Solo Player = No Badge?

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Hi,

Trying to understand how I qualify for the WvW badge/token? If I get the stomp I get the token, that is clear, but why not if some one else stomps after I had downed my foe?

I want to run around solo, sometimes following a zerg but most times flipping camps and looking for 1vx

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

You don’t get a badge every kill. This game likes having random drop on it.

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: Ommu.1649

Ommu.1649

Each player kill doesn’t guarantee a badge drop.

If you solo someone you will get either 0, 1, or 2 badges.

If you down someone but someone else stomps him you will get 0, 1, or 2 badges. The other guy will also get 0, 1, or 2 badges.

If 100 players zerg 1 dude then each of the hundred players will get 0, 1, or 2 badges.

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag_of_Loot

It’s a bit simpler then what you assume. Every loot bag you get has a chance of 0-2 badges to be in it assuming the player is level 80. (It is based off level but I’m not sure what the cut off is before you don’t qualify for 2 possible badges.) All you have to do is get enough damage on the target to “tag” them so you qualify for a “bag of loot”

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Actually to make it perfectly fair, whenever you kill a person you should get all their gear. I mean…you killed them right?

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Actually to make it perfectly fair, whenever you kill a person you should get all their gear. I mean…you killed them right?

+1 bhagwad has spoken! Anet make it so!

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Mass AoE into a zerg has been the best for me so far. I always hear you should use sieges… but I prefer to be mobile and throw my grenades with my engineer – afaik 15 AoE limit instead of 5(with grandmaster trait throwing 3 grenades which each have their own AoE limit).

This is giving me a nice amount of badges. Especially if we get funny situations like:
Our zerg going into an enemy tower(empty)… enemy zerg rushing in behind us. We cap. Doors closed. Enemy can’t get out and we controll the walls. Nice farming. Lol.

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

This is giving me a nice amount of badges. Especially if we get funny situations like:
Our zerg going into an enemy tower(empty)… enemy zerg rushing in behind us. We cap. Doors closed. Enemy can’t get out and we controll the walls. Nice farming. Lol.

the problem with this is, you only get to kill them once that way.

if you leave the doors open, and don’t cap but simply wait inside, you can kill them as they come in, then keep killing them every time they come back, until they figure out what you’re doing and organize themselves.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

It seems to have gotten harder to get badges, today 10 kills – 0 badges. Monday 20 kills – 3 badges. I uses to 10 – 20 badges a day, what happened?

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: arka.8590

arka.8590

It seems to have gotten harder to get badges, today 10 kills – 0 badges. Monday 20 kills – 3 badges. I uses to 10 – 20 badges a day, what happened?

Math happened.

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

Every couple of days I buy a new batch of food+ nourishments, and that can cost me over 4 gold (how messed up is that)! When roaming i make NO money at all and lose profit on drops.. I HAVE to zerg 50% of the time just to make profit back. Yeah…

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

It’s simple. Shoot a player once, even if he’s already down and almost dead, and you have a chance to get 0-2 badges. It doesn’t matter if you downed him or 50 ppl did. So just run by and tag all downed players for maximum badges

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Every couple of days I buy a new batch of food+ nourishments, and that can cost me over 4 gold (how messed up is that)! When roaming i make NO money at all and lose profit on drops.. I HAVE to zerg 50% of the time just to make profit back. Yeah…

There seems to be something wrong with the tactics you are using. Each camp and NPC objective gives you roughly 2 silver + each guard usually drops something worth at least 16 coppers, but sometimes much more. E.g. today I farmed many supply camps and one veteran scout dropped a rare. If you solo kill the supply camp lord it usually gives 1-2 badges. And same if you solo kill enemy players, you usually get 1-2 badges. You also can gain 1 WXP rank per 1-2 hours of solo play and each WXP rank guarantees you at least a green item + some gold. I have opened soon 100 WXP chests and gotten 5 rares, zero ascended items, so maybe I have been a bit unlucky there?

I make roughly 0.5 gold/hour profit when I solo roam as an engineer. If you would just stay in the BL lake, you could potentially farm 2-3 gold/hour (kraits + the poor unfortunate souls who enter the water or come to that island), but that would be boring. If you can team up with some buddies and do supply camps + dolyaks fast and teleport from map to another, I am sure you could also make couple of golds per hour, but this would require very high mobility + changing from one map to another.

We are once again pitted against EU #1 and #3 servers, which have much better coverage and numbers as well. In other words I see the outmanned “buff” on me pretty much all the time. Yes, it gives me a bit better drops and no armor repair costs, BUT I am constantly under the threat of being over run by 4-40 player enemy team. Yes, sometimes those enemy zergs can chase down even a solo player, so it is not a task for those with weak heart.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Luthan.5236

I don’t even use the expensive food lol. Maybe worth if you are a dungeon farmer too. But since I don’t play dungeons and only do WvW and still want to make a bit money and save it I just use the next lower version of the food with the stats I want… until it is cheap enough to buy.

Yes… I only get lower stats then. But still better than no food. Good enough for zergin and throwing grenades in the zerg at least. Lol. I don’t need to worry about vitality or toughness – just running back and hide behind the zerg. Only using the damage food… and even without damage food doing enough damage to get badges.

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

If that happened I’d always go right for the dudes I see with legendary weapons…..even more than I do already. Those are kind of like a “HI I spent most of my time in PvE so i’m a free loot bag” sign. I know, I’m a horrible person. but I feel no shame. Loot is loot.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

Solo Player = No Badge?

in WvW

Luthan.5236

Maybe the guys with legendaries are more likely to drop precursors. Lol.