Something needs done with ET and DR.

in WvW

Posted by: Happyangrycatfish.1725

Happyangrycatfish.1725

So if you aren’t in one of these two servers or don’t vs us you probably don’t understand how terrible it is. Every week we get matched up against another server that is nowhere near size. ET gets maybe a 6-7 person group going at best on the average day. Most of the day its just 1-2 people roaming. Every so often we will have larger depending on guilds and their WvW events. But I’m just about fed up with how inactive it is. I’m not asking for 20-30 person squads going all the time. I just want to be in the competition. We are no match at all for the servers we vs and it’s pathetic. I don’t dislike ET I love the server and the small WvW community we have playing they are awesome to roam with but if all you do is take camps the majority of the week it gets old. I can’t remember the last time ET won at the end of the week. I know this is just another ET complaint topic but Anet needs to do something to help us lower tier servers. I’m not sure how DRs whole situation is there but they seem to place very similar to us.

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

Understand your feelings man. I’m in UW. WvW is dead here. literaly.

Anet needs to do something plzplzplz

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Happyangrycatfish.1725

Understand your feelings man. I’m in UW. WvW is dead here. literaly.

Anet needs to do something plzplzplz

UW?

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

Underworld. basically the last server ever^^

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

So here’s the thing

Both your servers have people on them.

Both your servers have 1 major problem, which is that neither of your servers have someone or some people to step up and lead to change the server culture away from that of casual random non-comms karma training or roaming into a group focused PPT focused server.

I spend quite a lot of time down in T5-T8 NA servers on my alt account and they all have 1 thing in common: There’s no one spamming teamspeak details in map chat. In fact, when I ask for teamspeak details, I often get confronted, cussed out and get called a spy. That to me is hilarious cause you guys are ranked way at the bottom with nothing to lose each week to even need to care about spies

Also, UW is Underworld. Ranked dead last in EU due to some… drama that happened several months back. Nasty situation that split the server and caused a lot of people to transfer off.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Player made server merge?

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

I have to agree with Reverence post about spy. The thing is, as stupid as it may seems, the tier 8 servers are actively spying on each others… Maybe it’s out of boreness and they are trying to find a group to fight or to make themself more “competitive”. It’s to the point that commander won’t put a tag up because they are scared of spies.

The problem with that is that when you have a map without a tag it looks like a dead map to anyone that is new to WvW. If there is any hope that the server rebuilt itself it will be by always having a tag on the maps. The karma train is practically always the first step that any WvW player experienced before joining a WvW guild, getting in teamspeak and becoming a great players. But it’s inexistant down there. We can all thank EotM and Megaserver for that…

Anyway, just saying that without putting up a tag, even if they spy on you (as lame as it is), you won’t get out of there.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

There is no one spamming TS info because there are no more “big” wvw guilds left…

You just can’t consider that our problem is due to “us not stepping up”. I’m part of [ZERK] one of the last remaining active wvw guilds and we’ve been here since almost the start of the game and if I come today to make a thread about population and also comment here it’s that there is a serious problem that won’t resolve with some random top tier player explaining that we need to kittening step up and somehow herd all the remaining trolls and farmers that were obviously left outside of migrating guilds due to their toxic behaviors (all the blind pvd, trebuchet placement, insults, spy suspicions you can eat in a 4ppl populated eternal battlegrounds!)

Sorry for the anger here but it’s gotten to the point where wvw is just downright depressing. Plus let’s add a couple hackers on Blacktide atm insta taking keeps and you can imagine why there is no recovering from this on our own.
Also what “drama” are you referring to plz? Something with [WvW] (the guild)?

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Happyangrycatfish.1725

So here’s the thing

Both your servers have 1 major problem, which is that neither of your servers have someone or some people to step up and lead to change the server culture away from that of casual random non-comms karma training or roaming into a group focused PPT focused server.

