Something needs done with ET and DR.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

There’s a certain percentage of players who will spy on the enemy using alt accounts no matter what the circumstances.

Bigger pop servers start the week winning, and when you’re winning even more people come out to WvW for your side. So the chances one of these spy players shows up is greater.

That’s why you see spying even in matches where one server massive outnumbers another.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

……. But if you remove the last 3 servers (in NA atm Ioj, DR and ET) what is stopping them from going to top 3 tiers ?…….

Full status….

IIRC only 5 out of the 9 servers in the top 3 tiers are full. That still leaves some options.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

Regarding cheating, I have no idea how hard it would be to detect it automatically from server side. But I always keep imaging them building in a detector that when you’re discovered cheating, teleport in Siegerazer, and one-shots you. With some comment about what bad-kitten-Siegerazer thinks of cheaters on HIS MAP!

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

IIRC only 5 out of the 9 servers in the top 3 tiers are full. That still leaves some options.

well, what’s wrong with them moving to any of the non-full server ? merging servers is effectively dissolving one anyway…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

well, what’s wrong with them moving to any of the non-full server ? merging servers is effectively dissolving one anyway…..

Well, because then most of the little population left on server 22+23+24 would go to the already highly populated servers, and thus be a further part of the problem. Instead of going to other under populated servers and be part of something to fix the problem.

If they’re doing server merges they really have to merge 2 servers together, to combine the WvW populations. Not just give free transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

I really think they should have only done megaserver for the general world, and not capital cities/LA. That way your server would still have a rally point.

Or to avoid having to revert cities to being server specific just add a chat channel for /server, which would be a global (or just spanning cities and WvW maps) channel. Not only would it enable you to rally players, but having that dialogue presence in a players chat box might get players who aren’t WvW regulars interested enough to join the Mist War. It would also give WvW-centric guilds a place to recruit. Something that’s been problematic since megaservers.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Well, because then most of the little population left on server 22+23+24 would go to the already highly populated servers, and thus be a further part of the problem. Instead of going to other under populated servers and be part of something to fix the problem.

If they’re doing server merges they really have to merge 2 servers together, to combine the WvW populations. Not just give free transfers.

Personally, not having experiences with T7 or T8, but from reading a TON of these threads it really seems they need to condense these servers. 19:24, 20:23, and 21:22 would make the most sense to me, and then any future tourneys would be three brackets (Gold, Silver, and Bronze) with two tiers per bracket.

By condensing them this way Anet would solve that empty feeling that the T8 servers seem to feel, and perhaps draw back some players that have quit in frustration. I also wish they would do this prior to HoT launch so that any new players that come in don’t immediately become frustrated.

in WvW

Posted by: darkwarder.3645

darkwarder.3645

The step it up argument is completely invalid. It has been pointed out in numerous posts that ET (not sure about DR & UW) has a couple of commanders who are more than willing to lead the server for WvW. What do you do when you tag up and have no one to command ?

It’s kinda circular. People log into wvw and see no commander, so they log off. Commanders log into wvw and see no people, so they log off. Still, it’s up to a wvw guild to represent. They have to be in TS so people can hear them and find them. Even if it’s bouncing around the maps. And then it takes luck, like a wvw guild transferring to your server looking for a challenge, or target rich environment. It doesn’t happen overnight, if at all.

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

It’s been a funnish week against IoJ and ET in NA T8. Seems alot of DR started coming out after weeks of fighting boring ppt fights vs SF. Lots of clashes instead of trying to guess where to chase a group playing ppting in one of the four maps. And also good to see some less familiar faces as we have been too familiar and buddies with SF. Still, T8 isnt as live as before. At some point of the day, It’s possible that I’m literally the only one on map.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

The step it up argument is completely invalid. It has been pointed out in numerous posts that ET (not sure about DR & UW) has a couple of commanders who are more than willing to lead the server for WvW. What do you do when you tag up and have no one to command ? Do you go to PvE and recruit ? Oh that’s right Mega Servers. You can’t step up and lead what you do not have.

