Soul bound WXP booster gift 8/22/2013

in WvW

Posted by: Jubelum.3472

Jubelum.3472

So I logged in earlier and received an email from the dev team with a free WXP booster which was a nice surprise I guess, the only problem is I don’t WvW with the character I logged in with, this booster is soulbound on acquire and this email isn’t visible to any other character I log in with.

I appreciate the gesture, but all this did was show me how out of touch with your game you people really are. I don’t play this alt in WvW because of the way WXP is awarded to the character and not the account, so I’m basically forced into playing the 1 character I want to develop and never an alt, yes I’m already aware this will suck the life out of the game for me pretty quick.

I guess I really need to be careful about which character I log in with these days, don’t want to even log the alts in if there’s going to be these random “gifts” which really need to go to my main character and not my alts which they irrevocably get soulbound to.

Wolfgang Von Goethe [VIG] – Warrior of Rall
“He who defends everything, defends nothing” – Frederick II

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

just as I have predicated people will spin anything backwards, 2 more complaint posts and I get 5gs, go figure

in WvW

Posted by: Northelius.5381

Northelius.5381

Already many topics about this so i guess i’ll just post in this one….

Spehss it’s perfectly resonable to complain. We get a frree booster for WvW expierience. I was like “ahh yeaa, awesome gift. thx anet!”. And i relog to my main char, cause its uterly useless at the one i logged…. and what? Mail is not there. So i had to log back to low lvl trash and get the mail there. And it’s SOULBOND….. wtf? All the boosters are account and this one soul? WvW exp is soulbond to each character already so why would the booster be as well lol. Anyone who didn’t get the memo about it will most likely log with “wrong character” :| N/c…..
A tiny sugesstion – make it account bound, like every other booster… Problem solved, everybody happy, complains ungrounded. Thanks.

=====

In other topic there is somewhat of an explain to the situation:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/New-WXP-booster-is-a-nother-slap-in-the-face/first#post2685513
However i still think it should be acount bound…

(edited by Northelius.5381)

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

They’ve been putting things back and forth between and account and soulbound lately, eg. the Queen’s Gauntlet tickets that have changed twice already, weapon skins, etc. It seems like they’re trying to work out what’s best. I wouldn’t worry too much about this as it’ll likely change later if it isn’t good how it is.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashtazar.2753

Ashtazar.2753

Same thing here, I usually start my day by some daily routines on my alts before going to WvW with my main since Anet is discouraging me to use my alts there. I was very pleased by this nice little gift before being very disapointed, I have it on a character that can’t possibly be developped correctly for WvW and therefore I do not use anymore, it is then a useless gift.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It was FREE. Quit complaining. If you want one for another character BUY one.

I do however agree that WXP should be account based, but they have flat out refused to do that.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

Same thing here, I usually start my day by some daily routines on my alts before going to WvW with my main since Anet is discouraging me to use my alts there. I was very pleased by this nice little gift before being very disapointed, I have it on a character that can’t possibly be developped correctly for WvW and therefore I do not use anymore, it is then a useless gift.

It has fulfilled its use tho by making certain you are aware of the booster so that you will buy them from the gem shop on your main in order to stay at roughly the same progression rate as others that do so.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Uh…. I’m going to send you a credit card that only works in South Africa, but unfortunately you’re in Canada and can’t travel.

BUT IT’S A GIFT, OMG, DON’T COMPLAIN!??!?

Gifts, when misplaced or done without forethought, can be insulting.

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

There was a lot of thought that went into this gift, they thought very carefully about Gem sales that would be generated by making sure all players aware of this new booster.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Another obvious oversight from Anet. Wait, players have more than one character?

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Uh…. I’m going to send you a credit card that only works in South Africa, but unfortunately you’re in Canada and can’t travel.

BUT IT’S A GIFT, OMG, DON’T COMPLAIN!??!?

Gifts, when misplaced or done without forethought, can be insulting.

It’s more like “Welcome to Canada, here are some Canadian dollars. Oh you’re travelling again right away? Oh. That’s really too bad. Seeya.”

I’m not actually sticking up for them, but your analogy needed to be fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

You know i see all these complaints and i wonder… Just auto accepting the item attached without browsing over to see if its BoA or BoP is your own kitten fault. Take into account its only for 15min.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer