Spawn camping at it's worst

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I know everyone server has done this, and it’s more a fault of the map for allowing to happen but it’s pretty ridiculous when the server doing is 6 rank’s higher than your own.

A server should never be forced to play a server 6 ranks higher.

I’m sure a lot of players on the server aren’t enjoying this match up, and many of you are trying to prevent this spawn camping from occurring. I can’t imagine it being fun for them either, I know you guys are bored but can’t you just log off for a few hours?

These kinds of matchups are the last thing this game needs. There are numerous new players joining WvW for the first time, and this is the experience they are welcomed to.

I keep getting asked, “Why do they have so many more players then we do?” I don’t have an answer and it’s been 2.5 years and Arenet hasn’t found an answer either.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There are multiple ways out of spawn.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

With FA fielding those numbers, I wouldn’t be surprised if the other exits are also locked down.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

There are also three other maps each with three exits.

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

With FA fielding those numbers, I wouldn’t be surprised if the other exits are also locked down.

They are all locked down, unless we muster about 25 it’s very difficult to get out.

We’ve managed to push out several times but it’s not very fun when you don’t have the numbers to flank or fight.

(edited by grifflyman.8102)

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

Fa can pretty much have every map queued. I know on reset they do and on prime-time the have a pretty large map hopping group.

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Welcome to T3. My server IOJ and NSP have been dealing with the endless T2 hordes for about 2 months now.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Welcome to T3. My server IOJ and NSP have been dealing with the endless T2 hordes for about 2 months now.

the other servers in this matchup are in t4. then there’s FA. worst matchup in a very long time.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I know everyone server has done this, and it’s more a fault of the map for allowing to happen but it’s pretty ridiculous when the server doing is 6 rank’s higher than your own.

A server should never be forced to play a server 6 ranks higher.

Completely disagree. This has nothing to do with the number of ranks and everything to do with the rating difference. You can have 6 servers all very close in rank – it’s the current situation in T4/5 in fact and it’s very common in EU servers where stacking is less of an issue. Plus, FA’s rating is reasonably close to the server in 7th; SBI’s is reasonably close to the server in 8th. The actual problem is the 300 point gap between 7th and 8th place.

And the others are right – there are other exits, which FA wasn’t camping. Wraith led the zerg out one of those and wiped those spawn campers from behind. Problem solved.

in WvW

Posted by: neptunechild.4831

neptunechild.4831

I think last night or the night before last night, FA built a sup treb hitting at SBI spawn in eb.
That’s spawn camping at it’s worst

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Yeah, just looking at the picture is sad. A megablob with added treb support for additional insult.

Good for the commander trying to keep people motivated during this BM camping though. I doubt his plan to get in their face to make them turn and run worked out, but still good for him.

in WvW

Ben K.6238

The night I recall seeing a treb facing spawn, SBI had plenty of siege set up there as well.

Of course I’m not there all the time so it’s quite possible there’s been more than one treb built there.

in WvW

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

Well, when everything else is yours, spawn is where the fights are at. There are other exits, but people choose to fight anyways. Someone else posted and clearly elaborated more on what exactly happened. We don’t make it so every single spawn is blocked, and we most certainly do not have a queue on every map in a match up like this. EB is always queue’d however because Bannok is usually there, or RAIN whenever they decide to rally. If you keep coming out of your spawn to fight us, I assume it’s because you want the challenge, if not then there are very simple solutions to avoiding the bag farm. We got a very stupid RNG roll, but even then you’d still have to deal with a server with higher numbers, and if not you’re steam rolling another server and will eventually find yourself doing this exact same thing because your guild needs something to do. I have much respect for SBI, Bannok, and all the other commanders who manage to muster a zerg even in a match up like this, but things like this are going to happen because there just isn’t anything else to do.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

(edited by BLKNovember.5620)

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Yeah, I don’t think it matters.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

While every server has probably done this (db did it to YB this week, but to a lesser extent), take some personal responsibility and don’t be a jerk yourself…… When eb and YB took it to the extreme extent of both spawn camping SBI on ebg (while having a dance off for extra poor taste) in season 1 – I said something in map chat and never entered ebg again that week. My server mates were jerks that day – I didn’t need to be one myself and try to justify it……

That said……
If my server is spawn camping I will go elsewhere. If there truelly are no other fights, i just do somethiNg else or log.

