Speed hacks in WvW?

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

I was on my engineer today.
The enemy was coming and drank my potion for run buff.
Was at the ogre camp. I was in the middle of the camp and they was just about at the entrance when I started to run.
As I am running I looked back and out of no where player run up to me like I was standing still, 2 shot me and ran off at a very fast speed. I was like 3’ from the exit of the camp.
Never seen anyone run this fast before.
So went to look for his name and ofc you can not see it to send a petition to have it investigated.

thoughts?

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

you can still click him and select report.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Raffie.7865

Oh… 8-(

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Chima.5972

Chima.5972

Happend to my GF too the other day. She asked who the hell could teleport that fast up on her, when we later killed it, and he were an engineer. Its simply not possible.

That said: Forward Dodging, will gain you a bit of speed, and a few warrior/mesmer/engineer skills i know off, will do too.

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

Ethics and morale is long gone. And apprently Anet made it abit too easy for clients to manipulate server data.

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Ergo Proxy.6219

Ergo Proxy.6219

I had a warrior run up and whirlwind me, only instead of zipping past me he seemed to simply stick to me and hit me with 100% of the damage. Killing me in about 1 second.

Not sure if it was a hack or a bug but yeah lots of shady stuff seems to happen in WvW.

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Raffie.7865

Hmmm, so starting to sound like I’m not alone with seeing odd things going on.

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Also happened to me several times. Also ppl either teleport or d/c before u perma-kill them and 1 hit kill hacks (23k life – exotic)

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

Today I swear there was some strange stuff going on as well, some one else noticed it on team chat. This one guild on Jade Quarry was suspicious, judging by the guild name is was an Asian guild. Could have been lag, but I don’t think it was.

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

@kelman…u could detail more on what was actually happening lol

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Shintai.5618

Well we even have people teleporting or fly right into the citadel inaccessible areas from outside. And even people in our own maptalk says they cheat too. Its getting to the point were people obviously dont care because there aint a penalty. And I guess Anet cant catch them.

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Raffie.7865

I hope Arenanet is aware of possible hacking issues.

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

That said: Forward Dodging, will gain you a bit of speed

That’s an illusion.

I saw a guy recently who seemed to be constantly lagging further away (on top of using whatever abilities he had to gain distance). I won’t say it was a hack, yet.

And then there was the very very dead guy I saw yesterday (he died twice in front of me), who still had a downed state health bar which we couldn’t touch. Wasn’t shocking when one of his teammates ran up and almost instantly revived him. For now I’m assuming that’s a bug, rather than believing it to be an exploit, because he’s not the first person I’ve seen who maintained a downstate healthbar into death.

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

Today I swear there was some strange stuff going on as well, some one else noticed it on team chat. This one guild on Jade Quarry was suspicious, judging by the guild name is was an Asian guild. Could have been lag, but I don’t think it was.

That would probably be Fong Shen [FS]. I’ve seen some actually playing WvW, and others afk farming queensdale, so I don’t know what to make of the guild at all.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

I had a warrior run up and whirlwind me, only instead of zipping past me he seemed to simply stick to me and hit me with 100% of the damage. Killing me in about 1 second.

Not sure if it was a hack or a bug but yeah lots of shady stuff seems to happen in WvW.

You sure he wasn’t hitting a terrain element? I used to pull mobs to walls and then whirlwind into the wall, back when I was using a greatnoobsword.

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Some of the things you see may be a result of client side code prediction failure. TO make things looks smooth, clients sometimes use prediction where a model will be, while waiting for the server to confirm it. This causes the famous rubber-banding, where you run forward, because the client lets you do so, but then the server corrects that, and you get pushed back. This can also cause someone to appear to run through things, only because your client was not informed about his actual position yet. I can imagine that a similar thing could happen when a player uses some kind of haste skill, and your client is not informed that he stopped using it, so the player keeps speeding across your screen. Don’t know if that’s the case, but it seems possible.

Speed hacks in WvW?

in WvW

Shintai.5618

Some of the things you see may be a result of client side code prediction failure. TO make things looks smooth, clients sometimes use prediction where a model will be, while waiting for the server to confirm it. This causes the famous rubber-banding, where you run forward, because the client lets you do so, but then the server corrects that, and you get pushed back. This can also cause someone to appear to run through things, only because your client was not informed about his actual position yet. I can imagine that a similar thing could happen when a player uses some kind of haste skill, and your client is not informed that he stopped using it, so the player keeps speeding across your screen. Don’t know if that’s the case, but it seems possible.

Just search youtube for GW2 and speedhack. And you wouldnt write what you did :P