Solution to now OP arrow carts

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

With the new FOV update arrow carts are extremly OP because they do not need any skill to aim (point and click) and can shoot through obstacles.
My suggestion would be to make them work like mortars/trebuchets. That way it would take at least a bit of skill to use them and they would get obstructed by walls, roofs etc.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

With the new FOV update arrow carts are extremly OP because they do not need any skill to aim (point and click) and can shoot through obstacles.
My suggestion would be to make them work like mortars/trebuchets. That way it would take at least a bit of skill to use them and they would get obstructed by walls, roofs etc.

I support this idea. Maybe broaden the AoE circle a bit to compensate, but that would be more balanced.

edit: I didn’t read you carefully, but why would they be obstructed by walls? Their only purpose is to shoot over walls!

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

How about a fixed fov when operating siege? Would that work or would it be to limited.

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

How about a fixed fov when operating siege? Would that work or would it be to limited.

Others and me are thinking about forced first view while operating siege weapons.

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

I support this idea. Maybe broaden the AoE circle a bit to compensate, but that would be more balanced.

edit: I didn’t read you carefully, but why would they be obstructed by walls? Their only purpose is to shoot over walls!

Because they are shooting in an arc. If you build the ac at the bottom of a wall it should not be able to hit the stuff right behind the wall.

in WvW

Posted by: Krustydog.3072

Krustydog.3072

give them realistic reload times at least. I mean really, who loads a hundred arrows in a matter of seconds? I mean I get why, they want to stop the tower trading flipping play style but this makes it kitten near impossible. It rewards servers with more players even more. Better rewards for defending would have been a better option imo.

SoR FTW

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Fixed fov sounds good

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Fixed fov sounds good

Yep, can I take my word back and support this idea instead? It looks like a way easier fix.

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Because they are shooting in an arc. If you build the ac at the bottom of a wall it should not be able to hit the stuff right behind the wall.

One cannot try to apply real physics to an mmorpg. How do you explain stealth? And Infinite arrows/bullets? And Clones? The list of things that have no physical logic in the game is huge. It is not a physic simulator…

The FoV change is great. If something needs a nerf it would be superior siege dmg compared to regular one.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

One can apply real physics to MMORPGs wherever it makes sense. Easy mode point and click arrow carts need to go.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its always been like that the fov trick just not every one could do it please keep that in mind. Now just every one can do it. A cool trick you can do though now non line of side ability can work better such as line of warding ppl off of ac.
What they need to do is give ballista a non los attk that dose high dmg vs AC etc.. making it a true counter sieges. I guess you could remove the LoS for sieges disabler but that may be too much.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Been asking for this since launch to deal with the various zoom hackers that I have seen every week.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I think its just the AC animation is the same across every shot, no matter how close or far your target area is to the cart. Same static trajectory animation.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Wait, wasn’t there a glitch a long time ago with FOV that allowed this? I seem to remember something like this getting patched…had to do with resolution or something?