Spectral Wall

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

This ability should not push an entire group off the map edge. It needs to be balanced and only affect 3-5 players.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It would need to have a 10 second cooldown then.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

This suggestion should not be listened to. Players need to learn how to use stability, break stuns, and be aware of their surroundings.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

This ability should not push an entire group off the map edge. It needs to be balanced and only affect 3-5 players.

Show me on this doll where the bad necro touched you poor eotm-er

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: madd.7183

madd.7183

LMAO yes !! , tbh people need to learn to play before they start saying nerf this or buffs that.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

They should just remove the aoe cap from all the skills.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: X Factor.2641

X Factor.2641

Sorry OP… gotta side with the masses, if every game was just about rushing and stomping something mindlessly people would lose interest quicker than they already are. Gotta be smart and anticipate that stuff. The more you know the map and use your head the less it’ll happen to you and the more you can laugh at the fools who aren’t ready for it and I’m an Edge commander so this is coming from a guy who’s had more than his fair share of wipes from Spectral Walls before I got smart and had to tell people to buff stability before rounding the next corner

[TMW] Darkstar
Leader, Driver, Lover
DR

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

If a zerg of shout guardians and warriors can’t do anything about 1 Spectral Wall, you have my deepest sympathies.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/51284852.jpg

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

i wish i could see a video of everyone falling off XD

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

So basically you want it to do nothing. The situation you’re complaining about is very specific and it involves people being on a PvP map and not paying attention or not bringing skills that help them survive on said map that’s filled with ledges and cliffs. Why should they “balance” any skill just so you won’t be inconvenienced by three minutes(at best) of running?

Whispers with meat.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

So basically you want it to do nothing. The situation you’re complaining about is very specific and it involves people being on a PvP map and not paying attention or not bringing skills that help them survive on said map that’s filled with ledges and cliffs. Why should they “balance” any skill just so you won’t be inconvenienced by three minutes(at best) of running?

Well its not only 3 minutes of walking depending of where you fell and which team you are.

But yeah, there is no need to change spectral wall… It’s a L2P issue.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

LMAO yes !! , tbh people need to learn to play before they start saying nerf this or buffs that.

Oh you touch my tralala ooh my ding ding dong.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

It would seem very reasonable to me to have a 5 player limit for the skills effect, as this limit was forced upon other skills with AoEs thay effect multiple targets. I feel it is needed for the sake of congruency alone.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

It would seem very reasonable to me to have a 5 player limit for the skills effect, as this limit was forced upon other skills with AoEs thay effect multiple targets. I feel it is needed for the sake of congruency alone.

Walls specifically do not have a limit so it’s very much the same as similar skills. Honestly you need a brain dead zerg to fall for this so I think it’s a nice IQ check against those that can’t be bothered to press one button or know what stability is.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Klocknov.8219

Klocknov.8219

My only complaint about wall is on lower graphic settings it can be very hard to see since it at time only shows up as a green line on the ground with no wall animation.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Stupid Necro’s derailing my karma train!

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Keybind a stunbreak. Problem solved.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

How about paying attention and not running blindly into it?

BG

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I had this done to me in eotm the other day, and you know what? the zerg and myself deserved it for not paying attention blindly running a corner. Just like Ranger pbs these abilities are fine the way they’re.

JQ Druid

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Turtle.4678

Turtle.4678

This is a terrible post OP. Learn to use your utilities, that’s what they are there for.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Last time I wanted to complain about this, there was no “ruining my game mode” option for in-game reports, so I had to file a bug report about that omission, instead.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

I don’t care what people think or say just because I have the brains and brawn to come on here and voice my opinion about something nobody wants to discuss.

This ability is massively unbalanced and needs to be fixed, it’s simple. There is no debate or “l2p” nonsense.

It’s just a simple fact that one single person with one single ability should not be able to kill an entire group of enemies.

If this is the “oh it’s balanced” mentality, then please give my Ranger an arrow that wipes an enemy group too. Thanks.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Like every other walls/lines/bubbles, this skill doesn’t have a limit.

It doesn’t exactly kill you. It simply fears you which forces you to run in a certain direction for less than 2 seconds.
If you think that you can around a map where you can get killed by a hostile player without at least a stun breaker, you deserve to die by this simple-to-avoid skill.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

L2P issue.

