some rocky times. But you felt the need to come on forums and call out two other servers acting like you the underdog when mass 50-60++ SoR cap maps all night and day?
On JQ we don’t even say SoR zerg because that’s just two redundant words.
I’m not trying to kitten on your parade, you should be happy and celebrate, but don’t do it for the wrong reasons.

Pro tip
Full server =/= WvW’s stacked.

Just going to respond to this one thing and I’m done. You can believe whatever you want based on whatever data you have that proves whatever it is that you think lol. The burden of proof isnt on me to prove or disprove that sor is a stacked server. No one is deneying the server isnt stacked. The claim was made by you. that

As far as calling other servers out, I have no idea what that means. No one is calling anyone out. Here except maybe the OP who is was not even from sor and obviously trolling you all.

No one on SoR is claiming the server isnt stacked. We know we have gotten an influx of some players, but besides IRON and before that TYSM I dont know of any other major wvw guilds we have gotten lately. I honestly believe its more or less a sleeping giant syndrome. Where people who quit came back, becasue we were winning. A lot of these people are people we have always had and since the moral is so high they showed up. And this would most likely explain why SoR stays at very high. And doesnt go to FULL.

I know a lot of people came to SoR because of the WvW but the same can be said for BG and JQ. Any server in T1 has high wvw pop.

But your claim is thakittens more stacked than others and this is where I and some others will disagree. 1 you dont have any numbers to back up this assumption. 2. the only numbers we do have go Against this assumption. 3. The scores are always very even on the weekends, and SoR actually gets beat on reset nights and weekends. 4. Your whole argument is designed around ad hominem attack on the OP instead of maybe recognizing that SoR does really well becasue of the excellent community on the server that it has created, and the great atmosphere and positive attitude on the server, lets try to discredit it by calling the server more stacked than the other two and attribute it to the only reason it has done good as of lately.

Anyways I hope this thread gets locked soon tired of being trolled.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Renno.2673

Renno.2673

Let the good times Roll

in WvW

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

God SOR has such a toxic community. Makes me miss the times jq was winning, kept a cap on all the SOR trolls.

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

let’s all focus on the positive guys. makes me sad that people think that of SoR.

so those on SoR, again, the server that you claim to be so proud of, give it genuine meaning to be able to say “I am of SoR!”

troll or no troll (though you all need to stop feeding and flaming one another or taking the bait or dousing yourself with gasoline….), i’ve never seen the point of being mean, obnoxious, or kitteny… sometimes, you don’t get what you put in, most of the time, you don’t get what you deserve… you just get what you get. simple as that.. what truly counts is how you act when something GOOD is begotten to you. if we’re gonna win, let’s win with GRACE.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

The day you convince me that SoR is not the most stacked WvW zerging server out of those 3 is the day I get to make a spiderpig pet.
I mean really, grats on #1. That goes without saying. It’s good that you’re happy but don’t deny why you got there.
You did not get #1 with fewer WvW’s than the other servers that’s all I’m trying to clear up because that’s what you implied as well as “calling-out” other servers.
Yes you got number one. Yes there was some rocky times. But you felt the need to come on forums and call out two other servers acting like you the underdog when mass 50-60++ SoR cap maps all night and day?
On JQ we don’t even say SoR zerg because that’s just two redundant words.
I’m not trying to kitten on your parade, you should be happy and celebrate, but don’t do it for the wrong reasons.

Pro tip
Full server =/= WvW’s stacked.

Just going to respond to this one thing and I’m done. You can believe whatever you want based on whatever data you have that proves whatever it is that you think lol. The burden of proof isnt on me to prove or disprove that sor is a stacked server. No one is deneying the server isnt stacked. The claim was made by you. that

As far as calling other servers out, I have no idea what that means. No one is calling anyone out. Here except maybe the OP who is was not even from sor and obviously trolling you all.

No one on SoR is claiming the server isnt stacked. We know we have gotten an influx of some players, but besides IRON and before that TYSM I dont know of any other major wvw guilds we have gotten lately. I honestly believe its more or less a sleeping giant syndrome. Where people who quit came back, becasue we were winning. A lot of these people are people we have always had and since the moral is so high they showed up. And this would most likely explain why SoR stays at very high. And doesnt go to FULL.

I know a lot of people came to SoR because of the WvW but the same can be said for BG and JQ. Any server in T1 has high wvw pop.

But your claim is thakittens more stacked than others and this is where I and some others will disagree. 1 you dont have any numbers to back up this assumption. 2. the only numbers we do have go Against this assumption. 3. The scores are always very even on the weekends, and SoR actually gets beat on reset nights and weekends. 4. Your whole argument is designed around ad hominem attack on the OP instead of maybe recognizing that SoR does really well becasue of the excellent community on the server that it has created, and the great atmosphere and positive attitude on the server, lets try to discredit it by calling the server more stacked than the other two and attribute it to the only reason it has done good as of lately.