…….

They can’t just step it up, they have no one to step it up with. They either need a massive influx of players (which will just cause a disparity else where) or they need to move/merge. It’s unhealthy for the game and new players that roll on the wrong server (because their all very high, which is completely misleading) so new players roll ET, they get to whatever the new stupid level is to enter WvW, and its a barren wasteland with no activity. I’m willing to bet they brag to all their friends about how much fun they are having and give several reasons to buy the game ….

ET has one less commander, because I just can’t do it anymore. I find myself spending more time in EoTM. The sad fact that in a k-train area where the opponents literally go out of their way not to attack each other is giving me better WvW fights is a sad fact.

We have had a couple new people to the server come in and ask about WvW. I can’t remember one of them lasting more than part of a day never to be seen again. I feel most sorry for them. They expect a game play mode and just don’t get it.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

in WvW

Posted by: Telly.4962

Telly.4962

This is WvW on ET… and this is on our BL

https://youtu.be/IIYogHHiPK8

in WvW

Posted by: jkrin.9485

jkrin.9485

Sorry to see you go Gilkin. But it’s understandable.

Himdallr
Charr Master Race

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

That was so depressing^^

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

Anet should Merge servers as for PvE people it doesnt matter on which server they are, WvW people are the people who are in need of their server players..

some servers are simply dead and we cant blame these server this game is already 10 years old ofcourse certain servers die..
i dont see why a merge is not possible for dead WvW servers in order to blow some live into them.

i mean even if you take FoW + UW we still most likely will never have a queue for EB, i havent seen a Queue on FoW EB EVER think im playing casually for quite some time now i dont really do any PvE only login to go for some WvW action thats it.

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

One of the problems with Merging servers is that we don’t know the size of the PvE population that is currently tied to each server. The great majority of the population on each server is PvE after all. And if they merge two servers, that might overload the server with PvE population.

Example with some made up numbers: If ET (24) and Kaineng (19) was to be merged. And both are listed as "very high" which I’ll assume to mean they have 90-99% of max population for a server. Combining them would average 180%+ of a single servers capacity, while still have low numbers in WvW.

The first step they should do, is separate PVE and WVW servers. So we can actually see the WvW population on a WvW server. And then start merging those together. Just make PvE servers nameless servers since it doesn’t matter for them, something like "MegaServer #1" etc.

But if they’re going to do this drastic a change, they will probably change the entire Server system around completely. Either remaking new servers, or an EotM variant, or alliances etc. So if you hope for too much, you’ll get it :p

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

The saying is: “Hope for nothing so you can only be pleasantly surprised”

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: spiel.5149

spiel.5149

Gilkin man i remember fighting along side of you back in the day. I know you got the server pride thing going and thats why you dont leave but sometimes you got to venture out and find a new spot to graze. I used to run with Mend but it is no more.
don’t get burnt out on ET come back and fight again.

JUMP ON THE NEW HYPE TRAIN IOJ IS THE NEW TRAIN TROLL FREE RIDE IT OUT OF T8
jump on the hype train
NEW PLAYERS ARE XFERING OVER AS WE SPEAK
old players from launch and new blood have heard the call and they are
JUMPING ON THE HYPETRAIN IOJ 2015
old blood from ET IoJ old HoD old SF CD FA SBI JUMP ON THE HYPE TRAIN
I AM GETTING NEW /W EVERY DAY FOR GUILDS AND PEOPLE WANTED A FRESH GOOD COMMUNITY AND WE HAVE IT WANT TO REX THAT GUILD GROUP WITH PUGS WE DO IT EVERY DAY PPT TICKING 700 ALL DAY JUMP ON

GET OUT OF THE MUD AND POO FEEL LIKE YOU CAN PLAY AGAIN FRESH AND NEW.
IOJ is calling you Gilken come join us.
ET DR SF IOJ IS CALLING YOU
GET ON THE HYPETRAIN.

A Beetlegeist approved message.
Brought to you by #HYPETRAINSUMMER15IOJ

Beetle Geist Mesmer with the most,
Guild Co-leader No Quarter IoJ

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

I thought Mag was the hypetrain 2015 ? Think you guys will have to wait for 2016.

in WvW

wyther.8372

I haven’t completely left WvW, I go in when there is no commander in EoTM.

However, there is no point in commanding myself and maybe two others against what now is more than 10-1 odds from BOTH servers. I will just run where I want, when I want with or without anyone who wants to follow until a commander in EoTM happens by.

I won’t transfer servers, because I won’t give ANET the satisfaction to stick it to me any further. I will finish biding my time until camelot uncahined beta comes out. Then, good night GW2. At that time I will give everything of value to any guild still in ET WvW to help them out as best I can.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

This thread makes for hard reading, but then sometimes the truth is hard. I will start by saying I’m on IoJ and we’re matched with DR and ET this week. DR have given us a good fight all week and it’s been touch and go. ET just don’t have the same coverage – and I can understand the difficult feelings that creates.

As IoJ dropped down the tables we could always say “maybe next tier we’ll stabilise and make a comeback”. For the server at the bottom there is no “next tier” down – so how do you keep people interested?! That’s what this post is really about I think.

During this week I have faced and fought several ET players. I have to say that I’m much more impressed with the Ranger or Warrior who will go in against a small group (that’s 2 or 3 in case you’re reading this from a top server, or working for ANET who seem to think a small group is 15 – full zerg size for us!). I have seen dedicated ET players defending their BL or pushing into ours. It takes a lot more courage and skill to do this than to run in a big zerg where numbers are on your side.

I don’t know what the solution is. Transfer to a WvW server isn’kitten– we’re all WvW servers and many of us have friends and team mates we don’t wish to leave. We also have pride in our own server identity – or we’d have transferred already.

I’m not sure how merging the bottom servers would work out – you’d take away our identity and still end up with a “bottom megaserver” and the same problem.

Perhaps the solution lies in making active WvW play more rewarding in game – if WvW gave more gold than dungeon farming we’d see a lot more players. Until this happens I think we’ll always see the (perhaps sensible?!) majority of players on our servers attracted by the shinies offered in PvE farming.

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

I’ve got it! Lets make a golem event where everyone will be in a super fast and super strong golem! That way when ET tries to enjoy the event, it will be about 15-20 golems versus about 50-60 golems! Remember, coordination is key to winning outnumbered fights.

lol here we were trying to enjoy a absolutely silly idea by ANET and when a Bot battle goes down, we get steaaaaammmmrolled. sweet.

Ev
[SQD]

(edited by Dano.5298)

in WvW

Posted by: WhisperedInsanity.3985

WhisperedInsanity.3985

My guild is a fairly small guild and we love to WvW but I’ll admit that ET is really outnumbered here for most of the week and a lot of the time I won’t even bother going to their side because it seems like unnecessary roughness and I know how discouraging it is to have such small numbers and watch all of the objectives that you worked so hard to upgrade disappear. We venture over there on occasion when I get angry that a group took my supply camp or something but really the match-up seems to be more between IoJ and DR.
ET had a decent amount of players out this past reset night and my group of 5 golems was really laughable when we tried to take SM from you guys but it was just one fight out of very few where you guys held the numbers. I have to say that DR REALLY embraced the event in EB with their massive golem zerg that melted doors in less than 10 seconds, it was crazy but DR has the numbers to trade punches with IoJ making the outcome a possible surprise.
The golem event definitely made it a lot worse for you guys though so I see reason to complain, it’s hard to get people into WvW when they log onto a map and get rolled every time they step out of spawn.
And finally, to SQD: I salute your dedication out there, you guys really get work done and show some coordination. See you all out on the battlefield.

