Spamming in WvW

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Madness.2603

Lord of Madness.2603

The amount of Emote Spamming in WvW is getting redicioulus, enemies are spamming 300 emotes per minute completely blocking chat and forcing us to turn off our emotes. In some cases commanders get suppressed and we use emotes to communicate with them. This directly Breaks Code of Conduct for the reasons stated of Spamming. Remember that this is less about being annoying and more about us needing a way to right click on these individuals emotes in chat to be able to report them for what they are doing “Spamming” for the purpose of annoying and harassing others. because they are in the middle of a zerg or hiding so we can’t right click directly on them.

We need a way to report by right clicking on emotes in chat because These actions Breaks code of Conduct Rules
1. you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players. – The players doing this are harassing and causing distress.

4. When communicating in Guild Wars 2 using global chat (including, without limitation, server wide chat and use of the whisper command), you may not spam, or flood.

(edited by Lord of Madness.2603)

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Disable emotes to show up in chat…and be done with it.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

if our commander gets suppressed how do we hear them than? /me thats how. and i cant see that with emotes blocked.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

if our commander gets suppressed how do we hear them than? /me thats how. and i cant see that with emotes blocked.

Simple solution: Disable emotes. And /T (teamchat) Will not suppress the commander ( or anyone else for that matter )

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

And to the 40-50 other people in our zerg that don’t know that and can’t see us tell them that because of the emote spam?

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

And to the 40-50 other people in our zerg that don’t know that and can’t see us tell them that because of the emote spam?

Say chat bubble

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Get on TS instead of making your commander type everything out while he is trying to fight.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

So you expect the entire map to see chat bubbles?

You Expect every player in the game even the new ones to have TS? I mean 10 or so in a zerg or so is the average in some worlds. 50+ around the map seems a bit to very unlikely in a lot of worlds/shards.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

You Expect every player in the game even the new ones to have TS?

Ummm…. yes. TS is free. If you’re scared to talk just mute your mike and listen. You will be much more effective as a group and make things easier on your commander.

LGN

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

But you cant expect every player to have it know of it or want to get it. I have it and i have always had it. But we Cannot expect everyone on earth that plays games to know it exists or have it. some people have mumble some have TS some even have shadowplay and just dont want to get the others. so in game chat for some of them is the only way to accurately play and keep up. Some might not even have proper computer space or a working speaker/mic to even use it, some people even have problems with the software not wanting to work with their computer which completely leaves them unable to even use it.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

I doubt there is a single WvW server that doesn’t have a TS, mumble, etc. that they are actively trying to get the pugs to join. My server spams it constantly. When I tag up the first thing I do is give our TS info and tell people to hop in because I won’t be giving directions in map chat. I’d rather have 10 reliable people in TS than 30 pugs.

There is only 1 person on my server that has a legit excuse for not using it and that is because he is deaf. But he is a good enough player to stick on tag, build what needs building, and function without being told what to do.

If your pugs need direction to play the game they need to get in TS. Physical impairment is the only valid excuse for not doing it.

LGN

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

Sorry but even then you still cant expect every single person ever to have it the world is not as perfect as the situation your describing. We need the ability to report players for spamming via right-clicking their emote text.

And on another note your pretty heavily trying to fight for the right of players to spam for both reasons of harassment and trying to put the enemies at a disadvantage. Long story short yes I AGREE WITH YOU that EVERY player should have TS. but they dont. and we cant MAKE them use it.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

They already gave players the option to disable enemy emotes. Players also have the option to hop on TS. Either one fixes the issue.

LGN

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

You Can’t Expect Everyone To Know. That is the ultimate endgame argument here. You in no way shape or form can expect everyone to know. And even if everyone knew these players are spamming emotes to try to harass and hurt other players. which breaks the Code of Conduct despite whether they accomplish doing this or not. So in the end we need a way to report it.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

You Can’t Expect Everyone To Know. That is the ultimate endgame argument here. You in no way shape or form can expect everyone to know. And even if everyone knew these players are spamming emotes to try to harass and hurt other players. which breaks the Code of Conduct despite whether they accomplish doing this or not. So in the end we need a way to report it.

You. are. dense.

Yeah, we can’t expect everyone to have one and know about ts. Everyone is just talking about the majority of players. You don’t need everyone on ts anyways if you’re pugging. The ones who don’t have it will just follow the pack anyways…

If you can find the players, right click them, block, and report them from your block list. Or get their names and unblock them if you want to talk to them.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Not an endgame argument. It’s a quit being lazy argument. It’s a learn to think for yourself argument. It takes almost no effort to figure out how to disable emotes. Not everything needs to be handed to you on a silver platter.

LGN

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

Sorry but no matter what you say on the point of players have TS or not there are still players with no clue. So it kinda still is an end point argument given i could log in and find a player that has no clue of ether.

