Solo Roaming

Solo Roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Hey guys Killchain back again with my next wvw guide video touching on Solo Roaming, as I have mentioned before I’m currently working on some guides to help the influx of new WvW’ers eager to get those Season 1 achievements and there can be this tension between WvW veterans and newer players so this is my take on helping educate the newbies and promote an awesome WvW community! So now to that sweet sweet Solo Roaming!

Youtube Link:

Prior to Entering WvW:

Before going into WvW you need to build your character with that Solo roaming playstyle in mind.
Take into consideration the following things…

1) Professions: Some professions are simply better equipped overall to Solo roam, however all professions CAN do it. Make sure you identify your classes weakness and strengths and build and gear accordingly.

2) Survivability: If in doubt with gear / traits or utilites always favour being more survivable. You must be self critical to be able to accept how skilled you are as a player and how much you can afford to go more offensive. The greater player skill then the more offensive you can build as you will be more alert to what to dodge, what fights you can and can’t take etc.

3) Mobility: Likewise when building your character keep movement in mind, whether through utilities or weapon sets, you should always be mobile whether to chase, run away or simply moving around the map.

4) Maps: Also decide on which map type to go on…borderlands or eternal battegrounds. The borderlands are usually the most popular for solo roamers and are definitely more forgiving. However don’t underestimate the potential of EB, if you truly want to improve your skill because EB you’ll find more unfavorable odds in fights it forces you to adapt and improve your player skill far quicker.

Objectives:

I encourage you to check out the video for more specifics on the objectives but as a solo roamer your main objectives will be…

Sentries – good for map awareness / presence
Dolyaks – Amazing for the war of attrition…kill on sight
Camps – A challenge to solo but certainly doable, provides 5 PPT
Ruins – Very Important each borderlands you own the bloodlust of nets you a kill per stomp.

While it won’t happen as often there is certainly no harm in joining in with other players if you happen upon them taking a tower or keep.

Final Thoughts / Tips:

1) Accept dying! Learn from the mistakes and try and improve you’ll die a decent amount don’t let it get to you!

2) Practise changing weapons out of combat, carry plenty of weapons around and switch to what would best suit your situation whether solo camp or helping with towers etc

3) Similar notion for utilities and traits, I often change utitilies depending on what other profession I’m about to face.

4) Call position of enemy zergs if you happen upon them, it helps your servers commanders =)

5) Practise learning the terrain, hidey holes, what jumps you can make, blink locations etc.

There we have it guys, hopefully that gives a little more insight into what your doing as a Solo Roamer and encourages those newer players to get in there! Please share this around to anyone you know that may be uneasy about trying WvW and where to begin =). Thanks for taking the time to read this.

~Killchain

Solo Roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

Nice vid and post dude, it’s crazy the amount of dmg a warrior and take and output!

Solo Roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Tyvm man =), and yea warriors are certainly in quite a comfortable spot atm….but I kinda wish we moved away from this CC bot style of play….I miss the axe shield burst builds but meta is meta =P