Anyways I hope this thread gets locked soon tired of being trolled.

Excellent post…. but just to clarify we usually end the weekend 20k+ ahead……

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

let’s all focus on the positive guys. makes me sad that people think that of SoR.

so those on SoR, again, the server that you claim to be so proud of, give it genuine meaning to be able to say “I am of SoR!”

troll or no troll (though you all need to stop feeding and flaming one another or taking the bait or dousing yourself with gasoline….), i’ve never seen the point of being mean, obnoxious, or kitteny… sometimes, you don’t get what you put in, most of the time, you don’t get what you deserve… you just get what you get. simple as that.. what truly counts is how you act when something GOOD is begotten to you. if we’re gonna win, let’s win with GRACE.

Yup I agree< i can pretty much sum the whole thread up. Some guy posts a video to troll JQ and BG. They take the bait and some of them start posting troll comments. People from SoR read the troll comments, and just feed it. None of us really deserves this. Id like to apologize to JQ or BG if you are offended by that video. Besides maybe some of the guild buying comments made by indo everything else is true what he said. That is why SoR is so proud of the server. And that is why anytime someone say something bad about us we come on the forum to defend it. GL guys.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

not paying guilds to come here

IRON

Awesome guild ,well worth the coin

BTW, when we looked at the options and suggestions about moving to various NA servers, SoR was the only server that did not offer us the money to compensate for relocation expenses.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

SOR haz teh most #swagger, all otha servarz iz justine beiber jelly. SOR numba 1 foreva!

Yolo

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Edward.7362

Edward.7362

Very nice speech!

Desolation EU
Shandaara – elementalist, Liiana Iceclaw – warrior
Sir Edward Ironwing – guardian, Infinius Black – necro

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

all I see in the Video is a guardian running strait into 15-20 enemys, no dodge, just spamming 1 and if he has to use any 7-9 skills he clicks it with the mouse.

The mouse skill clicking killed me. Pro~

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

Dude Indo, come on SBI TS once in a while and give us a speech like that lol.

I’ve always seen SoR as a sister server to SBI because of the friends I have on SoR and how the attitude of the server so closely resembles the old SBI.

SBI is climbing out of the pit, and finding that old SBI never-die-attitude again.

Long live SoR! Much deserved!

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

SOR haz teh most #swagger, all otha servarz iz justine beiber jelly. SOR numba 1 foreva!

Yolo

lol, what he said.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

SoR: Home of bad clickers and 1337 dewds.

This thread got better over the night while I was gone lol.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

T1 has the best drama. Even TC and FA get along these days.

in WvW

Jahn.7019

OP doesn’t even play on SoR.

Perspective is important, the video was a rally when BG got a ton of transfer in from SoS and JQ was still stacked and SoR was the underdog. The philosophy of the video is true about how SoR never stops fighting and they never give up. But honestly, I don’t think you should take what forum trolls say as a indication of what the community at large believes.

SoR has a fantastic community by all accounts but other servers do as well. The server is resilient like no other and it is a proud server because of all that it has gone through but it’s obvious the poster is trying to create drama and hate from the outside in.

in WvW

Posted by: Voicer.8239

Voicer.8239

I’m sorry for all good players in SoR, but u guys will get the worst reputation ever bc of few ppl that just can’t enjoy a good moment in your server withouth chest thump and low mention to enemy’s servers. I’m from BG since day 1 of beta, I’ve never heard anything about “buying guilds” or any other nonsense, if gold was involved, was only to help transfers and tbh I dont see whats wrong with that. If [ X ] guild want to come to BG and we want them here too, why not help? What makes a great community? Ppl that help each other. Anyway thats my opinion.
I really dislike IRON comment that SoR was the only1 that didnt offer help for transfers. You just made us and others look bad for no reason and lost some respect from enemys, if you care about it and I rly think you dont, mb bc the concept is a lil bit to much for you to understand. We are all the same bro, you’re better than no1. Sorry if you cant see that.
So if u plz, WEAK UP!! SoR have a great community? Nice, good for you!! You have the BEST community?? Cmon, thats just BS, make you all look like $%#$@*. I dont even read posts that have SoR on sign anymore. SoR is momentary on 1st, but you have to beat JQ on gold medals and all that bs to even think in cheast thump guys. Even if you stay on 1st for a year, the moment you start to chest thump, is the moment that you prove to all of us “how great” you rly are.
All empires decline at some point, Happend with SoS and JQ, and I didnt like that at all. Yours in other hand…

#popcornreadytogo

(BlackGate)

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The best part of this post is that you are responding to a post from a BG player talking about JQ, and treating the BG player like he’s from JQ because he said something nice about JQ. Golden.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: Topix.6974

Topix.6974

As much as I hate BG and JQ (since they are who we are facing), I respect both servers as most of SoR does also. From my time in EB, I’ve noticed that BG and JQ have a truce on attacking each other, but we in SoR love the 2v1. Makes it a challenge for us which we love and hate. Especially all my hard trebbing I did on Anz just to open the walls for BG to zerg in and steal it!. Which was funny, but kitten ed me off since I went back to trebbing it again….