If my server is being spawncamped, I don’t bother with alternate exits – I move BLs – preferably the campers BL. If said server is spawn camping everywhere, I simply log. I don’t think I have ever seen every bl spawn camped at the same time…..Don’t feed them and they will get bored just like the trolls they are. Once they are bored and leave, you can renter the field of play….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

When one of the four T2 servers collapses, they are sure going to have a tough time of it as everyone gets their payback.

in WvW

Posted by: Chairface.9036

Chairface.9036

The server that paid for their wins will probably fall first. Bandwagons usually do that. Now which server had to pay people to keep them warm at night?

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

The server that paid for their wins will probably fall first. Bandwagons usually do that. Now which server had to pay people to keep them warm at night?

You have such a salty kitten for FA it’s actually quite sad. This is the server that has been T2 for almost 2 years now.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Chairface.9036

You have such a salty kitten for FA it’s actually quite sad. This is the server that has been T2 for almost 2 years now.

I have no problem with any particular server. Only problems I see if you actually do want balance is extreme recruitment and collusion with enemy commanders. But doing both at the same time jeez, now that is actually quite sad.

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

I know you guys are bored but can’t you just log off for a few hours?

Can’t you just log off for a few hours?

in WvW

Ruru.1302

I have no problem with any particular server. Only problems I see if you actually do want balance is extreme recruitment and collusion with enemy commanders. But doing both at the same time jeez, now that is actually quite sad.

Collusion? We’re just focusing YB. If DB and SoS don’t want to hit us, that’s not our fault. Where is your solid, hard evidence that any collusion at all is happening? We’ve been trying to recruit OCX and SEA for the past year and the half, we weren’t actively looking for NA guilds, they just decided to come on their own.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I have no problem with any particular server.

Yes you do. It is quite obvious with the way you carry on here in multiple posts across multiple threads.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Chairface.9036

Collusion? We’re just focusing YB. If DB and SoS don’t want to hit us, that’s not our fault. Where is your solid, hard evidence that any collusion at all is happening? We’ve been trying to recruit OCX and SEA for the past year and the half, we weren’t actively looking for NA guilds, they just decided to come on their own.

The proof is commanders and guild leaders admitting it openly on the private forums.

I agree tho that DB and SoS don’t want to hit you. They do the same to YB.

in WvW

Ruru.1302

The proof is commanders and guild leaders admitting it openly on the private forums.

At this point, it’s quite obvious you are talking out of your behind.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: rashkin.9530

rashkin.9530

It all comes down to who are the preferred servers to be matched up again the most, what your servers rating is, and what your opponents rating is. make no mistake, FA and SoS are fierce rivals. It had always been and always will be like this. I know the general sentiment from camp SoS is, FA are the preferred matchups in the current T2 environment. YB offers nothing as opponents and would prefer not being matched up with them.

This leads on to the rating situation. Since the full blown S3 bandwagon (and still pushing recruitment might I add, all the while calling FA pathetic for trying to keep a stable OCE+SEA player base) YB has had a huge amount of rating banked, and the most to gain from ppt focus. If SoS wants to continue having a high chance to match up against FA then it is their best interest to squeeze rating from YB. You cry about a 2v1 last week, but there was nothing of the sort (not to mention to mention I could say the exact thing happened to SoS a few weeks back with YB/DB matchup and again this week but as you put, you and DB were just being “opportunistic”(Oh, and the proof from the other forums of several certain commanders and guilds from YB and DB putting 100% focus on SoS)). It wasn’t too difficult really, using basic map politics to cap all of YB corner of the maps and have most the server log out surprisingly fast, leaving SoS and FA to freely to actually have some good hard solid fights.

