Solution for Mesmers in Keeps

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Simply change it so that only the Mesmer himself can use the portal. You can still use it for battle mobility. I’d say turn Mass Invisibility into Invisible, with the same duration and cooldown but only affects the caster.

I’ve been a Mesmer main for about 2 years and hide in keeps and portal people in on a regular basis. However, I’ve never been entirely comfortable with the idea that repairing walls and building siege and defenses can be negated by a Mesmer simply portaling a zerg in.

I’m not wild about AoE swiftness abilities either (on other classes) but that’s a story for another day.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Simply change it so that only the Mesmer himself can use the portal. You can still use it for battle mobility. I’d say turn Mass Invisibility into Invisible, with the same duration and cooldown but only affects the caster.

I’ve been a Mesmer main for about 2 years and hide in keeps and portal people in on a regular basis. However, I’ve never been entirely comfortable with the idea that repairing walls and building siege and defenses can be negated by a Mesmer simply portaling a zerg in.

I’m not wild about AoE swiftness abilities either (on other classes) but that’s a story for another day.

That is the worst idea I have ever seen on these forums.

Making portal only usable for the mesmer would delete them from every aspect of the game as that is their primary function in PvE, PvP and arguably WvW (though veil does have uses only in WvW).

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

If the only way you can contribute in WvW is as a portal kitten or veilbot, you deserve to be deleted.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

apharma.3741

If the only way you can contribute in WvW is as a portal kitten or veilbot, you deserve to be deleted.

The problem isn’t that a Mesmer can’t contribute its that other classes can contribute more at whatever role a Mesmer would full fill in WvW except veil.

And to respond to the latter part, if you can’t see that you deserve to be deleted -.-

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

Fun has everything to do with it. This is a game. Not a job. Or a duty. A game. And people play games for fun.

If you don’t find it fun, here’s a novel idea: Don’t do it!

But don’t complain if your objectives flip either.

It really is your choice.

Here, I’ll give you a real-world analogy: If you don’t lock your car when you leave it, you are at risk of having it stolen. Is locking your car any fun? Well, not really. But do you value your car, is it important for you and your overall “fun”… well yes.

What you’re doing is complaining about having to lock your car. Thieves should just be nice and not touch if because it’s too much of a hassle to lock it.

The correct analogy would be having to sit in your car despite having locked it, then putting on a blindfold and ear muffs, and if a thief breaks in he brings 20 friends who persuade you to hand over the keys. The tower or keep has gates, they are locked.

What’s being complained about is despite locking the car and spending time looking around the area, the thief was in the car all along and you couldn’t find them, or if you did you didn’t bring enough people to remove him, and he stole your car.

Having to use 10-15 people to sweep isn’t fun, and in less populated servers that’s three times the amount of people you have anyway.

After a while, rather than spend 20 minutes not finding the stealthed mesmer out of your hour of gaming time, people would rather do something they find even vaguelt rewarding, like, for instance, fighting other players.

Not everyone plays wvw 24/7 and thinks nothing of hunting mesmers for 2-3 hours at a time.

Any time I struggle with countering a class in WvW, I create that class, learn its weaknesses and strengths, then drive a stake into their little hearts. Stealth classes are counterable.

Please no EZ mode. If I can do it, so can you!

We even do it while outmanned. You’re SFR right? You have the most players 24/7 of all servers, lol. Sounds like too many are lazy. or, I hate to say it, it’s a L2P issue.

It’s nothing to do with L2p- one of my two mains is mesmer (but not the hiding in a keep variety).

It’s nothing to do with EZ mode.

It’s nothing to do with ‘they are counterable’.

It’s the fact it takes ten times as many people to find one mesmer and a huge pile of supplies (if you bother using traps, then positioning enough people near each one so if it triggers you have half a chance of downing the mesmer), and after the first hundred times it’s just boring, tedious and shows up the broken mechanic for what it is.

I don’t mind stealth per se- but it should come with pitfalls, like in Assassin’s Creed, where if you move too fast you are revealed or seen. To be able to stealth and run freely is a bad mechanic.

Very good mesmers can be almost impossible to kill even when revealed and with 4-5 players near them as their objective is not to fight back but rather to survive long enough to get away- and frequently they can burst down one of your party too.

Not everyone wants to spend their precious leisure time chasing shadows for no reward watching someone exploit a broken mechanic- they’d rather be fighting or whatever it is they logged in to do.

Anyway, let’s see how the new keeps make you enjoy sweeping for mesmers…

in WvW

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

Or they could make it that when you cap a keep/garrison, that when the Champion Keep Lord or Champion Tower Lord has Righteous Indignation, that the keep/tower has a -1000 health / sec degen on any enemy within the confines of said tower/keep, and being invis does not make you immune to this.

This would seriously ruin a lot of really good fights.

I don’t really see why people are so concerned about it. There is a tactic to the stealth mesmer/portaling in etc. If it gets over-abused in HoT with the chronomancer adjustments will be made.

Revealing shots on guards/lords would be pretty sweet though, but most likely would just result in the stealth classes not going near them… either way fine.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

in WvW

Posted by: Shaman.4513

Shaman.4513

I say give some classes -the Revenant for instance- a skill that remove stealth, everything in the game got a counter skill except for the stealth!

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Or they could just balance PU and fix The Pledge.

Until that happens I just use Sic ’Em! with its 2000 range to obliterate most PU Mesmers attempting to stealth away. Nothing quite as funny as watching someone use all their stealth skills during those 6 painful seconds. Always surprised by how little attention people pay to their skill bar.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I say give some classes -the Revenant for instance- a skill that remove stealth, everything in the game got a counter skill except for the stealth!

Are you kidding? I mean even if you are new to the game several people have listed ways to counter and remove stealth in this very thread.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Are you kidding? I mean even if you are new to the game several people have listed ways to counter and remove stealth in this very thread.

To be fair, there are no real counter to stealth once it is applied. Stealth traps are ridiculous and having to carry them and shell 10 supplies just to drop one is not a serious proposition.

Yesterday again, 20 ppl had to spend 15 min to catch 1 mesmer inside smc. And, no, these were not all idiots and incompetent ppl believe me… finding a mesmer can be a huge pain for tons of ppl and you can’t ignore them.

in WvW

apharma.3741

Are you guys that ignorant?

Revenant is getting a way to bring people out of stealth, it’s a 600 range reveal de buff.

Guardians are getting a trap that reveals players too.

Fix the pledge and it will all fall into line. Better yet make the pledge into something that doesn’t give cool down reduction but gives it a better function than 4 to stealth.

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Why not just make it so when bosses have RI they grant all npcs within the keep a reveal perk? When RI expires, itthe ability goes away. That way, when you capture a keep npcs will be able to assist in revealling any leftovers, but when RI runs off, its fair game… hidden mesmers would have to avoid players and npcs during the ri duration, and give defenders less area to lay stealth traps and aoes. Would also not hurt mesmers trying to sneak in to portal bomb, assuming the boss doesnt have RI…

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Wait- I want to understand this. You’re saying mesmers are bad because they can hide in a keep and port in their friends (if they’re not found). But so far no one has said anything about perma-stealth thieves hiding and then soloing the lord room to take an objective? Is that ok with the complainers in this thread?

in WvW

apharma.3741

Wait- I want to understand this. You’re saying mesmers are bad because they can hide in a keep and port in their friends (if they’re not found). But so far no one has said anything about perma-stealth thieves hiding and then soloing the lord room to take an objective? Is that ok with the complainers in this thread?

Yeah but thieves are like wounded cats, hobbling along on 3 legs in a sympathy inducing manner after all the nerfs. Sadly meowing pathetically from somewhere nearby.

Never mind that they’re tigers that can slice your head off in a clean swipe, focus on the the wounds and how they’re no longer the super cheese apex predator they were.

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

Mesmer/ thieves and somewhat trapper Rangers stealth is a part of the game …… if you realy think its soooo freaking fantastic to spend 30 min or more of your valuable gamingtime sitting in a keep /tower zzz…..roll mesmer.

ps …perma-stealth is a hack…and that suxmax

(ps : i have a mesmer, i only stealth if i need a cup of coffee read the news, pump the clown such lol)