But you do agree that the players that are doing this are in fact trying to harass and disrupt gameplay of other player Which is also why we need to be able to report this?

It Breaks code of Conduct Rules
1. you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players.
4. When communicating in Guild Wars 2 using global chat (including, without limitation, server wide chat and use of the whisper command), you may not spam, or flood.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Disrupting enemy communication is a very effective tool. So is spying. Thanks to the game only costing 10 bucks right now don’t be surprised if you have enemy players creating alt accounts to spy on your map chat.

That’s another reason TS is so much more useful. You can control who has access.

LGN

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

The Spammers Break Code of Conduct.
1. you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players.

^ this is why we need it to be a reportable feature and an ability to right click on emotes in chat when you cant see who is doing it.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

Ok. Well until they stop, we’ve told you how to deal with it in the meantime.

We get it that you want them banned, I hate emote spammers, its honestly extremely annoying, but just turn off your emotes in chat for now.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

(edited by Moderator)

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

Shadowpass thank you for understanding the situation at hand.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

turn off emotes in chat. I pretty sure anyone with half a clue in WvW has had that off for years.. Zero need for it.

That one person.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

Well in all honesty sometimes the commander gets suppressed by the system if they are the only one talking in any category, then people will need them to emote /me “bla bla bla” to understand their commands. and Siobhan with all the new players coming in we cant expect them to instantly know all the controls and options the chat has to offer in turning off emotes.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

You don’t get suppressed if you use team chat instead of map chat….

LGN

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

Guys, I have a feeling OP is playing EotM so TS3 is not always an option.

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I’ve made a couple of different chat windows, so I can tune in/out on things I want to see or not. The one I usually use for all chats have emotes set to off, while I have a single one named "All" that is set to receive everything in case I have to check something, or wonder if I’m missing something. Every time I actually swap to that, and see the emotes etc, I just change back to the other one, I can’t find a reason to want to see emotes.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

Sounds like OP is just clutching at straws trying to find excuses to get Anet to pander to his every need.

If people need to resort to emoting to give instructions after getting suppressed then that group is probably better suited to EoTM.

Though I would agree that emote spamming is stupid as hell and there needs to be a non-lazy way of being able to deal with it. I shouldn’t have to utilise a blanket emote disable to block a single obnoxious moron.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I turned off emotes on the second day

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Every time I get mad about ANET not taking player issues seriously I see a thread like this….

Just turn off the emotes, and if you commander gets suppressed have him use Team Chat. And if you really are still using chat for commands…….

Mag Server Leader

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

On this note I believe I have found a really dark side of the GW2 forums. It seems like almost every single player here, would much rather sweep the problem under the rug and ignore it rather than fix it. Even to the point of defending the ones breaking the rules. Yes i completely understand that ignoring a problem is both easy and fast, but your coming up with multi step plans just to do so. Its like the people breaking the Code of Conduct have set your feet on fire and instead of putting out the fire or taking the fire away from them you start dancing and hopping around. of course this takes some of the burn away, but they are still laughing at you and look at you as a trophy, you are the one they made dance and did nothing to stop them. Then they move onto the next Player, who may not know what you know and then are harassed relentlessly. All your doing is moving the problem into someone else’s lap and you are literally telling me you could not care less because its not your problem after you started ignoring it instead of fixing it. This is the opposite of what our community should be.

In fact its the opposite of what I want to be in every way. I don’t Just want to Follow a multi-step program on how to ignore it and allow these individuals continue on when they are legitimately breaking a written rule. I want to fix the problem for Everyone, Not just myself. Right now there seem to be two choices. You can ether stand with me on this as a community wanting problems fixed forever and not worrying about it happening to others. Or you can continue to ignore these problems until they start to spiral into even more violent or aggressive behavior against the Code of Conduct, and in all honesty I know that I will ether have an entire army behind me or i will stand alone against and army of everyone who just prefers to ignore, but i do know I will not stop until even the smallest of problems are solved.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Dude its a checkbox, not altering the game code…Just click it.

Mag Server Leader

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Phage The Blighted.6350

Phage The Blighted.6350

On this note I believe I have found a really dark side of the GW2 forums. It seems like almost every single player here, would much rather sweep the problem under the rug and ignore it rather than fix it. Even to the point of defending the ones breaking the rules. Yes i completely understand that ignoring a problem is both easy and fast, but your coming up with multi step plans just to do so. Its like the people breaking the Code of Conduct have set your feet on fire and instead of putting out the fire or taking the fire away from them you start dancing and hopping around. of course this takes some of the burn away, but they are still laughing at you and look at you as a trophy, you are the one they made dance and did nothing to stop them. Then they move onto the next Player, who may not know what you know and then are harassed relentlessly. All your doing is moving the problem into someone else’s lap and you are literally telling me you could not care less because its not your problem after you started ignoring it instead of fixing it. This is the opposite of what our community should be.

In fact its the opposite of what I want to be in every way. I don’t Just want to Follow a multi-step program on how to ignore it and allow these individuals continue on when they are legitimately breaking a written rule. I want to fix the problem for Everyone, Not just myself. Right now there seem to be two choices. You can ether stand with me on this as a community wanting problems fixed forever and not worrying about it happening to others. Or you can continue to ignore these problems until they start to spiral into even more violent or aggressive behavior against the Code of Conduct, and in all honesty I know that I will ether have an entire army behind me or i will stand alone against and army of everyone who just prefers to ignore, but i do know I will not stop until even the smallest of problems are solved.

Pretty much all this. And it isn’t just conduct they want to ignore, but broken aspects of the game it’s self as well. There is so much brown nosing in the forums trying to stay on the good side of the devs on the off chance it might get them something down the road, or just good old fashioned fanboyism.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

So you expect the entire map to see chat bubbles?

You Expect every player in the game even the new ones to have TS? I mean 10 or so in a zerg or so is the average in some worlds. 50+ around the map seems a bit to very unlikely in a lot of worlds/shards.

JQ has a TS. they will tell anyone who is in wvw for JQ what the info to get on is. i dont know your worlds situation but they make it easy in JQ to be apart of whats going on.

plus i dont think you should be able to see any of the enemy chat/emotes outside of /s. what about using the worthless report feature? theyre mis-using/exploiting a game function.

also, who said TS is free? hahahah….its not!

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

(edited by oneply.9586)

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

wow…
1.) the emote display feature is a check box – you can turn it off.
2.) make it your crusade to educate the players on your server.
3.) Anet is going to say the same thing – there is a valid and completely workable solution to this problem without the need to spend time and resources on recoding the game.

We understand your frustration but you have to let the dead horse be dead already.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Calypso.2578

Calypso.2578

LOL. 15 characters.

Kaalypzo ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

One Prarie- as i said we could just “ignore it” with your 5 step program. But they are doing it for the soul purpose of trying to harm and annoy others, making a 5 step program sounds like they are completely annihilating you. What they are doing is against code of conduct. And we need to find a way to change this if in any way possible. ether by gaining the ability to block individual emotes by right clicking on them or to even go as far as to report these individuals. And you can be sure i will keep this post on the front page for months if i have to. I will make sure for everyone that this issue gets addressed Properly no matter what the cost is to me.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

The Spammers Break Code of Conduct.
1. you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players

Lol the only thing they might be doing is vaguely harassing you. And that’s only if you let yourself be harassed.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

One Prarie- as i said we could just “ignore it” with your 5 step program. But they are doing it for the soul purpose of trying to harm and annoy others, making a 5 step program sounds like they are completely annihilating you. What they are doing is against code of conduct. And we need to find a way to change this if in any way possible. ether by gaining the ability to block individual emotes by right clicking on them or to even go as far as to report these individuals. And you can be sure i will keep this post on the front page for months if i have to. I will make sure for everyone that this issue gets addressed Properly no matter what the cost is to me.

How in your mind does clicking a check box equate to a 5 step program?

The reasonable people here are telling you how to deal with the problem, all you are doing is giving a troll the attention he craves.

But you go ahead and do what you think is best, keep making a big deal about something that already has a solution. I’m sure that if you keep this thread going you won’t be encouraging others to follow in this guys footsteps.

LGN

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

I don’t care how much attention i give to the trolls. They will be banned in the end if I’m persistent enough for their Blatant Disregard for the Code of Conduct. And to me that is a big help to the community by removing the trolls and/or Rule Breakers. and no what your stating is not a solution its just sweeping the problem under the rug so that they can just do it to another less informed player. Jim I understand your way of dealing with problems is ignoring them untill they go away. But this one will not go away because they one doing it will still be there and able to do it to others.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

I don’t care how much attention i give to the trolls. They will be banned in the end if I’m persistent enough for their Blatant Disregard for the Code of Conduct. And to me that is a big help to the community by removing the trolls and/or Rule Breakers. and no what your stating is not a solution its just sweeping the problem under the rug so that they can just do it to another less informed player. Jim I understand your way of dealing with problems is ignoring them untill they go away. But this one will not go away because they one doing it will still be there and able to do it to others.

Only to people too ignorant or stubborn to use the tools already provided. This is only a problem if you allow it to be.