Don’t think for a second SoS and FA are friends. They are competitors, but just can provide (at least from a SoS p.o.v.) offer far better competition than YB could ever offer. Stop being so bitter and salty. You’re desperate attempts to shift blame from yourself is painfully obvious.

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Do you consider FA and SoS working together inside YB’s keep to be collusion? I have video of SoS flanking YB forces to protect FA’s golems, as well as blocking for each other when the ring is up.

And… another thread soon to be locked.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Do you consider FA and SoS working together inside YB’s keep to be collusion? I have video of SoS flanking YB forces to protect FA’s golems, as well as blocking for each other when the ring is up.

But even such video doesn’t address what Reichii posted about opponent server preference. A commander who is telling his forces to not hit the golems of X server doesn’t require enemy commanders to be pm’ing each other. He doesn’t have golems and the third server does. He could easily wipe the golems AFTER they let his forces inside. “Reading” a battle like that is not much different from “reading” a map. If I see orange swords on an enemy server’s keep, as a commander I have a choice to either go to those orange swords and check out what is going on or go hit another server’s keep while the other two servers are busy. The choice usually comes down to which option will give my server the most PPT in order to stay high in rating. That’s what happens when the tier has been influenced in such a way where servers want to play for PPT instead of fights.

It’s well-known that YB plays a defensive style where if you let them upgrade their stuff, the other two servers don’t want to bother with the long-siege under masses of arrow carts. Essentially YB makes other servers ignore them and fight each other. So the key is to keep YB stuff paper as much as possible and then all three servers can end up actually fighting instead of just two of the servers.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

But even such video doesn’t address what Reichii posted about opponent server preference. A commander who is telling his forces to not hit the golems of X server doesn’t require enemy commanders to be pm’ing each other. He doesn’t have golems and the third server does. He could easily wipe the golems AFTER they let his forces inside. “Reading” a battle like that is not much different from “reading” a map. If I see orange swords on an enemy server’s keep, as a commander I have a choice to either go to those orange swords and check out what is going on or go hit another server’s keep while the other two servers are busy. The choice usually comes down to which option will give my server the most PPT in order to stay high in rating. That’s what happens when the tier has been influenced in such a way where servers want to play for PPT instead of fights.

It’s well-known that YB plays a defensive style where if you let them upgrade their stuff, the other two servers don’t want to bother with the long-siege under masses of arrow carts. Essentially YB makes other servers ignore them and fight each other. So the key is to keep YB stuff paper as much as possible and then all three servers can end up actually fighting instead of just two of the servers.

I don’t know for certain whether they were in communication or not, but their highly coordinated movement indicated that they probably were to some extent. Not to mention, leaving each other untouched for several hours and dancing together. :P

I’m not complaining about it, I’m just replying to the person who said there was no collusion.

It has made for some very challenging and memorable fights for us, for sure. Having to face 2 map blobs does wear us down is it would anyone. But most people I know on the server take it as a compliment that your two servers often need to cooperate to take our stuff.

Now, if you’d only admit that YB is becoming more fights oriented.

PS – spawn camping is super lame.

Cheers.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Fa can pretty much have every map queued. I know on reset they do and on prime-time the have a pretty large map hopping group.

Also SBI never leaves EB.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I remember when SBI spawn camped with 3 ballistas and 5 ac’s in s01 against IOJ…

Here’s the same advice SBI gave us: “there are 3 exits to use, not our fault you’re all baddies”

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

lol Any time there is anything related to FA (even a BM spawn camp against dramatically low populated servers) it always turns into a 2v1 conversation.

Mr. Moderator, you may shut down another toxic thread now.

Infractions! Infractions everywhere!

in WvW

Chaba.5410

always turns into a 2v1 conversation.

It’s the new meta, didn’t you know?

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: rashkin.9530

rashkin.9530

UPLEVEL!? GO AWAY SPY!!!!OFN!#F*(!#@&!@#F#

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

There are 3 exits to every spawn. Use another one.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Ben K.6238

Considering the server it comes from, I find it too ironic to take seriously. They reap what they sow.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.1056

Moderator.1056

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.