Good Luck on reset.

One thing I hate is the skill lag when all 3 servers are inside SM trying to take it/defend it. Hopefully ANet figures out how to fix it. Since it lags me when I’m at the keep trebbing Anz.

Mentally On Call – 80 Elementalist
Mentally Disturbed – [MD]
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Topix.6974)

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

I’m going to bookmark this and come back here any time I need to laugh so hard that I cry.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

(edited by Esoteric.5490)

in WvW

pot.6805

OP plays on SoR. Proof in his posting history.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I really dislike IRON comment that SoR was the only1 that didnt offer help for transfers. You just made us and others look bad for no reason and lost some respect from enemys, if you care about it and I rly think you dont, mb bc the concept is a lil bit to much for you to understand. We are all the same bro, you’re better than no1. Sorry if you cant see that.

This answer was not intended to offend anyone, it was made as a clarification that no one bought our transfer to SoR. We chose the weakest server (in terms of points) in the top three, and only because it was the weakest, and not because someone offered or did not offer money.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: Slyk.1452

Slyk.1452

well played I figured some day , SOR always played hard in defensive mode also , many servers all about the karma blitzing , have to settle down an learn presicion defense ,lol

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

T1 has the best drama. Even TC and FA get along these days.

All the drama is on the forums and consist of about 10 people doing it, enjoy =D
Everyone else is just having fun, this is probably the best T1 match up T1 has seen.
Unless you want to believe otherwise for whatever reason =D

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

This answer was not intended to offend anyone, it was made as a clarification that no one bought our transfer to SoR. We chose the weakest server (in terms of points) in the top three, and only because it was the weakest, and not because someone offered or did not offer money.

Well sadly you guys were deceived. I’m not complaining, and I won’t accuse SoR of intentionally doing this, but when you were scouting, their SEA was on break, putting out ppt as low as 60. Thats a clear impossibility without guilds actually not playing for a long period of time. By the time you transferred the break was over, and now SoR sometimes ticks at 300 even during SEA. Any map I zone into has a full map zerg or at least 50 people in it. I salute SoR for finally receiving perfect coverage, probably the most perfect since HoD, but unfortunately your playmates are a bit more tired than you are and require the same benefits fresh transfers bring, not just in terms of numbers but also to revive interest in the game. Bashing a server for requiring new transfers like that is the height of hypocrisy and probably a big reason why other servers strongly dislike your community.

On other things…

Since no one cares to remember, we always have to mention that Laylyn, a BG member from the guild HNT, created a massive recruiting thread for ALL servers to balance out all the tiers. We don’t swallow people out of greed – we simply wish to remain competitive for our opponents’ sake. Would you really want to beat on a dead server? But we never take on more than we need. At the height of HB’s WvW days, we would not even hear of any requests for any EU guilds to come over because we clearly had that timezone in our pocket, and would just say, oh but server x needs EU, tell them to go there.

At the end of the day, Blackgate craves equitable competition. Scores that are so close you couldnt even ram a quaggan squad in between them. If to achieve that we have to help people onto our servers…yes, they received our help for transfer gems ONLY, none of this thousands of gold per guild BS that SoR likes to mention so much…it’s because we are a community that’s watching each others’ backs and wants to fight a good fight. That we have lost many to attrition is nothing to be ashamed about. That is the nature of gaming: people will get bored, find a job, go back to school and move on. I personally can’t play as much as I used to, because my business is taking off. Many respected commanders have also similar situations. Thats life. You’ll have to shut down the computer one day.

There are untruths that have been repeated so much that they have accepted as the truth. A server whose leadership blatantly accuses other servers of bribery, for a motivational speech I should add, is immediately branded as hostile and toxic. That is not fair play and sporting competition. No one else preaches on the basis of character assassination and it shows in the record number of trolls the server carries. These are not individuals looking to muddle the mixture…its the result of the beliefs of the leadership taking root in the populace’s minds.

Sanctum of Rall is in a position to continue a legacy okittendness and excellence embodied in the name the server bears. My job in real life is marketing and branding, and I say this as a professional: I really do appreciate the heritage you’ve inherited. But every spiteful comment that comes out of your leadership drags that name through the mid and ensures that you will remain in cult status, instead of becoming something more…a true community that is seen as such by GAMERS and not just your members. You could be on the brink of creating an enduring legacy but unless you know how to build it right, minus the toxins, you’ll remain to be a group that believed by no one but itself to be great.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate