Something has to be done, Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: bigo.9037

bigo.9037

I like many others really enjoy playing this game. i play it mostly every day, and even though i might have some breaks where i dont play for a few days or a week or two, i always come back. And its funny, cus i dont do much else in this game than roam around in wvw, flip camps, come up with fun and cool tricks to mess with the other servers.. and of course, kill other players. i dont really enjoy conquest that much. it just isnt for me. although i always play during the ranked season for the legendary tittle. so for me.. wvw is where i spend most of my time, and its great.

BUT… there is ONE problem. its a really big issue for me and other roamers alike.. but i think it could be solved rather easily.

The problem… is the lag.

I transfered to piken square over 2 years ago with a friend.. and since then, the server has become the best standing server on EU. that means.. that my server will always have a lot of people in it. and we are fighting against other servers that also have a lot of people playing all the time. and this is the problem. eeverryyy single kitten day during “prime time” ( which is basically from 16:00 to 23:00 ) Eternal battlegrounds and usually also the other borderlands.. will be laggy. very laggy.

this is a huge freakin’ deal honestly. it literally makes the game unplayable during those times for me and many others who dont want to zerg all day.

it makes it impossible to win outnumbered fights with lag, cus when everyone is lagging, skill matters less, as things are more up to chance. and when they have more people.. yea you get the point.

so PLEASE … ANET.. fix the servers. you dont have to upgrade server capacity or whatever for every single server. just the ones that need it. all the top servers with a bunch of people in them. nobody likes the lag.. it sucks. roaming is out of the question while its laggy.

plenty of other areas in the game are fine and dont seem to lag even though theres lots of people in there. you could even decrease the capacity for smaller servers if youd like.
just do something about it. id gladly pay a bit of money just for the servers to be fixed tbh. it really sucks when you cant play..

in WvW

Posted by: kroter.1326

kroter.1326

you dont have to upgrade server capacity or whatever for every single server. just the ones that need it. all the top servers with a bunch of people in them.

Let’s not play favouritism here. Low tiers also have terrible lags. And they also have people on them during prime time to the point of queues, especially after all this population balance and server linking.

in WvW

bigo.9037

you dont have to upgrade server capacity or whatever for every single server. just the ones that need it. all the top servers with a bunch of people in them.

Let’s not play favouritism here. Low tiers also have terrible lags. And they also have people on them during prime time to the point of queues, especially after all this population balance and server linking.

i didnt k now this was the case, but ok. then they will just have to upgrade across the board tbh.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

At times I think they need to put Mag, JQ, and CD + their partner servers all in T2 and redistribute the rest of us into T3.

But then I remember how the blobs are busy queing up maps ringing up orange swords constantly and the lag affecting roaming. It’s a little frustrating and typically leads to most logging off.

I just wish anet would acknowledge posts like yours OP instead of just letting it build and build into an argument on the forums.

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

The lag is as bad as it’s every been. It’s pretty pointless to play for the huge battles when you can’t use your kitten skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

As usual if you have lags and want to complain about them at least verify that it is really Anets fault by running a traceroute.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

sadly for the first time in a long time I experienced some nasty lag tonight. It wasn’t just me either.. I watched other people pop around the screen.. many times I hit skills and watched as I died waiting for them to kick in.. arg… after about an hour it seemed to clear up though… still..arg..

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

bigo.9037

As usual if you have lags and want to complain about them at least verify that it is really Anets fault by running a traceroute.

i dont think you understand what im talking about. this isnt just me its affecting. its everyone playing in wvw at that time. i can play in SPVP, and there will be 0 lag. but as soon as i log into eternal battlegrounds, it starts lagging like crazy. how many times have i tried tracerouting..? i dont even know. when i first started playing wvw years ago, i also thought it was my own internet. but nope.

if you ask people in map chat.. they all say the same.

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

i dont think you understand what im talking about. this isnt just me its affecting. its everyone playing in wvw at that time. i can play in SPVP, and there will be 0 lag. but as soon as i log into eternal battlegrounds, it starts lagging like crazy. how many times have i tried tracerouting..? i dont even know. when i first started playing wvw years ago, i also thought it was my own internet. but nope.

if you ask people in map chat.. they all say the same.

Then it shouldn’t be a problem for you to actually prove whose fault it is by posting a recent traceroute.
A traceroute would also be more helpful for Anet to fix things instead of just saying I’m lagging do something.

And for a widespread issue there doesn’t seem to be much complaining either ingame that I’m aware of nor here on the forums.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

(edited by Turamarth.3248)

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

hello. i come from Fissure of Woe. and before linking with whatever server, never had lag issues (in our low tiers 7-8-9) basically never had 100 people each server in each map and never saw and never had fights 50 vs 50.

linking will be permanent?

well Anet, its the time you do something to sort out this LAG

can’t even press 1 and if you try to do do a skill, a swap attunement, a swap weapon, you find yourself dead because it triggered 5s later .

this isn’t the way of handling problems.

by the way Anet, does someone of your staff plays wvw after linking? do you know there is a lag problem?

regard.

