Solution for the night capping

in WvW

Posted by: Joriel.1530

Joriel.1530

Ok first of all i would have posted this on the sticky thread but its not workin, it appears completly blank page.

I have suggested before for region lock but ya it wouldnt make many players happy and it could still not fix the unbalance, so i got another idea to solve the population unbalance issue during wvw nights which is by adding stronger npc guards that are defending the suplies, towers. etc. giving a decent challenge to any enemy zerg trying to conquer it.

By default the existent npc guards should get like “10x” tougher once 1 side gets outnumbered but it also should there be an upgrade option where you could add even more efficiency from those guards during outmaned situations.

i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz | GTX 780 | 8GB GSKILL RAM @ 1866mhz

in WvW

Posted by: Kog.6710

Kog.6710

Matt Witter

Game Designer

Greetings everyone!

We’ve received lots of feedback regarding night capping. Many want to know how Arenanet views this. Our answer is that WvW was developed as a never ending continuous battle.

We feel that everyone should have the ability to contribute no matter what time of the day it is. How we’ve came to this conclusion is that no player’s time is more valuable than another. Everyone has different off peak hours for whatever reason. Players should not be punished or unable to experience and view the same content as everyone else because they play at a different time. They too are paying customers.
This is not saying that we are against any adjustment to scoring, or against developing another mechanic to improve the capping system. This is simply saying that we will not be changing WvW based on some players’ idea of off time hours.

Please use this thread as the main discussion for this topic.

in WvW

Joriel.1530

im aware of that, if you had read my first sentence you wouldnt probably have copy pasted that -.-

Edited: ok now the sticky thread is working back again

in WvW

Posted by: Eanae.3178

Eanae.3178

The game should just shut off when you log off. No one else should be allowed to play according to their own hours.

in WvW

Joriel.1530

The game should just shut off when you log off. No one else should be allowed to play according to their own hours.

nice contribution with that post….
assumming that was some sort of sarcasm vs my original post where did i suggest something similiar like that?

in WvW

Posted by: Flarenza.8150

Flarenza.8150

Buffing NPCs is really the only good way to balance out the nightcapping issues. Every other suggestion I’ve seen has been too easy to abuse. NPCs do enough damage right now but they have no real survivability against numbers when there is no support for them. If the outnumbered buff is active the npcs should have about keep lord normal health for the veterans, and the keep lords should have the health of things like the Grub. This will at least slow them down a good amount without making them too powerful. Maybe add immunities to certain effects even since large numbers using blind spam trivializes all fights.

in WvW

Posted by: BioHaZarD.7904

BioHaZarD.7904

u all guys need to stop all this
if its that important for u that other side doesnt cap your stuff then dont go to sleep and guard it lol
i feel that the way wvwvw is now its good

in WvW

Posted by: Nuoper.7503

Nuoper.7503

Final solution DO NOT sleep sir.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hello

There is a sticky thread regarding Night Capping, please refer to it for discussion.
This thread is closed. Thanks