Murda Inc [QQ]
Isle of Janthir
~If you want your story to be told, write it~

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

it is saddening but gw2 is dying
there r less new players and less new players means there will be servers dying because they can’t replace their inactives. so what guilds do is pick a more populated server to delay their death deadline but it will come. im not even sure how many people HOT can attract with all the bugs not fixed.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

Actually having a blast this week and the last against IoJ and ET as opposed to SF’s too familiar faces and ppt’ing focused groups. But I still can’t deny that it’s really half dead on weekdays in the offhours. There are some times where I think that I am literally the only person for all three servers in EB or BL.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I still feel like transferring to ET. Don’t ask why. I just want to experience something different, even if it is an apparent ‘dead’ server. I don’t care if people tell me it’s a waste of time. It would be nice if just one person could make a small difference.

I have some questions. I’m Australian so I’m generally on after work which is around 9:00pm through to 2-3am AEST… would it be even more dead during those times on ET?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I still feel like transferring to ET. Don’t ask why. I just want to experience something different, even if it is an apparent ‘dead’ server. I don’t care if people tell me it’s a waste of time. It would be nice if just one person could make a small difference.

I have some questions. I’m Australian so I’m generally on after work which is around 9:00pm through to 2-3am AEST… would it be even more dead during those times on ET?

You’ll likely be the only one online. Or maybe there will be a couple others, if you can find them.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Actually, ET have an oceanic guild, TAL. So if you are online during aprox 9pm to 1am aus timezone, will mostly like find their crew raiding.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

wyther.8372

ET had a decent amount of players out this past reset night and my group of 5 golems was really laughable when we tried to take SM from you guys but it was just one fight out of very few where you guys held the numbers. I have to say that DR REALLY embraced the event in EB with their massive golem zerg that melted doors in less than 10 seconds, it was crazy but DR has the numbers to trade punches with IoJ making the outcome a possible surprise.

Just using your post as an example, not directed at you perse; just people who whisper me a lot from your side and dev.

We actually didn’t have that many. When SQD is out they count for about 4-5 people each. I know cause you all whisper me about how ET outnumbered you in a battle and im thinking…um….there were 10 of us and 40 of you. It just seemed like a lot cause SQD steamrolled your 40 man group with only 10 people. I get whispered a lot because i run solo but will hang around with them.

Hell they won’t even actively seek out any fight under 3-1 odds. They run headlong into 3 and 4 to 1 odds with glee. We seem like more because, quite frankly the opposition is so weak they need massive amount of numbers. If you died to them equal numbers you happened to be in the exact wrong place as they were going by to stomp a larger force and you got unlucky.

Also, don’t forget that we post maybe 15-20 people on the maps for prime time reset night. That is the time most everyone who WvW is out. That isn’t even enough to compete any day any time with our enemies.

(edited by wyther.8372)

in WvW

wyther.8372

Camp away kaineg, the few that come from PvE to try WvW on ET can’t get out a single door. Congrats, you are the new Borlis pass <golf clap>

(edited by wyther.8372)

in WvW

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

What about poor DR? We don’t often have many players, even the guild I am in is based in a different server.

in WvW

Posted by: Rynter.3975

Rynter.3975

ANet probably doesn’t want to start merging servers because a lot of players will take it as a sign of the game starting to die.

What they could do is pair servers up as teams. So the bottom 3 tiers for example would be 3 teams of 3 servers each fighting each other in the same matchup. Or they could pair up bottom-tier servers with middle to upper-tier servers to help mix up the stale matchups. Every reset or two they could change the pairings to mix things up.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

You’ll likely be the only one online. Or maybe there will be a couple others, if you can find them.

Already made my mind up; I’ll be x-ferring down to ET for around a month or more just to experience something different. A guild already contacted me on ET so it’ll be nice to help out whenever possible. Kudos to them for the good communication~

I certainly hope it’s not as dead as people make it sound haha.

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Already made my mind up; I’ll be x-ferring down to ET for around a month or more just to experience something different. A guild already contacted me on ET so it’ll be nice to help out whenever possible. Kudos to them for the good communication~

I certainly hope it’s not as dead as people make it sound haha.

Do you say “Thank you sir! May I have another!”? Two years stuck on this server….We tried to get people to come…they would then they would leave. I spend most of my time these days in pvp. 50% wait.

in WvW

Posted by: deepriver.5148

deepriver.5148

I’d be happy if people didn’t just come into these matchups and behave with no class whatsoever. We had a battle in ET homeland this evening and Kain took an outmatched rather lengthy encounter and just behaved horribly after it was over. We were severely outmatched and we actually hung in there for much longer than most would have. But jumping on people who are downed and laughing in their faces is just classless and juvenile. These outmatched situations are really good experiences insofar as learning to optimize scarce resources. But to have to put up with this sort of behavior from Kain is just pointless and the server is just showing us right now that they lack positive leadership.

in WvW

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

So I have a tough decision to make. I am on ET and I mostly play WvW, but, like Gilkin, I am also resorting to EoTM recently to actually do something other than capture camps or cata a wall by myself for 10 minutes.

So, I have sufficient gold to either transfer to a different server or buy a comm tag. But not both. What should I do?

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

buy a comm tag and advertise in EoTM to ET players that might be there and don’t even know regular WvW exists?

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

buy a comm tag and advertise in EoTM to ET players that might be there and don’t even know regular WvW exists?

hardest thing to do, most of em like the k-train fest there.

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

At the moment in DR, ET and Kaineng, eversince Kai joined this tier, the majority of the time Kaineng has been dominant with the number of active players and guilds they have. It’s only on certain times of the day when DR seems to have an active pug running and the land ownership seems to balance itself out somewhat, maybe a period of 2-3 hours.
However the moment the guild commander logs off, it seems to go back to the same cycle kaineng reclaiming about 80+% of wvw within an hour.

Sure it can make roaming somewhat more exciting, but honestly lacking the manpower to even retake your keep is a bit disheartening when it happens on a daily basis.

Multiple Class Disorder

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

1: Don’t make this into a match-up thread. Moderators will just lock it.

2: Kaineng is several ratings above the two others, and I can’t even figure out how it got rolled into T8 at all. It should be impossible as far as I can see it. You’re not likely to see Kaineng again in T8 unless something really drastic happens.

in WvW

Posted by: Telly.4962

Telly.4962

But to have to put up with this sort of behavior from Kain is just pointless and the server is just showing us right now that they lack positive leadership.

Players tend to act rudely when they are frustrated with their game play, and will take advantage of an opportunity to take it out on others, no matter how cheap the opportunity… ugly human nature. It’s a reflection of them, not you, so don’t take it personally.

in WvW

wyther.8372

Doesn’t matter who is in tier 8, Ioj, SF, kain etc. That server will destroy the other two, devona will destroy ET.

The only good thing is playing against odds helps you learn to play. Even odds, those on ET tend to destroy their opponents. Dev is a little better, but whatever the blob server is they get demolished even odds.

I have said it a bunch, to get better you have to play against better opponents or be fighting at much worse odds.

You can’t 30 v 5 and expect to get anything but sloppy which is why the top tier 8 servers people go down so easily.

in WvW

deepriver.5148

Doesn’t matter who is in tier 8, Ioj, SF, kain etc. That server will destroy the other two, devona will destroy ET.

The only good thing is playing against odds helps you learn to play. Even odds, those on ET tend to destroy their opponents. Dev is a little better, but whatever the blob server is they get demolished even odds.

I have said it a bunch, to get better you have to play against better opponents or be fighting at much worse odds.

You can’t 30 v 5 and expect to get anything but sloppy which is why the top tier 8 servers people go down so easily.

in WvW

deepriver.5148

The best thing to see when the population is low is to see you back for a while. I’ve enjoyed it very much and thanks so much for your help.