Use a stun break. If you’re dying to this it’s because you don’t know how to play. I’ll assume that’s the case since you made this thread and because you’re zerging around in EOTM.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

I don’t care what people think or say just because I have the brains and brawn to come on here and voice my opinion about something nobody wants to discuss.

This ability is massively unbalanced and needs to be fixed, it’s simple. There is no debate or “l2p” nonsense.

It’s just a simple fact that one single person with one single ability should not be able to kill an entire group of enemies.

If this is the “oh it’s balanced” mentality, then please give my Ranger an arrow that wipes an enemy group too. Thanks.

If I stand still and let someone autoattack me to death does that make the person’s autoattack OP?

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

lol… ok then.

You are correct though. There is no debate. You are entirely wrong, spectral wall is not “op”, it does not need to be fixed. You just need to learn how to stop running into it. Either that or pop your stabo. It’s really not that hard.

BG

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I can kill entire zergs with #1 on an AC. Are you going to tell me ACs need a nerf too just because the zerg is too dumb to move out of the red circle?

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Zerg: La La La Bags

Player A: Humm I remember that spot, necros can fear people off an edge there

Zerg: La La La Bags, La La La Bags

Player A: I better make sure I have a my stability ready.

Zerg: La La La Bags, La La La Bags, La La La Bags,

Player A: I see the wall, (Pops stability, walks through completely immune)

Zerg: La La La Bags, La La La Bags, La La Laaaaahhhhhhh

What killed the people in that zerg? A skill that smart players walked right through with no issues?

Or having no situation awareness of where they are or what they were doing other then “La La La Bags”

We don’t need this game being dumbed down any more.

Its a Learn to play, OP might not like to hear it, but that’s all it is.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Thayel.1236

Thayel.1236

This right here! This is the whole reason I leveled a necro.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

i want 10 sec stability on my engy XD

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Personally I’ve been playing this game since the start and I only recently learned that that this was unlimited. Prior to this I though that all character based AoEs were limited to 5 targets.
Necro was my final character slot after levelling every other class to 80.
OP or not OP it doesn’t really matter – if you are going to limit good AoE abilities from other classes to 5 targets you should do the same for this or lift the restriction on the others.
Some earlier posts on this thread have said that you should always run stability just in case, however read other threads and you see other self proclaimed experts saying that you must always run a particular trait, signet, skill etc. to mitigate a common occurrence. Every class does not have enough traits, signets, skills etc. to run everything so such “You should have been running X – Learn to Play – You are a noob” etc. comments are ignorant and pointless.
It would not surprise me if some of these comments are being made by Necros who do not want their favourite trick “Nerfed” in the way that they have previously demanded the “Nerfing” of the abilities of other classes that they believed to be OP.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

The fearless spectral wall – zergbusting tool! Screw all stunbreaks/stability and rush through iiiiiiiiiiit.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

@Nidome: All wall skills have no target limit because they can only affect you if you run through them. This is true for Static Field, Temporal Curtian, Veil, Spectral Wall, Line of Warding, Ring of Warding, and Unsteady Ground. For consistency, Spectral Wall should not get a target limit.

Plus, saying “run stability/stunbreak” is not for anything even resembling a fringe situation. The need for one of those two things is so incredibly common, if you aren’t running one, you are asking to lose any PvP fight you get into.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

i want 10 sec stability on my engy XD

Well, you can use this, or this, or even this if you run that thing.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Personally I’ve been playing this game since the start and I only recently learned that that this was unlimited. Prior to this I though that all character based AoEs were limited to 5 targets.
OP or not OP it doesn’t really matter – if you are going to limit good AoE abilities from other classes to 5 targets you should do the same for this or lift the restriction on the others.
Some earlier posts on this thread have said that you should always run stability just in case, however read other threads and you see other self proclaimed experts saying that you must always run a particular trait, signet, skill etc. to mitigate a common occurrence. Every class does not have enough traits, signets, skills etc. to run everything so such “You should have been running X – Learn to Play – You are a noob” etc. comments are ignorant and pointless.
It would not surprise me if some of these comments are being made by Necros who do not want their favourite trick “Nerfed” in the way that they have previously demanded the “Nerfing” of the abilities of other classes that they believed to be OP.

Aoes are limited to 5 people UNLESS they are line based cc. This is no different than ele’s unsteady ground or guard’s ring of warding, line of warding, zealot’s embrace and so on. If you’re going to nerf spectral wall then you will need to nerf every other ability as well. As for the comment about stabo, that’s why make sure you are in the right group. If you don’t have access to that then you get someone in your party that can share it. If you run around as a group but don’t play as a group then you have no one to blame but yourself when you are picked off.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I kind of want to hop onto my necro now and go spectral wall zergs in EotM.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Spectral wall is not an issue… This is not even a learn to play issue, this is “I’m too lazy to walk around or press stability” issue…

In WvW spectral wall is used for the protection and to hopefully stop 1-2 people in the hammer train for 2s…. a whole 2s….

The only time this ability feels OP, is if you’re on a map floating in the sky travelling to your next champion loot bag and you’re high as a kite not paying attention after hours of mashing your staff 1 guard skills

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

gennyt.3428

Imagine if Veil could stealth only five people, or Line of Warding could stop only 5 people. Those skills would be terrible, even if they had a five second cooldown their practical application in WvWvW would be little to none. If anything, Spectral Wall highlights EotM’s dodgy and repetitive design of ledges, bridges and more ledges and even then its a gimmick that totally depends on people not paying attention. And yes, I think it’s understood that we’re talking about EotM here since Spectral Wall is a non-issue on every other WvWvW map. You don’t have to run some highly optimized, super restrictive, expensive build and nail down a difficult rotation of skills, for most classes it’s just swapping out ONE utility and once again paying attention. If someone can’t be bothered to do that then they have no room to complain.

Whispers with meat.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Every class have an auto stun break trait. Use that if you dont want to press buttons

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

i wish i could see a video of everyone falling off XD

You have two more wishes.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Brains and brawn to be 1-shot killed along with 50 other lemmings?

I’m happy to discuss it. Ways to avoid being feared off a cliff:
Stun break
Auto stun break
Having stability
Condition cleanse
Not running through the wall

If you can’t manage any of these things you deserve to be a loot bag. Spectral wall is a point control skill which is meant to force you to go around or use your stability, like the guardian and elementalist skills. If your reaction time is that awful then just don’t run at the front of your zerg and get your bear to help remove fear from allies.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

What if.. Just WHAT IF..

Stay with me.

What if, Guardian used Line Of Warding at JUST the right spot and a bunch of people bumped in to it and fell off a cliff.

Would that be OP too? ’cause it could be done if it were placed just oh so perfectly.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

What if.. Just WHAT IF..

Stay with me.

What if, Guardian used Line Of Warding at JUST the right spot and a bunch of people bumped in to it and fell off a cliff.

Would that be OP too? ’cause it could be done if it were placed just oh so perfectly.

now that’s a video i will watch and laugh my butt off

[SA]

(edited by pepper.6179)

Spectral Wall

in WvW

gennyt.3428

Brains and brawn to be 1-shot killed along with 50 other lemmings?

I’m happy to discuss it. Ways to avoid being feared off a cliff:
Stun break
Auto stun break
Having stability
Condition cleanse
Not running through the wall

If you can’t manage any of these things you deserve to be a loot bag. Spectral wall is a point control skill which is meant to force you to go around or use your stability, like the guardian and elementalist skills. If your reaction time is that awful then just don’t run at the front of your zerg and get your bear to help remove fear from allies.

No, gotta tag that champ! Gotta rush to stay in the front of the blob, even on narrow ledges. Exercise zero caution! Must. Get. Loot. More. Now.

Whispers with meat.

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

What if.. Just WHAT IF..

Stay with me.

yes, the guardian pinball is strong with this one…

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Every class have an auto stun break trait. Use that if you dont want to press buttons

No they don’t. Stop spreading misinformation.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Spectral Wall

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I love it when the lead players counter my spectral wall, it just means that the tail doesn’t realize that something bad is going to happen. Sometimes I’ll let the first few pass before dropping the wall for the rest. It’s too funny to see five or six turn around and realize everyone else is not there.

One day it will be fixed so it has a red border around it but until then if you’re OG you better have a way to counter it.