Somebody help me with this

in WvW

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Lately I’ve noticed just a few players can take camps almost instantly and take towers without the swords popping up. I’ve seen it mostly during EU time and from HoD server.
So tell me how is this happening? For example, I watched 3 HoD run into a camp that was t2 i think and maybe about 15-20 sec later the camp flipped. The same HoD were at Aldon’s tower and using catas on it and the wall was at 25% (a fortified wall) and no swords. These same HoD did the same thing with Golanta and Klovan.
So is this bugs being exploited or hacks or what? I’ve seen this from other servers as well and different time zones so not to just pick on HoD. My examples are from HoD cuz well it just happened like 10 minutes ago.
EDIT: I forgot to add that the “protect” event doesn’t pop either when this is happening.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Not sure if this is all related.

For example I can solo any camp easily and fast on the Reaper.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Anyone who can’t solo a camp is not doing it right. You need to practice.

Osu

in WvW

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Yeah I can too without a prob but it takes at least a min to kill everything and wait for the cap. ive been seeing it done in 15-20 sec. and thats with the 5 or so sec it takes to get to the camp from when Ive seen them. Maybe 30 sec at the most.

in WvW

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Depending on the class/build you run, and how upgraded the camp is, can be quite easy to moderately difficult to solo a camp (Easier still since they were a grp of 3). The tower may have been damaged already, sounds like they might’ve been flipping camps for supply as well, so there may have been a 4th at the tower slowly taking down a wall while the others were running around.

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

If a camp or tower is getting taken in literally 15-20 sec counting the capture ring, that’s not legit. Is the whole BL being taken in about 10min? If so I’d say the same hackers from the same tier banned 2-3 times from the last couple months leveled new f2p accts.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I’ll LOL if it is the hackers.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/223714/tumblr_nl6ph5UUHt1u9zrhbo1_1280.jpg

Three DPS builds can burn down a camp quite fast. 20 seconds for a tower sounds kind of wrong though.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

If a camp or tower is getting taken in literally 15-20 sec counting the capture ring, that’s not legit. Is the whole BL being taken in about 10min? If so I’d say the same hackers from the same tier banned 2-3 times from the last couple months leveled new f2p accts.

The towers aren’t flipping that fast. The prob with the towers is that the swords that indicate that its being attacked aren’t showing up and the “repel the enemy attackers” event isn’t popping. It was on eb. and they got klovan and almost had aldon’s. aldon’s was t3. but luckily somebody was runnign by aldon’s and saw them and they got killed haven’t seen them HoD since they were killed at Aldon’s. I don’t think these are hacks more that they are exploited bugs nobody knows about.

in WvW

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

I’ll LOL if it is the hackers.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/223714/tumblr_nl6ph5UUHt1u9zrhbo1_1280.jpg

Three DPS builds can burn down a camp quite fast. 20 seconds for a tower sounds kind of wrong though.

LMAO

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Yeah I can too without a prob but it takes at least a min to kill everything and wait for the cap. ive been seeing it done in 15-20 sec. and thats with the 5 or so sec it takes to get to the camp from when Ive seen them. Maybe 30 sec at the most.

If you’re a condi reaper it’ll be slower. Power reaper is probably the best camp-flipper in the game, despite the build’s reasonable/balanced performance against other players.

With LoS and the likes to get the mobs blobbed up, GS5 → GS4 → RS4 is often enough for me to kill everything except the supervisor, and even that usually ends up at about half health. A few seconds later from 25 might, it’s dead. Typically the cap is slow only because the ring takes longer to flip while alone versus more people.

in WvW

Posted by: Cirrion.8951

Cirrion.8951

The camps make sense; solo I can flip a camp fast enough that the swords go up seconds before fully capping it. I’m sure a small group could do it fast enough to bypass the swords altogether.

Are you sure that the towers never had swords, or did it just not have swords when it was flipped? There seems to be a cooldown on the Swords that can prevent them from showing if the target is engaged for too long, or if it is engaged, disengaged and then re-engaged after the swords clear.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Are you sure that the towers never had swords, or did it just not have swords when it was flipped? There seems to be a cooldown on the Swords that can prevent them from showing if the target is engaged for too long, or if it is engaged, disengaged and then re-engaged after the swords clear.

I’ve seen towers and keeps flip before with no defense event popping. It was maybe three matches ago I last saw that. I don’t think it is hacks; more the game bugging out. How does a fortified wall get to 25% with no swords showing? I’ve seen something similar at air keep once where we knew the wall south was low from scouts yet no swords. The timer on the defense event only started after I had run into north gate. IIRC I used /bug then.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

If the wall is only hit once every three minutes and no guards are aggroed, no defense event will pop. I can’t imagine this actually being used to take something as it’d be hours of work…

So, perhaps this is just a completely irrelevant post q_q