I spend quite a lot of time down in T5-T8 NA servers on my alt account and they all have 1 thing in common: There’s no one spamming teamspeak details in map chat. In fact, when I ask for teamspeak details, I often get confronted, cussed out and get called a spy. That to me is hilarious cause you guys are ranked way at the bottom with nothing to lose each week to even need to care about spies

Also, UW is Underworld. Ranked dead last in EU due to some… drama that happened several months back. Nasty situation that split the server and caused a lot of people to transfer off.

The sad truth is SF who pounded us last week were spying on us. They don’t even need to spy all the fights they won’t were 15v2 its a mess.

in WvW

Happyangrycatfish.1725

Yeah people need to ‘step up’ but 300 gold for a tag is steep for a lot of people. Not really encouraging more of our good WvW’ers to purchase.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Well truth be told, there are only three answers. Stay where you are and be miserable, transfer and have fun (hopefully), or stop playing…..

Maybe hot will offer some relief, but I haven’t heard that servers are changing…..

I know it isn’t the answer you want, but I don’t know of any other solution coming down the pipe…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Happyangrycatfish.1725

Myself transferring out doesn’t fix ET. If other people transfer out that doesn’t help ET. Either Anet needs to give people cheaper/free transfers to low servers or find some other solution to fix us. People transferring doesn’t change the problem. I may stop complaining but then others will have the same complaint.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

In my day, we frequently saw announcements in Lions Arch like: “Massive Golem Rush in 5 minutes in EB,” or “Our Garri needs help right now, please come.”

This got people curious and excited about WvW. This is an MMO, people love community events, and that’s exactly what these were. If you never entered WvW before, you’d come in for the first time with a sense of purpose and belonging and that hooked you in. Now people come into WvW for the first time, wander about aimlessly by themselves, get ganked a couple times, log out and never return.

Megaservers was a massive loss for WvW. (Player-run PvE events are very few and far between also these days.)

in WvW

Happyangrycatfish.1725

From what I read about the mega servers. It sounds like it needs down toned a bit to more like miniature megaservers. To more like 3 servers or so in each one. That way there could be a bit more communication with your fellow server people outside WvW.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Yeah people need to ‘step up’ but 300 gold for a tag is steep for a lot of people. Not really encouraging more of our good WvW’ers to purchase.

Agreed here, but that’s why voice comms are SO important. If you have a group in comms, you don’t need a tag. You can still do a lot of work.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: darkwarder.3645

darkwarder.3645

The sad truth is SF who pounded us last week were spying on us. They don’t even need to spy all the fights they won’t were 15v2 its a mess.

Spying how? I’m on SF and an active WvW’er. WTH are you talking about spying? SF is having some success, finally, because we have a few active WvW guilds for the first time in over a year, including one that plays alot over night. If you’re in ET, try following SQD around. They have their act together, you might learn something. If you’re in DR, you have the numbers, there’s no excuse.

The spying comment is just bizarre.

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

ET and DR both dead except weekends in NA. Occassionally, I do see ET has an OC guild TAL running around for a few hours so it’s kind of welcoming. DR gets pretty puggy onn NA weekends and OC is dead. IoJ is puggy too and can get 20+ pugs running in OC. Otherwise compare T8 early 2014 to T8 now, it’s definitely dead. Fun times fighting IoJ and ET, a bit refreshing since Im tired of fighting SF to the point where we are too familiar with the people we are fighting.

Spying? Nope never happens in bronze as per my exp. It did happen alot in the high silver tiers.

Oh btw IoJ, it’s been an interesting rivalry in the old days (and s3) bet IoJ and DR. Never thought both would meet again in the gutters.) GF

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

Happyangrycatfish.1725

Spying how? I’m on SF and an active WvW’er. WTH are you talking about spying? SF is having some success, finally, because we have a few active WvW guilds for the first time in over a year, including one that plays alot over night. If you’re in ET, try following SQD around. They have their act together, you might learn something. If you’re in DR, you have the numbers, there’s no excuse.

