Some servers are starting to boycott the broken WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Anguloke.2706

Anguloke.2706

Yeah its gotten that bad in some places.

I think people are getting really disheartened and need to know you are seeing the problems with the current WvW system.

in WvW

Posted by: Isredel.4302

Isredel.4302

Just give it time. Game’s not even two months out there are a lot of issues that need to be worked out.

Viktor Rageclaw: Seaimpin na Cu, (Officer)
Gaiscioch Social Gaming Community http://www.gaiscioch.com/

in WvW

Anguloke.2706

Giving it time is not going to fix these issues. They are only going to snow ball, especially the transfer issue.

in WvW

Isredel.4302

Giving it time so that Anet can fix the issues won’t fix the issues? Please try to imagine how much they already have on their plates.

in WvW

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

The next patch (22nd) is going to include more than just Halloween stuff. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is heavy PvP as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

In all honesty yes there are some bugs with WvW but they aren’t as “horrible” as most are making them out to be.(Other then bots/hackers.)

In all reality people need to realize for WvW Anet should remove the ability to transfer to a server which is fighting the one you are on. That honestly would be the most advantageous way to limit “server hoppers” and keep everyone from “jumping ship” in the first 2-3 days of a match. Though it would also leave transfers open, so people can slowly balance WvW server power out, like it has started to head towards. (Even if it took 3-4 weeks of WvW for the #1 server to implode and scatter a bit, it did happen, slowly but surely smaller servers are becoming stronger, and larger servers are becoming a slight bit smaller.) It will take a while, though eventually it’ll happen.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: nvidia.3765

nvidia.3765

Two months? If ANET cannot see the issues after two months then they are not paying attention. The player base is not asking for more content or anything like that. They are asking them to fix current content.

in WvW

Isredel.4302

Two months? If ANET cannot see the issues after two months then they are not paying attention. The player base is not asking for more content or anything like that. They are asking them to fix current content.

Fixing content is actually a lot harder than creating new content.

in WvW

Anguloke.2706

The next patch (22nd) is going to include more than just Halloween stuff. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is heavy PvP as well.

With no word about it? If there was a major PvP patch coming they’d be talking about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

WvW is a lot of fun, I enjoy it ever time I go out, winning or losing and my server loses more then it wins. Sure there are problems, but nothing that truely stops you from having fun.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Stormcycle.4208

Stormcycle.4208

Are any of you people who are begging for changes, you know, buying gems and stuff to support development costs?

Because this game has no subscription fee. So if you want changes and aren’t buying gems then you are kicking yourself in the ****

in WvW

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

Knowledge is Power..

You people whining about WvW issues are simply denying some basic facts involved in the process, let AN do their job as they shown more than once they are more than capable of…
Changing game mechanics is not so “easy” as it may seems when you need to consider such a huge numbers of variables many of which are more on “social” or “personal preferences” basis involving thousand of players with different perspective and dedication..
Do not focus your mind on simple scoring and try to enjoy game even in a single fight, learn how to cope with your “i want to win the medal of best server ever” and see the beauty and the entertainment factor that GW2 WvW is actually offering.

Give them time, they have always responded to community, and if it s not fast enough for you then think about community as their customer and try to bend the “rule of customer satisfaction” in a private company.. it simply won’t happen..

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

Honestly, I believe in Anet. If I had a choice of doing betas for another year and the game being released…I’m so happy it’s released and Anet is working at helping give us what we want. I am super happy that I am not on the server that is into boycotting a company that works hard to give us a great game.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

Why in the world would you buy gems and hope that ANet “fixes” WvW? Whether you buy gems or not you are not funding a particular aspect of the game, they will prioritize what they want. They’ve already done a blog post for sPVP, people are mad, and rightly so, that for WvW it’s just silence. If you are not satisfied with a service, you don’t typically PAY MORE for it!

in WvW

Posted by: Stormcycle.4208

Stormcycle.4208

I was just wondering because in games like WoW and Rift you get these people who constantly make posts about how this or that should change and keep beating the drums for more content. I was just wondering if the people doing all of this complaining are also doing anything to support development costs.

You know, since this game isn’t charging you 15 dollars a month like World of Warcraft is.

Just a simple question and not intended to offend anyone.

(edit: They did say they have a design team dedicated to WvW, but I also think the silence about WvW is deafening. It would be nice if we got a comprehensive post from a developer on all their future plans for WvW)

in WvW

Posted by: spacemayu.4817

spacemayu.4817

Do you work for Anet?

How would you know what is difficult to do or not difficult to do within the context of this game. Armchair dev!

in WvW

Posted by: helosie.4781

helosie.4781

Easy way to fix this.
Players who transfer to a server will be unable to participate in WvW until the next rotation.

Iron-Bound [IB]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Chiro.5283

Chiro.5283

helosie.4781:

Easy way to fix this.
Players who transfer to a server will be unable to participate in WvW until the next rotation.

7 days would be better.. otherwise people would just transfer on the last day of the matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

Worse than transfer snowballs is that people will just leave the game.

What does transferring even fix? You’ll just run into the same problem(s) on the next server.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Do anet have time? Not IMHO, the mmo audience move pretty quickly these days. I watched BW sit on issues for ages with SWTOR and it destroyed that game. Anet have to make quick decisions.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Ninkasi.5071

Ninkasi.5071

Do you work for Anet?

How would you know what is difficult to do or not difficult to do within the context of this game. Armchair dev!

Pretty much, if GW2 client and server code were created properly changing game mechanics should only require changing some configurable variables. Fundamental bandwidth-related issues like invisible enemies in WvWvW could take forever to be fixed (or maybe never) though.

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

If the problem is the client doesn’t update fast enough giving a thief an extra few seconds of stealth, why not just reduce the length of stealth to account for rendering? Or they could tag any thief or mesmer to automatically load first. That would be kinda funny, for the first 10 seconds of a battle only they render and die

in WvW

Posted by: Zybane.6214

Zybane.6214

I think ANet is too busy working on silly Halloween events to be bothered with fixing “little things” like the entirety of WvW.