LGN

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

And as you say, Your ok with that. Your ok with the ignorant being abused and harassed. I find that heartless. The exact opposite of what i want to be. That is why i want to fix this rather than ignore it and let it be a problem for the ignorant to be forced to deal with.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Lord of Madness: If it is a big issue to you that they are indeed breaking the rules, you can report them using the in-game report function, and select harassment or spamming. Thats not ignoring the problem and hoping it will go away. It’s activly doing something to correct behavior that you feel is wrong. However, the decision is up to the Moderators on how they will handle it, and not for you, or anyone else, to decide what that may be.

Also, Anet has given you specific tools to counter such things as well. (I am not going into what those are, it’s been revealed too many times.) So even if they are breaking the rules (by spamming emotes) it will have ZERO effect on you or others game play in the slightest. Also if you are so concerned that people may not know about being able to turn it off, make it your duty to inform them. Ask guild leaders to put it up in their message of the day, announce it in map chat every so often, make sure your party knows to do it. Create a new guild/character called “TURNOFFEMOTES” to further get the message out.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Most people are smart enough to figure out how to disable emotes on their own. I know for you it appears to be some incredibly complicated multi step process but it’s really not. It’s a check box, not a rubik’s cube. Anyway I’m done talking to you. Go ahead and spam the forum to fight against spamming….

LGN

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

Pdavis- if you cant see the player in WvW doing it and they are on the enemy team you just see “Invader sits” over and over and you Cannot click on it to report them in any way shape or form and because you cant find them you cannot click on them in any way shape or form to report them or even just block them. Also informing players how to Ignore them problem and sweep it under the rug is still just ignoring it and not solving it. there will always be a player harassed by this and im here to make sure it stops and is not just ignored to continue on.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Wait a minute… The spammers cannot be on the other team because they can’t see your chat just like you can’t see theirs.
Your issue is on your team and completely reportable.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

pdavis.8031

Pdavis- if you cant see the player in WvW doing it and they are on the enemy team you just see “Invader sits” over and over and you Cannot click on it to report them in any way shape or form and because you cant find them you cannot click on them in any way shape or form to report them or even just block them. Also informing players how to Ignore them problem and sweep it under the rug is still just ignoring it and not solving it. there will always be a player harassed by this and im here to make sure it stops and is not just ignored to continue on.

So if you block the emotes, which is using an in game solution to the problem, is ignoring it? Its not ignoring it because it is a solution that has been provided to stop such things. Also if emotes are blocked you are not seeing them in the channel, thus not causing a problem for anyone else. And not to forget if the enemy is doing it to cause communication problems for your team, its also causing the same problems for them.

You can advocate that Anet remove emotes entirely, but that only creates a whole new problem for people who use them legitimately (i.e. Role players).

recognize my command!”

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

One Prarie Outpost.4860

So if you block the emotes, which is using an in game solution to the problem, is ignoring it? Its not ignoring it because it is a solution that has been provided to stop such things. Also if emotes are blocked you are not seeing them in the channel, thus not causing a problem for anyone else. And not to forget if the enemy is doing it to cause communication problems for your team, its also causing the same problems for them.

You can advocate that Anet remove emotes entirely, but that only creates a whole new problem for people who use them legitimately (i.e. Role players).

Pdavis… They are on his team and completely reportable for spamming. Read his post again. The opposing team cannot post in you BL chat just as you cannot post in theirs.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

Wait a minute… The spammers cannot be on the other team because they can’t see your chat just like you can’t see theirs.
Your issue is on your team and completely reportable.

You dont really seem to understand here. If i use /laugh in wvw. even though im on TC, any other WvW opponent can see my Invader Laughs emote. Yes, they can in fact see enemy emotes but they cannot see enemy chats. Same as i can see their emotes but not their chats. which i could then spam 300 times to clear their chat and disrupt communication. and they would not be able to report me if they cant see me.

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

pdavis.8031

Pdavis… They are on his team and completely reportable for spamming. Read his post again. The opposing team cannot post in you BL chat just as you cannot post in theirs.

I know normal chat channels work like that, not sure about emotes though, I have them disabled anyway, so its not even an issue.

Lord of Madness: Also by your logic, blocking people from whispering you is not a solution to stopping people from sending you PMs to troll amd harass you. Because ot doesnt stop the problem of them being kittens. Solutions have been provided for such things, using the solutions is not ignorjng the problem because no one aside the player themselves can stop them from being kittens. Anet can’t change a players attitude or mindset, but they can provide the tools to deal with such people, and they have.

recognize my command!”

Spamming in WvW

in WvW

Lord of Madness.2603

If a player is legitimately harassing you or stalking you via wispers you report them and they get banned. Thats a solution.

If they are just annoying or in an argument with you they are not breaking any rules and just being annoying, you block them. Thats a solution.

Spamming is a legitimate Offense to the Code of Conduct and requires a Report and not just a block according to the code of conduct. that is a solution