Solid WvW class

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: dogkat.4972

dogkat.4972

I recently returned to GW2 and bought HoT.
Currently working on a druid and have had fairly good results with her in PvP, but need to flesh out her druid spec line and update pets before WvW.

Longer term I would like to focus on WvW and PvP and am wondering if there are better options. I’d like reasonable ranged damage, reasonable survivability, and do like to provide buffs and/or healing to others during battle. I don’t need a flavor of the month class that will roll over armies… but something solid to use in WvW and PvP.

Should I continue with the druid or do you happen to know of a better fit?

Thanks

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

If you want range, you are a “backline” role. If you want to support your team, feel like you’re absolutely essential, and are comfortable being vocal on Team Speak then be an Elementalist.

If you are there to chew bubble gum and snatch some weaves, and are all out of bubble gum, then you want to be a necro.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Well Rev’s do buffs as well as ranged damage (with hammer) and setup right are absolute beasts.

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

Well Rev’s do buffs as well as ranged damage (with hammer) and setup right are absolute beasts.

I totally forgot about revenant. Post-pirate ship I see them having a rough time though. They don’t have the cantrips or the second health bar of eles and necros to survive the recently revived Pain Train.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Zergs nowadays seem to be 99% Dragonhunters and Revs (they are the most braindead to play), sprinkled with Eles and Necros. Maybe some Mesmers if they are organized and run that cancer boon share comp.

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I would say Dragonhunter/Guardian for frontline and typical stability-share etc role. It can Zerg, it can support, it can frontline with generic staff or lazy back line thanks to longbow “fire And forget” kind of feel with both the LB skills and F1 spear throw and pull target. There is also the possibility of roaming or 1v1 on it though I can’t quite say as I only ever play my DH/guard in zerging.

If not guardian then you would probably do best to heed the advice of those that state sticking with the “meta” for each class in wvw will beat help your team mates out there; Mesmer has it’s niche portal + veil bot use but also as others have stated the crazy boo share comp is around. Necros are standard back liners with their unblockable wells although IMHO I find it super boring and I prefer where the action is.. Frontline.

I’ve tried out full cleric frontline staff/sword+WH Druid and the heals are awesomeeee fun watching your CMD’s health go from 30% to just under 90% or so with the AF #3. Your own regen sources, condi cleanses + minor evades with sword (not sure if changed thanks to patch to ranger sword animation) keep you alive throughout fights unless you’re very hot focused. Not sure if Condi Survival ranger is still a thing but that a while ago was good for roaming.

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

As others noted DragonHunter is exactly what you are looking for. Even with the light nerfs they recently received they still the most complete class in the game. The only thing they don’t seem to have is easy access to swiftness or similar movement buff outside of Traveler runes.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

if you like smallscale, and you like the druid, it is very well suited for that! (I have heard)

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

As others noted DragonHunter is exactly what you are looking for. Even with the light nerfs they recently received they still the most complete class in the game. The only thing they don’t seem to have is easy access to swiftness or similar movement buff outside of Traveler runes.

Shouts, have 2 strong speed boons.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

With the stability changes anything is a possible choice.I myself prefer ranger/druid because I don’t suck as much.Play what you feel comfortable with.

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Maybe it’s just the build I usually always play but I constantly have perm swiftness on my guard thanks to traited shouts and staff#3.. Always over 1min+ of swiftness.

If people really don’t want to be pigeon holed into taking up that slot and trait though there is a food out there that gives boon duration but also 30 seconds of swiftness on kill, of which you can merrily stack up to 7+ mins of swiftness. Hope that helps.

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: dogkat.4972

dogkat.4972

I do have a Guardian that used to be my main WvW character when I played ~ 2 years ago.
Druid, or work on guardians DH spec, or choose something new like Ele or Rev.
Thanks for the suggestions; Gives me things to ponder.

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

but something solid to use in WvW and PvP.

Thanks

solid in WvW PvP
you must be a dueler and roamer then..
go thief or mesmer ftw

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I would go with Necromancer/Reaper. Solid PvPer, absolutely essential WvWer, strong all round class these days with the inane condi buffs.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Solid WvW class

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I recently returned to GW2 and bought HoT.
Currently working on a druid and have had fairly good results with her in PvP, but need to flesh out her druid spec line and update pets before WvW.

Longer term I would like to focus on WvW and PvP and am wondering if there are better options. I’d like reasonable ranged damage, reasonable survivability, and do like to provide buffs and/or healing to others during battle. I don’t need a flavor of the month class that will roll over armies… but something solid to use in WvW and PvP.

Should I continue with the druid or do you happen to know of a better fit?

Thanks

Hi

Now that stab got buffed, if you continue to play druid, you will suffer from the age old ranger problem, duid included: lack of spammable stab.

I already do. After trying out couple different toons these last couple days, druid / ranger has definitely fallen. Its still great for roaming, 1v1 s, etc. but for anything that goes beyond small scale it hurts not to have good stab. Druid just has too little of it and absolutely not enough coupled with stun breakers.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF