Sooo... epidemic is kinda broken.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I heard yesterday that epidemic is not taking into consideration -condi duration bonuses and the amount of immob stacks. So if someone had 3 immob stacks on them and got epidemiced, the immob stacks would only count as one. I dont know if anyone else is running into this, but in tier 1 na we’re getting like 20 seconds of freaking immob. Its broken and really annoying. Please consider a fix.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I’m a necro, I’ve been immobilized since launch bro.

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I’m a necro, I’ve been immobilized since launch bro.

So true lol.
But yeah, epidemic will count the immobilize as one stack. However, it requires a lot of organization to spam immobilize and then have necros spread it around. Sure, if one guy has a long immobilize and three necros cast epidemic, up to five people could be immobilized for days. Realistically, outside of organized guilds, a small group of necros won’t even realize that they should do that to an immobilized foe, and it isn’t likely that their epidemics hit all 5 of the same people. In a zerg, everybody is running some form of mitigation to movement impairing condis, many skills cure immobilize specifically, and other cleanses are everywhere. I’m not sure that I would consider this broken due to the amount of coordination it requires to produce those results. Instead, I would consider it the fruition of teamwork.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Its pretty simple to get in comms, grab a handful of necros, a handful of immob spammers, and call target in a mini squad. Mid – back line does not have a lot of cleanse.

I dont think this is quite a widespread problem at the moment, but I just want Anet to be aware of it…. and coincidentally everyone else. kitten. Oh well if they dont know already then they would probably hear about it soon enough.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Mmm, it’s not really just immob. If you fight around the lord, and someone epidemics the lord they will pretty much burst down 5 people with condis. Basically anything that has a lot of hp or doesn’t dodge (pets/npcs/golems) is susceptible to epidemic bursting. Even in just normal zerg play, you dont really need to coordinate much unless you’re fixated about spreading immob; you can essentially turn the dozens of weak condi damage handed out by power players into OP 15+ ticks of whatever by the epidemic-ing condi damage necro.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Mid – back line does not have a lot of cleanse.

Maybe that’s me being crazy, but get some maybe? :P

Moves… and countermoves

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

In normal play epidemic is pretty meh. The only time epidemic is really OP is when a tower or keep lord gets hit and you are standing right next to him. Then, you are pretty much screwed.

Osu