The spying comment is just bizarre.

Tell that to the inactive guys in EB that never move.

in WvW

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I originally started in ET. Back then you need WvW map to get world map completion so I had to transfer out just to complete my map since ET has no WvW community. Now I would love to transfer back to ET and help out. But the transfer fee is just way too expensive. Hopefully there will be free transfer for those going to lower tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

An easy thing Anet can do with HoT pending is to base server population on glicko rating to try and drive new players into the lower tier servers. Right now their population ratings make zero sense under the mega server.

Here’s hoping DR, ET and IOJ see some recovery in WvW populations with HoT coming out.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

In my day, we frequently saw announcements in Lions Arch like: “Massive Golem Rush in 5 minutes in EB,” or “Our Garri needs help right now, please come.”

This got people curious and excited about WvW. This is an MMO, people love community events, and that’s exactly what these were. If you never entered WvW before, you’d come in for the first time with a sense of purpose and belonging and that hooked you in. Now people come into WvW for the first time, wander about aimlessly by themselves, get ganked a couple times, log out and never return.

Megaservers was a massive loss for WvW. (Player-run PvE events are very few and far between also these days.)

I agree, the Megaserver changed the very basics of WvW – the callout and rally.

Horrid choice – and WvW hasn’t been the same since.

Oh, let’s not forget the recruiting aspect of megaservers, we can’t – too many NOT on our server whom we are AGAINST would hear us and know we are asking for more players… really the worst of all situations and Anet didn’t care one bit.

Megaserver=Contestant for biggest fail change in the game.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

An easy thing Anet can do with HoT pending is to base server population on glicko rating to try and drive new players into the lower tier servers. Right now their population ratings make zero sense under the mega server.

Here’s hoping DR, ET and IOJ see some recovery in WvW populations with HoT coming out.

Everyone wants GLICKO reset – every single person who understands the dynamic wants to start over.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Everyone wants GLICKO reset - every single person who understands the dynamic wants to start over.

Everyone that understands how glicko works wants to avoid just that. ET-DR-Black Gate (or nay other Tier1 server) wouldn’t be fun. You can complain all you want about glicko, but over average it will give you the closest thing there is too an even fight.

reseting glicko is only going to cause 2-3+ months of match-up mayhem, where every single fairweather and pug will leave. And then in the end, you will be back where we are now, same server order in the new reset glicko (with exceptions of new implosions and bandwagons).

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

So here’s the thing

I also spent 1 and a half years on T8-T6. And apparently it must have been some other T8-T6 NA then the one you were on. I have personally done all the things you speak of and much much more. All to no avail.

Our small group recruited heavily from PvE, we had dedicated days to bring in folks from PvE and help out, training days, spammed map both in and out of WvW, all that stuff.

We finally got enough people and trained and refined our fighting to go up against overwhelming odds to up a few tiers. We made it to T6 with an occasional match in T5, and thats when everything just turned sour.

No matter what we did or how hard we fought, and I tell you, we fought MUCH MUCH harder then the guilds from T2 or T1, there is just NOTHING absolutely kitten I N G NOTHING, that we could do against nightcapping. After a few months, this just got so old and right down depressing our community dissolved and we all went our seperate ways. Vast majority of us went on prolonged breaks or outright quit the game altogether and have not come back yet.

The effort on our part was immense, and our execution was right down flawless + then some including kitten that the mighty upper tier guilds can’t even think of. Many of us stayed up literally 24 hours trying to recruit some Aussie or SEA or EU players, etc. MANY MANY times. When is the last time your kitten has stayed up 24 hours playing WvW and recruiting at least once every 2 weeks ? You think its that easy ? You think, you just map spam and things will magically happen and off prime time players will magically appear ? Your comments are very ignorant in all these matters and it is clearlyou havent tried any of what you are actually attempting to speak of or you would know this and not make them.