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I like many others really enjoy playing this game. i play it mostly every day, and even though i might have some breaks where i dont play for a few days or a week or two, i always come back. And its funny, cus i dont do much else in this game than roam around in wvw, flip camps, come up with fun and cool tricks to mess with the other servers.. and of course, kill other players. i dont really enjoy conquest that much. it just isnt for me. although i always play during the ranked season for the legendary tittle. so for me.. wvw is where i spend most of my time, and its great.

BUT… there is ONE problem. its a really big issue for me and other roamers alike.. but i think it could be solved rather easily.

The problem… is the lag.

I transfered to piken square over 2 years ago with a friend.. and since then, the server has become the best standing server on EU. that means.. that my server will always have a lot of people in it. and we are fighting against other servers that also have a lot of people playing all the time. and this is the problem. eeverryyy single kitten day during “prime time” ( which is basically from 16:00 to 23:00 ) Eternal battlegrounds and usually also the other borderlands.. will be laggy. very laggy.

this is a huge freakin’ deal honestly. it literally makes the game unplayable during those times for me and many others who dont want to zerg all day.

it makes it impossible to win outnumbered fights with lag, cus when everyone is lagging, skill matters less, as things are more up to chance. and when they have more people.. yea you get the point.

so PLEASE … ANET.. fix the servers. you dont have to upgrade server capacity or whatever for every single server. just the ones that need it. all the top servers with a bunch of people in them. nobody likes the lag.. it sucks. roaming is out of the question while its laggy.

plenty of other areas in the game are fine and dont seem to lag even though theres lots of people in there. you could even decrease the capacity for smaller servers if youd like.
just do something about it. id gladly pay a bit of money just for the servers to be fixed tbh. it really sucks when you cant play..

Can you change the title to reflect what you are talking about?

“BUT… there is ONE problem. its a really big issue for me and other roamers alike.. but i think it could be solved rather easily.

The problem… is the lag."

It’s a game wide problem in mass combat situations. It can’t be “solved rather easily”.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

I’d rather see this worked on than puttering around with repair hammers, to be honest. A girl can dream, right?

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Solving lag issues, regardless of where the lag is occurring, is notoriously difficult. If you really want ANet to do something about it, give them as much details as you can.

• Best: several results from /tracert, notably during lag and when you don’t perceive lag.
  • Not-nearly-as-good: using the in-game /bug reporting tool during perceived lag
  • Not entirely useless: including time/date + /ip address + approx location on map + symptoms

Without data, ANet won’t be able to troubleshoot what’s going on and more data is better.

As Turamarth has said, latency often is a result of things outside of ANet’s direct control (and this will keep happening more often until governments & utilities get their act together & plan for the massive growth of internet usage). For ANet to get 3rd party internet service providers to help, ANet would need to provide them with details, including /tracert reports from players.

tl;dr run /tracert and send the data to ANet & get your fellow WvWers to do the same.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

yesterday was so unplayable for me in ag’s match up against sfr and riverside. was so annoying we were trying to capture sm and couldn’t even use my skills. trying to drop trap no use elite no use poison valley no use change weapon nope. nothing only 11111111.

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

yesterday was so unplayable for me in ag’s match up against sfr and riverside. was so annoying we were trying to capture sm and couldn’t even use my skills. trying to drop trap no use elite no use poison valley no use change weapon nope. nothing only 11111111.

This is exactly why I prefer passive regen healing skills over a button click required one. No matter how laggy and skills not firing off… i’ll still always have regen up which liekly gives me a slight edge over my opponent who is hammering his keyboard hoping a skill pops off.

The wierd thing i find is … why does auto attack even work in that scenario. Every other skill does the flashing (like it may trigger but doesn’t activate) yet hammering 1 works still even in lag infested conditions? does anyone know? I would have assumed attack #1 would fail just as #2 – #5 fail.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Solving lag issues, regardless of where the lag is occurring, is notoriously difficult. If you really want ANet to do something about it, give them as much details as you can.

• Best: several results from /tracert, notably during lag and when you don’t perceive lag.
  • Not-nearly-as-good: using the in-game /bug reporting tool during perceived lag
  • Not entirely useless: including time/date + /ip address + approx location on map + symptoms

Without data, ANet won’t be able to troubleshoot what’s going on and more data is better.

As Turamarth has said, latency often is a result of things outside of ANet’s direct control (and this will keep happening more often until governments & utilities get their act together & plan for the massive growth of internet usage). For ANet to get 3rd party internet service providers to help, ANet would need to provide them with details, including /tracert reports from players.

tl;dr run /tracert and send the data to ANet & get your fellow WvWers to do the same.

Erm you realise that everyone knows that the lag issue is Anet’s end (be it game engine, net code, servers, whatever), so traceroutes are utterly pointless, when you are on Teamspeak with 80 people and for example have a 3 way blob fight at SM and everyone is complaining about the lag, and that it is coming from people in different countries, with different ISP’s, going through different hubs, then well there is only one common denominator.

Lag will always be an issue because it is down to their game engine, coding, combat mechanics not being designed for large scale fights, they are never going to address it properly, because they’d have to rewrite their engine, if they were honest they’d simply come out and say it is never going to solved, but transparency isn’t a strength with Anet.