Sticking people on low tiers WvW for prolonged periods of time is a good way to entirely drive people away from the game.

Personally I would love to see the bottom 2-3 tiers just merged straight into other tiers. In the current state ov overall WvW in GW2, there would still be plenty of empty maps for roamers to roam if they so desire, in combination with other improvements it could really revitalize WvW, instead of further sliding it down.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

So here’s the thing

Personally I would love to see the bottom 2-3 tiers just merged straight into other tiers. In the current state ov overall WvW in GW2, there would still be plenty of empty maps for roamers to roam if they so desire, in combination with other improvements it could really revitalize WvW, instead of further sliding it down.

As an Underworld player I find myself considering that as the best “option” for now. We are LITERALLY denied a gamemode by the current situation

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Night capping and population problems can be taken care of somewhat by a PPK / PPF (point per flip) system. Add in a bonus for taking an upgraded item.

Holding something over time already gives the huge advantage of upgrades; it should not also reward points just for holding it on an empty map.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Night capping and population problems can be taken care of somewhat by a PPK / PPF (point per flip) system. Add in a bonus for taking an upgraded item.

Holding something over time already gives the huge advantage of upgrades; it should not also reward points just for holding it on an empty map.

They would have been better off designating servers as NA prime, eu prime, sea prime, OCX prime in clusters of 3. Ppt could remain the same as it is for the servers prime. In the off prime some sort of revision tosomething like ppk only generates ppt could work. No one time zone is less important as long as you pick the proper server. If you want to play on non-designated prime, you still can and you can generate ppt if you so desire – just not by pvdoor and holding things with no opposition.

I am sure there are flaws to this, but I don’t think designated servers with different forms of ppt during the servers non-prime would be too bad.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

darkwarder.3645

I would tell them, but they were AFK. We have AFK people too, even during peak times. Maybe you’re big into conspiracy theories, but there weren’t any spies. That’s just nuts. You might want to check out how we’re doing in T7. Do we have spies in BP and FC, too?

in WvW

Posted by: abclemons.7093

abclemons.7093

I kind of like this idea. The only problem I could foresee would be that it would lead to a K-Train mentality. Why defend? Let them cap, and we cap back. No loss, just points exchanged. I think it would have to be combined with PPT… Let something generate PPT for “x” turns then it rolls to a point neutral state for the owning team.

Koffix (ele) | Koffix Sprockets (engi ) | Koffix Shadows (teef) | Koffix Clones (mes) |
Koffix [xxx] (all the rest)
[Phnx] Phoenix Rises from the Ashes | Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

one solution could be for anet to dissolve the bottom 3 server, and let the players there move to any non-full server of their choice for free.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

What if…. you transferred to a WvW server?

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I kind of like this idea. The only problem I could foresee would be that it would lead to a K-Train mentality. Why defend? Let them cap, and we cap back. No loss, just points exchanged. I think it would have to be combined with PPT… Let something generate PPT for “x” turns then it rolls to a point neutral state for the owning team.

Both and, it also means that if the enemy doesn’t bother to retake anything, the K-train dies, because there is nothing to take. The defending server doesn’t have a reason to take things back until they feel they can hold it. Both for good and bad.

Personally I’d prefer a system where you have PPA and PPD. Points Per Attack/Defence, So you link it to the attack/defence events. Or another solution for the same, to tie points to actual confrontations between two different sides. Means that you have to seek enemies to gain points. The negative aspect (or tactical, matter of perspective) is that if you see enemy comes with 40+ and you’re guarding your tower alone, you can bail and run away before the defence event, so you deny them points.

one solution could be for anet to dissolve the bottom 3 server, and let the players there move to any non-full server of their choice for free.

Don’t know if you just worded this badly or not. But if you remove the last 3 servers (in NA atm Ioj, DR and ET) what is stopping them from going to top 3 tiers ? thus furthering the very same problem that has led to those three servers being left where they are today in the first place ?

If you’re first going to mess with the server structure, then you should try to merge a tier7 + tier 8 server into a new one. To raise the population that way. Something like rank 19+24, 20+23 and 21+22 in theory. In practise it takes a good bit more than that, because you also have to look to each servers Coverage, and match it up so you don’t get to many loop-sided coverage miss-matches.

If not, all you’re really asking is: “Give me a free transfer out of this kitten-hole!”

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Happyangrycatfish.1725

I would tell them, but they were AFK. We have AFK people too, even during peak times. Maybe you’re big into conspiracy theories, but there weren’t any spies. That’s just nuts. You might want to check out how we’re doing in T7. Do we have spies in BP and FC, too?

You seem to act like I’m hating on all of SF. Let’s face the facts they may not be well known or ‘with it’ people on SF. But stray people do get the idea to try to be important and go spy. Its not a conspiracy theory but I’m not blaming you or all of SF. It’s just a fact.

in WvW

Happyangrycatfish.1725

What if…. you transferred to a WvW server?

Send me the 2000 gems in the mail as soon as you can please. Also you missed what I said. I don’t want to leave the good core people on ET. Their on some awesome guys there. Read my post next time please.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

-snip-

I was on DH when they were in T7, ET and SoR when they were in T8, CD when they were between T5 and T6, all this over the course of around 6-8 months just looking around at how each server operated.

I noticed one trend through all of those servers, was that they all had pretty significant numbers during NA prime, but rarely did the guilds and pugs work together for anything other than a karma train.

Recruiting PvE players doesn’t work. Recruiting for anything outside of NA prime under T3 doesn’t work. You guys were overreaching yourselves and burnt yourselves out with stupid decisions.

Very very very few non-NA players that are serious into WvW will stick around in anything under T3 so trying to recruit those players into your server and get them serious will only cause them to leave the server in a few months anyway as they search for a better WvW experience.

A redirection of the bronze tier culture towards group play over solo play needs to be made if you guys want to grow your server. At least, that’s my opinion of the matter.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

-snip-

I was on DH when they were in T7, ET and SoR when they were in T8, CD when they were between T5 and T6, all this over the course of around 6-8 months just looking around at how each server operated.

I noticed one trend through all of those servers, was that they all had pretty significant numbers during NA prime, but rarely did the guilds and pugs work together for anything other than a karma train.

Recruiting PvE players doesn’t work. Recruiting for anything outside of NA prime under T3 doesn’t work. You guys were overreaching yourselves and burnt yourselves out with stupid decisions.

Very very very few non-NA players that are serious into WvW will stick around in anything under T3 so trying to recruit those players into your server and get them serious will only cause them to leave the server in a few months anyway as they search for a better WvW experience.

A redirection of the bronze tier culture towards group play over solo play needs to be made if you guys want to grow your server. At least, that’s my opinion of the matter.

I understand, now, been there, done that as well. We had almost every single guild partake in WvW etc. at the peaks we had around 200+ peeps on voice coms and we could que 3 maps.

The burn out came because of nightcapping. No matter how well we recruited, how well we fought or didnt fight, how much effort we put in, its all in vein when you go to sleep and check the match up results before you go to work. Most people got burned out from that.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

darkwarder.3645

You seem to act like I’m hating on all of SF. Let’s face the facts they may not be well known or ‘with it’ people on SF. But stray people do get the idea to try to be important and go spy. Its not a conspiracy theory but I’m not blaming you or all of SF. It’s just a fact.

I’m not trying to be a jerk to you. SF spent more time on the bottom than ET, I can sympathize with your frustration. But, seriously, there are no spies. ET, has not even been relevant, they have one guild that anyone even pays attention to in WvW. No person is spying. I am in the server TS, and not once in the years I’ve played has anyone reported anything from their spying mission. What, is someone going to say, “Three ET making a break for pang, call in the zerg.” The map shows swords when an objective is being attacked. Commanders talk with each other if they need help. Sometimes people stay in towers to report movement. We build waypoints when we can to move quickly. We have multiple commanders moving between EB and the BLs. It’s not just one big zerg following around a few ET.

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

If Anet won’t give some sort of incentive to the tier 8 servers, honestly, the only advice I can give is:

Play for fun, whatever that is.

Communicate between yourselves, even if think there is no one else in the map, by linking objectives and telling beforehand what will do;

Encourage players to get on TS, from time to time announce the server website and the TS address; keep the communication between roamers and guilds, both are essential to the community (despite some disagree with this but if both are treated equally with respect there are good chances the roamers will go out to hunt the opposing players roaming and flipping the camps, even towers, and the guilds going for fights and/or objectives), a tag isn’t needed if there is proper communication;

Same if a tag is on, use both TS and map to announce where they are going and urge players to join on voice chat;

Try to keep the morale up, suiciding your zerg countless times against massive numbers won’t achieve anything besides losing your own numbers. Pick the fights where the odds aren’t that bad and, can as well, offer training for those players that are willing to learn more and get better on fights or siege if that’s what one like and have proper gear and builds.

SF spent more time on the bottom than ET, I can sympathize with your frustration.

Not even close. SF spent a grand total of 16 weeks on the bottom while ET have a score of 56 weeks.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

……. But if you remove the last 3 servers (in NA atm Ioj, DR and ET) what is stopping them from going to top 3 tiers ?…….

Full status….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

Here in Underworld we’re kind of beyond sadness atm^^
Now with my guild we just pick a keep in Blactide borderlands and try to defend it as long as possible agaisnt the giant BT blob until they rage enough to rely on golems to flush us out.
It’s fun in a way.

Oh and ofc meanwhile their hacker is is insta-capping our borderland, EB and Fow’s bl ; )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

alvinjason.3109

you’re crazy. SF doesn’t need to spy on ET to beat ET. hell there aren’t even people on ET to spy on. What’s the point of this thread again? it’s about T8 being dead.

in WvW

alvinjason.3109

Here in Underworld we’re kind of beyond sadness atm^^
Now with my guild we just pick a keep in Blactide borderlands and try to defend it as long as possible agaisnt the giant BT blob until they rage enough to rely on golems to flush us out.
It’s fun in a way.

Oh and ofc meanwhile their hacker is is insta-capping our borderland, EB and Fow’s bl ; )

yeah we do this sometimes, camp a keep and wait for their K training golems. We need to be up against a more massive server like BP perhaps to make this fun.

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

a player in both server speaking here, one thing anet can do is fix the transfer cost. Right now every server in NA is very high population or full. Idk maybe lower the cost to encourage transfers to T8 and other lower tiers. Also guys i get called a spy a lot lol, i promise im not trying to win these ppt wars down here.

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

My guild recently transferred from DR because the tier is so dead in WvW. I started on DR a month after release and went up and down with the server over the years (not wanting to be part of the problem by leaving). I don’t care much about PPT myself as long as there are good fights to be had. However, a month or two ago, it was transfer or quit the game. We could roam for hours and not see a soul in the BLs. Of course servers fluctuate, but it has never been as bad as it is now. ANet really needs to fix it.

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

(edited by TakeCare.3182)

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

Surely there also needs to be something to stop people moving about well to try and reduce it. Its the bandwaggoning that makes things too fluid

This pic about shows the state in the day now on EU T9. ATm ‘our’ keep and sm on eb has a wp and all other upgrades. Just come on each day with a few ppl on the map and towers and keeps all stone.

My friendslist each day gets shorter and shorter with people on my server. Its very sad

Attachments:

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

(edited by AmberUK.5380)

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

Okay a couple things: Spying does go on for whatever reason in T8. There are a few guilds who do it. I listen to it, after having been told by certain enemy guild members that weren’t kosher with it happening. That is besides the whole point of the OP’s thread though and is the last I will speak about it in a thread.

TS isn’t much of an option, even peak in ET it wasn’t greatly used except by a few of the WvW guilds. Now…even reset night is a ghost town, you might get SQD using it, other than that you are lucky to find 5 people. On any given non reset night, you are lucky to find another person using it.

Devona actually has some numbers, the current match up speaks to that. Are they great numbers, my god no, but at least you have something, even you are crushing ET right now. Now, I’m not saying DEV doesn’t have an issue, you surely do. The numbers comparison to IoJ or even SF are pathetic.

Anyone here thinking or waiting for ANET to fix the issue, i’m sorry, but they won’t. The servers are high population regardless of WvW. This is PvE game with WvW thrown in on the side as has been shown by content update after update for years being almost entirely focused in the PvE area, with a WvW update every once in awhile.

So your options are: continue playing on a dead server hoping it will get better, transfer, or quit and find a new game. Sorry, but that’s the harsh reality.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

So here’s the thing

It’s all well and good saying it but I know people who have done just that, all day, for months. Sure it did help build up the server but it was at the cost of them becoming so fed up with the game they needed to leave. There was a whole guild on WSR with 3 or 4 people commanding most of the time, it just takes it out of you trying to build up from so little.

There’s also a general lack of people to support you, mainly because they left all these servers a very long time ago. Even new people are hard to get, remember we don’t all have the deep golden lined pockets of kitten buy guilds. That’s without mentioning that if a guild came down they’d just be karma training against servers for months till they go up only to lose to night capping and not have a great deal of fights.

Still, I am interested in seeing you reverse the fortunes of a T8/9 server without massive investment in alt accounts from T1.

P.S. I really feel for you guys in UW and especially ZERK, you’ve stood by UW so long, you deserve a medal.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

The step it up argument is completely invalid. It has been pointed out in numerous posts that ET (not sure about DR & UW) has a couple of commanders who are more than willing to lead the server for WvW. What do you do when you tag up and have no one to command ? Do you go to PvE and recruit ? Oh that’s right Mega Servers. You can’t step up and lead what you do not have.

I also have alt accounts, a few weeks back after reading some posts about ET being dead I took and alt account to ET to see it for myself. At first I was positive it was being blown out of proportion, I was shocked to find they were not blowing it out of proportion and there was literally no one in WvW with the exception of a couple of people.

They can’t just step it up, they have no one to step it up with. They either need a massive influx of players (which will just cause a disparity else where) or they need to move/merge. It’s unhealthy for the game and new players that roll on the wrong server (because their all very high, which is completely misleading) so new players roll ET, they get to whatever the new stupid level is to enter WvW, and its a barren wasteland with no activity. I’m willing to bet they brag to all their friends about how much fun they are having and give several reasons to buy the game ….

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

Thx for the nice words Apharma : )

And yes it is the same in Underworld as well

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

I agree, the Megaserver changed the very basics of WvW – the callout and rally.

Horrid choice – and WvW hasn’t been the same since.

Oh, let’s not forget the recruiting aspect of megaservers, we can’t – too many NOT on our server whom we are AGAINST would hear us and know we are asking for more players… really the worst of all situations and Anet didn’t care one bit.

Megaserver=Contestant for biggest fail change in the game.

Exactly this. The last time I played was well before the megaservers came out, and I remember people coming into LA saying “We need more people on the BL, come help!” and people would queue up to go help them. You simply can’t do that anymore, because it’s no longer your server’s LA, it’s the megaservers’. I really think they should have only done megaserver for the general world, and not capital cities/LA. That way your server would still have a rally point.

I don’t know how much that would help the bottom tier servers at this point, but I doubt megaservers did them any favors. Hopefully they get a fix soon.

Tarnished Coast